First

*ExoTaeng OneShots & Short Ongoings*

I was supposed to update this story like two days ago.

But, the story was deleted from my lappy  accidentally.

Sorry, and enjoy the oneshot! :)


First

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiNv4tECbbrf1jgNmdKH_

Byun Baekhyun

One week!

Please consider me carefully.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgimiv_jQRlLyLlAhtVOF

Kim Taeyeon

Even though it’s just this much,

I feel like I need to say it!

 

“Could you please move a little more to the left, Yul? Tao-ssi, don’t be shy. Get closer to Yuri. We’re just taking a photo of the basketball captains. Not a couple photo.” Taeyeon instructed the two persons who was getting all giddy and red as tomatoes in front of her.

 

“Yah! Stop saying something misleading!” Yuri threw her towel that was lingering on her neck towards Taeyeon. She evaded the towel attack with a giggle echoed, causing Tao and Yuri to be more flustered than before.

 

“Am not. Just get closer okay.”

 

“Yul… Urm… Let’s just get this over with.” Tao said with his face tilted down. “You know how noona is. She’s a bit fussy when it comes to her photo-shoot.”

 

“Ah… You’re… right. Deh…” Yuri moved to her left while Tao get closer to her. Both of them were awkward with each other since ever.

 

Taeyeon curved a smile on her face. Aigoo, this two, hopefully after this photo-shoot, they’ll throw away their awkwardness and just be a couple for real. As a member of the college’s bulletin, I know how to find interesting scoops and analyzing people’s real emotion. Tao, the exchange student from China really likes Yuri, the tomboyish girl but he’s just too chickened to admit it. Yuri despite her not so girlish appearance, she’s still a girl at heart. It’s so obvious that she likes Tao too. Why can’t they just confess to each other?

 

Click! The sound of the shutter was heard. “Okay peeps! It’s a wrap up.”

 

“Thank you, Taeyeon-ssi.” Tao said.

 

“Make sure you use the most awesome picture of us. If not, you’re gonna get it from me okay, Taeng unnie.” Yuri plastered a threatening expression on her face.

 

“Ara… Ara… I will. Congrats on getting to the final, Yul, Tao-ssi. Hwaiting! I’m waiting to interview you guys when you win the championship later.”

 

“Deh… Thank you for the support, Taeyeon-ssi.” Tao nudged Yuri’s shoulder. “Come on, tomboy. We’ve a practice to attend.”

 

Hearing the word tomboy made Yuri smacked Tao hard on his back. “Yah! I can accept anyone else calling me that, but not you!” She gave a death glare towards Tao causing him to gulp.

 

“I’m off now. Don’t want to be the witness when you get killed by Yul, Tao-ssi.” Taeyeon flashed a smile. “Oh, I hope you’ll still be alive after this. Bye.” She winked before she left the two soon-to-be couple arguing like little kids alone.

 

*

 

“Wah, Yoona is so enchanting even if she’s drenching in sweat because of lacrosse. Need to snap this!” Taeyeon quickly took out her camera and captured the photo of the college’s sweetheart, Im Yoona.

 

Hhhhmm… Not bad. The glistening of sweat is really pretty. She thought to herself as she made her way to the college’s building.

 

Haish… I really want my own DSLR camera. The one I’m using now is borrowed from the college. I guessed I shouldn’t stop taking personal request for individual photos. I would get paid a lot for that.

 

Ani… She shook her head. But, it’s troublesome truth been told especially, when the girls asked me to take pictures of the student council members. Don’t they know the student council members can get me kick out of the college for breaching their so called ‘privacy’? Those 6 kingkas really have prince’s syndrome. They’ll be the death of me if I continue to take request from the girls for their photos.

 

*

 

“Lalalalala…” She hummed to herself as she gleefully walked at the corridor. Her steps stopped mid-way when she saw two figures standing near the windows.

 

Daebak! Another great scoop! This could sell a lot! Taeyeon-ah, you can never slack off when it comes to finding news footage. She took out her DSLR and aimed it directly towards Xi Luhan, the captain of the soccer team and Seo Joohyun, the secretary of the Music and Drama club.

