Wish

*ExoTaeng OneShots & Short Ongoings*

First and foremost, I'll say my sorry first if this story is not good enough for you.

If you like it, then hopefully, you'll tell me about it. If  you don't, then all the more reason to tell me.

My writing skill is going down the drain lately. =.='

 


 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZVqp-Ow67q88rDCXPVA0

Kim Taeyeon

Let’s just bet on that 30%.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvbENWKBm6UZoAJnrCu0C

Kim Jongdae

I had always liked you since a long time ago.

 


 

Senior year, Autumn.

 

The first time Kim Taeyeon ever noticed Kim Jongdae aka Chen more than just a friend. The feeling that was never there before began to bloom because of one simple conversation.

 

“What??? Are you kidding me?” The happy princess Choi Sooyoung dropped her jaws wide opened.

 

“See my face SY? Does it look like I’m kidding?” Taeyeon asked as she bit her Peppero.

 

Sooyoung shook her head. “Then why did you dump him?”

 

“Payback!”

 

“Payback?!” Kris Wu that was being the silent listener of the two girls finally jumped in into their conversation.

 

“Yup! That good for nothing Byun Bacon just wanna play with me. I’m just a fling that he intended to dump right from the beginning.” She punched her fist on the table, blood boiling hot just because of the thought of Byun Baekhyun.

 

“Bwahahahaha…” Kris burst out laughing in hysteric. “See! I’ve warned you before Taeng. But you didn’t want to listen to me and went straight ahead to confess to him. Karma sure is a b*tch to you.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes were fiery red, nostrils flaring as the words that came out from Kris Wu’s big fat mouth stabbed her heart like a sharp dagger.

 

“Well, Giant! Warn me harder next time.” She crossed her arms together. “That stupid Bacon is hitting my ego pretty badly. I should have beaten the crap out of him in revenge.” She mumbled those words as she snapped the Peppero into two, imagining that she was breaking Bacon’s bones in half.

 

“Seriously, Taeng, you’re a magnet for s. You always got tangled in bloody messy bad relationships. And this one fling with Baekhyun isn’t an exception.” Sooyoung shook her head, amazed with Taeyeon’s bad record with guys.

 

“Well, that’s because our Taeng can be so damn idiotic when it comes to her crushes. She always got blinded by their shabang shabang glowing effect. Right Chen?” Kris’s orbs rooted towards Chen that was busy reading his notes.

 

“I’m going to the library.” Thud! The sound of the chair being moved was heard as Chen stood up.

 

“Clearly he’s not interested in Taeng’s love life.”

 

“Well, of course. Why would he, Kris?” Sooyoung gave an ‘I-wanna-know-why’ look to Kris, urging the giant to zip his mouth tightly.

 

“Err… Nothing.”

 

“Yeah, right. Like I would believe you. I smell something fishy here.”

 

“Shikshin, just shut the hell up! Let’s drop this subject, shall we?!”

 

Kim Taeyeon, Choi Sooyoung and Kris Wu are close friend. They pretty much hang out with each other all the time since middle school. When high school life began to start, Kris met with Kim Jongdae or Chen in short and they got along well, earning him a spot as the trio’s new best buddy.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes were glued towards Chen that was walking out from their class. Frankly speaking, if it wasn’t because of Kris, she wouldn’t talk or even get to know who Kim Jongdae really is. He always keeps to himself and never shown any interest about other people.

 

*

 

Recess.

 

Taeyeon was walking down the hallway when she noticed that good for nothing Byun Bacon together with his clicks, Kai and Sehun were having a chit chat near the window. Heart filled with curiosity, she sneaked up on them and hid herself behind the corner, trying to hear whatever those jerks were saying.

 

“Ceh… She found out in the end. So fast! Not fun at all.” Kai gave his boredom look to Baekhyun.

