Love vs. Hate

*ExoTaeng OneShots & Short Ongoings*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYVuQrvr1SMg9qsZ1kXsi

Kim Taeyeon

“I. Hate. You.”

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS8eQnPaRsNR9damnb1Xk

Zhang Yixing

“It’s because you hate me. So it’s kinda interesting.”

 

 

We all have secrets in our life. You have a secret and I too have a secret that I wish nobody will come across to know about it. And yes, to let the skeleton out of the closet is the worst case scenario that could ever happen to me. So, I’ll keep my mouth shut, buried this secret of mine deep inside my heart and never ever think about it ever again.

 

“Lay-ssi!!!!” Hyoyeon shouted while waving her hand from the second level of the building towards the guy with the brown locks plus a killer dimple smile.

 

“Hello, Hyoyeon-ssi. Ah, Yuri-ssi, nice earrings.” Hearing the greeting and compliment from Zhang Yixing made both Hyoyeon and Yuri fawning with happiness.

 

“Kyaaaa…. Lay is so cute today!” Yuri squealed like a mad fan girl. Her cheeks were scorching red from Lay’s compliment regarding her earrings.

 

“Gosh! You should totally ask Lay for his phone number, Taeng. He’s your junior from middle school right?” Hyoyeon turned her gaze towards Taeyeon that was staring absent-mindedly at her notes.

 

“Sorry, Hyoyeon. I can’t help you with that. I’m not even a tiny weeny interested with a narcissistic guy like him. That kind of guy really hit my nerves badly.” Taeyeon brushed her off coldly.

 

“Wei? He’s cute. His dimple is his main attraction. I can imagine staring deep into his smiling face for hours.” Yuri who was still in her fangirling mode exclaimed.

 

“Like I said, Yul, I don’t have even a slightest intention of getting that phone number for you guys. Just lose hope will you?”

 

Zhang Yixing or better known as Lay among the students immediately rose to be one of the most popular kingkas in my school. Heck, I thought his popularity is only among the juniors. Never thought that he would be the apple of the eyes among the seniors too. Urgh! Why can’t he just go to another high school instead of mine?!

 

 

*

 

Infirmary.

 

“Ah, another headache I guess Miss Taeyeon?” The nurse at the infirmary said when she saw Taeyeon came in.

 

“Yes. I don’t know what’s wrong with me lately. Can I rest here for a while?” The pale looking Taeyeon with her right hand placed at her head walked staggeringly.

 

“Of course dear. Go lie on the bed and have a rest.”

 

*

 

Shoot, why the hell am I having this headache?! So troublesome. Taeyeon pulled the blanket tighter, covering her chest. Her headache was killing her slowly. She couldn’t concentrate in class. Worst of all, she hated the infirmary more than anything.

 

Lying here in the infirmary once again made Taeyeon’s mind took a walk down the memory lane. The first time she ever spoke to him was in the infirmary. The sight of him hasn’t change changed much over the last 2 years really pissed her off.

 

2 years ago~

 

Lay pulled away the curtain that was separating his bed from the bed beside him. With his index finger, he rubbed his eyes in the hope of sobering him up after a short nap at the infirmary.

 

Taeyeon that was lying on the bed suddenly woke up from her sleep when she heard the curtain being pushed by someone. Much to her surprise, she saw the sleepyhead brown haired guy sitting on the edge of the bed beside her.

 

Crap! What the hell is he doing here? Geez! Just my luck to meet this narcissistic guy at a place like this.

 

Lay was ogling at Taeyeon with his eyes now widely opened. “Hey you, what’s your name?”

 

“Kim Taeyeon.” Damn it! The rumored Zhang Yixing seriously doesn’t know any manner. I’m his senior. And he dared to call me with just hey you.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi.” Without any notice whatsoever, Lay suddenly sat on the edge of Taeyeon’s bed.