 

Wah!!! Luhan is flirting with Seohyun. This is definitely worth capturing. Could it be that Luhan has broken up with Tiffany Hwang? I’ll just take some shots for evidence first.

 

Click! Click! Click!

 

“Taeng….” This voice and that gooey jelly sickening tone… Don’t tell me it’s him? Argh! Crap! She glanced to her side and saw Byun Baekhyun standing not too far away from her. I’m doomed!

 

“What is it, Baekhyun-ssi?”

 

“What are you doing?” Again, aegyo tone. Chincha! Can’t he stop speaking like that to me and just used his normal tone?

 

“Urm… Nothing… Really…” Taeyeon said as she tried to hide her DSLR from Baekhyun.

 

But of course Baekhyun already saw what she was doing. Kim Taeyeon, don’t you think that it’s a little too late to cover your act from me? Baekhyun twitched a knowing smile on his lips. “Still invading people’s privacy? Weren’t you going to stop that?” Eyebrows jerked.

 

“Don’t accuse me like that okay. It’s a scoop for the college’s bulletin. And besides, everyone loves dating gossip.”

 

“I guess they probably have the same curiosity level as you do then?” Sarcasm hinted.

 

“Eh??? Ani… isn’t it a good thing? Everyone is interested in topics of dating…”

 

“Dating huh?” Baekhyun scoffed. “About that… You haven’t answered my confession yet. I’d really like to hear it now.”

 

Confession? Oh crap! Taeyeon was numbed, paralyzed on the spot. How could I forgot about his confession? Oh, no!!!

 

Taeyeon turned around and as fast as she can, dashed away from Baekhyun. “See, you later Baekhyun-ssi. I’m busy right now.” She yelled without even looking back at Baekhyun.

 

“Hey….” Baekhyun tried to call out to her but to no avail.

 

Kim Taeyeon, when will you accept my feeling? You’re too busy with other people’s love life till you don’t even have time to think about your own. Why on earth did I fall for you actually? Haish…. Byun Baekhun, seriously, you’re pabo!

 

*

 

“Sunny-ah… what should I do? Even since Baekhyun-ssi confessed to me, I’ve been avoiding him like crazy. It’s tiring me out.” Taeyeon slumped herself on the chair. She put her chin on the table with a troublesome face plastered.

 

“Yah! You haven’t replied to him? How cruel.” Sunny took a sip of her Coke. It’s May but still the sun is blazing hot! I’ll die of hydration when July comes.

 

“Because, Sunny Bunny, it’s Byun Baekhyun! It’s Byun Baekhyun that we’re talking about! Not some ordinary guy.” She let out a sigh.

 

“I know it’s Byun Baekhyun that we’re talking about. He’s not an alien. So why is it so hard for you to give an answer to him?” Sunny put down her Coke and sat in front of Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, disbelief with Sunny’s words. “Oh, come on, Sunny! He’s the member of the student council who’s the center of attraction! And he’s flawless when it comes to girls! Not to mention there are so many people, boys and girls, ask me for his pictures.” She rummaged her hair with her hands, spoiling her messy bun.

 

“For crying out loud, I just started to know him, but then he suddenly confessed to me! I meant what the hell, right?! Of course I’m surprised!”

 

“Have you heard about it takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone and a day to love someone? Maybe, that’s what happened between Baekhyun and you.”

 

“You forget the part where it takes a lifetime to forget someone.”

 

Sunny scoffed. “So what? I meant it’s your chance to find a boyfriend. If I were you, I’ll say yes. He’s a great catch you know.”

 

“Nahhhh… Great catch? Perhaps, you’re right. But imagine this. I stood for like three seconds before running away after he confessed to me.”

 

Flashback~

 

“I like you. Can I be your boyfriend?”

 

Dumbfounded. Flabbergasted. Jaws dropped. Oh, what in bloody mess name did he just blurt out from his mouth?

 

“I’m serious.” Baekhyun curved a smile on his face.

 

“Eh???” Gosh! I’m not ready for this kind of thing. Run Taeyeon! Run! “There’s something I have to do. Bye.” She sprinted away like she was taking part in the 100 m running competition, leaving Baekhyun behind.