 

“Hey, you’re the one who told me to just play with her. You didn’t set the time limit for it. So what the hell right? At least she got played.” Arrogantly, Baekhyun said as he snickered.

 

“Hyung, you’re so bad. I admire you.” Sehun’s words earned  him a pat on the back from Baekhyun.

 

Hearing those three little bastards blurted out rubbish from their big fat mouth enraged Taeyeon to the point of clenching her fists tightly together. You don’t really have to rub it in Byun Baekhyun! Urgh! Sugar coating stuff like that in front of Kai and Sehun! I was the one who dumped you. Not you who dump me you effing ting Bacon!

 

She was ready to walk straight towards the trio and throw a punch on Bacon’s face when Chen suddenly pulled out a scene that made her stopped halfway.

 

“Ouch!” Baekhyun grumbled in pain as he rubbed his head that was knocked by the window pane by Chen. “Watch it man!”

 

“Ah, my bad.” With an innocent look plastered on his face, Chen apologized. “It’s getting colder. Could I close the window?”

 

“Dude, you should’ve said that first before you hit me with the window.”

 

“Like I said my bad.” Like I really meant that Bacon!

 

“Whatever man.” Baekhyun and his two minions walked away from Chen after that. From the corner of the wall, Taeyeon who was watching the whole scene was stifling her laugh as hard as she can. Good job, Chen! Serve you right Bacon! That’s what you get for boasting around with that big fat mouth of yours.

 

Chen was eyeing Taeyeon with the corner of his eyes crooked a smile on his face when he noticed her reaction. Well, at least that dork could find her laughter again. It’s worth it hitting Baekhyun with the window after all. Kudos, Kim Jongdae!

 

*

Library.

 

The scene during the recess kept playing on Taeyeon’s mind like a loop. She couldn’t erase the scene from her mind. It wasn’t about Baekhyun got hit with the window pane that interests her. Instead, she was more puzzled about Kim Jongdae.

 

Did he do that on purpose? It’s weird though. We’re never really good friends. Both of us only speak with each other when Kris is around. Did he purposely seek revenge on Baekhyun for me?

 

The music book on her hand was brought to her chest. As she walked to find an empty spot to read her book, her orbs caught the sight of Chen. Speaking of the devil! There he is.

 

Unknown to her, her feet suddenly waltzed their way to where Chen was sitting. She pulled the chair and took a sit in front of him. Chen, upon hearing someone sat rose up his face. For a second, he was flabbergasted when he saw it was Kim Taeyeon, who was sitting in front of him.

 

“Chen…” With an awkward smile wore on her face, she started of the conversation. “What’s up? You’re studying?”

 

A simple nod from Chen.

 

“Wahhh, that’s admirable.”

 

Silence. What is she doing here? Sitting in front of me, starting a conversation? And what’s with that awkward smile? Chen tried to analyze the girl in front of him. He can’t think of a concrete reason on why suddenly Kim Taeyeon decided to be all friendly with him.

 

“You’re going on to the university?”

 

“Yes, I’m aiming for a recommendation for now.”

 

“Ah… Is that so?” Taeyeon bit her lips. What the hell am I doing here? ! This is a bloody mess! How on earth did I end up having a conversation with this guy?

 

Silence once again crept in between them. Both didn’t know what to say to each other. It was as if cats caught their tongues and their brains can’t think of a sentence to further prolonging their conversation.

 

Taeyeon flustered as she played with her fingers. Aigoo… The conversation suddenly died. What should I do? If only Kris Wu is here. Then this conversation wouldn’t be so damn freaking awkward.

 

“Urm… I really have no idea what to talk about with you… Or… Something like that.” She pulled the book and pretended to cover her face with it.

 

Ceh! How could she be so blunt with her words?! Chen creased his forehead.

 

“Well, that’s very frank of you.”

 

“Hahaha…. Just kidding, Chen.  I just thought maybe if I said that, it’d have a reverse effect and make it easier to talk with you.”

