Pain in the

Imperfect

 Sunggyu woke up the next morning and just great because they slept at the hospital until the morning. Sunggyu managed to wake Woohyun up and told him to get back home to get ready for work. Woohyun did as what Sunggyu said because whether he liked it or not, he still has to go to work. It was his responsibility to take care his company as the CEO.

As for Sunggyu, he stayed behind at the hospital and had shower there. He was lucky because Howon left his clean clothes in the hospital, so he borrowed them without telling Howon of course. Last night was so sweet. Though Woohyun was tired, he was the one who Sunggyu’s hair so he could sleep when Sunggyu complained that he couldn’t sleep last night. When he was with Woohyun, he will be his first priority always and there’s nothing more Sunggyu wants from Woohyun.

Howon was surely taking revenge on Sunggyu for stealing his clothes for sure. He immediately assigned Sunggyu to be Myungsoo’s doctor although actually it was Howon’s job. The older could only sigh and that was weird for Howon. Usually, he would nag to him non-stop for giving him so much works but now, Sunggyu seemed so different. Something was wrong with Sunggyu but Howon couldn’t guess what it is though he is a doctor.

The older moved his feet towards Myungsoo’s ward. Today’s schedule for him was to check on Myungsoo’s condition, only that. But the moment, he walked into the ward, his heart skipped a bit to see the bed was empty. He tried staying calm by saying to himself that maybe Myungsoo went to the bathroom. He was in the verge of panic when he couldn’t find Myungsoo.

He asked for the help and let the others in the hospital looked for Myungsoo too. After a few minutes, the hospital became a chaos place because Myungsoo was missing. Sunggyu knew he should call for Woohyun now, but he didn’t want to make Woohyun worried about this. So in the end, he called Sungyeol to inform about this. Though he told Sungyeol, there was nothing Sungyeol could do because no one had the idea where did Myungsoo go.

Sungyeol did help Sunggyu out to look for Myungsoo at the places near by the hospital but the result was the same. Myungsoo was missing. Sungyeol fought the urge of calling Woohyun just like Sunggyu did because as far as he knew Woohyun had a meeting with an important client from the States today and for sure Woohyun will leave the meeting if he knew about this matter.

Just like Sunggyu predicted, he was called to the Director’s room. Howon volunteered himself to go there because Myungsoo should be his responsibility but in the end, Sunggyu declined Howon’s offer. He knew the hospital’s policy and the blame will be put on him when something happened to the patience under his care. Howon could only bit his lips, waiting for Sunggyu to come out from the Director’s room. He was so damn worried about Sunggyu because everyone knew how scary the director of this hospital and mistakes weren’t allow here, not even a slightest and letting a patience go missing is a big mistake.

A few minutes later, Sunggyu got out from the room with a smile. But Howon’s heart sank to see the smile Sunggyu casted was a bitter one. He knew what just happened but he acted like he didn’t know anything. So, he asked the older.

“How is it, hyung? Did he scold you hard?”

Sunggyu could only nod because he had to admit the scolding was pretty harsh for him. It wasn’t like he was not used to the scolding from the director. But these days, he was so damn sensitive and he didn’t know why.

“I got suspended, Hoya.” Sunggyu said. It didn’t shock Howon because he knew this was coming. His workmate could only sigh and pat Sunggyu’s shoulder.

“It’s okay. You should use the time to rest, hyung.” Howon gave Sunggyu a piece of advice because actually he was glad that he got suspended for a week, so Sunggyu will be able to have some rest.

“Thank you.” Sunggyu thanked Howon for being beside him always as a friend.

As they were talking, Sungyeol came to them panting as a sign he ran up the stairs to come here and not using the lift. The two could only blink their eyes, waiting for Sungyeol to say a word when he caught back his breathe.

“Myungsoo…he’s back…”

“Really??” Sunggyu was so damn glad about this.

“Yeah, Woohyun brought him back.” Sungyeol’s words received a frown from Sunggyu.

