Four Hearts (Part III)

*ExoTaeng OneShots & Short Ongoings*

4139 words of  babbling. Sorry for the long wait. I'm a bad author. I know it. +.+'

But do enjoy Part III of this story.

 


 

The sound of loud banging on the door and the continuous ringing of the doorbell irritated Chanyeol. That Junmyeon grandpa! Don’t tell me that he forgot to bring his keys again. Urgh! Bloody hell, Suho!

 

Dropping his pillow on the sofa, he walked lazily to the front door. The person who appeared in front of him gave him the shock of his life.

 

“Baekkie?”

 

Buk!

 

Chanyeol fell down flat on the floor. He grunted in pain. There was blood on the corner of the lips where Baekhyun had landed a punch on his face.

 

“What the hell Byun Baek? Like what the hell?”

 

“That is for an irresponsible fiancé like you!”

 

Chanyeol stood up. He curled his hand into a fist and threw a punch at Baekhyun. And now Baekhyun was the one landing flat on the floor.

 

“And that is for a busy body like you!”

 

Baekhyun got up on his feet. He touched his cheek that had changed color because of Chanyeol’s punch.

 

“Busy body? At least I care more about Taeyeon than you. You don’t even know that she’s sick, don’t you?!”

 

Baekhyun’s revelation startled Chanyeol. Taeyeon’s sick? When? “It’s none of your business if I know or not. Kim Taeyeon is my fiancée. Not yours. Don’t pry into something that isn’t your business to begin with.” Chanyeol said angrily.

 

“Your fiancée? You make me laugh, Park Chanyeol.” Baekhyun’s laughter echoed sarcastically. “Is Kim Taeyeon really your fiancée? You didn't even love her. You just didn't want to be alone. Or maybe, maybe she was just good for your ego. Or, or maybe she made you feel better about your miserable life, but you didn't love her.” Baekhyun argued back.

 

“Like I said, it doesn’t matter if I love her or not. Bottom line is she’s my fiancée! And regarding Taeyeon and I, it’s none of your bloody business, Byun Baekhyun!” Chanyeol retorted.

 

“You’re wrong, Park Chanyeol! It’s my bloody business!”

 

“Since when?”

 

“Since I know what love is… Since I fell in love with Kim Taeyeon!”

 

Chanyeol was dumbfounded to hear Baekhyun’s statement. Now he didn’t need to be kept in the dark anymore. He didn’t need to wonder and be haunted by tons of questions regarding Byun Baekhyun and Kim Taeyeon anymore. Baekhyun already confessed the whole truth.

 

Byun Baekhyun loves Kim Taeyeon!

 

“Taeyeon is my fiancée…”

 

“Yes, I know that! That’s why I’ll wait until you let her go.”

 

“I won’t let her go, Baekhyun! Ever!”

 

“Don’t be selfish, Chanyeol! You have Sooyoung. She’s the one that you love. She’s back in your life now. Go and marry her. Don’t play with Taeyeon’s heart anymore just because of your sky high ego. She doesn’t deserve to be tortured like this. She’s a human being like you, like me! She has feelings too! Let Taeyeon go! Just freaking stop this madness!”

 

Chanyeol shook his head a couple of times. He couldn’t believe that Baekhyun would have the nerve to ask him to let Taeyeon go. There was no way in hell that he would do that. Letting Kim Taeyeon go was never something that he plan to do nor he intend to do. Ever!

 

“Don’t you ever go near Taeyeon again! If I ever see you near her again, help me god, you’ll regret it for the rest of your life, Byun Baekhyun!”

 

“That should be my line, Park Chanyeol! If you dare to hurt Taeyeon ever again, you would have wished that we’ve never known each other before!”

 

And Baekhyun walked away from Chanyeol’s house after he proclaimed his final warning.

 

*

 

 

Chanyeol opened the door of Taeyeon’s bedroom slowly. Earlier Jessica was persistent about not letting him to see her but he begged her so much until the ice princess melted. He understood why Jessica didn’t want him to see Taeyeon.

 

He was the reason why she was sick.

 

Park Chanyeol was the cause of Kim Taeyeon being bedridden now.

 

It was his fault all along.

 

He comprehended it clearly.

 

He walked closer to her bed. He noticed that she was sleeping soundly. She someone was lost deep, sailing further, sinking deeper into her dream land. He inched closer and sat on the edge of her bed. His eyes never left her. It hurt him to see how pale she was.

 

Let Taeyeon go!

 

Baekhyun’s words echoed inside his thought unknowingly. He could feel his hesitation raised a mountain. He could hear his heart mocking him for being too selfish. He dared to propose Sooyoung to marry him but at the same time he still wanted Taeyeon to stay by his side.

