Four Hearts (Part II)

*ExoTaeng OneShots & Short Ongoings*

Geez, already 5 upvotes for this fic, 

I'm honored. 

I know that I'm not an awesome writer that can leave readers in awed after reading the chapter,

but thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing and voting.

For those who are waiting for Falling For You and Annoying Little Brat updates,

I'll try to update them soon.

Classes are hellish these days.

Too many projects to finish up. :)

 


 

HE was sitting on the edge of his bed with the door locked. The curtains were drawn and the light was off. Call of Duty was in the Xbox. The controller was lying on the floor, right beneath the spot where he nearly punched the wall in his own frustration. He got the music blasting so loud, so nobody can hear his cries. His hair was a mess from running his hands through it. And he was replaying their last conversation, thinking she’ll never take me back.

 

*Flashback*

 

It was almost three in the morning and Chanyeol just got back from his date with Sooyoung. He was exhausted, energy drained beyond saving. He collapsed his body on the long leathery black sofa and closed his eyes tightly. He wanted so badly to think that whenever he closed his eyes, the image of Sooyoung will come dancing right in front of his eyes.

 

But…. It didn’t happen.

 

You can’t always get what you want. And Chanyeol learnt that the hard way already. He wanted Sooyoung, he loved Sooyoung with all of his heart and soul, but for Sooyoung, it was never enough. She always wanted something more and sometimes he was terrified that he couldn’t possible give the things that her heart desired.

 

Taeyeon… Taeyeon was different than Sooyoung. He knew that. Since they were in high school, since before she knew that he was the heir of Park Corporation, she always treated him the same way as she always did. She never change even after she knew about his status, even after he told her that he agreed to be her fiancée because of his hatred towards Sooyoung.

 

Taeyeon…

 

Taeyeon…

 

Taeyeon…

 

Her name echoed inside his mind and that caused him to feel an extraordinary emotion, a sensation that he never had when he was with Sooyoung.

 

He missed her. Park Chanyeol missed Kim Taeyeon. That was the painful truth that he had to swallow.

 

That kind of feeling stimulated him to get on his feet and grabbed his phone on the coffee table. He swiped his phone and pressed one. Her number was set in his speed dial since the day he knew that she somehow became a very important person for him.

 

He waited for a while and then, her angelic voice feasted his hearing. “Hello…”

 

“Hi, Taeyeon. Are you sleeping?” He tried to cover up the anxiety that began stacking inside his chest.

 

“Not really. Why are you calling me? Is there anything that you want to discuss?”

 

Chanyeol stayed silent. He didn’t know how to answer her. He didn’t know what kind of lame excuse that he should give for calling her this early in the morning. It was like his mind suddenly froze to the point that he couldn’t even think about anything.

 

“You know that our wedding day is in two weeks, right?” She blurted out of the blue.

 

“Yeah, I know. Grandma Serah and my mom had been repeating the same thing over and over again. How could I even forget?!” Stupid Chanyeol he thought. How could he be so stupid to say something with a harsh tone at her? She must be hurt with his words.

 

Apologize Park Chanyeol! Apologize! His mind mentally screamed.

 

“Sorry. I shouldn’t call you this early in the morning.” Realizing that he could make this even worse than he already did, Chanyeol decided to end their conversation. “I’m hanging up. Good….”

 

 

But Taeyeon cut him off. “I saw you with Sooyoung at the bridal boutique.”

 

He was left speechless. For a moment, the phone call remained dead. How on earth did she know? Did she hire a spy to check on him and report to her where he was going and who he was with so she can catch him during the act? How dared she!

 

“So? What about it?” He queried roughly.

 

“A friendly reminder, don’t expose yourself with Sooyoung too much when you’re in public.  Mind you, you almost get caught by Grandma Serah today.”

 

No one ever bother to question what he did and who he was with. Not even his own father. And for Chanyeol, Taeyeon was stepping beyond the line.

 

“Excuse me; please mind your own business. Whatever I want to do with Sooyoung, it has nothing to do with you. You don’t have any right to pry. So, stay out of my life!”

 

“I don’t intend to pry at all. I’m just telling you to be careful. If you’ve been spotted by Grandma Serah while you’re having a moment with Sooyoung, I’m the one who’s going to be dead meat. I’m the one who she’s going to interrogate for answers.”

 

“Ah…. So, you’re worried about me and Sooyoung. What a noble act, I must say.” He said sarcastically. “Then, explain to me about you and Baekhyun. Even you were having a moment with him in front of your house. Aren’t you afraid that Grandma Serah will catch you in the act with him?”

 

“Baekhyun and I….” She stuttered to explain herself before he cut her halfway.