 

The brighter than the sun, Lee Sunkyu aka Sunny dropped her jaws. “Why the hell did you do that for?”

 

“Err… although it’s nothing to be proud of, I… have never had a boyfriend.” Taeyeon replied with hesitation marked in her voice.

 

“That one I already know.”

 

“And for the love of gossips, if I were to date him, everything we do would be an exclusive news report! I would hate that!”

 

“You know what, Taeng, you’re being a drama queen. You’ve seen too many scandal reports. Do you want to be a journalist for gossip columns later on?”

 

“Heck no! I wanna be a photographer. But… I do like the love theme.” She sighed. “Honestly, even without all that, I’m not sure if I like Baekhyun-ssi or not.”

 

Silence.

 

“As friends, I didn’t really know him that well. To suddenly date him is something I can’t imagine myself doing… It’s just way too fast! I don’t know what to do! Help me SUNNY!”

 

Sunny let a laugh slipped from her lips. “Taeng, you’re so sensitive to other people’s affairs, yet you can’t even handle your own.”

 

“Huh????”

 

*

 

“Wahhh… Taeyeon noona is energetic as always. Baek hyung, she’s looking for you.” Oh Sehun, the youngest member of the student council said when he reached the student council room.

 

“Oh, why would she wants to see me?” Baekhyun stopped from reading his book.

 

“I don’t know. Just go and meet her yourself. She’s outside.” Sehun put down the pile of papers that he got from the advisor on the table.

 *

 

“Taeng…. What is it?” Baekhyun greeted the love of his life with a smile on his face.

 

“Um… about that thing earlier…”

 

“Yes…”

 

“Please give me some time to consider!”

 

“Andwaeee!” Baekhyun said playfully.

 

“Andwae? Wei?” Curious tone.

 

“Hahaha… I’m just joking. But how much time are we talking about?”

 

“Eh… Um… A year?” She jerked her eyebrows.

 

“Bwoh? Are you joking me? Nope…” He burst out laughing. “How about this, Taeng… I’ll wait one week.”

 

“One week? Andwae! That’s too short.”

 

He crossed his arms together. Seriously this girl really tickled me with her act. One year? I might as well just graduate from the college without knowing what her answer is.

 

“It’s not that short actually. How long has it been since I confessed to you?”

 

“A month…”

 

“Right. I don’t want to wait any longer. So, please decide. One week! Please consider me carefully!” He gave her his ultimatum with an aegyo voice.

 

It’s not like he doesn’t want to wait for her. It’s not he wants to rush things between them. But, the pain and suffering of not knowing what her answer is really made him lost his sleep. He kept thinking what her answer is. He even crafted thousands of scenes inside his mind. But, imagination is not the same as reality. He needs to hear it from her own lips. Whether she’s going to accept him or not, he’ll accept and respect her decision.

 

“Yah! Stop talking to me like that! I hate it!”

 

“Eh… why?” Knowing face plastered. “Ah… is it because it’s your first time?”

 

Face reddened. ! How did he know? Just a fluke or he really knew from the very beginning?
 

“Yeah…” She admitted.

 

“So, why don’t you give it a try?”

 

“Okay then.”

 

“I’ll be waiting for your answer, Taeng.”

 

“Bye, Baekhyun-ssi.”

 

*

 

“Yo, Baekkie, how was it?” Kim Junmyeon also known as Suho, the president of the student council asked when he saw Baekhyun entered the room.

 

“Nothing… I’m not very good at waiting, am I?”

 

“Obviously. You can be too impatient sometimes.” Kim Jongin or Kai in short, the treasurer said while opening the wrapper of his burger.

 

Meanwhile Suho was arguing with Do Kyungsoo, preferably called by the name D.O. the vice president of the student council.

 

“What is this Kyung omma?” Suho shouted in frantic as his orbs feasted with the pile of paperwork that Sehun brought before hand.

 

“Your work, Suho appa.”

 

“Kyaaa! No way! I’m going home!”

