Dance With Me?

Next Stop, Insanity

Since the beginning of the week, the school was filled left and right with proposals for the semi-formal because the event itself was this Saturday. It would only get more hectic in a few months when prom came along. In most cases, it was the guy who went all out to ask the girl. Although, there were quite a few confessions where the girl asked the guy instead.

Take this one for example.

Jungkook was holding onto a card, while he walked out of the school building towards the left field. When he opened his locker during break, a card had fallen out. Out of curiousity, he had picked it up and scanned through it. A girl had told him to meet at the left field at the start of break because she had something to ask him.

He already had his rejection speech in mind.

He walked onto the field and looked around. He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw no sight of anybody, other than the people walking off the school grounds to buy lunch elsewhere. All of a sudden, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his body and he froze. He was about to turn around when a familiar voice spoke out,

“Please don't move so soon. I just wanted to ask you a question.” Jaehee whispered. Her face was against his back and her arms were now tightly holding on. Jungkook stayed still, like she asked. But he was surprised at her sudden physical contact.

He had a feeling he knew what the question was going to be.

“Will you go to the semi-formal as my date?” She asked. Jungkook lightly grabbed onto her hands and pulled them off his stomach before turning around. She looked up at him, “Will you?”

He looked off to the side, as if avoiding her eyes, “I'm sorry, Jaehee. I got my date already.” Her eyes widened, “Who?”

“Hanuel.” He replied. Her eyes flickered in confusion, “But, she said you guys weren't dating!” Jungkook shrugged, “You don't have to be dating to be acquaintances to a semi-formal dance.” Jaehee blinked, more confused than ever, “I don't get it. I just don't get it.” Jungkook sighed and lightly pulled away, “I'm sorry. I'll be leaving now.”

Jaehee stood there as she felt he humiliation rise up in her body and her eyes were on the brink of tears. She looked down at the ground, “I won't give up, Jungkook.”

- - - - -

Hanuel looked up from her sandwich when she heard somebody call her name. Minjung looked up in surprise as well, and then her eyes slightly widened. Kangdae stood there, “Hey Minjung.” She nodded back, “Hello.”

“Hanuel, could I talk to you out in the hall for a second?” He requested. Hanuel nodded and got up after him. Minjung watched the two walk out and shook her head.

“Poor him.”

Once the two reached the hallways outside, Kangdae turned around while Hanuel stood against the wall. He looked at her, “Uh, so I have a question for you.” Hanuel nodded, as if telling him to continue.

“Will you go to the semi-formal with me?” He asked.

Her eyes widened.

Okay, this was not what she was expecting. Minjung did mention something earlier about this, but Hanuel had assumed she was joking.

Kangdae seemed to notice her bafflement, “Hanuel?” She looked back up at him, “Um, Kangdae. I actually-”

“I can give you time to think about it.” He cut in. She shook her head, “That won't do. I already have my date.” Kangdae's eyes narrowed slightly, “Jungkook isn't it?” She blinked in surprise, “How'd you know?” Kangdae bitterly laughed as he looked down, “Who else would it be?”

“I'm really sorry.” She whispered. Kangdae looked up, “No problem, I guess. Sorry for wasting your time.” He walked down the halls and turned the corner. Hanuel felt as guilty as ever as she watched his drooping shoulders.

Why couldn't she have just not gone to this stupid event?

But no, Jungkook had to force her into it.

Now, she couldn't even back out.

She turned back around and walked back into the cafeteria. She walked back towards Minjung, who looked up. “How did it go?” Hanuel bit her lip, “He looked so sad. I feel pretty bad now.” Minjung rolled her eyes, “You would feel even worse if you actually said yes.”

- - - - -

Jungkook walked into his Science class, and he spotted Hanuel sitting in her usual seat. He noticed her sullen expression and he might have guessed what had happened. He met Kangdae on the way down the hall, and he had given him a look.

A look mixed with envy, jealous and anger.

He decided it was best to leave her alone for now.

He'll just ask about it later.

The teacher looked up from his desk when the bell rang and he called out for the class to quiet down. Hanuel finally turned her attention to the teacher. She put her chin onto her palm and leaned down. The teacher was talking, but all she could think bout was the semi-formal.

 

Never in a hundred years did she ever think that she'd have such a headache about this.

She sighed as she thought about it.

Couldn't she have just not gone? She could. She really could just skip out. But that would mean she'd go back against her words. Jungkook would bug her about it for the rest of her life.

Darn it.