“Woohyun…did?” Sunggyu asked, frowning.

“Yup, I don’t know the whole story yet, so let’s go check on them.” Sungyeol suggested them as he didn’t know what was going on.

“Sure.” Somehow, Sunggyu didn’t like the idea of Woohyun bringing Myungsoo back. His heart hurt and he didn’t know why but he felt like Myungsoo was a threat for him.

*****

 

 

The moment they went to Myungsoo’s ward, all of them were speechless to see Myungsoo was clinging on Woohyun’s arm on the bed. They simply couldn’t guess what just happened but Myungsoo seemed like a stranded kitty and was clinging on Woohyun for shelter and love. Sunggyu couldn’t say a word to see someone else was touching his Woohyun.

“Mianhe. I should bring him earlier.” Woohyun apologized to them.

“What happened?” Howon was the one to ask, breaking the silence.

“Well, Myungsoo went to my company this morning. I already tried to send him back to hospital but he didn’t want to unless I’m here.” Woohyun explained that Myungsoo won’t let him go as if he was scared of something. Woohyun knew Myungsoo shouldn’t act like this but declining this could cause Myungsoo to attempt suicide again.

“Ahh…” Howon was out of words already because he didn’t know what else to do. He could see Sunggyu was taken aback due to this. He not only got suspended because of Myungsoo but now, Myungsoo was clinging to his husband.

“Myung, you should let Woohyun go now. He still have work at the company.” Sungyeol tried taking Myungsoo from Woohyun but the younger only gripped the grasp on Woohyun’s arm tighter as a sign he didn’t want to let go of Woohyun.

“I want to be with Woohyun hyung…” Myungsoo muttered, but it was loud enough to be heard by all of them there.

Woohyun shifted his eyes on Sunggyu as he was afraid if Sunggyu was hurt about this but unfortunately, he couldn’t read Sunggyu’s face. Sunggyu could only cast a bitter smile, lying to himself that this was normal because the two of them are best friends. He knew he shouldn’t be here long so he excused himself by saying.

“I have to check on my other patients now. I’ll come here later.”

Sunggyu went out of the room and left only Howon there who knew that Kim Sunggyu lied. He lied because he was already suspended and he was banded to do all the activities in the hospital. Howon could only sigh because Sunggyu must be hurt. But what could he do? He couldn’t tell Myungsoo to stop acting like that. Whether he loved it or not, Kim Myungsoo was his patient and he needed to take care of him, not breaking his spirit to live in this world.

*****

 

 

Finally, Myungsoo let Woohyun go just because Woohyun wanted he needed to go the bathroom. When Woohyun got his feet to the bathroom, Sungyeol decided to have a quick talk to Myungsoo. He crossed his arms on his chest, eyes shot glares at Myungsoo because Myungsoo was too much this time.

“What the did you think you’re doing?” Sungyeol was mad at Myungsoo. Yes, he was because Myungsoo looked like he wanted to steal Woohyun from Sunggyu and of course Sungyeol could see how hurt Sunggyu was when he saw the two of them.

“I’m just doing what you did, Sungyeol.” A smirk slowly conquered his face as he locked his eyes on Sungyeol.

“What do you mean?” Sungyeol frowned as he was confused on Myungsoo’s words upon this matter.

“You didn’t giving up in chasing me, so I won’t give up on Woohyun.” Myungsoo explained.

Though Sungyeol heard Myungsoo’s explanation, he knew there was more to it. He knew how sly Myungsoo could be because they had been friends for more than 3 years already and he acknowledged the fact how determined Myungsoo could be sometimes. 

“Wait…are you trying to say..that…” Sungyeol’s throat constricted when he could think of a possibility. When he saw the smirk on Myungsoo’s face grew wider, he knew his prediction was right. “Stop this Myungsoo! You’re insane!” Sungyeol yelled at Myungsoo because Myungsoo really lost his mind.

“I already lost my sanity when Woohyun got married.” Myungsoo simply answered.