 

“Yah! What the hell are you doing?”  This guy is so unbelievable! How casual can he be? As expected from a guy like him. “Don’t be conceited just because you are popular, junior!” Ah… But as they said, he really has a pretty face.

 

Lay didn’t say anything but the most shocking event just happened!

 

Their lips touched each other, locking both of them into a sweet, magical kiss! Taeyeon knew she was supposed to push Lay away from her but the ecstasy of the kiss; the feeling of his lips on hers was too tempting for her. She was deep into his kiss.

 

And so did Zhang Yixing!

 

*

 

The vision of the kiss slowly faded away from her dream. She opened her eyes, totally in confusion as to why she had a dream about that ‘unfortunate’ kiss once again. She mentally cursed herself as she tried to get up from the bed.

 

Why on earth would I be having that kind of dream again? It’s been two years already. Enough of this ! This infirmary was taunting me with the memory of the past. A memory that I should erase from my mind.

 

Taeyeon pushed the strands of hair that was covering her eyes. She removed the blanket from her body and turned her gaze to her right side. And there he was, the guy that just appeared in her dream, sitting on the bed opposite to hers, the same way he did two years ago.

 

What the hell is this? Is this a dejavu?

 

Badump! Badump! Badump! The sound of her heart ran wild feasted her ears. She sat, frozen solid on the bed, didn’t even budge even for an inch. She didn’t know what to do. Aside from trying to calm her chaotic heartbeat, she knew that she needed to breathe but the sight of him, just took her breath away.

 

Lay on the other hand, was looking at the girl with a poker face wore on his face. He didn’t expect anyone to be here at the infirmary right at this moment but the girl that clearly hated him the most was hooking her eyes to him like a lioness waiting to haunt its prey.

 

He chuckled in amusement. “You know what; this is exactly like two years ago.”

 

For almost a minute, both of them fell into deep silence. Taeyeon didn’t gave Lay any reply but Lay was patience enough to wait for her answer. Realizing that she was lacking oxygen inside her lung, Taeyeon inhaled deeply.

 

“So… You remember?” She mumbled her words in a soft tone.

 

Lay crooked a smile on his face. “Of course I do.”

 

Hearing his answer stimulated Taeyeon to burst out laughing in hysteric. Lay deleted the warm smile on his face and immediately put on his poker face. “How unexpected. You treat everyone that way, so I didn’t expect you to remember one.”

 

What on earth is this girl trying to imply? Is she trying to say that I’m some badass player who only treats girls as flings? Gosh! No wonder she always looked at me with a disgusting look.

 

Lay didn’t say anything. He waited for her next response. He knew that in this kind of situation, it was better to analyze the condition first before he ended up blurting any unnecessary words that he might regret for the rest of his life.

 

“Why did you kiss me? Did you think that every girl would be happy if you did?” Taeyeon exploded all of the feelings that she had been harboring for the last two years. Lay’s unexpected action did have a serious consequence for her. The kissing scene had been playing like a loop inside her mind like a film. Each time she touched her lips, she could feel the sensation of his lips on hers. And that sensation was something that she despised the most.

 

“Because you wouldn’t like it.” Lay calmly said. “When we were in middle school, weren’t you looking down on me and the group of girls around me?” He clutched the sheet tightly with his hands. A moment of silence filled the gap between them but only temporarily. Lay inched closer to her, his breath felt like the breezy autumn wind on her face. “That’s why to the arrogant noona, I was teasing you.” He twitched one devilish smirk; getting Taeyeon’s irritation level raised a bar.

 

Before Taeyeon could even retort his words, Lay got on his feet and waltzed away from her. Taeyeon just stared at the back of the guy that she labeled as a narcissistic. She wanted to say something but the words won’t come out from . Frustration began to run high as she held the blanket firmly.

 

As I thought. He’s not a decent guy. And the kiss, it would have been better if it didn’t happen. AT ALL!