 

“Save it, Taeyeon. I don’t want to hear anything.” I don’t want to hear you say that you would choose him over me. I’m not ready yet to let you go.

 

 

“I don’t give a damn if you want to flirt with Baekhyun or you want to be intimate with him. Seriously, I won’t mind at all. Suit yourself. But let me warn you, as long as you’re my fiancée, please take good care of my name and my family honor. Understand?”

 

*

Argh, Park Chanyeol! You and your bloody effing mouth! Can’t you even say something nice to her for once?! His mind was clearly bombarding him with criticisms but he couldn’t take back his words. Just the thought of Taeyeon being together with Baekhyun sent his patience flying to the North Pole.

 

And now he regretted what he said to her. She deserved someone better. Perhaps Baekhyun can take his place to look after her and be with her. He was damn sure that Byun Baekhyun will do a hell lot better in loving Kim Taeyeon than he could ever do.

 

Chen of EXO covered for the song Please Love Her blasted on his stereo with a full blast. The song was playing like a loop, filling his solemn mood.

 

He wanted to tell Baekhyun to love her on behalf of his place.

 

He wanted to tell Baekhyun to look after her for the rest of his life.

 

He wanted to tell Baekhyun to give her all the happiness in life that she deserved.

 

But he couldn’t find the strength to do so. He was torn between his love for Sooyoung and the new emotion that blossomed inside his heart because of Taeyeon. When Sooyoung left him and threw him like a piece of trash, Taeyeon was there to pick up the pieces. Taeyeon was there to bring back life into his soulless body.

 

Did he really love Taeyeon?

 

If he did loved her, then who was Sooyoung for him?

 

As he kept conjecturing about who his heart truly loved, a loud bang ricocheted from outside of his room.

 

“Yo, Channie! Enough with that song! I’m sick of it!” His housemate, Kim Suho yelled repeatedly. The annoying ‘grandpa’ surely hit his nerve. He was in the middle of something important and that good-for-nothing ‘grandpa’ dared to interrupt him.

 

He got up on his feet and went straight to the door. “Stop banging my door, grandpa. You’re going to ruin it.” Lazily he opened the door and came flashing the face of Kim Suho with a grimace.

 

“How dare you call me grandpa?” Suho knocked his housemate head hard. Chanyeol grunted in pain as he rubbed his head. “Yah! What was that for?”

 

Suho cocked his eyebrows in oddity. “That was for scarring my ears with that sappy song of yours.” He let himself into Chanyeol’s room and sat on the edge of the bed. He noticed that the room was dark, his Xbox was switched on with Call of Duty waiting to be played and his roommate was a total mess. He looked like deep to be exact. With his hair muddled like it just been hit by the hurricane and unchanged clothes from yesterday, Park Chanyeol wasn’t his usual bad charming playboy.

 

“What the hell happened to you, Channie? Is it Sooyoung again?” Chanyeol didn’t reply his question; instead he sunk himself on the bed, next to where Suho was sitting.

 

“Have you ever been in love, hyung?”

 

Suho stared at his roommate. For a second, he shook his head. “Of course, I have. Seohyun would throw a fit if I have the nerve to say no.”

 

“Then, tell me, how do you know that you really love a person?”

 

Suho burst out laughing as hard as he can. Frankly speaking, he can’t believe his ears. Park Chanyeol, the infamous playboy was asking him about love? Woah…. This was just too mind blowing for him to swallow. “Channie, what has gotten into you? Did you take any wrong medicine today? Are you sick?” He put a hand on Chanyeol’s forehead, feeling the temperature before comparing it with his. “You’re not feverish. So, my hypothesis is you’re out of your bloody mind.”

 

Stupid jokes from Suho usually would flip the lid from Chanyeol but this time he just gazed at him without any emotion.  His mind and heart were like a maze now. He thought that Sooyoung was the one he truly loved. But why did he think of Taeyeon when he was with Sooyoung? Why did he feel bored when he was with Sooyoung? Why did he wonder what it would be like to spend time with Taeyeon?

 

"I'm going nuts." He whined.

 

"Yah! What on earth is going on with you? Spill, Channie. I won't bite."

 

"I don't know, hyung. I thought I love Sooyoung. I was broken when she left me. I felt frustrated, angry but...."

 

"The possibility of losing Taeyeon kills you?"  Suho butted in.

 

Chanyeol stared at Suho absent-mindedly. He didn't have the heart to argue with him. Instead he continued, "Since Sooyoung is back, we have a lot of catching up to do. Being apart for 6 months made me wanted to spend a lot of time with her. But the thing is whenever I spend time with her, I feel like I could just die out of boredom. I'm so sick and tired of hearing her boasting about herself. "

 

Suho just smiled and waited for Chanyeol to continue.