 

“Yah, hyung! Don’t you dare skip your work and threw them all to our face.” Baby Channie/ Park Chanyeol, the secretary, warned their president.  “Baekkie, help us out here!” He shouted but Baekhyun was lost in daze to even here the cry out for help from Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun stared outside the window, he was in daze. One week huh? Will I have my answer by that time?

 

*

 

Baekhyun-ssi must be looking forward to my answer, isn’t he? It’s already been so long. What should I tell him?

 

What? Kris Wu is kissing Jessica Jung and being lovey dovey? Oh, good scoop! ! I forgot my DSLR! She mentally smacked herself. But come to think of it…. It really is….

 

IMPOSSIBLE!

 

I can’t see myself getting all flirty like that with someone. I would absolutely die of embarrassment! If it’s like this, before the week is over, I’ll put this issue aside for now and concentrate on my jobs for the college’s bulletin.

 

Knock! Knock!

 

“Sooyoungie!!!” Taeyeon barged inside the room after she knocked the door like crazy.

 

“Sup, Taeng?” Choi Sooyoung, the shiksin and the president of the college bulletin was munching her favorite cookies.

 

“I want to do an off campus interview.”

 

“Alright. There’s a book festival in Itaewon next week. Please do a cover story for that.”

 

“Really?! Then I’ll go right away to set up an interview with the organizer.”

 

“Then, I’ll leave it to you.”

 

“Yes! Count on me SY!” She gave a wonderful satisfying smile to Sooyoung. Yes! At least I could stop thinking about Baekhyun’s confession. Let’s get busy, Kim Taeyeon!

 

*

 

With the time flying by, perhaps the answer to Baekhyun’s confession will appear. Well, that is what Kim Taeyeon is hoping for but, be real shall we? An answer for this kind of matter won’t just pop up out of the blue.

 

“Good work everyone.” Taeyeon sighed heavily as she entered the college bulletin room. Her body was aching after she fell during her interview at the basketball tournament. Yuri and Tao managed to lead their teams to victory but hell; she was just too excited that she didn’t notice the slippery floor in front of her. She lost her footing and fell flat on the floor.

 

“Yah, are you okay, Taeng? You’ve gotten more injuries lately.” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Ah… I’m fine SY. Don’t worry.” She put on her happy face. “For the sake of getting photos, I’m willing to go this far.”

 

“Wah…You’re more optimistic than usual.” Sooyoung complimented her.

 

“Well, of course she is. She’s avoiding something, Soo.” Sunny suddenly blurted out, causing Taeyeon to fluster.

 

“Avoiding what?” Sooyoung gave them her ‘I-don’t-understand’ look.

 

“Nothing… I’m going to go and interview Yuri and Tao now. Bye.” Taeyeon immediately vanished herself from Sunny and Sooyoung.

 

“What’s with her?” Sooyoung looked at Sunny’s face for some answer.

 

“Well…”

 

*

 

Although I’m being more positive than usual, I haven’t been able to take good photos lately. I can’t even concentrate and I’m being clumsy.

 

Oh, ! It’s Baekhyun! Without taking much, Taeyeon hid behind the lockers when she saw Baekhyun’s figure.

 

“Thank you Suzy. You really helped me out.”

 

“Oh, don’t mention it, Baekhyun. It’s nothing really.”

 

Taeyeon tried to snoop whatever she might hear from Baekhyun’s and Suzy’s conversation. From the corner of the locker, she rooted her orbs to the two people who was laughing cheerfully.

 

Ah, did they go shopping together? I also helped him before… Well, it wasn’t so much ‘helping’ as I was carrying stuff for him. But geez! I would have helped him if he asked me.

 

“It’s boring if I go shopping by myself. Lucky to have you, Suzy.”

 

Suzy let out a chuckle. “Aigoo… I understand. You don’t need to sugar coat your words, Baekhyun.”

 

Yah! How dare he flirt with her! But… speaking of which, Baekhyun is that kind of person. He’s always surrounded by girls, pretty girls to be exact. Like Bae Suzy.

 

That’s why it’s hard to picture myself dating him. I’m not pretty, and I’m always wearing sport wears. I don’t even wear makeup. Heck! As of now, I even have a bandage on my face due to the scratch I got when I went to that jungle tracking competition two days ago.