- - - - -

At the end of class, Hanuel quickly gathered her bags and walked out of the room. Jungkook was still putting his pen away when he watched her speed out of the classroom.

Was she that bothered by it?

He slung his backpack over his shoulder and walked out into the hallway.

He got changed for his next class, and walked towards the middle of the gymnasium where the teacher was taking attendance. His eyes flitted over to Hanuel, who looks focused on what the teacher was talking about.

“We'll split up and play one round of dodgeball as warm-up before we get back into our soccer unit.” The teacher said. “Now, red team on that side, blue team on that side.”

Jungkook walked over to his side of the gymnasium as the teacher split everybody up. His face slightly fell when she was put onto the opposite team. The students walked backwards to the wall, and when the teacher blew the whistle, they ran forward to grab a ball.

The game went by rather quickly, with all the athletic guys taking everyone out. There was Hanuel, and three others guys left on her team while Jungkook's team had five guys left- including himself. Hanuel had a good aim, and was fast at taking them out when the other team bent down to pick up dodgeballs.
Then her eyes locked onto his. Jungkook raised an eyebrow as she twirled the dodgeball around before striking. His eyes slightly widened at the speed and for some reason, he didn't want to get her out by catching it so he let it roll off his fingers.

Making it look like an accident, of course.

Team mates from his team groaned at one of their star players getting out. Jungkook waited by the sides and watched her play instead.

He couldn't help but smile, when he watched how serious she looked. No matter what she did, she did it whole-heartedly and always tried her best.

Finally, her team had won when the guys from her team managed to take the others out. They cheered and gave each other high-fives as the teacher blew the whistle.

“Same teams, but two people go grab a soccer ball, and we'll head out to the field!”

- - - - -

Jungkook came out of the change room after class and was surprised to see that Hanuel was already gone. On the way to his locker, he walked past hers to see if she was there.

She wasn't.

He slightly frowned and shook his head. He walked back to his lockers and put his books into his backpack for tonight's homework. Jungkook closed the locker door and lightly jogged down the stairs. When he turned the corner, he looked out the window and saw Hanuel walking the opposite way of the bus stops. He tilted his head as he pushed open the door and walked out.

“Hanuel!” He called out. She looked up and was momentarily surprised but then her eyes widened even more as she began walking faster, away from him. He furrowed his eyebrows as he ran down the steps and across the parking lot. Right when she was about to pick up her pace, he grabbed onto her wrist and spun her around.

“Why are you avoiding me?” He questioned. She puffed out her cheeks and looked down, “I feel bad. If he sees he'll just be more upset.” He let go of her wrist, “Because of Kangdae?” She looked up, “Eh? You know?” He nodded in response.

Hanuel sighed, “I don't know. I'm sorry. I'm just confused.” Jungkook put his hand into his pocket, “You're worried about hurting his feelings?”

But not his own?

She nodded, “He looked so upset.” Jungkook scoffed, “When does he not look like a defeated puppy?” Hanuel raised an eyebrow at his words, “Why do you sound so angry?”

His eye twitched in annoyance.

Seriously?

“It's nothing.” He replied. “Do you want to walk home together, today?” She looked up, “Now?” He rolled his eyes, “No, let's walk home at midnight.” Her face immediately fell, “You!” She pushed past him and began walking. A small appeared on his lips.

He'd rather have a pissed-off Hanuel than a moping one.

- - - - -

The rest of the week went by rather normally and before anybody knew it, it was already Saturday. Hanuel was off in dreamland when she felt her dream world crash.

It was like an earthquake in her dream and she furrowed her eyebrows in distaste as she squirmed around.

Then her eyes widened because she realized somebody was shaking her body in real life. Rather violently. She turned to the side and she saw Minjung sitting there.

“Wake up, you lazy girl! We have to get ready now. It's already twelve in the afternoon, you lazybutt!” Minjung shouted. Hanuel groggily sat up, “Who let you in?”

“Your mom, and she wanted me to tell you she left for work. Now wake up!” She practically pushed Hanuel out of bed, causing her to almost trip. She turned around and glared at her friend who innocently tilted her head, “What?” Hanuel groaned as she walked into her washroom.

She came back out to see Minjung bringing out all her make-up supplies. She raised an eyebrow and walked over. Minjung looked up and grinned, “There, we finally have some girl time. Aren't you excited?” Hanuel nodded extra slowly, as if being sarcastic. Minjung raised an eyebrow, “Yah.” Hanuel chuckled and waved her hand dismissively, “I'm kidding. So what are we going to do?”

“Do girls usually do masks first or their hair?” Minjung mumbled as she looked between her curler and her packaged masks.

