Hidden feelings

Imperfect

 He hoped everything will get normal soon. He wished that everything was a dream but unfortunately his wishes were too hard for God to give what he wanted. Sunggyu sighed bitterly before shifting himself on the sofa. His eyes were still on the magazine which he never intended to read but for the sake of too much free time he blankly read whatever books he had in the apartment.

 

It had been two weeks since the day he had been admitted and it wasn’t long after he checked out of the hospital. Even though, Sunggyu’s and Woohyun’s relation was still the same but Sunggyu could sense something was changing between them. Time, yeah that was something that scared Sunggyu.

These days, it was rare for Woohyun to come home early or spend time with Sunggyu. The older couldn’t hide the fact that he was hurt when Woohyun forced him to stay home because of his health. It wasn’t botheration for Sunggyu at the first place but what was the point of staying home when his husband was busy working or actually busy giving Myungsoo nice treatments like he usually did.

Sunggyu rolled in eyes- annoyed by that truth. Woohyun never admitted that he always visited Myungsoo at the hospital because he didn’t want to feel guilty over Sunggyu’s sadness but still Sunggyu could see through him. Sunggyu wondered where Woohyun’s promise to tell him everything was. Was it too hard for Woohyun to inform Sunggyu if he wanted to give Myungsoo a visit? A simple text message won’t hurt. At least Sunggyu didn’t have to stay up all night, worried sick about his husband.

It was undeniably true that Sunggyu waited every single night for Woohyun. How can he not be worried when Woohyun always came home at midnight without informing him anything? What made Sunggyu confused was Woohyun will surely avoid his questions when he came back home. Why must Woohyun treat him like this when he wasn’t strong enough to go through his pregnancy? Woohyun was still oblivious about the fact and looking at Woohyun’s attitude towards him, maybe it was the right choice to keep everything a secret from Woohyun.

“How’s work today?” A question slipped out Sunggyu’s mouth and followed by a bitter smile towards Woohyun who just came home.

“Like usual.” Only that Woohyun answered.

Sunggyu hid his pain like he always did and glimpsed at the clock. 12.45 am. He smiled bitterly because he already get used to Woohyun’s new habit ; that is coming home very late and the next day when Sunggyu wakes up Woohyun will already go to the company.

“Did you eat yet? I can heat the food if you want to.” Sunggyu offered but his pace towards the kitchen was halted completely when his ears caught a cold respond from Woohyun.

“No need.” Woohyun uttered before leaving Sunggyu dumbfounded there as he made his way to the room.  

What more Sunggyu could say? It stung his heart because Woohyun suddenly changed. The old caring Woohyun already vanished in thin air and Sunggyu didn’t know why Woohyun was acting that way. He knew Woohyun won’t like him staying in the room so he just stayed on the sofa, leaning his back against the sofa.

A frown formed on Sunggyu’s visage when he saw Woohyun came out of the room after a few minutes holding his car keys in his hand. He’s going out? But he just came home. Questions were aligned in his head now, waiting to be asked towards Woohyun but only a question came out from his mouth.

“Where’re you going?”

“Myungsoo’s place.”

His answer hit Sunggyu and he felt his legs trembled to just hear that answer from Woohyun’s mouth. Before Woohyun could get out of the house, Sunggyu stopped his pace by his question again.

“But…what for? It’s already midnight.” Worried was traced in his voice but Woohyun ignored that. Instead, he felt annoyed with Sunggyu’s question.

“Can’t you stop sticking out your nose into my problem?!” Sunggyu flinched at Woohyun’s voice. It was the first time Woohyun scolded him.

“S-sorry…I didn’t mean to…” Sunggyu was badly hurt as he kept his eyes glued on the floor.

Woohyun slightly sighed, knowing he must hurt Sunggyu. It wasn’t like he wanted to scold Sunggyu but everything was a headache now. He didn’t know who to trust.

“I won’t come home tonight so don’t wait for me.” Woohyun said before leaving Sunggyu there. Tears were b in his eyes and he couldn’t hold them back anymore. What did he do wrong until Woohyun treat him so badly? He needed someone. Yes, he wasn’t strong to endure this. It was too painful. With his hands shaking, he dialed a number.

*****

 

 

 Woohyun bit his lower lips as he tighten his grip on the wheel. Guilt was conquering him when his head kept on replaying the scene just now. He knew he shouldn’t scold Sunggyu like that but the anger building inside his heart was too much for him to handle.