 

I guessed my estimation is wrong then. Byun Baekhyun doesn’t suit me at all. He suits a pretty girl like Suzy. Taeyeon grabbed her DSLR and zoomed it to those two people who were walking side by side.

 

I knew it! They look good together. 

 

Click! Unknown to Taeyeon, Baekhyun already noticed that Taeyeon was keeping an eye on him and Suzy. He purposely acted to flirt with Suzy to see her reaction. When he noticed that Taeyeon was focusing her DSLR towards him and Suzy, he posed for the picture with a peace sign and a smile.

 

Click!

 

Dang it! I pressed the shutter!

 

“Taeng, what are you doing?” Baekhyun left Suzy that was taking something out from her locker and made his way to Taeyeon.

 

“Ani.. Err… This is…” She stuttered bringing laughter to Baekhyun.

 

“You’re taking strange pictures again. You know I don’t like you taking pictures of me like this.”

 

“I know… But… I…” She scratched her locks, finding words to answer Baekhyun.

 

“Urm… I think, you two would make a great couple. Yeah, you and Suzy look perfect together.”

 

“Huh?” Eyebrows jerked. What kind of rubbish is she spouting straight to my face? “We just happened to meet up and…. Yah, what happened to your face?”

 

“You two look great together… So… “ Deep breath. Say it, Taeyeon. Say it. “I can’t go out with you.”

 

Baekhyun dropped his jaws. “But it hasn’t been a week yet…” Is this because of Suzy, Kim Taeyeon?

 

“That’s true. But I’ve already decided…”

 

“Then, look me in the eye and say it. Say it like you mean it.” Baekhyun said with a serious tone. Taeyeon tilted her head down, felt like it was locked.

 

What the hell, Kim Taeyeon? Giving me an answer like this? I can’t accept it. Nope!

 

“I’m saying that I’m sorry. Bye!” Baekhyun let out a sigh. His eyes fixated to Taeyeon’s figure that was getting farther from him.

 

For the nth time, why did you keep running away from me when we entered this kind of conversation?

 

I guessed, I failed. She rejected me.

 

*

 

I did it! I replied! Although the momentum was a bit weak, but I’ve given him a reply. I said no! if it’s like this I’ll definitely be able to throw myself into the things I want to do without hesitation. And I’ll go back to my original self!

 

Well, that was what Kim Taeyeon thought of after she had given Byun Baekhyun a reply. But things weren’t going as what she had hoped for.

 

“Hhhmmm… it’s a so so article. Not too much excitement. You need to write it more with passion, Taeng.” Sooyoung said after she read through the article written by Taeyeon.

 

“I don’t have a talent for writing. You know I in it, SY. You should have asked Sunny to write it.” Taeyeon sighed.

 

“Developing your writing skills is also an important aspect if you wanna dive into the journalism world Taeng. Plus, there are a lot of spelling mistakes too. I thought that you’re more attentive than this.” Taeyeon sensed a disappointment tone in Sooyoung’s voice.

 

“Okay. I’ll rewrite it.”

 

Although I said that I would go back to my original self, I can’t seem to go back there completely.

 

*

 

“Arghh!! The rooftop is the best! Especially after being stuck in that stuffy office all day!” Taeyeon stretched out her arms.

 

“Okay! Let’s get started now. If it’s here, then no one will disturb me. I can concentrate!” She laid out a piece of cloth and lied down on it. Her laptop was switched on and she began to rewrite back the article that Sooyoung had complaint.

 

“Look, there’s a spelling mistake here.” A finger suddenly pointed to the laptop screen.

 

“Yeah, you’re right. Thanks.” Eh… who’s here with me? She raised her face and saw Baekhyun was kneeling in front of her.

 

“Hi… what a coincidence.” A warm smile played on Baekhyun’s lips.

 

“Baekhyun-ssi…” She stuttered. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Skipping class! If I’m at the student council office, Suho will bug me and swamp me with work.”