 

*

The next morning,

 

“Lay oppa, come join us for karaoke.” Chorong said with an aegyo kind of way.

 

“Yeah. It would be fun. Come please, oppa.” Naeun grabbed Lay’s hand, locking her fingers with him.

 

Taeyeon only watched the scene with a poker face. She vowed that she wouldn’t let herself be affected by Lay again. She vowed that she’ll forget about the kiss and act like it never happen. With head held high, she walked pass Lay and his group of fan girls, feigning ignorance.

 

As soon as Lay noticed Taeyeon walking beside his group, he knew that he can use her as his escapism. He moved away from the group and grabbed Taeyeon’s arm, stopping the girl’s steps. With an innocent look on his face, he lingered his arms around Taeyeon, pulling out a nice romantic gesture.

 

“Sorry girls. My bad. I promised to meet up with this noona. Later!” As soon as he finished blurting out those words, he seized her right hand, intertwined their hands together and dashed as fast as he can with her, leaving his enraged fans.

 

Taeyeon who finally cleared out from her gobsmacked state tried to wriggle her hand away from Lay. But Lay didn’t budge until they had left the school compound. The wind was blowing strong; the sun was covered by the white clouds as the sound of the leaves dancing around filled the ambience.

 

“Wait! What the hell is wrong with you? Are you out of your bloody mind?!” She yanked her hand from him. Her eyes were fiery red, her face was stern and fury clearly took control of her.

 

“It’s because they were too persistent.”

 

She shook her head. Obviously Lay wasn’t giving the answer for her question. “Yah, that’s not what I….” She let out a sigh. “I meant why?”

 

“It’s because you hate me. So it’s kinda interesting.” Again Lay didn’t answer her question.

 

But those sentences from him really took Taeyeon by surprise. What’s up with that? Why did he keep saying that I hate him? Don’t make assumption! She lowered her gaze, avoiding his eyes.

 

At that time, the wind once again blew strongly. Her brown locks were swaying, following the rhythm of the breeze. And Lay did the unexpected once more. He captured the strands of her hair and let them flew between his fingers.

 

“Your hair… it’s grown long.” Taeyeon lifted her face and their gazes found each other. “I thought it was kinda fluffy. Like a cat.” And I used to wonder what it feels like to hold it with my hand. Now I knew.

 

Taeyeon dropped her jaws, disbelief began to engulf her. There was a moment of silence between them as they stood with the same posture. But Lay decided that he should end this act as of now before he did something by far stupider than holding the strands of her hair.

 

“Well, I’ll be going this way.” He turned his back and was ready to walk away but Taeyeon stopped him midway.

 

“Hey, Lay…” Paused. Oh, just get on with it, Taeyeon! “I… Um….” ! Don’t stutter! Not the right time to do it, missy. “About you…” It’s not like I hate you. That’s not it. Say those words, Kim Taeyeon! Say them!

 

“I. Hate. You.” Crap! What the hell am I saying?! Stupid Taengoo!

 

“I said I know.” That’s why I’m walking away, Taeyeon. That’s why I’m saying this with a smile on my face.

 

Zhang Yixing, why’d he smile like that? I seriously don’t get him!

 

*

 

The next day…

 

“Aigoo… that’s terrible. Who would do such a thing?”

 

“It’s Lay’s locker too. How stupid could this person be?”

 

“Yeah. How dare this person write DIE on his locker?”

 

“If I knew who it was, I’ll beat that person up myself.”

 

Most of the students began to swarm themselves in front of Lay’s locker. Some were dropping their jaws, some were whispering, some were angry and some were trying to up to Lay. Lay on the other hand wasn’t really affected by the incident. He just kept his cool while others were the ones busied making a fuss.

 

“You shouldn’t let this thing get to you, Lay.” Naeun said.

