Start of a lie

Imperfect

The moment those words slipped from Sunggyu’s lips, Woohyun shifted his eyes immediately to Sunggyu because he was shocked. He couldn’t hide the fact he was mad now but he knew he couldn’t scold Sunggyu due to Sunggyu’s weak condition. Slowly, he pushed Sunggyu away from his embrace only to face the older properly, locking their eyes to continue this conversation.

“Baby, don’t you say like that.” Woohyun said, Sunggyu’s cheek slightly. “It’s not like I don’t want to have a child, but I don’t want to have a child yet, Gyu.”

“But why?” Sunggyu asked him as if they never have this conversation before. Woohyun sighed hearing Sunggyu’s question. Sunggyu always got this wrong. Woohyun always wanted a child but not now.

“Listen to me Gyu. It’s impossible for us to take care of the child if we have one now. You know how busy the two of us. There’s no way we could have a child when we’re busy working, baby.” Sunggyu could keep his head down because he really wants a child with Woohyun.

“I can quit my work, Namu so please le-“

“Sunggyu!” Woohyun raised his voice, flinching the older. “We’re not having this conversation again, you got me?” Woohyun knew he should shout at Sunggyu but sometimes, Sunggyu’s words could get on his nerve.

“Fine.” Sunggyu answered simply. “I’m fine if you don’t want a child yet, Woohyun but from now on, please keep your to your pants.” He said before leaving Woohyun at the living room.

“Baby~” Woohyun whined as Sunggyu was being unreasonable. He tailed the older into their bedroom and stopped him by hugging Sunggyu from his back. “Don’t be mad, please?”

“I’m not mad.” Sunggyu was obviously denying the fact that he felt like kicking Woohyun’s now.

“Come on baby, I’m sorry but please understand me.” Woohyun tried to soothe him. He simply couldn’t imagine having a child so early plus they were still young.

“I understand you, Woohyun so I suggest you understand me too.” Sunggyu’s words caused Woohyun to frown as he was confused.

“Understand you on what?” Woohyun asked.

“On stop having .”

“Baby~” Woohyun whined, causing Sunggyu to smile. Woohyun took this as a punishment but actually Sunggyu was really serious about this.

“I’m serious here Nam Woohyun.” Sunggyu said as he turned around to face Woohyun. Woohyun may take this as a joke but Sunggyu wasn’t playing around here. Seeing Sunggyu’s serious face, Woohyun could sense this is the real thing.

“But...why? Baby, you know you can’t do that. We’re legally married here.” Woohyun didn’t know what was in Sunggyu’s head.

“I know that but also I know the fact that you don’t want to have a child with me yet.’ Sunggyu’s tone was a bit annoyed when he uttered the word ‘yet’. “I don’t want to take those pills anymore. It’s giving me headaches as its side-effects.”  Sunggyu was sick of taking birth control pills already to prevent him from getting pregnant.

Woohyun knew he couldn’t decline this because Sunggyu was suffering about this. In the end, he made out his own way to get out of this problem.

“Fine baby, stop taking those pills, but still we’re not stopping in making loves. I’ll be crazy if I don’t have with you. I guess I have no choice but to use condoms later on.” Woohyun sighed.

“You should use that in the first place than forcing me to take the pills, jerk.” Sunggyu kicked Woohyun’s shin slightly.

“Aww stop being mad. My baby won’t be cute anymore if he’s mad.” Woohyun playfully pinched Sunggyu’s cheeks, earning a pout from Sunggyu. He pecked on Sunggyu’s lips before saying,

“Let’s go to bed, baby. You looked tired.” Again. Woohyun was worried about Sunggyu. He wanted to coax Sunggyu to go for a check-up but he suppressed the act because he let Sunggyu to go to sleep first. They did go to sleep together but something did happen tonight.

Sharp at 2 am, Woohyun shook Sunggyu’s body slightly only to wake Sunggyu up. The older did wake up but ended up frowning because this will be the first time Woohyun woke him up in the middle of the night. Guessing that it must be something important, he pulled himself into a sitting position.

“What’s wrong, Hyunnie?” He asked, voice sounded sleepy as he rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands.

“Baby, I have some works to do at the company. Something show up there and only I can solve it. I think I need to go to the company now.”

“Now?” Sunggyu asked as he glimpsed at the clock.

“Yeah..” Woohyun nodded.

