His entire fault

Imperfect

Luck was on their side when there was enough blood supply for Myungsoo. Howon had a hard time performing the surgery because somehow, he could see Sunggyu was a bit distracted for a reason. His pale face made Howon had no choice but to dismiss him from the surgery. Sunggyu felt bad for letting Howon doing it alone so he stayed in the surgery room, helping Howon. It took them about 3 hours and finally Myungsoo was at a stable state.

Now, Sungyeol and Woohyun could only mentally heave out a relief sigh seeing Myungsoo still unconscious on the bed. Woohyun couldn’t think of a reason on why Myungsoo could be so reckless about this, but for Sungyeol, he had a pretty good idea why Myungsoo was so stupid to attempt suicide. It was all because of Nam Woohyun.

“Is he okay now?” Sungyeol asked Howon, who just came into the ward to check on Myungsoo’s condition.

“Yes. You don’t have to worry. He’s in a stable condition but I have to warn that if he attempts the suicide again, there’s a high possibility that he will die. Did anyone of you know that he had Thrombocytopenia?”

“Thrombohuha what?” Sungyeol blinked his eyes several times.

“Thrombocytopenia choding.” Woohyun helped him out. “But isn’t that a disease of having a low amount of platelets in blood?”

 “Yes.” Howon nodded.

“Whoa! I never knew you’re so smart about this.” Sungyeol complimented Woohyun on that.

“Well I am married to a doctor.” Woohyun chuckled because he always learned many type of diseases thanks to Sunggyu. The older will always tell Woohyun everything that happened in the hospital, including his patients.

“It means that Myungsoo can’t get hurt because if he did, it will be a hard time to treat the wound.” Howon explained, suggesting them to keep an eye on Myungsoo so he won’t kill himself again.

Sungyeol decided to stay there until Myungsoo woke up. Woohyun wanted to do the same thing but Sungyeol declined his plan. He wanted to be the first person who talks to Myungsoo though Sungyeol knew Myungsoo must want Woohyun beside him. But he had to be the one, because only he knew the reason to Myungsoo’s stupid acts and he simply didn’t want to tell Woohyun about this.

“But Yeol, I wan-“

“Your friend is right, Woohyun.” Howon cut off Woohyun’s words because there was something he needed to do. Woohyun shifted his eyes on Howon as he knew Howon had something to tell him. “You should take a look at Sunggyu now. He seemed a bit pale in the surgery room.”

Hearing Howon’s words, Woohyun completely changed his mind of wanting to wait for Myungsoo to wake up. Of course he cared about Myungsoo but in the same time he was worried about Sunggyu. He made the choice to have responsibility on Sunggyu in the first place and he will never let anything happened to Sunggyu. Woohyun agreed on that. He excused himself but before he went out of the ward, he reminded Sungyeol.

“Call me when he wakes up okay?”

Sungyeol bitterly smiled and nodded towards Woohyun’s words.

Woohyun went to Sunggyu’s office room, only to find the older taking a nap on the couch. Just like Howon’s words, Sunggyu looked so pale and tired. Woohyun smiled, eyeing on the sleeping figure. He crouched beside the couch and caressed Sunggyu’s cheek. Knowing they should be going home now, Woohyun slowly called out for Sunggyu’s name.

“Sunggyu, wake up baby.”

Every time Sunggyu caught Woohyun’s voice, he will willingly open his eyes. The moment his eyes greeted Woohyun’s figure, he would smile. How can he not smile to see his own husband?

“How’s Myungsoo?” Sunggyu asked, sitting on the couch and let Woohyun sat beside him.

“Still unconscious.” Woohyun sighed.

Hearing that sigh, Sunggyu knew Woohyun must be tired today. He knew his husband had a lot of meetings today and to hear the news that his best friend tried to kill himself must be really shocking to him.

“Honey, are you tired?” Sunggyu asked, eyeing on Woohyun.

Woohyun could only nod because he couldn’t hide it. He still couldn’t find the reason why Myungsoo tried to kill himself.

“Sleep here.” Sunggyu patted on his lap, gesturing Woohyun to lay his head on his lap and Woohyun did.

The older was his hair, hoping that Woohyun won’t feel so burden about this matter. Woohyun eyed on Sunggyu. He didn’t know why but he just loved staring at Sunggyu. He slowly brought his hand on Sunggyu’s face, tracing his fingers on Sunggyu’s pale cheek.

“Baby, you look so pale.” Woohyun commented. He didn’t know why Sunggyu looked like he was tired all the time.

Sunggyu could only smile because he couldn’t answer. Even he didn’t know the reason. He took Woohyun’s hand and kissed his hand. Woohyun felt so bad now. Sunggyu looked so fragile and he knew he should bring Sunggyu home now though he was tired himself.

“Let’s go home, Gyu.” But unfortunately Sunggyu declined it.

He slowly shook his head as a ‘no’. He knew Woohyun didn’t want to go home yet. He acknowledged the fact that he was so damn worried about Myungsoo.

“No, let’s stay here until Myungsoo wakes up.”

Woohyun wanted to coax Sunggyu to change his mind on that but he had to admit he wanted to wait for Myungsoo to wake up. He nodded as an agreement and let Sunggyu’s hand his hair.

*****

After a few hours waiting, Sungyeol fought the urge of sleeping because he was afraid that maybe Myungsoo will wake up when he was sleeping, so he stayed up though it was 2 in the morning. But soon, God heard his prayers. Myungsoo regained his consciousness and slowly opened his eyes.

“Myungie ah, thank God you’re awake!” Sungyeol almost hugged the younger but again, he suppressed his act because he didn’t want to hurt Myungsoo, who just had a surgery. He called out the doctor and when he finished checking on Myungsoo, Sungyeol could only smile because he was glad that Myungsoo was alive.