 

"And to make it worse, I keep thinking about Taeyeon. No matter what I do, she always popped up inside my mind. I think my brain must be damaged somewhere. Perhaps I should go see a neurologist."

 

He let out a long sigh, signaling that he'd finished ranting.

 

Suho knew that it was his cue to switch on his Oprah mode. "My conclusion is you, my friend, had fallen in love with Kim Taeyeon."

 

"What?! Me?! Falling in love with Taeyeon?! Bull!" Chanyeol denied with his eyes rolling upon hearing Suho's conclusion.

 

"Nah... I wouldn't say it's bull, Channie. Think carefully. If you don't love her, why would her image keep haunting you whenever you were with Sooyoung? You love her. Accept it, Park Chanyeol!"

 

"No way in hell!"

 

"Why not?"

 

"Hyung, it's not you don't know how Taeyeon is. She's an ajumma that knows how to nag nonstop. But hearing her nag made my day. She's a dork but her dorkiness made me laugh. She said that she hates aegyo but she always shows me her aegyo. She lacks fashion sense but she isn't that shabby. She's not gorgeous but... More like a cutie pie. Argh... I don't know."

 

Suho burst out laughing. "See, even if there are things about Taeyeon that you don't like,  you still accept her the way she is. You're happy, you smile like an idiot and you feel relax whenever you're with her. Am I right?"

 

Chanyeol knew in his heart that Suho was right. He nodded in reply. That was his true feeling. With Sooyoung, he felt suffocated. He felt like he was changing into someone that he wasn't supposed to be. With Sooyoung, he tended to be stylish, classy, proper and cool so that he matched up with her perfectly.

 

But with Taeyeon, Park Chanyeol can be Park Chanyeol whenever and wherever he wanted to. He can be a twerp, he can act stupid, he can say whatever he wanted. With Taeyeon he can be relax. Even if he really despised it if his grandma or mother nagged, with  Taeyeon, he just withstand whatever words that came out from .

 

"Channie, loving someone means that you accept that person wholeheartedly. Good or bad, you won't even mind. You won't ask that person to change because love is about acceptance. You see their imperfections but still be able to love that person with all your heart and soul. That is love, Park Chanyeol."

 

Seeing how Chanyeol was still in mute mode, Suho continued, "Falling in love with Taeyeon... Actually that doesn't sound so bad after all. Even though I don't really know her that well, from your story, I think that she's the one for you. Not Sooyoung."

 

Chanyeol zipped his mouth shut. He was trying hard to digest Suho's word. "If Sooyong isn't the one for me, what should I do?" Foolishly, he asked.

 

"If I were you, I'll leave her. For good." Suho suggested.

 

"Reason?" Chanyeol questioned with his eyebrows jerked.

 

"She left you again and again already, Channie. If you guys are married, I bet she won't hesitate to leave you even for a sec. Close your eyes and ask your heart who it truly desires. I'm sure your heart will give you the best answer for it." He patted Chanyeol's shoulder lightly.

 

*

 

“Taeng, please just open this freaking door! Stop being a brat!” Jessica growled as she kept banging the door of Taeyeon’s room for the umpteenth time. Taeyeon had been prisoning herself in her room since she got back from her date with Chanyeol’s grandma three days ago. She didn’t know what actually happened but her gut was telling her that whatever it was, things were crumbling down into ashes as of now. She tried to call Chanyeol but since the spunky baby didn’t pick up, she wasn’t even sure who else to turn to in search for the truth.

 

Taeyeon wasn’t someone who would cry easily. Jessica knew that better than anyone else. They were best friends since kindergarten, they were like twins from different parents and they were more than just friends to each other. They were sisters, swore to never keep any secret from one another, promised to share everything, come happiness or sorrow. But judging how Taeyeon locked herself in her room, her favorite Jamoca Almond Fudge ice cream disappeared from the fridge and Rolling in the Deep covered by Maddi Jane playing in loop from her stereo, she knew she needed to do something before Taeyeon became zombified with blues.

 

“KIM TAEYEON!” Her dolphin scream echoed for the nth time. Her patience was definitely wearing thin. “You better open this damn door right now! If not, Lord have mercy, I’ll split the door into half by myself.”

 

But Taeyeon didn’t open the door and Jessica got a feeling that something was amiss. She quickly ran downstairs and searched for the spare keys inside the closet. After finding the right one, she went up and opened the door to her room.

 

“Taeyeon!”

 


 

What the hell happened to Taeyeon?

Will Chanyeol manage to sort out his feeling?

What would Baekhyun do to win Taeyeon's love?

And Sooyoung, will she ever find out about Chanyeol and Taeyeon?