Love at first sight

Imperfect

Woohyun smiled bitterly as he witnessed the figure, he loved the most sleeping on the bed. The smile he casted was a sincere one but somehow due to the pain in his heart, it turned out very bitterly. He slowly sat on the bed beside the figure and gently his white puffy cheek with his fingers, hoping his touches could make the older to sleep even well. The moment he saw how calm the figure’s face when he was sleeping, he mentally heaved out a relief sigh because he was scared if Sunggyu got hurt.

Yes, he loved Kim Sunggyu so much and they’re married for three months now. Their love story was really different from the others. Their marriage was planned by their families but none of them rejected the marriage even though they didn’t know each other back then. Again, Woohyun managed to let a smile conquered his face as the memories of him and Sunggyu replayed in his mind again and again like a broken film.

 

“You got to be serious!” Sungyeol almost fainted hearing the news that his own best friend was going to get married so suddenly in a week.

 “I’m not to be kidding you, Yeol.” Woohyun nodded, assuring that he was telling the truth. It was his family’s choice to him gets married to their best friend’s son.

As the two was talking about Woohyun’s sudden marriage, they were oblivious there was someone, who was sitting at the same table with them was terribly hurt by the news. His heart ached so much to hear this and with the fact Woohyun never realized his feelings towards him made it all worst. He wanted to confess to Woohyun, he did but he was waiting for the perfect time and now, he was too late.

“Myung?” Woohyun called out when he saw Myungsoo was keeping his head low and spacing out a bit. He waved his hand in front of Myungsoo’s face and finally he caught Myungsoo’s attention.

“Y-yeah.” Myungsoo answered as he noticed Woohyun and Sungyeol were both frowning at him.

“You were spacing out.” Woohyun commented because to him it was weird for Kim Sunggyu to space out unless it was for something very serious.

“It’s nothing hyung.” Myungsoo faked a bitter smile and Sungyeol, who could see through it mentally, sighed.

“Anyway, you need to come to my wedding next week.” Woohyun reminded the two of them.

“Araso walking tree.” Sungyeol agreed on this because no way he’ll miss his own best friend’s wedding. He’ll regret it for sure because there will be free food there.

Woohyun looked at Myungsoo, practically waiting for an answer from the younger. Myungsoo felt his throat suddenly constricted, forbidding any words from slipping out from his throat. He, himself was unable to think of an answer but in the end, he had to give up, forcing himself to say a word.

“Sure hyung. But…can I know who are you going to marry to?” Myungsoo felt a bit stiffened to be asking that particular question because his heart winced in pain when he asked that.

 Sungyeol’s eyes shifted on Woohyun too when that question was spoken. He couldn’t hide his excitement to know who Woohyun’s bride was later on. Catching that question with his ears, Woohyun seemed really umcomfortable with that question. But he knew he needed to give them an answer so they will stop bugging him.

“Do you guys really wanna know?” Woohyun asked the two.

“Yes!” Sungyeol shouted out of joy and Myungsoo remained silent because a word from him might hurt his own heart.

“Really really really wanna know?” Woohyun repeated the question.

“Yes yes and yes please with the cherry on top!” Sungyeol was indeed a choding. Myungsoo could only shake his head in embarrassment because sometimes he wondered how he could end up hanging out with a choding like him.

“Well actually I don’t know who he is.” The answer given left the two of them gawked at Woohyun. Sungyeol was mentally asking either Woohyun was a crazy person or someone who just lost his sanity? Meanwhile, Myungsoo simply couldn’t understand Woohyun when he replied something like that. How can a person get married to someone who he didn’t even know?

“Are you serious?! Or you just got out from a mental hospital?” Sungyeol asked as he questioned Woohyun’s sanity about all of this.

“I’m serious here. I’m meeting him tomorrow and decide whether we can to continue with this marriage or not.” Woohyun empathized that his parents weren’t forcing him to marry that boy. They let Woohyun decided about this when Woohyun meet the boy. Somehow, his parents were very confidence that Woohyun will accept the marriage.