 

Seriously, Park Chanyeol was selfish! Way too selfish!

 

But when he gave himself some time to reflect about his decision of wanting Taeyeon to stay by his side, reality began to hit him on the face. He realized why he did what he did to Taeyeon.

 

Park Chanyeol wanted Kim Taeyeon to stay because he had come to love her!

 

He wondered was he too cruel? Taeyeon looked like she would be happy to have Baekhyun as her soul mate instead of him. And he clearly knew that Baekhyun would never do anything to hurt Taeyeon. So who was he to become the reason why Taeyeon couldn’t be with the one who would give her all the happiness that she deserved?

 

When she cries, dry her eyes. When she laughs, laugh with her and not at her. She smiles, smile back. She’s in pain or upset, comfort her. Most of all love your girl or someone who deserves her will.

 

Or someone who deserves her will.

 

Chanyeol gulped when that last line from Suho ricocheted inside his mind. Should he let Taeyeon go like Baekhyun asked him to? No! Never! He can’t do that! He won’t do that! Letting Taeyeon go would be like losing half of his life.

 

Find someone who will change your life. Not just your relationship status.

 

That was what his sister, Park Yura always said. Being with Taeyeon did change his life. For once in his life, he was able to feel alive. Park Chanyeol can be the real Park Chanyeol. Whether a twerp, a dork or even a clumsy Park Chanyeol, Kim Taeyeon never whine or complain. She accepted him all the way through. Come good or bad.

 

“If you love someone, showing them is better than telling them. If you don’t love them anymore, telling them is better than showing them. If you love Taeyeon, show it to her. Don’t let her suffer like this.”

 

Those were Jessica’s words to him before she allowed him to see Taeyeon. And he had come to realize that the ice princess was right.

 

He placed his palm on Taeyeon’s forehead, trying to feel her temperature. He nodded his head, satisfied that her fever had gone down. He caressed her hair lightly, pushing the strands that were covering her face. When he touched her, it was as if some kind of a warm feeling emerged. It was a feeling that soothed his heart, a kind of feeling that brought him to serenity.

 

That kind of feeling only appeared when Park Chanyeol was with Kim Taeyeon, never with Choi Sooyoung.

 

Taeyeon felt like someone was her hair. Her head felt so heavy, like there was a boulder buried on top of it but she decided to ignore it. Slowly she opened her eyes, and the streaks of light made her felt uncomfortable. But when she saw a shadow looking exactly like Chanyeol, she creased her forehead. Was she dreaming right now? “Chan… Chanyeol?”

 

“Shh…. I’m sorry that I’ve woke you up. Just checking on you. Go back to sleep.” He whispered as he pulled the comforter to cover her chest.

 

“Chanyeol….” She called him once again. Frankly speaking she was still confused, whether this was a reality or perhaps merely a dream.

 

“I’m here…. Just sleep okay?”

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes once again. Chanyeol’s hand that was still caressing her hair brought back the feeling of sleepiness to her. Before she set sail for the second time to her dream land, she felt a kiss landed on her forehead. Soft and warm. A moment that she had wished that the hand of clock would stop ticking and stayed frozen forever.

 

Taeyeon had hoped that this wasn’t a dream. She had hoped that if this was indeed a dream, please let her continue to sleep. Don’t let her be awakened from it because she wanted to keep on dreaming. She wanted to feel love, she wanted to feel safe, and she wanted to feel serene because Park Chanyeol was by her side right now.

 

Seriously… she never wanted to wake up from her dream…..

 

 

*

 

“Eat!”

 

“No!”

 

“Eat!”

 

“No!”

 

“Eat! Eat! Eat!”

 

“No! No! No!”

 

Chanyeol that was sitting on the edge of the bed turned sullen. He plastered his I’m-giving-up face as he put the bowl of porridge on the table beside the bed. He glared at her; dissatisfaction began to raise a bar.

 

“Can’t you just be a doll and stop acting like a brat?” He complained.

 

Taeyeon who was wearing her infamous innocent look huffed. Who the hell was this creature that was sitting beside her? He can’t really be that Park Chanyeol right? That Park Chanyeol who never really cared about her. That Park Chanyeol who always took her for granted like she meant nothing to him.

 

She didn’t know what on earth happened to Chanyeol. He was being really nice as in nice nice. She never expected to see him inside her bedroom as early as 8 in the morning and serving her breakfast on the bed. He even forced her to take her medicine despite knowing how she hated pills to the core. Did the alien kidnapped Chanyeol and modified him into a different person?

