A Trip

Next Stop, Insanity

Can you believe it!? It's summer! And when we start school in September, we'll finally be seniors, oh my god. I'm so happy!”

Hanuel chuckled at Minjung's enthusiastic tone, “Yeah. I can finally relax. The cafe I'm working at is closed for the summer, since Zelo's family is on vacation to Japan, or so I heard.”

“Aw, he went to Japan? So he won't be attending dance classes.”

“You still like him?”

“Nah, I think it was just infatuation, you know?”

“Seriously?”

“Hah! Well, I'll talk to you later, Hanuel! I'm going to visit my grandparents in the countryside. Bye!”

“Alright, have fun, Minjung.”

Hanuel ended the call and pouted at her phone. She put it back down and lay onto her bed.

It was so early, and she didn't even have any plans for the day.

Summer .

And this was the reason why.

“Hanuel!” She heard her mother called. Her ears perked up and she walked out of her room. She poked her head into the kitchen, “Yes, mother?”

“How about we go on a family trip today, yeah? Your dad got a week's leave off work, and I can close up my shop.” Her mother smiled. Hanuel brightened, “Really? Where are we going?”

“How does a beach pension in Jeju sound?”

“That's awesome!” Hanuel gasped. “I'll get packing right away.”

“We'll be leaving around 11am when your father gets back. He went back to his office to organize a few things before his leave.” Her mother explained. Hanuel nodded as she practically bounced back to her room.

“But wait, honey!”

Hanuel halted in the middle of the hallway and turned around with a wide grin, “Yes?”

“The Jeon's are coming along too!”

Her face fell, “Eh!?”

- - - - -

“Oppa! Did you hear? We're going to the beach with unnie! Yay!” Junghwa giggled as she bounced on his bed. Jungkook raised an eyebrow at his sister while he packed up his swim trunks, “Stop jumping on my bed. And are you really that glad?”

Junghwa obediently plopped down into a criss-cross position and she nodded her head eagerly, “Yes! We can eat together, play together, and live together!”

“Don't we do that already?”

“In the same house, oppa!” She frowned. He rolled his eyes, “Yeah, yeah, I get it. You should go pack up your stuff too. What if you forget your toys?” Her eyes widened, “Oh yeah!” She quickly scrambled off his bed and ran across the hall to her room. He chuckled.

He was happy as well.

More than happy actually.

He walked over to the picture frame on his desk and picked it up. It was the same picture that Hanuel had in her house. The same picture of their families. A soft smile came onto his lips and he gently put it back down.

He was hoping he could get another one beside it- of this year's trip.

He took his duffel bag and checked his room one last time before walking into the living room. His dad looked up, “Oh, are you all set?” He nodded, but then raised an eyebrow, “Who's taking care of the restaurant while we're gone?”

“I have a cousin of mine running it. He's also into restaurant business.” His father replied. Jungkook nodded, “I see. Are we taking a bus there?”

“We'll be taking a van, then a boat to the island.”

Jungkook nodded as he placed down his duffel bag. He was about to sit down and watch the television with his father for a bit until,

“Oppa! I need help!”

His father laughed, “To think you guys finally get along so well, despite the between you two.” Jungkook smiled and got up, “Yeah. All thanks to Hanuel.” He walked into his little sister's room to see her fussing around with her shirt. He walked over and helped her pull it over her head.

“It's going to be cold later on, so go get a long sleeved sweater and I'll help you put it on, okay?” Junghwa nodded at her brother's request and ran into her closet to pick out something. When she was happy with her choice, she came running back to him. He helped her pull her arms through the long sleeves. After doing so, he picked up her bag, the one that his mother had packed for her, and lifted her up.

“Let's go join daddy in the living room, huh?” She giggled and nodded happily. His mother was also packing all the dishes she made into a cooler box. She looked when the two siblings walked in.

“Ah, we should start bringing everything down to the parking lot. The van is probably already here.”

“Is someone driving for us?”

“Yes, there is. Now, sweetie, could you help your father bring down the luggage?” She smiled. Jungkook nodded as he placed his sister down, “You stay here with mom, alright?” Junghwa nodded and waved, “Bye bye oppa!”