“So…this doesn’t mean you’ll get married, right?” Myungsoo hid his smile because he felt like the burden in his heart had lifted and the hope for him to be with Woohyun brightened up a bit.

“It’s all depend on the meeting tomorrow.” Woohyun couldn’t give an answer yet because he will be one who decided tomorrow. He didn’t mind getting married but he was worried that his soon-to-be bride is not perfect like he wanted. Woohyun always wants someone very unique to be in his heart so Woohyun will never look at everyone else already.

“Ahh…” Myungsoo nodded. Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo with sympathy in his eyes. He knew Myungsoo’s feelings for Woohyun. He knew it very well because he is in love with Myungsoo. Even thought Myungsoo dumped him several times already, it didn’t mean Sungyeol had given up on Myungsoo. One day, he will get Myungsoo to love him and only him. Hearing the news of Woohyun getting married was too joyful for him because he not only can free food in Woohyun’s wedding but also having chances to take Myungsoo’s heart.

“Guys, I’ll see you guys soon. I still have a meeting to attend later.” Woohyun excused himself and left only the two of them at the table. In a blink of an eye, silence reigned between the two of them, tensing the air around of them. It always had been awkward for the two of them after Sungyeol confessed towards Myungsoo. They used to be best friends but now, they were like strangers because Myungsoo couldn’t accept Sungyeol and simply he couldn’t love him like he love Woohyun.

“Forget about him, Myung. He’s already taken.” Sungyeol broke the silence only to earn a glare from Myungsoo. Myungsoo didn’t know what was wrong with Sungyeol. He rejected him more than twice now but the older didn’t give up on him. But when he thought about it, Sungyeol was the same as him. He was hoping for Woohyun’s love when he knew Woohyun will get married soon. He couldn’t stop loving Woohyun just like Sungyeol didn’t stop giving him all his love though he never asked for it.

“I can’t hyung. I love Woohyun hyung as much as you love me hyung.” Myungsoo said his final words before moving his feet away from Sungyeol. The older could only sigh as he watched Myungsoo’s figure disappearing from his sight. The only thing he could do now was to wait. He needed to wait for Myungsoo to open his heart for him.

*****

 

 

Woohyun’s eyes roamed on all the things that were in the house. Currently he was at his soon-to-be bride’s house. He sat on the couch, wondering how he will look like. His parents were torturing him because he won’t let Woohyun sees his bride’s picture or even know his name. Judging by the house, he was pretty sure he is really rich. Plus, there are so many maids in the mansion.

As he was still trying to figure out what will his bride look like, Woohyun’s attention was distracted when someone walked down the stairs. The moment Woohyun set his eyes on that someone, he felt like his heart skipped a beat. He stood up with his eyes stared on him, not blinking even for a second. He was awed by that someone’s beauty. The beauty portrayed was undefined and simply couldn’t describe using words. Never once he witnessed someone so damn beautiful like this. He was too perfect.

That someone blinked at Woohyun, frowning to see Woohyun’s presence. Of course he didn’t know who Woohyun was and he didn’t remember his parents telling him there will be a guest here today. He walked closer to Woohyun, greeting that unknown person with a smile. Woohyun swore his heart could stop beating when he saw the angelic smile.

“Hello there. Mind telling me who are you?” That someone cracked the first conversation.

“Your fan.” Woohyun answered.

“Excuse me?” He replied, tightening his frown because Woohyun’s answer was simply hilarious.

“I’m Nam Woohyun.” Woohyun told him his name but added in the end, “Your biggest fan.”

The person in front of Woohyun laughed when he heard Woohyun’s words. Receiving an answer from Woohyun, he knew who Woohyun is. His parents already told him everything about Nam Woohyun and he guessed rumours didn’t lie when they said Woohyun is really cheesy.

“Let me guess. You become my fan a minute ago?” The smile on that person’s face didn’t fade away as somehow he felt so attached with Woohyun already.

“To be accurate…” Woohyun glimpsed at his wrist watch before continuing, “A minute and 53 seconds.”