 

“I….. I saw the person who wrote it.” Everybody turned their eyes towards Chorong after she blurted out those words. They were waiting patiently for her to spill the bean regarding the culprit. “It’s that 2nd year.” All the students that gathered around were throwing wild guesses about who was Chorong actually referring to. “Ah… Look! It’s that person.”

 

And all set of eyes were rooted towards Taeyeon that was walking pass the lockers. She didn’t had any clue or idea whatsoever on why those students were looking at her. But she knew from their looks, the reason for it wasn’t good though. Being the calm person as she was, she maintained her composure and acted like their stares weren’t making her awkward or jumpy.

 

“What’s more, I heard that she said that she hates Lay.” Chorong’s words caused more uproar than it already was. Everybody kept murmuring and giving nasty look at Taeyeon.

 

“Hey, you should erase this.” Eunji butted into the conversation.

 

Taeyeon glanced at the locker and she knew that this junior in front of her was accusing her for something that she didn’t do. She looked at Lay and she noticed that he was also as dumbfounded as she was. But getting involved in a confrontation wasn’t Taeyeon’s style. She ignored the noisy crowd as walked away as fast as she can.

 

“Hey! Come back here!” Chorong shouted but Taeyeon didn’t stop. She wouldn’t stop because she knew it was her words against that girl. She was at disadvantages. It was better to retreat from a battle that she knew she couldn’t win.

 

*

Rooftop

 

She pulled her knees into her embrace before putting her chin on top of them. A heavy sight was let out. The wind was blowing strong and the sun was blazing hot. The strands of her hairs fell to cover her face. It bothered her but she didn’t do anything to push the hair back.

 

Ah, I’m a total idiot! Running away was unnecessary. It’ll be more suspicious.

 

“I heard that she said that she hates Lay.”

 

Haish… this is a mess. Why did she have to hear those words? She shook her head. Her hand pushed the locks that kept bugging her sight.

 

“So you’re here.”

 

“You…” Taeyeon was surprised to see the three girls that created havoc this morning were standing in front of her.

 

“What are you to Lay?” Chorong started the verbal attack on Taeyeon while Eunji and Nauen were simply being the bystanders.

 

Oh, this girl should really go back to the kindergarten and learn some manner. I’m older than her for heaven’s sake! Urghhh! “Well, nothing much really.” She calmly answered, camouflaging her irritation.

 

“If it’s really nothing much, then why’re doing things such as walking home with him?” Chorong flashed a gruesome stare towards Taeyeon.

 

“You said that you hate him. But the truth is you like him, right?” Eunji blurted out.

 

“Yup! Stop trying to get his attention with your cheap tricks. It’s sickening, you know.” Naeuen added up.

 

Taeyeon scoffed in amusement. From the way these girls were launching attacks towards her, she knew that they were the ones who actually wrote the word DIE on Lay’s locker. The nerve these girls had to accuse her in front of others. “So, you guys were the ones who did that to Lay, huh? You wrote the graffiti and acted up the scene to set me up, right?”

 

The three girls just remained silent. They didn’t say anything. They just waited to see what Taeyeon’s next move would be. “Why would you write DIE to the person that you like? Aren’t you stupid?!”

 

“What?!” All three girls shouted in sync.

 

You’re able to smile beside him and free to show your love to him. I can’t ever do that. Why can’t you appreciate that? “Seriously, you’re the worst!”

 

“Shut up!” Chorong couldn’t stand Taeyeon anymore. She launched forward and slapped her right cheek. Taeyeon didn’t have the chance to avoid it. She was pissed. Her cheek was burning in pain. The slap from Chorong was an insult to her. She reached her limit! Her patience was long gone.

 

She grabbed a hold of Chorong’s collar firmly. She was readied to give Chorong a taste of her own medicine when suddenly a voice echoed from behind.

 

“What are you guys doing?” It was Lay. He wasn’t showing any emotion but deep inside his heart, he was trying to control his rage.

