Honeybunny

Next Stop, Insanity

We're here on Jeju island for a vacation- not to continue our fights!”

“Who do you think started this?”

“You're the one who always lashes out at me for anything I do!”

“Shut your mouth. The children will wake up.”

“Who's fault is that?”

“Shut up, will you?!”

“I can't stand you anymore. When did you become so uncaring towards me?”

“What are you talking about? I've always been like this.”

“I must have been blind when I fell for you so many years back.”

“So was I.”

“Get out of the room. Now.”

“I was going to leave without the need for you to tell me. If the kids wake up and look for me, tell them I wanted to watch the television.”

“Oh, so now you care?”


- - - - -

“A divorce?” Jungkook whispered, almost inaudibly. He looked up at his mother with round eyes and she avoided his gaze,

“We have no choice.”

“Can't you guys work this out? Something other than divorce?”

She turned to him and gave him a weak smile. One that showed how tired she was. He could see the bags under her eyes, and the eyes that looked dim and lifeless at a time like this.

“We've tried. We've been trying to work things out for the past few years. There has been no improvement.”

Jungkook scoffed, “You've got to be kidding me. So what's going to happen to Junghwa and I?” His mother wrung her hands together in discomfort, “I can take care of one of you.”

He froze, “One of us?”

She looked up at him, “Yes, well-”

“So you're breaking us apart?”

“Jungkook, listen, please.”

“Hell no. Just when I finally got on better terms with my little sister, you plan to take her away from me?!”

“Jungkook, your sister will wake up!” She hissed. He shut up, allowing her to talk. His breathing came out in deep breaths- an indication that he was angry.

“I can't have any say over this. If your father wants to take care of you, by law, he can take you.”

“Why can't you just-”

He stopped talking when the door opened. The two of them looked up. Jungkook heard his mother let out a small gasp when she saw his father come in. Jungkook was about to say something to him, but his father briskly walked past them and into his room- shutting the door behind him.

Jungkook turned to his mother for her reaction. Her eyes watered, and she broke down into another round of tears. His eyes softened, and he immediately felt guilty for yelling at her before.

“Mom,” he whispered, pulling her into a hug, “I'm sorry.” 

 

She cried into his chest,

“No, Jungkook. We're sorry, I'm sorry.

She broke away from his embrace and wiped her tears away. He gave her a small smile and gave her hand a comforting squeeze.

“Mom, you should head to bed soon.” She weakly nodded and got up, allowing him to her. She reached the middle of the hallway when the door to her bedroom opened, and her eyes widened when she saw her husband with a suitcase.

“Where are you going?” She whispered in shock. He looked at her with dark eyes,

“Not here, obviously. You were the one who told me to get out. I'm simply complying to your wishes, aren't I?” He retorted. She gasped, “You wouldn't-”

“I'm staying over at my brother's. Don't bother coming to the restaurant- I can manage.”

Jungkook stayed silent this whole time and when he met eyes with his father, he suddenly felt all the anger and resentment rush up. His eyes turned cold and he practically glowered at him. He saw the flicker in his father's eyes- that flicker of shock and hurt- but before he could say anything, he was pushed out of the way.


He heard the wheels of the suitcase roll against the wooden flooring.

Then he heard the door slam shut.

His father had just walked out on them.

 

- - - - -

 

Hanuel was sitting on the couch, watching the television as she waited for her parents to come home. She occasionally glanced at her phone to check if Jungkook had sent her a message.

Her mind wandered off, and she suddenly became upset after thinking about what Jungkook and Junghwa were going through right now. She was both physically and emotionally close to him- so wasn't there anything she could do to help them?

She reached for her phone and typed up a message for him.

I hope everything is going alright, Jungkook 

She put the phone back down and leaned her head against the top of the couch. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh.

She stayed in that position for a while, waiting for his reply.

It never came.

“Please let him be alright.” She whispered.

- - - - -

 

After hearing about the news, Hanuel's mother ever-so-kindly offered to spend some time with Mrs. Jeon- in hope of lightening up her mood.

She left Hanuel in charge of the store that day so the two mother's could converse.

Hanuel bid her mom goodbye, and locked up the apartment. Her dad had already left for work, and she had about two hours before the store's opening hour. She walked into the kitchen to make herself some breakfast.

Her phone was thrown onto the kitchen table with a disheartened sigh.

He didn't reply yet.

She was worried.

She took out a glass, and poured herself a cup of milk. She didn't have enough appetite to eat anything.

 

Hanuel sat down and leaned her cheek against her palm and looked at her phone. She spaced out, and when her phone rang, she almost threw her milk onto the ground.

She quickly picked it up,

“Hello?”

