Destiny

*ExoTaeng OneShots & Short Ongoings*

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpY1PB4O8veYPK6epQIxq

Taeyeon says:

He was always right next to me.

So I thought I definitely wouldn’t ever in my whole lifetime fall in love with him.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1dBhItuqIr1T7V4PV2pC

Sehun says:

Do you know how many years I’ve had an unrequited love?

Even if I die, I won’t separate from you.

My soul will always stay by your side, regardless of what will happen in the future.

 

 

“I don’t think that you really love me, Taeyeon. You never have the same feeling as I have for you. Let’s break up.”

 

Speechless. Flabbergasted. Disappointed.

 

Yeah, that was her feeling at that moment.

 

Taeyeon doesn’t know how many umpteenth times she heard those words. Her mind was blank; she can barely digest those words anymore. She just wanna puke each time she heard the guy that she had a special relationship uttered the word break up, she doesn’t love him as much as he loves her and etc.

 

It felt like a dejavu all over again.

 

She tilted her head down, face clearly written with depression. She didn’t know how to response to his sudden break up decision.

 

How could this happen to me once again? Why can’t I have a normal love story like Tiffany and Seunghyun or perhaps Yuri and Tao? Or even Jessica and Taecyeon? Am I really a jinx when it comes to relationship? Why can’t I have a fluffy, mushy, corny love story like every other girl?

 

Choi Siwon left after Taeyeon was too numbed to even response to his decision. It’s better that way, Kim Taeyeon. At least you don’t have to beg him like a shameless girl just for the sake of your sinking relationship.

 

Why? Why did he feel like I don’t love him? I do love him, beyond doubt. If not, I wouldn’t agree to be his girlfriend. It was a common sense for effing’s sake.

 

Haish… Whatever. Maybe this was fated. He wasn’t meant for me and I wasn’t meant for him. There’s plenty of fish in the sea. You’ll find someone who’ll love you, accept you for who you are and cherish you more than anything in this world, Kim Taeyeon. Have faith!

 

*

 

“Oh Sehunnnn….” Taeyeon said in a depressing tone.

 

“Yah, noona.  Will you stop entering other people’s room so naturally? And what’s with that depressing voice of yours?”

 

Oh Sehun. My childhood friend. He’s 5 years younger than me. He’s like the little brother that I’ve never had. Every single time that I feel like the world would come crushing down on me or if I feel like I’m lost in the darkness; he is the one who can bring back the light into my world and give me hope that everything is gonna be fine.

 

“And that face… Were you dumped again?” Sehun said as he took off his t-shirt in front of her.

 

“Well, rather than being dumped, I was told I can’t go out with you anymore.” Yeah, right, Kim Taeyeon. You big fat liar! You’re dumped again for god forsaken nth time.

 

Sehun scoffed. His hand threw his t-shirt on the bed. “I agree. You can be a total pain in the sometimes.”

 

“Yah! How could you say that to noona!” She said as she made herself comfortable on the couch.

 

“So, what did you like about him this time?” Sehun opened his wardrobe and grabbed a new white t-shirt for him to wear.

 

“Urm… I guess his height.”

 

“Just that?” Sehun jerked his eyebrows, obviously disbelief upon hearing his noona’s words. “Say… I’ve thought about this like I don’t know, countless of times. But why are your love always so specific, noona?”

 

“Because they say they like me? I think it’s only fitting that I like my partner as well. Erm… Something like that I guess.”

 

“Or rather, is that the only reason? Because they say that they like you, so you feel like you have the obligation to reciprocate that feeling? Seriously noona?” Sehun said before he slumped himself on his bed.

 

Speechless once again for the second times today. Sehun’s word made me think about the real reason why I was in a relationship with those guys.

 

Frankly speaking, things like he’s tall and seems like he’ll protect me against all odds, that his arms are slightly muscular or he looks at me with straight-forward eyes while speaking, until now, all the guys I’ve gone out with, the reasons I liked them were small things such as their bodies. But heck, I definitely thought that I liked them but why on earth should I be dumped with the same reason all over again? It’s like a freaking cycle that I can’t escape even if I want to. Urgh! This is making me annoyed to the max!

 

Sehun suddenly get up from the bed and approached Taeyeon that was drowning deep in her thoughts. He sat next to Taeyeon and looked deep inside her orbs.

 

“Say noona, am I about the same height as the guy that dumped you today?”

 

Sehun’s voice flipped Taeyeon back into reality. She glanced to her side and saw Sehun’s serious face. “Well….”

 

“So won’t I do huh?”

