Chapter 4 part 1

There's an angel in my heart

Changjo groaned as he saw the numbers on the digital clock resting at the wooden table beside his bed. He woke 1 hour earlier than the alarm he had set. Turning his body from left to right, he tried all his best so the remaining minutes of his sleep he should be consuming won’t go to waste. He tried counting of sheep but just got the realization that the technique was useless and ineffective. He hissed under his breath and made a debate to himself if he would be sleepy on the half of the class or not.

Kicking his blanket off of his body, he stretched an arm while fingers rubbed his eyes. The guy with a dark hair stood up, pacing sloppily towards the direction of a switch. Pressing a finger on the switch is just one enough reason of how to make the room lit up from extreme darkness.

“What a heavy sleeper” Changjo scrunched his nose up after noticing his roommate hiding under his thick cover. He stared at the guy whose strands of hair are only shown beneath that colorful blanket then a scene flashes his mind.

A guy waiting for him by the school gate

A guy whose smile can make any flower bud bloom in no time

Changjo shook his head as guilt slowly creeping on him but then it was Niel, who persistently waited for him, fault why he got himself soaked in the rain. Changjo didn’t tell Niel to wait for him nor even agree on what his roommate proposed to him a week ago.

“Only idiots are those who don’t bring any umbrella with them on a rainy season” Changjo mumbled to himself then finds his way to a place inside their room where he can make something hot to fill his stomach.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Feeling the fresh breeze the early morning gave him, Changjo let out a smile which is barely shown to others.

“Going to school this early wasn’t a bad idea after all” He thought to himself before making a few stretches and letting the morning air fill his lungs.

He slings his bag to his side as he takes a final step out of their dorm’s gate. He walks slowly than his habitual pace, appreciating the beauty of nature before his eyes. Seeing all the tall trees, varieties of flowers, and plants on his pathway to their school somehow calms his mind. An experience he would love to do again.

At first, Changjo thought that he won’t be seeing some students also walking their way that early to school but he never expected the number of students that seems popping out of nowhere with every step his feet make.

“There sure are many students going to school this early” Changjo took noticed how every students has different activities while making their way to their school- some are browsing their notes, talking to someone about their homework, and listening to music from their mp3 player.

“Choi Changjo?” Changjo turned his head, an act which caused him to be greeted by a familiar smile.

“Chunji” He mentioned a name after recognizing the face in front of him. A distant relative.

“I know we aren’t that close but can you use honorifics at least? And to add something, I’m still older than you if you forgot” The guy named Chunji complained but laugh afterwards.

“Okay, Chunji HYUNG. Happy now?” Changjo rolled his eyes then gave the older guy a halfhearted smile. Chunji is one of the few people he is comfortable with.

“It surprised me that you are also studying here.I haven’t heard anything from you in years.  By the way which dorm are you staying?” Chunji stared at him full of curiosity.

“Dorm B” Changjo replied which instantly made the older guy groaned in disbelief.

“Really?! It was just behind our dorm” Chunji chuckled.

“You know now that I saw you, you slightly reminded me about my roommate. I don’t know why” Before Changjo can react to what the older said, Chunji begun speaking again.

“Maybe you two have the same aura” Skipping his way closer to Changjo, Chunji put a hand above the younger’s head to ruffle his styled hair.

“You really know how to piss off people” Irritated by a hand messing up his hair, Changjo elbowed his hyung’s stomach which made Chunji to withdraw his hand away from the younger guy.

“Still violent as ever. I wonder if your roommate can tolerate you longer” Acting like he was in great pain, Chunji put a hand to a spot where Changjo had hit him. Changjo blinked his eyes a few times, hoping that the guy beside him won’t ask about his roommate.

“Is he a freshman too?” Changjo let out a long sigh, his hyung inquisitively conversing with him about a topic he is trying to avoid made him a bit annoyed.

“A year ahead of mine” Putting a hand inside his pocket, Changjo gave him an answer while hoping Chunji will stop being nosey.

“Oh! Just like me. What’s his name?” Bursting with curiosity, Chunji asked again.

“Ahn Daniel” Stopping his tracks upon hearing the name, the guy with playful smile started laughing. Changjo raised an eyebrow, so confused why Chunji reacted that way.

“It’s really a small world. He’s my classmate. Where is he by the way?”

“He’s still sleeping” Kicking a pebble on his way, Changjo remembered how his roommate looks when he left their room.

“I guess you already met Ljoe” With a grin visible to his face, Chunji stared at him. Changjo doesn’t know why his mood suddenly changed when he heard that name. Ljoe holding an umbrella while running to Niel- a scene which Changjo was almost forgetting once again played on his head.

“I guess you’re wondering why I said that. You can’t detach Ljoe from Niel” Chunji informed him.

“Why?” Realizing what Chunji had said to him, Changjo is slowly becoming curious.

“Niel is Ljoe’s lucky charm” Changjo wanted to ask more but Chunji’s phone interrupted them. Apologizing quickly to Changjo after answering a phone call, Chunji excused himself by telling the younger guy that his roommate wants to tell him something important.

“I will visit your room next time” Chunji waved his hand then immediately dashed away from him. Changjo wonders about the closeness of his cousin and that guy who called Chunji shares. Chunji even left him, and even chose that someone over a relative whom he didn’t see for so many years. He looks on the ground, finding something interesting that will distract his mind from a sudden thought inside his mind. Taking a grip to a phone inside his pocket, he wonders if his roommate will also do the same for him.

 

TBC

I'm sorry~ I was busy for two months but now Im back to business hehe XD