What Myungsoo told him last week was very hard for him to believe.  But Woohyun couldn’t deny when Myungsoo stated that Woohyun didn’t know Sunggyu very well. It was true that Woohyun only live with Sunggyu about four months already and that short time wasn’t enough for him to know about Sunggyu fully. He didn’t even know whose Sunggyu’s friends so Myungsoo’s assumption about Sunggyu could be true.

He didn’t know who to trust now. He knew Myungsoo since he was a kid and there was no way Myungsoo would lie to him. But Sunggyu…he loved that person so damn much until it killed him to think Sunggyu could do something like that to him.

He pulled his car beside the road as these thoughts were giving him a slight headache. He sighed before massaging his temples. A smile suddenly engraved on his face when he remembered how lucky he was to have Sunggyu everyday he came home because the older will volunteer himself to give Woohyun a massage. For 4 months staying with Sunggyu, never once Sunggyu let him down.

“I love you Woohyun…” Sunggyu’s voice kept on ringing in his ears.

He closed his eyes as he couldn’t take it anymore. What have I done? I hurt the person that I love the most! Woohyun face-palmed himself. He knew he shouldn’t trust rumor so quickly plus Woohyun never had proof about Sunggyu’s bad attitude.

Knowing Sunggyu must be crying at home alone, he started his car and headed home with only intention to apologize to him. The calls he received from Myungsoo was ignored by him completely. Sunggyu was the one thing he cared now.

---

 

 

“Gyu…” Woohyun’s eyes were widened when he came into the house. His hands were trembling to see Sunggyu was in someone else’s hands.

What more shocking was, Sunggyu let that person to hold his waist and he gladly rested his head on his chest. Woohyun couldn’t see that person’s face clearly until Sunggyu turned his sight to Woohyun, who was completely shocked.

“Woohyun..” Sunggyu’s voice was husky due to his sobs and his cheeks were wet.

Sunggyu pushed that person slightly and Woohyun could only hold his anger when that person was no other than Lee Howon. Howon didn’t say anything. Instead, he glared at Woohyun for treating Sunggyu so bad like this.

“I left you for less than 30 minutes and here you are cuddling with another guy?” Woohyun cynically smirked as he was pissed off.

Howon and Sunggyu could only express their startled faces because they never thought that Woohyun will think about them like that. It was true that maybe just maybe Howon was overreacting for hugging Sunggyu like that but they knew each other very well and only Howon was the place for Sunggyu to tell about his problems.

“You got it all wrong, Hyun..” Sunggyu’s voice sounded like pleading because he knew Woohyun must be really mad at him.

“No, Kim Sunggyu. I see enough already.” Woohyun stated. “What Myungsoo told me was true all along. You cheated behind me!”

“W-what?” Sunggyu couldn’t believe his eyes that Myungsoo would be so heartless to saying something ridiculous to Woohyun.

“I still couldn’t believe that all along you are cheating with your own partner.” Woohyun glared at Howon before stomping out of the house.

Sunggyu moved his feet to catch Woohyun but Howon grabbed his hand, preventing him from going towards Woohyun.

“Let me go, Hoya! He got it wrong! I need to explain to him.”

“Explain to him? And then what? Let him accuse you being a cheater again?” Howon tighten his grip on Sunggyu’s hand. “Let him cool down first hyung…please…I don’t want you to get hurt.”

Sunggyu couldn’t say a word. Instead he cried his heart out. Again, Howon could only hug Sunggyu to console him but it looked like it will take forever to make Sunggyu feel better. After crying for about an hour, Sunggyu was already dried of tears. His body weakened and soon, he fell asleep. Hoya tucked the elder to bed gently, almost afraid that a sound of a step might wake him up.

He sighed as his hand was Sunggyu’s wet cheek. It hurt Hoya to see Sunggyu in pain like this. He held his hand, hoping that his warmth can make Sunggyu feel much better.

“Woohyun..I’m..sorry...” Those words were mumbled by Sunggyu in his sleep and Howon bit his lower lips-hurt.

Why hyung? Why must you remember that er after what he did to you? He doesn’t deserve you, Sunggyu hyung…I can take care of you much better than him, hyung. But…why can’t you see me? Why can’t you realize my feelings for you?

Howon couldn’t hide the fact that he fallen in love with Sunggyu a long time ago but Sunggyu never realized it. He only treated Howon like a friend. Nothing more and nothing less. He lowered his face only to place a warm kiss on Sunggyu’s forehead.

“Give me a chance hyung…I’ll treat you better than everyone else.”

---

ll A/N : I think this was the last chapter that I wrote back then, so the next one will be the new chapter. The next update will be late, I mean really late because I'm in my final exams. ll