“Sure. Just be careful okay?” Sunggyu couldn’t stop Woohyun though he really wanted Woohyun to stay with him tonight. He has responsibility to the company and Sunggyu couldn’t complain about that.

“I will.” Woohyun smiled, planting a kiss on Sunggyu’s lips before changing his clothes.

Before Woohyun could go out from the room, his pace was halted when he heard Sunggyu’s voice, calling for him.

“Woohyun ah…”

“Yes baby?”

“Come home fast please…” Sunggyu was always scared to be at home alone. Usually, he will be with Woohyun at the home and never once he sleeps without Woohyun ever since their marriage. Woohyun could only nod and smile bitterly. He didn’t dare to answer because he couldn’t promise anything to Sunggyu upon that matter.

When Woohyun left the house, Sunggyu couldn’t sleep. In his heart, bad feelings were overwhelming and he was thinking of Woohyun 24/7. He tried calling for Woohyun only to ask him whether he arrived to the company or not yet but no one pick the phone. Sunggyu couldn’t help himself from being worried towards his husband. What if something bad happen to Woohyun?

The older quickly shook the thought off. He took Woohyun’s shirt and hugged it tight. He could smell Woohyun’s scent on the shirt. Strawberry. Yeah, that is what Woohyun smells like. He forcedly shut his eyes to sleep with Woohyun’s scent, but it wasn’t the same. It wasn’t the same feeling of sleeping on the same bed as Woohyun. Even though Woohyun left for only an hour already, but Sunggyu was missing him like crazy. He felt like going to Woohyun’s company now only to see his husband but he pushed away the urge because he didn’t want to get overboard on this.

So much he wanted to sleep, he couldn’t. He ended up waiting for Woohyun to come home. He waited and waited until the clock needle showed the time was sharp at 6 am and still Woohyun was not home. Just before he could call Sungyeol to check on Woohyun at the company, he could hear the sound of the door unlocking. Sunggyu smiled at Woohyun, who just got back. The smile turned out very weak but it was sincere.

“Baby…” Woohyun was surprised to see Sunggyu at the living room.

“Hi?” Sunggyu said to him, greeting his husband with a smile.

“Don’t say you didn’t sleep all night?” Woohyun was worried if this happened.

Reading on Woohyun’s expression, he knew what Woohyun was thinking and he didn’t want to be a burden to Woohyun again. He shook his head as a ‘no’ and took this as a white lie.

“No honey. I just woke up.” He lied because he couldn’t tell the truth that he forced himself to wake up only to wait for Woohyun.

“Ahh..” Woohyun heaved out a relief sigh mentally. Woohyun excused himself to the bathroom for a shower. He stated that he needed to go the company like usual later on and Sunggyu still didn’t tell Woohyun that he was suspended. But he won’t tell Woohyun. If he did, Woohyun will not let him out of their house. So he didn’t say a word about that to Woohyun. He really wanted to go to the hospital later on to give Howon his clothes back and maybe gave Myungsoo a visit.

*****

 

 

Sunggyu yawned for more than 10 times now and he was pretty damn sleepy. Now, he only wanted to give Myungsoo a quick visit and take a long nap at home later on. When he walked into the ward, Myungsoo smiled at him, which was weird. Sunggyu noticed that sometimes Myungsoo didn’t even smile at him until Sunggyu thinks that Myungsoo didn’t like him.

“How are you feeling?” Sunggyu asked, sitting on the chair beside the bed.

“Much better.” Myungsoo’s answer was simple.

“I’m glad then.” Sunggyu said.

The two of them talked for a while though it turned out very awkwardly. The atmosphere in the air was thick though they were talking. When Sunggyu excused himself to go home, his pace halted when Myungsoo thanked him for something.

“Sunggyu hyung, thank you for last night.”

Sunggyu frowned to hear Myungsoo’s words. He didn’t remember helping Myungsoo so why was he thanking him and what was with the last night. Sunggyu mentally asking Myungsoo, pleading him to explain what was he talking about.

“Thank you for letting Woohyun hyung accompanied me last night. I’m sorry for calling Woohyun in the middle of the night, but I was really scared being here alone so I called him.” Sunggyu was speechless. He didn’t see this coming. He could only fake a smile and hide his broken heart now.

“You’re welcome.” Sunggyu pretended to know everything. He closed the door of the ward, biting his lower lips. He couldn’t believe it. Woohyun lied to him for the first time? So..this is your ‘work’, Nam Woohyun?