 

Eyes rolled. Jaws dropped. Forehead creased.

 

“What the heck is that, Oh Sehun? Are you making fun of me? Gosh! To fall for a guy that I’ve known since I was a kid? Hell no! Never in a million years! Plus, you’re too young for me. Nope.”

 

Silence. Sehun was still plastered with his serious face.

 

“Sehun, stop it! It’s giving me the creep.” Taeyeon said with her arms folded together like she was shivering out of fear.

 

Sehun let out a sigh. Taeyeon-ah, can’t you see that I like you?

 

“Yah, I’m leaving Oh Sehun. You’re too creepy for me to handle today.” Taeyeon stood up from the sofa and dashed out from Sehun’s room.

 

“I see. I guess my love for you is too invisible. You can’t even notice or sense that you’re the one who hold the key to my heart, Kim Taeyeon.” Sehun closed his eyes, head shook from left to right.

 

*

 

“Hey, Taeng, alone today? Where’s Sehun?” Jessica asked when she saw Taeyeon took a sit next to her at the café.

 

Hearing Sehun’s name made her remembered what happened yesterday.

 

“So, won’t I do huh?”

 

Crap! Stop thinking about that Taeyeon. It’s nothing. Like you don’t know how Sehun is. He must be playing a prank on you. Erase those words from your mind. Erase them!

 

“Yo, earth to Taeyeon!” Jessica’s voice snapped Taeyeon from her deep monologue.

 

“Err… Sehun… He… He’s not coming with me today. I guess he’s stuck somewhere with his fan girls.”

 

Sehun is a kingka. Tons of girls would kill just to be his girlfriend. But shockingly, that kiddo never showed any interest to any girls. Sometimes, I even questioned if he’s a gay or straight guy.

 

“Yah, noona! How could you leave me alone with those scary fan girls? They almost suffocated me.” Sehun suddenly popped out of nowhere. He took off his sling beg and put it on the table before he slumped himself on the chair.

 

“Hahaha… at least you’re still alive and breathing. So, I’m not at fault for leaving you alone.” Taeyeon giggled which made Sehun shot death glare to his noona.

 

Jessica burst out laughing when she saw SeYeon’s moment. Haish… when will this two be a couple? I can’t believe that they still haven’t changed the status of noona-dongsaeng after all this while. Aigoo… I should take my leave and let this two spend their time together.

 

“Hey, I’m going first. My class is going to start soon. Sehun, Taeyeon, bye.” She grabbed her notes and made her way to the Drama Department, leaving Sehun and Taeyeon alone.

 

“Bye, Sica.” Taeyeon said before taking a sip of her lemon ice tea.

 

“Noona, why did you leave me? Usually you would wait for me and save me from those mad fan girls.”

 

“Duh… it’s your fault of course. Why did you say such weird stuff yesterday?”

 

Sehun placed a hand under his chin as he leaned forward to face Taeyeon. “Which part of it was weird?”

 

“The part where you said so won’t I do huh?”

 

“Hurm… It’s not weird at all. Is it because you can’t accept me because we’re childhood friends? Because I’m like a dongsaeng to you? Or because I’m a chocolate bubble tea addict?”

 

Taeyeon slipped a laugh between her lips. “So, you’re a bubble tea addict huh? How come I didn’t know about that?”

 

Sehun didn’t say anything. He was plastered with his poker face, making it hard for Taeyeon to interpret what was playing in his mind.

 

Oh Sehun, what the hell is wrong with you? Since the other day, what the heck is this?

 

*

 

“Noona, shouldn't you go home at a time like this? It’s almost 11 pm.”

 

“Ah, yes. I was too gloomy to even notice about time now.” Taeyeon tilted her head down, avoiding seeing Sehun’s face.

 

Sehun let out a light laughter. “Noona, you must have flop your Economy quiz this evening right?”

 

Hearing Sehun mentioned about her disastrous nightmare Economy quiz made Taeyeon’s blood boiled. “Yah, you don’t have to rub it on my face, kiddo.” She smacked his shoulders as hard as she can until Sehun groaned due to the pain.

 

“Ah, noona. Stop it! Stop it! I’m sorry.” Sehun pleaded for Taeyeon’s mercy.

 

“Fine. I let you off the hook this time.” But before Taeyeon could take another step away from Sehun, he immediately locked his left arm around her neck, making the girl stayed put.

 

“Noona, if you think you could bully me like old timea, you’re making a big mistake. I’ll seek revenge.” He said as he playfully tried to choke Taeyeon with his arm.