He could only reply with a smile because every word that slipped from Woohyun’s lips was really attractive to him. He never met someone like Woohyun before and he had to admit he already grew a fond for Nam Woohyun thought they only met for less than 2 minutes now.

“Care to tell me your name, beautiful?”

The older flushed to hear Woohyun calling him that. He used to be called like that by the others but when Woohyun complimented him, he couldn’t help himself but to blush, which Woohyun found it really cute and suit his angel.

“S-sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu.” Sunggyu introduced himself.

“Are you sure your name is Kim Sunggyu?” Woohyun suddenly asked the older.

“Of course I’m sure.” Sunggyu said, confused at Woohyun’s question.

“I thought your name is Nam Sunggyu.” He said with a smile on his face and Sunggyu understood what he was trying to say.

Sunggyu let out a chuckle before taking a few more steps closer to Woohyun and leaned forward only to whisper his answer for that reply.

“Well in a week, that will be my name, Mr. Namgrease.” Sunggyu smirked.

“And you’ll be mine in a week, baby.” Woohyun said, smirking with that fact.

Sunggyu could only smile hearing that. This was their choice. They decided to continue with the wedding. There was something when both of them looked into each other’s eyes. Love. Yes, there was love between them. It was love at first sight and who knows maybe this marriage will not be regret for the two of them.

 

He was still caressing the figure’s cheeks but maybe this time it was a mistake for Woohyun because it woke the older. Sunggyu slowly opened his eyes as he felt that familiar touch on his cheek. He smiled when he managed to see Woohyun there.

“Why aren’t you sleeping, Woohyun?” Sunggyu asked as he intertwined their fingers together and he always amazed on how their fingers fit each other so perfectly.

“I’m not sleepy yet, baby.” Woohyun smiled at Sunggyu and this time not with that bitter smile. Everytime he looked into Sunggyu’s eyes, he will never able to stop loving the older and he is sincere when it comes to Sunggyu.

“Hmm...then should I accompany you?” Sunggyu asked. He acknowledged the fact that Woohyun couldn’t sleep these few days and he was worried about his husband so much. He knew Woohyun must be tired because of work as the CEO of his company.

Woohyun slowly shook his head as a ‘no’. He used his free hand to Sunggyu’s hair and said, “You need rest baby. You have work tomorrow. I don’t want you to get tired.”

Sunggyu slightly pouted because Woohyun worried about him so much when he should be worrying about himself more. “But you have work too tomorrow…” Sunggyu mumbled but loud enough to be heard by Woohyun.

The younger smiled seeing how cute Sunggyu was. Woohyun knew how stubborn Sunggyu could be and he didn’t really want Sunggyu to lose focus at work tomorrow just because he wanted to stay up with him. He simply couldn’t take any risks when it comes to Sunggyu. The older is just too precious to him. Woohyun took care of Sunggyu as if he was a fragile glass and could be broken by a slight touch of a feather.

“Then, let’s go to sleep.” Woohyun had to give in like always. Sunggyu smiled as he watched Woohyun climbed on the bed and lay beside him. He faced Woohyun, feeling happy that Woohyun will at least try to sleep. Only with the thoughts of Woohyun couldn’t sleep at night, scared Sunggyu. For sure, Woohyun was hiding something for him but he didn’t know what it was. Also, he quiet sure this thing must be the reason why Woohyun couldn’t sleep at night these days.

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu called out as he traced his fingers on Woohyun’s lips.

“Hmm?” Woohyun, who already closed his eyes in his trial of getting some sleep tonight, hummed as an answer.

“I love you.” Sunggyu’s whisper managed to cast a smile on Woohyun’s face.

Woohyun wrapped his hands on Sunggyu’s waist before pulling the older closer into his embrace, hoping that it will give Sunggyu all his warmth.

“I love you too, baby.” Woohyun kissed Sunggyu’s head and soon both of them were drifted to slumber, hugging each other so dearly.

*****

ll A/N : Just wanting to make it clear that I don't write gyuwoo, I really can't write Sunggyu as top, I'm so sorry but Sunggyu is too cute and fluffy in my mind. ll