 

Seeing her face laughing, hearing her ajumma laugh echoed in his ears caused Chen to draw a smile on his face.

 

Wah! I never know that Chen could smile like that.

 

“You’re going to study music in Seoul Art right?”

 

“Yup. I’ve received an offer letter already after I won the singing competition last summer. So, I guess my luck is sealed perfectly. From the bottom of my heart, I’m sorry.”

 

“Why are you apologizing?”

 

“Well, it’s because I beat you in the competition. Duh…. If it wasn’t because of me, you won’t have to study this hard to get into university.”

 

“Are you boasting?” Chen jerked his eyebrows.

 

“Ani… Just stating the fact.” Smiley face. Hey, it’s pretty easy talking to Chen actually. I don’t need that Kris freaking Wu at all to speak to him.

 

“Hey, have you noticed that Kris got a new piercing?”

 

Chen nodded. “Of course I do. I practically went with him to the piercing shop.” He continued to scribble down some notes on his book.

 

“Maybe I should get one too.”

 

“Don’t!”

 

“Wei?!”

 

“Because it hurts like crazy.”

 

“How did you know? It wasn’t like you have your ears pierce or something.”

 

Chen put down his pen. His eyes fixated towards the girl in front of him. “You’ll know the pain when that Giant Kris turned into crybaby Kris and kept whining 24/7 for three long days straight to your face.”

 

“Gosh, did Kris do that?”  Taeyeon can’t help to laugh out loud. All set of eyes in the library turned to her causing her to shut with her left hand.

 

“Crap! I shouldn’t do that. I better get going now.” Taeyeon was too embarrassed to even stay for another second in the library.

 

Chen let out a light chuckle. “I guess you should.”

 

After bidding farewell to Chen, Taeyeon stood up and walked away from Chen. But halfway before reaching the exit, she turned back and went straight to Chen once again.

 

“Hey, Chen… do you prefer coffee or chocolate?”

 

Chen once again was taken by surprise with Taeyeon’s sudden question. He stayed silent for 2 second before coming back into his sense to give a reply to Taeyeon.

 

“Coffee…”

 

“That’s great.” Taeyeon opened her bag that she brought together with her and took out a can of coffee. “Thanks for earlier.”

 

She placed the can of coffee in front of Chen leading the guy in front of her to crease his forehead in confusion.

 

“Meaning?”

 

“The thing you did to Baekhyun during recess. I saw it. So… Thank you.”

 

“No biggie.” A smile from Chen. At least I got to see you smile and laugh. That’s more than enough for me, Kim Taeyeon.

 

*

 

The long walk back home was filled with the thought of Chen. Thank god he chose the coffee. If not, I can’t thank him right away for what he did for me. But come to think of it…. Somehow that made me feels nervous.

 

Crap! Why would I feel nervous? It’s just Kim Jongdae. It’s Kim Chen Chen that we’re talking about here?! Kim Taeyeon, did Baekhyun effect have mess up with your brain configuration?

 

*

 

The next morning….

 

“Tadaaa~” Taeyeon cheekily said as she flashed her new piercing to Chen.

 

Chen was irritated. “So you still got yourself pierced. After I’ve warned you about the pain? And so fast too.”

 

“You made such a big fuss about it yesterday. It stirred up my curiosity. So, I did it.”

 

“But surprisingly….” Chen’s hand went to touch the piercing at Taeyeon’s ears. His touch sent thousands of jolts to her body, numbing her in the process. “It really suits you.”

 

Hearing those words escaped from Chen’s mouth made Taeyeon dropped her jaws. Her heart was sent into a state of atrial fibrillation, her cheeks felt flushed as the whole blood in her circulation just rushed suddenly to her face.

 

What the hell is this?!

 

*

 

In the classroom, Taeyeon was in a daze. She can’t even concentrate to whatever Ms. Song was blabbing about in front of her. Her mind was spammed with the scene of her with Chen at the hallway.