 

“Hahhahaha…. Finally, my Sehunnie is back to normal. I understand already Sehun. You’re not my kid brother that used to be bully anymore. So let go off me.”

 

Silence. Sehun didn’t remove his hand from Taeyeon’s neck.

 

“Hey, Sehun, cut it out.”

 

Still motionless. Instead of letting go, Sehun wrapped his hand more tighter around her neck, almost like he was hugging her.

 

“Sehun…”

 

Sehun didn’t move and so did Taeyeon. Basically, they were in that position for a while. Sehun’s heart was beating rapidly and he felt like his heart would jump out from his chest any moment from now.

 

Crap! What the hell am I doing? Why did I hug Taeyeon? ! I’m making things awkward more than before. Sehun-ah, let go! Let go!

 

“Urm, I’m starving. I need to go to the convenience shop. Fast!” He finally found the strength to let Taeyeon off from his embrace.

 

“Eh???” Taeyeon looked at Sehun, giving him her ‘what-the-hell-is-going-on-here’ look.

 

“Ah, noona. Tomorrow, I’ll have my band practice with Kai, Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and D.O. I guess you don’t have to wait for me at the college. Just go straight to my house okay. You’re coming tomorrow right?”

 

“Urm… Yeah.”

 

Awkward vibe began to creep between them.

 

“Then…”

 

“Good night. Be careful.” Taeyeon cut Sehun off before he could even finished his sentence.

 

She walked away from Sehun, leaving him behind with a mixed feeling deep inside her heart.

 

For an instant, I thought Sehun was hugging me. Yah! There’s no way right? I’m just imagining things right? Oh, gosh! What the hell is this? And ! Why do I feel like my cheeks are burning? Crap! This can’t be happening! Andwae!!

 

*

 

“Haish, Sehun sure is late today.” Taeyeon grumbled as she leaned her back against the sofa. “Geez, how long is he going to keep me waiting?” She yawned and before she knew it, her eyes closed, sending her straight to her dream land.

 

Not long after that, Sehun finally wrapped up his band practice. He reached home and went straight to his room.

 

“Sorry, I’m late noona. Suho hyung was being a strict ajussi today.” He said as he turned the door knob. Surprisingly, he saw the love of his life, sleeping on the couch peacefully with her back against the couch. He walked nearer to where she was and settled down next to her.

 

You know what Taeyeon, even when you’re sleeping, you still have that glowing effect around you that made my heart beat wildly. He leaned forward and touched the strands of her hair, pushing them so that he could see her face clearly.

 

Taeyeon, upon feeling a warm touch immediately woke up from her deep slumber. She opened her eyes and shockingly she saw Sehun’s face like only a few inches away from her face.

 

Gulped. What the hell?

 

“I’m back, noona.”

 

Why is it when I’m with Sehun my heart is… Thud… Thud… Thud… I could hear my heart ran crazy, beat chaotically like I just finished running a 15km marathon. Why is his face so close to mine? Why am I feeling like all the blood in my circulation is rushing straight to my face?

 

“Geez, Sehun.” Gulped. “You woke me up, you know. Also, you didn’t do anything funny when I was asleep right?” Smirk. Oh, please don’t let me blush.

 

“What would you do if I had?” Poker face.

 

And that made Taeyeon gulped for the third time.

 

“What would you do?” Again Sehun asked.

 

What is this, Oh Sehun?

 

“Of course I did nothing noona. Don’t worry.” Smile.

 

Why are you saying all these things Oh Sehun? Since that day, since you said that ‘Won’t I do’, it seems like the balance is breaking down. Everything is falling apart. When we’re together, it’s uncomfortable. I hate that Sehun. Seriously I do.

 

Out of the blue, Sehun leaned forward, almost to the point of kissing Taeyeon’s lips.

 

“Impossible. Stop this, Sehun. Doing this thing with you, it’s unimaginable.”

 

I wanna go back to the way it should be. Not like this Sehun. Not like how things are crumbling between us.

 

Sehun immediately stopped his action. I guessed she never had any feeling for me. Just let the flame dies, Sehun. Enough is enough.

 

“I… I… understand.” He stuttered. “Then, I’ll stop being your childhood friend. I’ll stop being your kid brother.” He backed off from Taeyeon, distancing himself from her.

 

Jaws dropped. What is that? What the hell are you talking about Oh Sehun?  So you don’t want anything to do with me anymore? Why does it come to this? Why can’t we stay the way we are, just like before?

 

Sehun stood up from the couch, grabbed his bag pack and left the room.

 

And that action made Taeyeon cried her heart out.