Jungkook walked towards the door where his dad was already moving their one big suitcase out. He took hold of it,

“I'll bring this down for you, dad.”

- - - - -

Hanuel got into the elevator with another suitcase, the only one their family was bringing. She also had a big backpack slung over one shoulder. She pressed the button for the elevator to close when a hand shot out to keep it open. She looked up in surprise.

Jungkook grinned, “You were going to close it on me again weren't you?” Hanuel rolled her eyes, “I wouldn't have minded.” He pursed his lips into a pout as he rolled the suitcase inside, “That's rude of you, Hanuel.”

“Oh jeez.”

It was silent for the remainder of the time that they were in the elevator. When they arrived in the parking lot outside. He saw a giant black van, and recognized the license plate as the one his dad told him remember beforehand. He led Hanuel over and he tapped on the glass. The driver unlocked the door, allowing him to open up the trunk. He put his suitcase in, and was about to take Hanuel's but when he turned around- she had already thrown hers into the trunk.

He raised an eyebrow, “Won't even give me a chance to be gentleman?” She turned to him, “You were never one.” He rolled his eyes, “Uh huh.”

“Hey, did you kids get manage okay?”

Hanuel and Jungkook turned around to see their parents and Junghwa walking towards them with the rest of their bags. They helped them put it into the trunk while Junghwa and Mrs. Jeon got onto the car first. Jungkook ushered for the others to get on while he closed the door.

The driver looked up, “Is everyone ready to go?”

Mr. Jeon turned to him from the shotgun seat, “Yeah. We should be.” The driver nodded and started up the engine.

In the front two seats was the driver and Mr. Jeon. In the middle seats was Mrs. Jeon and Hanuel's mother. Her dad was sitting in a row behind them while the three kids sat in the back together.

With Junghwa in between them, of course.

“Yay! I'm so happy, unnie!” Junghwa laughed as she lay her head onto her arm. Hanuel softened and ruffled her hair, “Same here, Jungie.” Jungkook had his headphones in already, and was staring out the window.

Junghwa continued to ramble on and Hanuel did her best to reply. She glanced up to see Jungkook asleep and she softly smiled

She was actually looking forward to this.

Disregarding the fact that Jungkook would annoy her every chance he got. 

She wouldn't mind overlooking that.

For once.

- - - - -

“Kids, wake up! We need to get on the boat now.” Hanuel's mother called out. She smiled at the three sleeping faces. Mrs. Jeon also turned around and her eyes softened.

“How adorable.”

Mr. Jeon and Hanuel's dad rolled their eyes, “Oh, boy.” They got out of the van first.

Hanuel's mother took off her seat belt and turned around to wake Hanuel up. She opened her eyes and blinked, “Oh we're here?” Her mother and got out of the car. Hanuel turned to her side and shook Junghwa awake.

“Could you wake up your brother too?” Hanuel asked. Junghwa nodded and watched Hanuel get out as well. She turned to her brother and sleepily rubbed her eyes. She shook him,

“Cookie oppa. We're here.”

His eyes opened and he looked around. He took off his headphones and let her get out first. Jungkook stretched out his back once he got outside. Junghwa ran around to the parents who were unloading everything.

Hanuel squinted her eyes from the sun and she sighed when she realized she forgot to bring a hat. Jungkook looked up at her when he saw her walk to the side of the car that was blocking the sun and tilted his head.

Hanuel blinked when somebody put a hat onto her head. She turned around to see Jungkook moving the bangs out of her eyes. Her eyes widened as she pinked, “What are you doing?”

“Preventing you from sneezing every two seconds.”

“You're exaggerating.”

“I'm being a gentleman, see?”

She rolled her eyes, “How thoughtful of you, Jungkook.” She adjusted the cap and walked over to help her parents carry the bags as they waited on the dock with a few other families. They conversed with each other, and when the boat came cruising in, they stopped to watch it anchor itself.

“Wha, the boat's really big.” Junghwa whispered in awe. Hanuel chuckled, “It's big, huh?” Junghwa nodded, “I want to be as tall as unnie one day, so I don't have to feel small.”