 

“But surprisingly…. It suits you.”

 

Those words once again echoed inside her ears urging her to touch her piercing. The constant touch on the pierce caused the wound from the piercing to bleed once again. When Taeyeon finally switched off her dazing mode, she looked at her fingers. The sight of blood caught her by surprise leading her to yell out in pain.

 

“Ahhhhh!!!!!”

 

The whole class diverted their eyes towards the already crying Taeyeon upon hearing her shout. Chen quickly stood up from his place and went to her sit.

 

“Ms. Song, I’m taking her to the infirmary.” After receiving a nod from Ms. Song, Chen grabbed Taeyeon by the hand and motioned her to follow him to the infirmary.

 

*

 

Infirmary.

 

“Eh??? The nurse isn’t here.” He went inside the infirmary with their hand still locked together.

 

“Chen Chen… It’s bleeding.” Taeyeon sniffed even louder than before.

 

“It was because you were touching it too much.” He eyed with the corner of his eyes for her to sit on the chair.

 

“Huuuu…. It hurts.”

 

“Baby, don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened.” He sang a verse from EXO’s Baby Don’t Cry trying to comfort the crybaby. He took the first aid box inside the drawer and searched for the antiseptic. “Arghhh! Where in the world is the antiseptic?”

 

“It hurts, Chen chen. Do something.” Her tears were running down like raindrops.

 

“Haish… stay still. I’m doing the best that I can to ease your pain.” He placed a hand on her chin, trying to make her stay put before applying the antiseptic. But the touch seemed to send another different kind of sensation to Taeyeon’s heart.

 

“Stop!” She pulled her face away from Chen. “I’ll do it myself.”

 

“Ookay….” He gave the cotton with antiseptic to her. “I guess I came for nothing then.” He flashed a pouting face to her but Taeyeon was too immersed with her thought at that time to even notice it.

 

Badump! Badump! Badump!

 

Why am I being like this?! Why am I so conscious by his simple touch? This is the second time I’m having this kind of feeling because of him! I meant what on earth is happening to me?!

 

“Hey, Chen… You don’t have a girlfriend don’t you?”

 

“Nope. Why the sudden interest?”

 

“Well I don’t know. Maybe because you seem popular with the girls.” Paused for one second. “So, you don’t  date?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Why?”

 

“There’s no why. Let’s just drop this topic, okay.”

 

*

 

Why doesn’t he date? Is it because it will affect his studies? Until now, I never really took notice much of Kim Jongdae. The fact that he has a melodious voice and that his smile and touch could be so gentle… I just noticed them now.

 

*

 

“Eh? Chen will be receiving his exam result tomorrow?” How come I didn’t know that?

 

“Yup.”

 

“It’d be great if he pass.”

 

Kris chuckled lightly. “You don’t have to worry, Taeng. Chen is nothing like us.  He got an 80% chance of passing with flying colours.”

 

“Daebak! That’s brilliant.”

 

“Kinda… But…” Kris scratched his hair. “The fact that he’s going to the States is still sad, don’t you think?”

 

Taeyeon immediately stopped her steps. “The States? Bwoh???!”

 

“Yup. The university that he applied is in the States. That’s why he didn’t care much when he lost to you in the singing competition last time. He didn’t want the recommendation for Seoul Art. He’s aiming for another university.”

 

““Why?”

 

“There’s no why. Let’s just drop this topic, okay.”

 

So, that’s the way it is. That’s why he doesn’t date anyone. He’ll be leaving for States. Long relationship won’t work for him I guess.

 

“Hey, Taeng, let’s eat ramen here.”

 

“Oh… okay.”

 

No matter what you do Kim Taeyeon, don’t fall for Kim Chen Chen! NEVER!

 

*

 

Senior High, Winter.