 

“Ah, Lay…” Chorong said. Taeyeon let go of her collar and Chorong took that opportunity to run to Lay’s side. She locked her right arm with Lay. “We were just warning this unnie about the graffiti, then she…” Evil smirk but of course Lay can’t see it. That smirk was done purposely to annoy Taeyeon. “Save me, Lay.” She faked one pitiful tone.

 

Hearing Chorong’s bogus words made Taeyeon felt like she didn’t give a damn about this whole thing anymore. She was done dealing with these three phony girls. What’s the use of it?! She won’t get anything if she continues her confrontation with them.

 

She turned her back from them and decided to leave the scene. Do as you like. I won’t care anymore.

 

“What did you do to Taeyeon…. Is what I’m asking.” Lay’s loud voice stopped her steps. “The one who raised a hand was you, right?” He sounded cold yet intimidating at the same time. Chorong’s face turned pale, she didn’t know how to defense herself. His stare scared the daylight out of her.

 

“Eh… Urm….” That was all that she could mumble.

 

“Why’d you do that? Did you hit her?”

 

Yeah, the words sent those three girls into a deep kind of feeling but for Taeyeon, she was flabbergasted to see that Lay was actually like a knight saving a damsel in distress!

 

*

 

Infirmary.

 

“Why did you stick up for me?” She muttered those words softly. She didn’t dare to lift her head up to see Lay that was sitting in front of her.

 


“Because Taeyeon is not the kind of person who do such a thing.”

 

His words took her by surprise. She looked at him with a disbelieving look. “Why? Don’t you hate me?”

 

Lay didn’t give her a reply but he stood up and pulled her into his arms. He inched closer to her, his lips aiming for her lips but Taeyeon stopped his action.

 

“Stop this! What do you think you’re doing?” She was too shock to digest his action but she knew she needed a damn good explanation for it. “Is this some kind of a joke? Don’t group me with those girls who…”

 

“I don’t think you are like the others at all!” His voice raised a decibel. “Realize it already, will you?!” I’ve always been in love with you. Not any other girl! “These past two years, I’ve been looking at nobody else except you.” It always has been you!

 

“Yah! What the hell are you doing? Don’t be conceited just because you are popular, junior!”

 

What do you mean by conceited? Why do you have to go as far as saying it? Not to mention to a person that you’ve just met!

 

“It was because the things you said didn’t match your expression. I only intended to joke around, but by the time I realized it, I already kissed you.” He paused for a moment and inhaled deeply. He cupped her cheeks with both of his hands as he leaned forward so that their foreheads were against each other. “Since then, I’ve been smitten.”

 

Hearing Lay’s confession broke Taeyeon’s dam of tears. She couldn’t control herself. Tears were raining down her cheeks. She was definitely touched with her words. Beyond doubt that she did! “For that reason you went ahead and…. That was my first kiss, you know!”

 

“Same here!”

 

“Huh? You’re lying!”

 

“I’m not!”

 

And there was a moment of silence between them. But Lay was clever enough to take that chance and initiate a kiss. He pecked her lips gently and as the sun set beyond the horizon, they shared one mutual feeling.

 

LOVE!

 

“Love is a sweet word that doesn’t fit. You wrap people around your finger. You even throw my heart into confusion like this. I hate that about you, Zhang Yixing!”

 

“And I hate that about you too, Kim Taeyeon!”

 


 

Hope that you've enjoyed the odd couple one shot of Lay and Taeyeon. Muahahaha...

Check out my other fan fics :)   

Annoying Little Brat ( Kai and Taeyeon)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/487731/annoying-little-brat-fluff-taeyeon-wootae-kai-exotaeng-kaiyeon

In Time With You (Baekhyun and Taeyeon)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/469189/in-time-with-you-romance-snsd-taeyeon-exo-baekhyun-baekyeon

Falling For You (Luhan, Taeyeon and Sehun)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/502807/falling-for-you-fluff-romcom-taeyeon-luhan-sehun-seyeon-lutae