“She's not even that tall.” Jungkook commented. Hanuel punched his arm and he winced. She turned back to Junghwa and smiled, “I'm sure you'll grow up pretty and tall, Jungie. Don't worry.”

“Just like unnie?”

Hanuel blinked at first, but then laughed, “Sure.”

The attendants on board helped them get on the ramp and into the boat. Hanuel was amazed with the interior. It looked so beautiful.

“Junghwa, you're going to have to sit with mom and dad. You might get seasick.” Mrs. Jeon waved her over. Junghwa hung her head low and reluctantly- but obediently- walked over to her mother.

Hanuel's mom and dad were already in the double seats on one side while the three others were in the middle. She raised an eyebrow, “Don't tell me-”

“You're sitting with me.” Jungkook grinned as he pointed to the seats on the other side. She groaned, “Mom, can we switch seats?”

“Just sit down, honey. The boat's starting.”


Hanuel frowned but complied anyway. Jungkook let her have the window seat as he sat on the outside.

“Aren't you excited?” Jungkook asked. Hanuel turned to him, “I guess. I like beach.” Jungkook nodded, “Same.”

After a while, Hanuel's eyes started to droop again and before she knew it- she was fast asleep with her head against the window. Jungkook looked up from his phone when he noticed her head kept bobbing up and down. He stole a glance at the parents before back at her.

They wouldn't kill him if he let her sleep on his shoulder right?

He thanked the heavens that Hanuel's father was on the farthest seat possible away from him.

He gently moved her head so that it was against his shoulder and he smiled in content.

Yup, this trip was going to be a whole lot of fun.

He could tell.

- - - - -

“Thank you.” Mr. Jeon paid the taxi driver while the others walked up the hill to their pension.

“It's lovely.” Hanuel's mom complimented. Mrs. Jeon nodded in agreement, “It looks wonderful.”

“Of course it's wonderful. It came out of our wallets.” Mrs. Jeon commented. Hanuel's dad chuckled and slung an arm around his shoulder as they walked ahead. Mrs. Jeon furrowed her eyebrows,

“Oh shut it, you cheapskate.”

Hanuel and Jungkook smiled at the parent's bickering, finding it highly amusing.

Junghwa looked in between them in a confused manner. The parents reminded her a lot of Jungkook and Hanuel.

Didn't they?

It ran in the family, probably.

She then looked up at Jungkook and Hanuel who were walking beside her. She took their hands and ran forward.

Jungkook blinked in surprise when his sister tugged on him and Hanuel nearly tripped.

“Yay! We're here together!” Junghwa shouted as she ran up to her father. They walked up the yard and Hanuel's father opened up the house with a key.

Jaws dropped when they walked inside.

It looked just like those houses they say in all those North American movies.

Well, without a basement though.

“Wow.” Jungkook whispered. Junghwa let go of his hand and walked to her mother who was already going into the kitchen. The two fathers explored the other rooms.

“I'll go check out the bedrooms.” Hanuel said as she walked up the stairs. Jungkook followed after her. She walked down the hall when she saw two rooms. She opened them up, revealing two beds in each.

“Huh, so the families will have their own rooms.” She said as she walked into one of them. Jungkook leaned against the door frame, “That .” Hanuel blinked, “Why's that?”

“We can't have our own romantic time?”

She whirled around, “Who would want that?” He pushed himself off the wall and walked towards her, causing her to step back. He leaned down, “Wouldn't you want to cuddle up to me at night?” Her eyes widened as she quickly stepped out of his reach,

“Aw hell no.”

“How about long romantic walks along the beach?”

“Walk alone.” She muttered as she walked out.

“Then does a kiss under the moonlight sound like a good idea?”

“Jungkook, stop it!”

musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004

I realized I always update my chapters around midnight -.- Lalala, ruining my sleeping schedule for you guys, LOL. jokes x)

Also, I know absolutely nothing about beach pensions in Jeju :s So, my apologies in advance if anything's wrong -.-

Thank you guys for commenting! ^^ It meants a lot. Also, thanks for subscribing and upvoting~ 

I hope you guys like the chapter! :3

side note: omg but did you guys hear EXO's Lucky and XOXO? /dies/ ;~; and bap's coming back tomorrow- north american time at least. <3