 

The exams are coming. Kris, Sooyoung and the rest of the students were busy cramping their heads with the notes and stuff for the upcoming exams. Taeyeon and Chen were the only ones who escaped from the death torturing event as they already claimed spots in their respective universities.

 

Chen passed the entrance exams with flying color just as Kris has predicted. The fact just killed Taeyeon so much but she didn’t show it to anyone. Not even Sooyoung.

 

“Hey, SY. Let’s go on a blind date.” Taeyeon blurted out during self-study period.

 

Sooyoung dropped the notes from her hand. “Bwoh?! Are you kidding me? At a time like this?”

 

“Because there’s nothing interesting to do. So, come with me okay?????” She pulled out an aegyo act just to persuade Sooyoung to agree to her suggestion.

 

“Heck no! I need to study. Seoul Art isn’t going to come easy for me. Unlike you and Chen.”

 

“Aww…. SY…. Pleasee..” It would better to find somebody closer at home for me to love. It’s better to forget whatever I have inside my heart for Chen. Long distance relationship isn’t going to work for Kim Jongdae.

 

“Stop with the aegyo. Don’t think that I would ever fall for it even once. Go and bug Chen. The two of you can do crazy stuff together.” Sooyoung continued to read her notes, ignoring the displeasing Taeyeon.

 

“Seriously, that Taeng is the enemy of all exam students.” Kris gritted his teeth together, vexed with Taeyeon’s nonchalant when he and Sooyoung and the rest of her classmates were drowning themselves with notes. “Don’t you agree with me, Chen?”

 

Silence.

 

“Yo, Chen!”

 

Chen was zoning out. He can’t hear the frustration that was nagged out by Kris. Hearing the conversation that Sooyoung and Taeyeon had about going to the blind date really jumbled down his mind into topsy-turvy.

 

*

 

“Taeyeon-ssi, you don’t have a boyfriend?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“No way! If it were me, I won’t let a girl like you stay single.” The blind date that Taeyeon had begun to make a move on her. He positioned himself closer, inching nearer to Taeyeon.

 

“It’s true. I always get stuck with weird guys.” And that include you too, mister whatever your name is!

 

“Ahahha…. Is that so?”

 

And to think that this blind date is surely a jackpot for me. Haish…. How stupid can you be, Kim Taeyeon?!

 

“Ah… what a cute earring.” The blind date placed his hand on her ear, touching her earring.

 

Upon realizing his action, Taeyeon snapped. “Don’t touch it!” She shoved his hand away from her. The blind date was stunned. “Ah… I’m sorry. I should go now.”

 

Without wasting any second, Taeyeon grabbed her bag and dashed out from the karaoke room with the door slammed hard behind her.

 

“That’s what you get for touching her so easily. You’re so screwed man!”

 

*

 

The sound of her own self gasping for air echoed. She ran out as fast as she can after leaving the karaoke.

 

What am I doing? I shouldn’t snap just because he touched my earring. Seriously, I’m a big pabo!

 

“Hey, aren’t you supposed to be at the blind date?”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened, almost causing her eyeballs to drop out from her socket.

 

“Chen…”

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“Urm… I’m on my way to the blind date.”

 

“Oh… I see…”

 

“Well, then… Bye…”

 

As she planned to walk away from him, Chen stopped her mid-way. His left hand was grabbing her sleeves.

 

“Hey Chen… What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked as her eyes glued to Chen’s hand on her sleeves.

 

Silence… Kim Jongdae, what the hell are you doing? Why are you stopping her from going to her date? Wake up, Kim Jongdae! Let go!

 

“Nothing…” He let go off her sleeves and made his way away from her.

 

*

 

I can’t let it end like this. I just can’t.  Would it be alright if I tell him my feeling? Her eyes were staring at the world map on the coffee table. Since 4 hours ago, she began to hook her eyes on the map, trying to analyze the pros and cons if she were to confess to Chen about her true feeling.