 

“Is… That… So…” Gosh! This is so awkward. What should I do? I want to run away but why on earth did my legs felt like they are turning into jelly at this moment?

 


No! Have to run away! Must run away! She gathered all of her strength, grabbed her laptop and tried to dash away. Seeing her action, Baekhyun grasped a hold of her arm, stopping her from fleeing the scene.

 

“Let’s have a chat.” He said.

 

“Huh? Chat?” Taeyeon gave him a flabbergasted look.

 

“Taeng, you’re writing a news article huh?” He read the paper that Taeyeon left on the floor.

 

“Ah, yes… I only write occasionally though. Mostly because Sooyoung forced me to do it.” Thank god he’s not talking about the confession! What a relief!

 

“Then, were you the one who wrote the sport fest article?”

 

“Wah! You’ve read it!” Taeyeon put on her happy excited face.

 

“Yeah, it was really passionate. Especially about Tao and Yuri leading the team to victory.”

 

“Gosh, you don’t know how hard I tried to take pictures when Tao was in action. He practically oozed with adrenaline. When I was following him, trying to take pictures, he was dribbling the ball so fast that I couldn’t even catch up.”

 

Baekhyun curved a smile on his face. At least we can still talk like normal. The awkwardness finally disappeared.

 

“The photos that weren’t published were nice too. Wanna see?”

 

“Deh… Show me.” Baekhyun nodded. Taeyeon opened her laptop and searched for the folder containing the pictures during the sport festival.

 

“You’re so energetic, Taeng.”

 

“Of course I am. I really do like taking pictures. My dream is to travel all around the world and take lots and lots of pictures! I want to meet lots of people and experience many things.”

 

Seeing that smile of yours is really a blessing, Kim Taeyeon. Baekhyun’s heart was pounding faster but he tried to get a hold of himself. He didn’t want to destroy the moment that they were having now.

 

“Oh, sorry. I was blabbing things. I’m sure you’re not interested to know.”

 

He shook his head. “Ani… that’s not the case. It’s good to be like you, Taeng, for instance, when it comes to the things that you like, you always give it your all.” He threw his gaze to the sky, stayed silence for a moment.

 

“Although, I’m also starting to look forward to a few things, I’ve never been truly focused on anything.” He turned his orbs to Taeyeon. “Here.” He threw a bottle of water to her.

 

“What’s this?” Eyebrows jerked.

 

“A consolation product.”

 

“Err… thanks… But why?”

 

“When I was coming up here, I figured that you must be tired from flying up the stairs two steps at a time like that.”  

 

“Ah… that makes sense.”

 

Baekhyun stood up on his feet. “Well, I’m leaving. If I don’t go, I might bug you and waste your time.”

 

“Okay.” Phew! At last, he is going!

 

“Hey, you just sighed in relief, don’t you?”

 

Erk! Did he notice? Aigooo! “No… I didn’t even think of doing that.” She quickly denied.

 

“Because I will get hurt again.” Cool expression wore on his face before he made his way down from the rooftop.

 

Hearing Baekhyun’s final words made Taeyeon’s mind wandered off. Right, Baekhyun used to like Tiffany but she chose Xi Luhan over him. He had his heart broken. Despite all that, he still had the courage to confess to someone once again. He’s so brave. But, he did change his mind pretty fast. From liking Tiffany Hwang to liking me, that’s just mind blowing.

 

Well, whatever! That doesn’t matter. But talking to him is a lot of fun. She threw her gaze at the drinks that he left her with. And even though he likes to tease me sometimes, Byun Baekhyun is still very kind after all.

 

But, if we’re talking about dating, is something like that really okay? The feeling I get with him is simply that of a friend.

 

“It’s good to be like you, Taeng…”

 

Is it really okay, if it’s me?

 

She took out her phone from her pocket. Tomorrow marks one week…

 

I guess I was really stupid after all. Sunny was right. I am avoiding things. I’m sorry Baekhyun. I don’t have the confidence.

 

So, I have decided! I’ll answer you again!

 

*

 

Baekhyun reread the text message for the umpteenth time.

 

“I have something to tell you. Wait for me at the student council room at 4pm – Taeyeon.”