 

“Your porridge tasted like mud. How do you expect me to eat it?” She commented, complete with aegyo.

 

Oh god! What the hell happened to her?! Why was she acting like so girlish in front of him? Did she too get kidnapped by an alien before this?  Or did her fever completely destroy her brain and make her lose her mind?

 

“Yah! I tasted it myself when I cooked it. Everything is flawless. Seriously a 5 star dish! I think your taste bud must be malfunctioning.” He argued back.

 

Chanyeol rolled his sleeves to his elbow. He woke up early this morning just to come and check up on her. He even cooked porridge for her. So why can’t she just appreciate his hard work and stop complaining like a little kid?

 

Park Chanyeol, I think you’re the one who’s having a taste bud malfunctioning! Not me! Taeyeon mentally protested inside her mind.

 

“In fact, if you compare my food with the dish that they’ve served inside the hospital, it’s a no brainer that my food is the best! So you should be honor to eat something cook by yours truly, Park Chanyeol.”

 

Urghhhh!!! Park Chanyeol and his boastful act! Why in the name of galaxy supernova did she fell in love with someone like him? “The best my ! Your porridge is so tasteless! It’s hard to swallow! It’s bitter! It doesn’t even taste decent enough! In fact it doesn’t even look like porridge! I can’t imagine how you had the guts to say that this is a 5 star dish! You’re a bad cook! Like really….”

 

Her ranting moment met its end when Chanyeol put a finger on her lips, shutting down her entire system. Their eyes met and she could feel how deep Chanyeol was staring at her. Was he mad because she was badmouthing his cooking skill?

 

And her heart felt like jumping out from her chest when Chanyeol inched closer, keeping the gap between them smaller. She could smell his perfume, the one she used to hate but now had come to love sincerely. Her heart was beating faster beyond normal; her senses were numb when those eyes that belonged to Park Chanyeol were locked straight at her.

 

She couldn’t think.

 

She couldn’t breathe.

 

And she couldn’t move.

 

Zup!

 

was stuffed with something. What on earth?! Erk! A thermometer?

 

Chanyeol curved a smile. His expression was like mocking her and she could see him mouthing the word serve you right! After a few second, he took out the thermometer from and looked at the reading.

 

“Hhmmm…. 38◦C. Since you’re still sick, I won’t mind with all the yapping that came out from your mouth. I would take those words as compliments instead of you badmouthing me. You should be glad, missy!”

 

Chanyeol got up. He rolled down his sleeves and took his briefcase that he placed beside her bed. He checked his watch and he noticed that it was about time for him to go to the office. His dad would be having the time of his life lecturing him if he dared to miss their meeting with the client from Singapore.

 

He walked to the door but stopped before he went out. “Taeyeon, I know that you hate taking pills and you definitely didn’t enjoy my cooking. So, next time, try not to get sick again, okay!”

 

Leaving Taeyeon with a smile flashed on his face, he bid farewell to her. And Taeyeon just stared without saying anything.

 

“So, next time, try not to get sick again, okay!”

 

It was not like she herself wanted to get sick! She was sick for a reason! And that reason was you, Park freaking Chanyeol!

 

Argh! Taeyeon-ah, stop thinking about him! Sleeping would better than messing your brain because of that stupid jerk!

 

Sleep, Taeyeon! Sleep!

 

And pulling her comforter to cover her whole body, Taeyeon set sailed to her dream land.

 

*

 

After a long time that felt like infinity, he finally set his feet back at the famous night club. Since Taeyeon came into the picture, he never for once went there again. Why? Because for Byun Baekhyun, night club was only an escapism.

 

An escapism when reality was chocking his life, when reality was too cruel for him to digest and when living in fantasy was by far better than confronting the reality.

 

He never felt those feeling anymore when he started to know Taeyeon. But today, that one person who finally gave him the feeling that reality was actually something to look forward to just destroy him into pieces. A shot of tequila managed to take away his misery, even if it was only for a while.

 

Baekhyun huffed. The wedding invitation that Taeyeon personally handed to him this morning was pulled out from his jacket.

 

“If you’re not busy, please come…”

 

Those were her words, her words that ripped him apart, shredded him into pieces.

 

He stared at the card for the umpteenth time, reading the content. He wished damn hard that the name that was written inside the card didn’t belong to Park Chanyeol. He wished damn hard that the name that was written beside Kim Taeyeon’s name belonged to Byun Baekhyun.

 

“Taeyeon! Why can’t it be me? Why does it have to be Park Chanyeol?! Why did you choose that bastard instead of me?!”