 

USA and Korea, they’re so freaking far from each other. Will we be happy if he accepts my feeling and we’re a couple? Wouldn’t the distance between us become the biggest hurdle in our relationship?

 

This is the weather forecast for tomorrow. Among the places that are predicted to snow are Seoul, Busan, Jeonju….

 

The weather forecast that was aired on the TV made Taeyeon calculated the possibility of her success if she were to confess her feeling. 30% huh? If my chance of him accepting my confession is the same as the possibility of the snow falling down tomorrow, should I just go for it? But… it’s just 30%. The percentage is too slim.

 

Come to think of it, the chance of him passing the exam is 80%. The possibility of him choosing coffee over chocolate is 50%. Supposing that my chance to succeed is 30%, if I confess to him 10 times, 7 out of the confessions would indicate that I would be rejected.

 

But 3 out of 10 confessions would be the result of me succeeding in triumph to obtain his love. Should I just gamble with my luck?

 

Ring! Ring! Ring!

 

“Heyyo Chen… Let’s say that tomorrow is going to be snowing, then after school….”

 

Let’s just bet on that 30%. I won’t run away anymore. By hook or by crook, I’ll confess to him if tomorrow the snow falls.

 

*

 

“Let’s say that tomorrow is going to be snowing, then after school…. “

 

She hesitated to twist the door knob open. Will he be there? Will he be waiting?

 

“Come to the rooftop.”

 

Oh, what the hell, Kim Taeyeon! If you wanna gamble, you go big or you’d go home. Just open the door!

 

The door swung opened but to her sorrow, no one was there.

 

As expected, he’s not here. I lost the gamble. She walked to the railing and stood with her hands clenched tightly on it. Her face was drawn with sadness. Her heart was crushed into pieces. The tears welled up inside her orbs, just waiting for the right moment to come raining down.

 

“Ah…. Why the States?! Why? Why must I like him now?!” Heartbroken, she lost control of herself. The tears broke away from the dam, slowly gushing down her cheeks. Sobs raked her body as she cried her heart out.

 

“I had always liked you since a long time ago.”

 

Hearing that one melodious voice caused Taeyeon to turn her head around, trying to make sure if that person was the one that she was expecting with all her heart and soul to pop up at the rooftop.

 

“Woah! You! You’re here!” With shock clearly taken all over her, Taeyeon said in a stuttering matter.

 

Sweats were beading on Chen’s forehead as he forcefully plastered a nervous smile on his face. Kim Jongdae, just calm down! This is the moment that you’ve been waiting for! Get your together and just say whatever you have to say to her! Don’t leave things hanging! You’ll end up regretting it later.

 

Chen is here, Taeyeon! He’s here! Upon seeing Chen standing right before her eyes caused Taeyeon’s heartbeat and breathing to speed up faster than normal.   

 

“I had always liked you since a long time ago.”

 

Those words played like a loop inside her mind. She then came to realize that Chen already said the words that she always wanted to say since last autumn.

 

“Could you please say it again, Kim Jongdae?”

 

Chen was standing frozen solid. He wanted to say those words again to her but the words never did come out from his lips. He was in too deep with his nervousness.

 

“Chen….”

 

“Taeyeon….” They both called out at the same time. Before any one of them can even utter one word, the teeny weeny icy cold snow began falling down. Both of them rooted their eyes to the sky. The sky was filled with small whitish diamonds, raining down like they were giving the sign for Taeyeon and Chen to confess whatever feeling that they have to one another.

 

Tae Tae, if the snow falls, then everything will be alright. Just say those three words to him. You can do it!

 

Chen Chen, if the snow falls then have faith that she is the one for you. Don’t bottle up your feeling for her anymore. You’re leaving soon. Just let her know how you feel.

 

“Hey, Chen…”

 

“Hey, Taeyeon…”

 

“I LIKE YOU!” Both of them shouted in sync.

 

With the snow falling down, wrapping the earth with white color, they became the witness of the new lovebirds.