 

He felt like butterflies were flying crazily inside his stomach. What in the world does she wants to tell me? Is she going to reject me once again?

 

“Ah, my stomach hurts.” He blurted out causing D.O. that was walking with a pile of papers stopped halfway.

 

“Yah, I’m the one who’s always in pain since no one ever helps me. And you, Kim Jongin! Stop eating and help me out with the account!” D.O. slammed all the paper in front of Kai.

 

“Don’t want to! I want to eat. Go away. Or bug Suho hyung! He’s been sleeping like forever.” Kai motioned D.O with the corner of his eyes toward Suho that was sleeping soundly on the sofa.

 

“Baekhyun-ssi. Sorry to make you wait.” Taeyeon suddenly appeared, she was out of breath.

 

*

 

Rooftop.

 

“I wanted to give you a proper answer.”

 

“Okay. Go ahead.” Baekhyun said as he brought both of his hands up and covered his ears.

 

“Yah! Why are you covering your ears? I’m having such a hard time already!” Taeyeon exploded. This guy really is hitting my nerve. He said he wanted a proper answer and here I am ready to give him one, and he dared to cover his ears? What the hell Byun Baekhyun? What the hell?

 

“It looks like my love will not be returned.” Baekhyun said monotonously which brought Taeyeon to a dumbfounded state.

 

“No! Put down your arms! You have to listen carefully!” She grabbed his hands and dragged them down. She was holding his hands as tightly as she could, avoiding Baekhyun to cover his ears once again.

 

Wah… she’s really strong. Baekhyun thought to himself.

 

“Baekhyun, although you tease me and suddenly pop out of nowhere, you are kind and unexpectedly innocent. And… and… I think it’s really cute.”

 

“Cute? Yah! Are you perhaps mocking me?” He jerked his eyebrows. Cute? Me? Byun Baekhyun is cute? Can I just facepalm myself as in right now?

 

“It’s a compliment, damn it!” She retorted. “So, I don’t hate you, Baekhyun. It’s just that… I don’t have the confidence.”

 

Silence.

 

“I really don’t know what it means to date someone and I wouldn’t know how to act. I’m not pretty as Suzy and I’m not feminine as Tiffany. No matter how you look at it, I don’t match you at all. We’re heaven and earth! We’re worlds apart! It makes me really uneasy.”

 

Baekhyun was stunned. He didn’t know that she would think of herself like that.

 

“But I don’t want to run away anymore. Even though it’s just this much, I feel like I need to say it. I think…” Paused… “I think I like you!” There, she said it!

 

Baekhyun can’t help but to laugh at her confession. This girl is so amusing. “Taeng, seriously you’re an idiot.”

 

“Idiot?!”

 

“Yeah. And I can’t believe this. I can’t seem to stomach it.” He was still giggling.

 

“Well… I just…” Taeyeon felt like her cheeks were burning. Oh, gosh! Did I just embarrass myself in front of him?

 

“Taeng, you’re great just the way you are. Have you listened to Bruno Mars’ Just the way you are?” He began to sing the chorus part of the song.

 

 When I see your face

There's not a thing that I would change

'Cause you're amazing

Just the way you are

 

“I love you for who you are. And there’s nothing about you that I want to change. I love you because you are you. You are not Tiffany Hwang and you are not Bae Suzy. You’re Kim Taeyeon.”

 

This time she felt her heart was beating faster. Faster than when she was running around trying to snap pictures of Tao in action at the basketball court. Her heart was chaotically racing because of Baekhyun’s words.

 

“You have decided haven’t you?”

 

“Yeah… I’ve decided.”

 

“Then…. Please take care of me, dear girlfriend.”

 

“Me too, boyfriend.”

 

And that was how Kim Taeyeon has gotten her first boyfriend.

 

THE END.

 


Oh, please suggest who you want next for the oneshot.

I won't promise that I'll update it ASAP but, just suggest the next pairing that you're hoping to read their story.

I'm not great of a writer to come up with an update ASAP. Sorry. 

Of course BaekYeon, LuTae and SeYeon are out from the list at this moment. Thanks :)