 

Sehun-ah, do we have to separate?

 

*

 

“I see…” Jessica took a bite of her fruit salad. “So, Sehun is a bubble tea addict. What a surprise.”

 

“Urgh, Sica! That’s not the point here. Are you saying that on purpose? Focus please! Help me out here. I seriously don’t know what to do.” Taeyeon put her face on the table, eyes puffed because too much tears gushing out last night.

 

“Say, Taeng, don’t you like Sehun?”

 

Taeyeon sighed. “Well, that’s… If you asked me to choose between I like him or hate him, my answer would be I like him… But…”

 

“So, you do like Sehun huh?”

 

“But that’s only because he’s my childhood friend. He’s like my kid brother Sica. So, I don’t know if I like him like ‘I like like him’ or whatsoever. But why do we have to separate because of it?”

 

Jessica shook her head. She put down the fork and fixated her orbs towards Taeyeon.

 

“You seriously are clueless, aren’t you, Taeng?”

 

Eyebrows jerked. “Meaning?”

 

“What kind of like have you felt for those you’ve like like until now?”

 

Silence. Taeyeon put on her thinking face.

 

What kind of like like huh? Things like he’s tall, or his arms are slightly muscular or he looks at me with straight-forward eyes while speaking… Aren’t all those Sehun? Oh my freaking gosh!

 

 “Sica, I like like Sehun.” She blurted out.

 

“Geez! For crying out loud! Took you long enough to realize that.”

 

*

 

“Suho, have you seen Sehun?”

 

“Sehun? I think he went to hang out somewhere with Kai.”

 

“Okay. Thanks.”

 

I quickly left Suho and went directly to Sehun’s house. Now I understand crystal clear. All of them, all the guys that I’ve like, they resembled Sehun. That’s why I was always dumped for the same reason. I can’t love them the way they loved me because my love already belongs to Sehun. It was I who was too foolish to even realize that.

 

*

 

“Yo, stalker noona. What are you doing in front of my house? Why didn’t you go in?” Sehun said when he saw Taeyeon sitting in front of the gate of his house. Gosh! This girl is really an expert in making me worried sick. It’s windy and chilly and she dared to sit in front of my house like this? She’s going to get sick sooner or later.

 

“Huh? Who’s stalker noona? Me?” Taeyeon lifted her head, looking straight to Sehun’s face.

 

“Yeah, you. Who else is here?” Sarcastic tone. “Do you have some business with just a friend?”

 

“You’re wrong.” She stood up, cleaning the dirt on her skirt. “We’re no longer friends.”

 

He scoffed. “No longer friends? Then, what are we, Kim Taeyeon? Strangers?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Then what?”

 

“First and foremost, I would like to say I’m sorry. I thought that it was impossible for me to be in love with you, Oh Sehun.  Until now, we’re always together, so I couldn’t imagine such an outrages relationship with you… but now I noticed that I always fell in love with guys that only resemble you. That’s why, now I finally understand, the one that I’ve always love is you actually, Oh Sehun.”

 

Deep breath. Say it Taeyeon! Say it to him!

 

“I don’t want to be separated from you, Oh Sehun! I wanna be with you!” She shouted, declaring her inner feeling.

 

Poker face.

 

“Did you think that I had separated from you?”

 

“Yeah, because you said you’ll stop being my childhood friend. You’ll stop being my kid brother.”

 

Sehun sighed. Kim Taeyeon, you’ll be the death of me. Aigoo~

 

“If the only reasons why we couldn’t pass the point of being a couple because I’m your childhood friend and kid brother, then I’ll rather be a total stranger for you.” He pulled Taeyeon closer to him and landed a kiss straight onto her lips.

 

Their lips met one another for quite a while before Sehun finally ended the kiss. Taeyeon was flabbergasted, her eyes couldn’t even blink. She felt like her cheeks were blossomed with scarlet red, almost like someone had put on some blusher on her cheeks.

 

“Sorry, but you can’t get rid of me that easily from your life. Do you know how many years I’ve had an unrequited love? Even if I die, I won’t separate from you. My soul will always stay by your side, regardless of what will happen in the future.”

 

Taeyeon curved a smile on her lips. “Good. That’s just what I want.”

 

“Ohhh, really?” Jerked eyebrows.

 

“You bet I do.”

 

“I love you, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

“I know that already, Oh Sehun.” She wrapped her arms around his neck, pushing his head down, so that his forehead met hers. “And I’m glad to confess that I like like you too.”

 

The. End.

 


Critics and comments are highly appreciated. >.<