 

Flashback~

 

“Syyy… Your place is with me, by my side, Taeyeon. Be with me. Stay with me. I’ll treat you a hell lot better than Chanyeol ever will. I love you, Taeyeon. I love you. More than you can ever imagine.”

 

Taeyeon was stunned by his sudden confession. He understood that what he did would spook her but he had to tell her how he felt about her. He loves her! Byun Baekhyun really really loves Kim Taeyeon.

 

When she didn’t move even an inch, he wanted to wrap his arms around her and pulled her into his embrace. But Taeyeon pushed his arms away and took a step back, creating some distance between them.

 

“Baekhyun, as much as you love me, please respect me. I’m Chanyeol’s fiancée. So please don’t ever forget that fact.” Taeyeon said firmly.

 

Baekhyun was dumbfounded.

 

“But I love you. More than Chanyeol will ever do…” He confessed his love once again.

 

Taeyeon bit her lips as she shook her head. “I’m… I’m sorry, Baekhyun. I don’t love you. I only see you as a friend. Not more and not less. Between us, that kind of love that I have for Chanyeol won’t ever happen.”

 

Baekhyun was definitely hurt by her words but he forced himself to fake a smile. His eyes that glimmered brightly when he told her about her feeling finally became dimmed and darkened.

 

“I know that I’m hurting you but it’s better than lying straight to your face, right?”

 

Silence. Baekhyun knew that he wasn’t a match for Chanyeol but still he wanted to believe that between him and Taeyeon, there was still hope.

 

But that hope was crushed by Kim Taeyeon herself. “I’m marrying Chanyeol. I don’t care if I end up getting hurt but… Even for a while, I want to be with him.”

 

“Then I’ll wait until he finally let you go.”

 

“I don’t love you.” He could sense that she was being honest.

 

“Then I’ll wait until you’ll fall in love with me.”

 

“I can’t. I’ll never be able to love you or anyone else aside from Park Chanyeol.”

 

“No matter what you say, Taeyeon, I’ll wait for you. I believe that if I sincerely love you, then one day you’ll come to accept me and love me back the same way that I’ve loved you. And I’ll wait for as long as I have to until that day arrives.”

 

“Baekhyun…. I….”

 

“Don’t say that you’re sorry, Taeyeon. It’s my decision to love you. It’s my decision to wait for you. So please, don’t have pity on me. Don’t feel bad because of me. I won’t force you to love me. I would never do that because I want you to love me from the bottom of your heart.”

 

 

His eyes wandered at the crowd that was dancing ecstatically on the dance floor. He rubbed his eyes thinking that he must be mistaken when he saw that familiar face sitting not far from his place. That girl was doing the same thing that he did, just looking at the crowd with a bore expression written all over her face. She played with her shot glass and Baekhyun knew that he had to meet that person himself. Standing on his feet, he approached the girl.

 

“Hey, Sooyoung! Are you alone?” He greeted her.

 

Sooyoung that was in daze at the time was surprised to see that her old friend, Byun Baekhyun was standing in front of her. Her lips crooked a smile as she motioned him to take a seat next to her. “Hey, Baekhyun! What a pleasure to see you here!”

 

Leaning closer after Baekhyun took his seat, she kissed him on the cheeks. Baekhyun too drew a smile on his face. He was glad that he met Sooyoung tonight. Even though unexpectedly but still, it was a blessing in disguise.

 

“I don’t know that you hang out around this place. I always come here but never for once, I see you here.” Sooyoung said.

 

“I used to hang around here but now, not anymore. Been busy lately…”

 

“Yeah, right! Like I don’t know you. You’re busy but I don’t think that work is the one who’s keeping you busy. You must have tons of girlfriends. So no wonder you don’t stick around much anymore.”

 

Baekhyun just smiled, admitting the words that were uttered by Sooyoung. Before Taeyeon appeared into his life, he acknowledged that he had heaps of flings with different girls every night.

 

“So, why is it a pretty lady like you are alone? Where’s your boyfriend?” He asked. He wondered why he never told Sooyoung that he was Chanyeol’s best friend. He only mentioned to her that Chanyeol was his boss from work.

 

“You mean Chanyeol? Gosh, Baekhyun! You should know that guy better than me. He doesn’t like to hang around this place. He rather plays with his games. But hey, even so, I still love him. You know what, we’re getting married soon. I can’t wait to be his wife! The one and only wife of Park Chanyeol!” Sooyoung informed him excitedly.

 

Baekhyun gritted his teeth tightly. Park Chanyeol, you bastard! How dared he ask for Sooyoung’s hand while the fact was he’s going to marry Taeyeon soon! Bloody hell!