“Hey. I got your message.” 

She smiled, relieved to be able to hear his voice.

“I'm fine. There's no need to worry about me, alright?” 

She furrowed her eyebrows, “Jungkook-”

“Shh. I said I'm fine, didn't I?” 

“Are you really?”

Ignoring her question he replied, “I heard you were taking care of the store today. Mind if Junghwa and I join?” 

Hanuel sighed in defeat, “I don't mind. But Jungkook are you-”

“Okay. Open your apartment door please.” 

Her eyes widened when she heard the dial tone and she looked up at the door. Hesitantly, she got up and walked over. Her eyes flickered in surprise when she saw Jungkook standing there with Junghwa in his arms through the eye hole. She opened the door and he looked up with a grin,

“Hey.”

Hanuel gave him a smile in return, “Good morning.” She turned her gaze to Junghwa who was nodding off to sleep in her brother's arms. She chuckled, “Is she still sleepy?”

He walked in and Hanuel closed the door behind him. He brushed Junghwa's bangs away from her face and shrugged, “She looked like a hyperactive bunny when I told her we were coming over but I guess her battery ran out.”

Hanuel softened and took Junghwa's hand, rubbing her thumb over it gently, “I hope you're okay Jungie.” Jungkook studied her face, watching her with a pleasant smile. Hanuel stopped when she noticed how quiet he was. She looked up,

“What-”

She was cut off when Jungkook leaned down to give her a kiss on the cheek. Her eyes widened when he pulled away and her hand flew up to her cheek in embarrassment,

“Dude! Your sister's right here.” She hissed. Jungkook gave her a boyish grin, “So? Seeing you made me happy. Can I not express that?” She shook her head, but didn't say anything.

Hanuel held out her hands, “She can sleep in my room while I make us breakfast. I assume you didn't eat yet, right?”

He shook his head and she rolled her eyes, “Of course. You wouldn't be able to cook for your life.” She walked towards her bedroom.

“Says the girl who can't understand math equations for her life!” He yelled. Hanuel stopped in her tracks and turned around,

“Oh, shut it!”

He smirked, “One for Jeon Jungkook and zero for his cute girlfriend.”

- - - - - 

 

Hanuel spread the butter over the bread, then sprinkled sugar onto it. After doing so, she carefully placed it into the oven for it to toast. Jungkook peered up from behind her,

“What are you making?”


“Toast.”

“What's up with the sugar and butter?”

“It makes it taste better.”

“Why?”

She whirled around, “What's with you and your questions?”

He blinked up innocently, “Huh?” She let out a frustrated sigh, “Never mind, you doofus.” He grinned, glad he had won. He got up from his seat and stood beside her. She looked up at him,

“Are you sure you're okay?” She whispered. He looked at her, “Why do you keep asking me that?”

“I keep asking that because I'm genuinely worried about you, Jungkook.”

He softened and ruffled her hair, “I said I'm fine. If I'm not okay, who's going to be there for my mom and Junghwa?” Hanuel gave him a smile, “Fine. Just know that I'll be here if you're not okay, okay?”

He made an 'OK' sign with his hands, “Got it.” 

 

She went back to making the breakfast and he went back to observing her.

Once she was done with all three pieces of toast, she placed them down onto the kitchen table to cool down. She took out two cups from the cupboard and poured out two glasses of orange juice for the siblings. Jungkook looked at her in surprise, “Where's your cup?”

“I have no appetite.” She admitted. He frowned and walked up to her, wrapping his arms around her waist. He rested his palm against her stomach and heat rushed up her cheeks. She grabbed onto his hands,

“What do you think you're doing?”

“Hugging you.”

“Let go. I'm going to drop these cups because of you.”

“Then put them down, because I don't plan on letting you go.” He whispered as he rested his chin on her shoulder. She softened and placed the cups down.

“You know, you make everything so difficult for me.” She turned to the side to catch a glimpse of him, “What are you talking about?”

“I'm in an apartment with you. There are no parents. The kid's asleep. What do you think?”

Her eyes widened and she was about to pull his arms off when he chuckled, “I'm kidding. Calm down.”

“Jungkook, don't joke like that.” She rolled her eyes as she let her arms fall limply by her side. He intertwined their hands together, and they stayed like that for a few minutes.

However, Hanuel broke the silence.

“Your heart's beating really fast.” She whispered in awe. He turned her body around and searched her eyes,

“I'm with the girl I like. Of course it'd be reacting this way for you.” He confessed. Hanuel softened and gave him a small smile. His lips also curved up. Tentatively, she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down slightly before she leaned up to give him a quick kiss on the lips.

His eyes widened.