Hanuel rolled her eyes as she lay back onto her bed, “Tell me when you've screwed your head back on straight.”

- - - - -

Hanuel and Minjung were both sitting in Mingjung's family car, on their way to the semi-formal banquet hall. They were both dressed up, and had their hair and make-up done at this point.


The time read 7:47pm.

The official semi-formal started at 8:00pm.

Once they reached the parking lot, her dad pulled in and found a spot to park. He turned around, “Give me a call when this ends, and I'll come back to pick you girls up.” Minjung nodded, “Thanks, dad!” Hanuel ducked her head in respect, “Thank you!”

They got out of the car and closed the door behind them. They waved and waited until the car drove out. Minjung turned to Hanuel, “Aren't you excited?” Hanuel shrugged, “Sort of?”

“Because Jungkook's your date?” Minjung teased.

“Definitely not.”

They walked inside the building, and immediately they saw the two doors wide open to the dimly light room. Minjung gasped at the beautiful chandelier hanging down from the ceiling.

“Wow, the school really outdid themselves with this one.” Hanuel whispered in awe. Minjung nodded in agreement and hooked her arm through hers before walking in. Right when they walked in, Minjung spotted Zelo.

Well that's because he was so tall.

He stood out anywhere.

Zelo looked up, and his eyes rounded when he saw his date. He excused himself from his group of friends and walked over. He bent down lightly in front of Minjung and held out his hand. He looked up at her, “You're finally here. You look really pretty.” Minjung smiled, “Thank you, Zelo.” He chuckled, “Dance with me?” Minjung bit her lip in happiness as she slipped her hand into his. She turned back to Hanuel who mouthed 'wow, thanks for ditching'. Minjung chuckled, knowing her friend was joking. She walked with Zelo deeper into the room.

Now, Hanuel was left all alone. She walked over to the refreshments table so she could pour herself a drink. She sipped on her juice as she looked around.

Where was her date?

She threw the cup away and turned around. She made a little 'oof' sound when she bumped into somebody. She immediately ducked her head and bowed in apology.

“I'll forgive you because you look so beautiful tonight.” The voice whispered. Her eyes widened in recognition as she looked up. J-Hope smirked, “You thought I was Jungkook, didn't you?” She chuckled, “Only he would say such bone-chilling things.” J-Hope nodded in agreement, “I think I felt shivers go through my body.”

He was wearing a white dress shirt with a black tie- along with a vest. His hair was styled up, and in short, he looked handsome.

“Well, I'm going to find my date. Catch you later, Hanuel.” He waved. She smiled and waved back as he walked through the crowd. She looked around once more and she saw a group of guys walk in through the doors.

Jungkook looked up and his eyes flickered over to Hanuel who was staring back at him. For some reason, she felt nervous all of a sudden. She wanted to hide and duck, but he had already seen her.

His mouth parted slightly at the sight of her.

She looked absolutely breath-taking in her black dress with black heels. Along with her hair, which she had curled delicately.

V and Jimin seemed to have got the hint as they gave their friend a clasp on the shoulder before disappearing. Jungkook took a breath and walked over to her.

“Hey.” He greeted. She nodded, “Hi.” She looked down at this outfit and noticed he looked a lot different tonight.

Jungkook was wearing a black dress shirt with a white tie. He had his shirt tucked in and was wearing black dress pants, accessorized with a black belt.

He looked more mature?

More handsome?

 

But no way would she ever tell him that.

He looked at her, “You know, you look really different tonight.” She raised an eyebrow, “Is that supposed to be a compliment?” He smirked, “Who knows?” She huffed, “Seriously, you're such a jerk.” Jungkook chuckled before holding out his hand. She blinked in confusion, “What?” He rolled his eyes as he grabbed her hand and put it into his before walking her to the dance floor.

The DJ changed the music to a softer and slowed pace-one. He leaned down beside her ear and whispered,

“Hanuel, will you dance with me?”


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004

Yipee! Finished the chapter x) 

I'm starting to write the next one as well ;) Nyahaha. 

Thank you guys so much for commenting! <3 I read them all :x And then spazz over them, lololol. Jokes. c: 

Thank you for the votes akdjshkajdsa. T_T Also, to all you new subscribers: THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING ;-; I'm so happy. I gained like 10+ last chapter and I was so surprised when I checked cause I thought the new subbies were for my other stories or something LOL

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! <3 

You guys will definitely like the next one >:3


↑ maybe. probably. hopefully. lolol, probably. x)