“Where’s Woohyun hyung?” That was Myungsoo’s first question and his heart broke into small tiny pieces, which will never be possible to cure.

“Why are you asking for him?” Sungyeol asked, earning a frown from Myungsoo.

“Why? Can’t I see my friend?” Myungsoo answered but with a question to him.

“A friend?” Sungyeol cynically smile. “A friend, who you shouldn’t be yearning for because he’s already taken.” Sungyeol fed up already with Myungsoo. Both of them knew Woohyun was married for 3 months now but Myungsoo was still hoping that Woohyun will love him back. Pissed off, Myungsoo pretended not to hear Sungyeol’s words because he didn’t have any energy to pick a fight with Sungyeol.

“Why did you save me?” Myungsoo was always cold to Sungyeol. Though it hurt Sungyeol when Myungsoo used that cold tone to him, but it was okay because he was immune to it already. It was true Sungyeol was the one who found Myungsoo with blood on his wrist and he also called the ambulance.

“Do you think I’ll let you kill yourself? I won’t let anyone kill themselves including you Kim Myungsoo. Plus, it’s not me who saved you, it was Sunggyu.” Sungyeol said as both of them know Sunggyu works here as a doctor.

Myungsoo bit his lower lips, letting out the frustration and clenched the bed sheet because just hearing that name made him so sick. He hated Sunggyu. He hated him so much for snatching Woohyun from him. Ever since Woohyun married Sunggyu, all in his head was Sunggyu, only him while he was abandoned by Myungsoo. Sometimes, they couldn’t have lunch together because Woohyun will always drag Sunggyu to lunch.

“It’s his job as a doctor to save people.” Myungsoo said in annoyed.

“Well if you know people’s jobs so well, then you must know your job to stop loving someone’s husband.” Sungyoel didn’t have to say out the name out loud because he knew Myungsoo understood what it meant by it.

Hearing Sungyeol’s words only made Myungsoo mad at him.

“Why should I stop, when you don’t stop loving me?” His words stung Sungyeol’s heart. Myungsoo’s words were the true thing. Sungyeol didn’t stop having hope that one day Myungsoo will love him back. He stayed silent only to let Myungsoo continued his words. “I will only stop loving Woohyun if you stop chasing me, Lee Sungyeol.”

*****

Sungyeol lost count on how many times he let out hurtful sighs after he went out from Myungsoo’s ward. He already asked a nurse’s help to keep an eye on Myungsoo so he won’t attempt the stupid act again. He pulled out his phone, trying to call for Woohyun to inform him about Myungsoo’s condition. Though he knew his heart will enconunter jealousy if he let Woohyun meet with Myungsoo but what more he could do? He had no reason to stop the two from seeing each other. They’re friends for Heaven’s sake.

He shook his head as he failed to call Woohyun. Before he could try his luck on calling Sunggyu, Howon, who bumped into Sungyeol in the hospital, stated that the two didn’t go home yet. Figuring out that they must be at Sunggyu’s office room, Sungyeol moved his feet towards the room. He did knock the door but he couldn’t hear a sound from inside the room.

Slowly, he suspiciously opened the door and crept into the room as if he was a criminal. The moment he saw the two, a smile curved on his face. The two of them were sleeping on the couch, hugging each other. Sunggyu was sleeping on Woohyun’s chest while the younger firmly wrapping his hands on Sunggyu’s waist. So sweet. Sungyeol thought as he decided to let them sleep.

It was true, Woohyun’s wedding with Sunggyu was shocking news to him and he was against of it because Woohyun barely knew Sunggyu. But seeing how happy the two of them, he glad that he let Woohyun’s wedding to go on smoothly. He forgot about a fact. He forgot how sweet a marriage is when love comes after the marriage. Sungyeol could see that Woohyun loves Sunggyu so much. For the first time Sungyeol noticed he loved someone to death and somehow he believed Sunggyu was the one for Woohyun, not Myungsoo.

Didn’t have a heart to wake them up, Sungyeol took a blanket in the closet there and covered the sleeping figures. But when he did that, Woohyun slowly woke up. He narrowed his eyes at first to get a clearer vision because he couldn’t recognize Sungyeol but he did when he heard Sungyeol’s voice.

“You two make a cute couple.”

Woohyun could guess that someone was Sungyeol. He smiled as he looked at Sunggyu, who was still sleeping on his chest. He Sunggyu’s hair slightly before shifting his eyes on Sungyeol again.

“How’s Myungsoo? Did he wakeup yet?” Woohyun’s questions shut Sungyeol up. Sungyeol didn’t know what to say. He was torn in two. He knew he should tell Woohyun, but if he did, he will be jealous seeing Woohyun and Myungsoo again, plus Sunggyu was still sleeping. He didn’t want to wake Sunggyu up.

Knowing what was right to do, he lied.

“No.” He shook his head, wanting to assure the older. “Go to sleep, hyung. You have work tomorrow and plus you don’t want to wake the sleeping beauty.” Sungyeol smiled, referring to Sunggyu. 

“Okay.” Woohyun smiled as Sungyeol excused himself.

Woohyun hugged the older because he loved the position so much now. He was hoping Myungsoo will wake up already. Why? There was something he should ask Myungsoo. A question he should ask a long time ago even before his marriage with Sunggyu. If his thought is true, it means Myungsoo’s attempt of suicide will be his entire fault. His entire fault, if Myungsoo has a feeling for him.

---

ll A/N : I have exam tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, so wish me luck! And don't worry, you'll hate Myungsoo more in this fic lol THANK YOU for the votes :3 It really made me feel better for messing up my exam that day sobs ll