She cleared and wiggled out of his embrace. His stunned posture told her that he was still in shock. She chuckled lightly, and began to take out the utensils for breakfast.

“You know, it's so rare that you take the initiative that it's kind of scary.”

 

She turned around as she took out the forks, “So do you not want me to-”

“Oh hell no. I find it hot. Please continue.” He grinned. dropped open, “Oh my god.” He was about to advance towards her but she dodged out of the way,

“I think your sister's awake. If not, let's wake her up. On second thought- I'll wake her up. You stay right there.”

“After kissing me you become shy?” He questioned out loud.

“Shut up!” She called from the hallway. He chuckled and leaned against the wall, waiting for her to come out.

He smiled as he adjusted the watch on his arm.

He felt better being by her side. How could she have such an effect on him? It made him feel like a fool in love.

Heck- he was a fool in love.

Shaking his head, he pushed himself off the wall.

“Honeybunny~ You're taking too long. Are you trying to make me miss you?”

No reply.

“Okay, you asked for it. I'm coming in.”

 

- - - - -
 

Jungkook gave the customer a smile and handed the bag of clothes to her, “Have a nice day.”

The girl giggled and turned to her friend. Before walking out, he heard her whisper,

“He's so handsome, oh my gosh.”

He rolled his eyes, but he was pleased that he had that kind of effect on people. He scowled, however.

Why didn't he have this effect on Hanuel?

Another group of customers came in, and with no surprise, it was another group of high school girls. They began whispering as soon as they saw him, and one girl even had the audacity to wink at him.

 

He checked out their items for them, and gave them a charming smile,

“Thank you, and have a wonderful day.”

One girl piped up, “Are you busy today?” The smile slipped off his lips, “Yeah. I'm helping out here.” She turned back to her friends, said something, then turned back to him.

“What about after work?”

“No thank you. I have to take care of my little sister.” He kindly declined.

The girl shrugged, “No worries. That's so cute of you.” Winking, she and her friends left.

 

Jungkook leaned onto his hand. He watched them as they walked away. However, they still turned back to get one last look at him.

He sat there for a while.

Thinking.

All of a sudden, he pushed the chair back, got up, and walked to the staff room. He saw Hanuel playing with Junghwa. They both looked up at him in surprise,

“Is there no more customers?” Hanuel asked as she got up.

He didn't reply.

 

Instead, he frowned.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at her and she raised an eyebrow in question.

He pointed finger at her, “Why don't you act like that towards me, huh?” Without giving her a chance to even reply, he waved his hand in dismissal and went back to the cash register.

Hanuel stood there in a stupor, “What is he talking about now?” Junghwa pulled on her sleeve,

“I think oppa's just gone crazy.”

Hanuel crouched back down with a lop-sided grin, “Yeah. I think so too.”


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif


I'm back! :D School ended for me since it's winter break so HALLELUJAH I can finally update!

I updated today, and I'll update again tomorrow- hopefully. If not, the day after, kay guys? 

Thank you so much for your comments, I read them all- although I couldn't reply to anybody since I honestly had no time. So many of you guys sent me inbox messages, left me wallposts and even sent me so many friend requests. I finally got around to replying/accepting them all today. Thank you guys (: I also want to apologize for leaving you guys for so long. I had to put my schoolwork as my highest priority. I'm so sorry T~T


But wow, 800+ subscribers now! Thank you so much T-T I could cry because of you guys. D':

Also, two of my subscribers tagged me in some..question asking thingy? So here you go, kissme4life_99 and B2stFan3, here's the link to it. If any other subbies wanted to creep me out and find out more about me, you could also click here.

I also noticed you guys leave a lot of questions for me- so on the blog post you guys could leave your questions in the comment box and I'll be more than happy to reply to them (: /coughs/ Although most of them are about my love life. But I'll reply to them honestly just for all of you guys! And idk- as a celebration I even got to 800 subscribers? LOL. 

I also have a few questions for you guys, so if you want to answer them, feel free to on the blog post :D

Totally non-related to this update: 
1. Why is VIXX so cool? omfg their Voodoo Doll music videooooo ;~; 
2. BTS- LOL. Your Attack on Bangtan stages trolololol. And omg Jungkookie c: I like your hair ;D 
3. MAMA 2013 killed me. Infinite- EXO- Trouble Maker and Big Bang- omgo mgomg. I still don't get it. What's up with Hoya and Hyuna though? 
4. HEIRS?!?!?!?!?! WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO MY LIFE
5. Oh yeah, is Pretty Man a good drama? o: I don't know if I should start it

Okay, that's all I'll write here for today :D 

Thank you, and I hope you enjoyed the chapter! <3