“But…you can’t do this. You can’t steal Woohyun from Sunggyu. They’re married for Heaven’s sake!” Sungyeol knew right away that Myungsoo was crazy and he will be the first one who will send Myungsoo to a mental hospital if Myungsoo really plan this.

“Why can’t I?” Myungsoo asked. “I’m not stealing him. I’m just taking what should be mine.” He smirked.

Sungyeol shook his head in misbelieved. He should warn Sunggyu about this. He didn’t want the two of them break up because of Myungsoo. Why couldn’t Myungsoo see how much the two of them love each other? How can he even have the heart to destroy his best friend’s marriage?

“You lost your mind Myungsoo!” Sungyeol shouted before leaving Myungsoo’s ward.

*****

 

 

Sunggyu didn’t know what to do in the hospital. He couldn’t do anything involving treating people so in the end; he spent his time in the children’s ward. He always goes there anytime he could. He couldn’t express to anyone how much he love children. He dreams of having a child of his own but he only smiled bitterly with that thought because he knew it was impossible.

He stayed there for a while and even played with the children like always. He went to the bathroom as he could feel his body started to weaken again. Howon already suggested him to check on his health but somehow, Sunggyu was so stubborn to agree on doing that. He knew he has a weak body but he was sure nothing was wrong with his health, but why was he feeling so weak?

He washed his face at the sink, hoping that the water could wash away his pale face that he was portraying. As he was washing his face, he was oblivious someone else was in bathroom and was eyeing on him. Sunggyu gasped when someone suddenly touched his .

“What the hell-“ Sunggyu’s words trailed off when he turned around. It was no other than Nam Woohyun, who was eyeing him with a smirk on his face.

“Nam Woohyun!” Sunggyu shouted at him because his act was really shocking. At least, he should show himself in front of Sunggyu first before touching him where he shouldn’t touch in public.

“What?” Woohyun snickered seeing Sunggyu’s reaction. “I never knew you’re so feisty, baby.” Woohyun said, smirking.

“And I never knew my husband is such a ert.” Sunggyu complained, earning a laugh from Woohyun.

“Your is so tempting to my hands.” His words received a hit from Sunggyu on his arm and he regretted for saying that because Sunggyu smote him so hard.

“ert!” Sunggyu rolled his eyes in annoyed.

“Aww baby.” Woohyun wrapped his hands around Sunggyu’s waist. “Don’t be mad, cutie. Let’s go home, shall we so I can touch you more?” Sunggyu almost hit him again but he suppressed that because now, he really wanted to just rest at home. He nodded in agreement but quickly he asked, “What about Myungsoo? Won’t he ask for you?”

“Aigoo baby, don’t worry. I already asked Sungyeol to take care of him. Now, I only want to spend my time with my cute baby.” Woohyun said, kissing the tip of Sunggyu’s nose.

*****

 

 

When they arrived at home, Woohyun forced Sunggyu to change into his pajama even though it wasn’t night yet. Sunggyu understood why Woohyun asked him to wear pajama because only with pajama, Sunggyu will sleep early. He could see Woohyun was still worried about him for being so pale these days but what could he do when he didn’t know what was wrong with me. Although he is a doctor, he was really lazy to go for a check-up.

Sunggyu sat beside Woohyun, who was watching some old movie at the television. Sunggyu didn’t know what was wrong with him but he felt like cuddling to Woohyun so he did. Woohyun didn’t protest. In fact, he was happy when Sunggyu acted so cute with him. Woohyun hugged him, letting the older to cuddle even more, allowing the heat transfer between the two of them.

They didn’t talk because Woohyun was engrossed with the movie while Sunggyu was thinking about something. Something which he knew he shouldn’t think because it will cause Woohyun’s blood to boil. But he still couldn’t understand why it had to be this way. Knowing this will maybe ended up with a fight, Sunggyu took a deep breath before asking the question,

“Hyunnie, why don’t you want to have a child with me?"