 

“But lately, I felt like Chanyeol was being weird. He always lost deep in thought, like he was daydreaming. It was like his body was beside me but his mind, it was wandering around. I don’t know what the hell he was thinking. You guys work at the same place, right? Is there any problem at the office?” Sooyoung questioned.

 

Baekhyun zipped his lips. He was conjecturing whether or not he should blurt out the whole truth to Sooyoung. He let out a sigh as he said, “Sooyoung…. I think there’s something that you should know.”

 

Baekhyun leaned his back against the chair. He looked somewhat chill and cozy but at the same time he was prepared for whatever that will happen after he explained the whole thing to Sooyoung.

 

“What should I know, Baekhyun?” Sooyoung creased her forehead and she had a bad feeling when she noticed how serious Baekhyun’s expression was.

 

Baekhyun placed the wedding invitation on the table, motioning it for Sooyoung to read.

 

“What’s this?” She cocked her eyebrows.

 

“A wedding invitation.”

 

“Huh? You want to me accompany you to a wedding? Geez, Baekhyun! We’ve been friends since we’re in college. You do know that I don’t really have any interest in going to weddings. If you ask me to go clubbing or party, no doubt I’ll agree on the dot.”

 

“Take a look at it first. I’m sure you’ll be ‘interested’ to go to the wedding when you know who the groom is.” He pressured her.

 

Whether she wanted to or not, Sooyoung took the envelope and tried to read the content under the dim light. Her heart dropped. What the hell is this?! “Park Chanyeol?”

 

Her eyes almost popped out from the socket when she saw his name. She reread the wedding card again and again, countless of time to make sure that her eyes weren’t playing a joke on her.

 

“What the is this, Baekhyun?!” She cursed, totally enraged with what she had read.

 

Baekhyun huffed as he tried to explain everything to the furious girl in front of him.

 

“Chanyeol was playing you all along, Sooyoung. He lied to you. He’s already engaged to someone else.  On the day that you left him during your engagement party, Chanyeol already found someone else to replace you. And now he’s going to marry her next week.”

 

Sooyoung shook her head continuously, unable to digest every single word that escaped from Baekhyun’s mouth. She was shaking vigorously; her rage was out of control. Now she knew the real reason behind Chanyeol’s weirdness lately.

 

No wonder he gave her so many excuses when she wanted to meet him. No wonder he always looked so absent-minded when they were together. How could he did this to her?! That jerk! If he already had another girl in his life, why on earth did he ask her to marry him?!

 

! This is so ridiculous!

 

“Baekhyun, are you playing a trick on me? Come on, it’s not even funny okay. Quit pulling my leg!”

 

“I’m not pulling your leg, Sooyoung. I don’t have anything to gain if I play a trick on you. For your information, Chanyeol is my best friend. And the girl that he’s marrying, Kim Taeyeon, she’s the love of my life. I want her so badly to be my wife! But that player Park Chanyeol got to her first!”

 

Sooyoung rummaged her hair, definitely pressured by the sudden revelation about Chanyeol’s status.

 

“If he’s marrying her, why did he propose to me? Why did he coax me to come back to Korea? Why did he go out with me, ask me to marry him… Seriously this is outrageous!”

 

“Chanyeol’s only marrying her because of Grandma Serah. At first he only wanted to introduce Taeyeon as his fake fiancée but his grandma was fond of her. So she insisted for him to marry her. Chanyeol never loves Taeyeon. There’s no spark of love at all!” Baekhyun voiced firmly.

 

Sooyoung massaged her temple, trying to process the information that Baekhyun had blurted out. “Then what is your suggestion? What should I do? I want my Chanyeol back!”

 

“We plan something. We’ll separate them apart!”

 

And both Byun Baekhyun and Choi Sooyoung once again found a glimmer of hope to ruin Park Chanyeol’s and Kim Taeyeon’s wedding day.

 


 

Chanyeol is so stupid. Indecisive betwen Sooyoung and Taeyeon. Somebody should punch him again, don't you think?

Taeyeon rejected Baekhyun's love because of Chanyeol. Will it be worth it?

Baekhyun and Sooyoung want to stop the wedding of Chanyeol and Taeyeon. Will they succeed?

Ah....

I wrote a one shot starring uri Shikshin princess, Sooyoung and EXO-M's leader Krisus.

Not forgetting my bias Taeyeon and the cute deer Luhan are also included in the story as a side pairing.

Check it out if you want to :P

FIRST LOVE

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/566376/first-love-sooyoung-taeyeon-luhan-kris-sookris-exoshidae-lutae