Chapter 4 part 2

There's an angel in my heart

Changjo smiled to himself as he arrived in front of an old oak door. He isn’t sure if he’s plain lucky or it’s just a payment for waking up and going to school earlier than before. They were told that their teacher can’t attend the class because of a sudden personal matter. There’s no available teacher to substitute so the only solution to that problem was to let the students go back to their dorms and enjoy the day.

He expected that their room was empty the moment he opened the door but instead found Ahn Daniel, sitting on his own bed, still on his pajamas and bed hair. The boy with thick lips gave him a faint smile when Niel felt another presence inside their room.

“You are early” Niel started a conversation. Changjo tilted his head, got confused why the older guy spoke in such a monotonous way. Niel’s cheerfulness is annoying for him but his lack of energy is something Changjo isn’t used to.

“Obviously” Giving a sarcastic answer, Changjo laughed dryly. Niel became quiet after that but once again stared at him. When Changjo stared back, Niel starts looking left to right. An action full of hesitation and uneasiness.

“Changjo, I’m hungry” Niel said weakly. The pleading eyes that were looking at Changjo earlier is now finding something interesting on the floor.

“What was that supposed to mean? Changjo raised a brow, still staring at Niel.

“Could you- you- coo- cook por-ridge for me?” With a trembling voice, Niel asked him. Changjo’s eyes widen the moment he heard the plea.

 

I, Changjo Choi, the only son of a wealthy businessman was asked by a fish if I could cook porridge for him?

 

“Are you insulting me?” With a mocking tone, Changjo gave him a death glare. Waving his hands endlessly and thinking that the younger guy misunderstood him, Niel panicked.

“It’s not what you are thinking. It’s jus-“ Niel tried to explain his side but got interrupted when Changjo threw a pillow which landed straight to his face.

“If you want to eat, just stand and go the kitchen! Don’t include me to your laziness. You even skipped your class and then now asked me if I cook something for you?! And for your information mister, NO ONE ever commands me for something. I’m always the MASTER and will never be the slave. GET IT?” Boiling with anger, Changjo gave Niel his final glare. On the other hand, Niel apologized to him saying he won’t ever ask Changjo any favor. Letting out a long sigh, Changjo lay to his bed and kicked his shoe off. Niel stood up to his bed but before he heads out to the kitchen, he bowed deeply to Changjo to show how sorry he was. Changjo saw this from the corner of his eyes but being a stubborn type of person, he ignored it.

Niel tried to walk normally but his knees are betraying him. Changjo saw how Niel grips firmly to the furniture for support but instead rolled his eyes from that scene he is watching. Turning to the left, Niel reached the kitchen.  There were noises from a pan, spoons and forks which all fell on the ground, annoyed Changjo so much. He’s trying to sleep but Niel being so careless and noisy in the kitchen is getting to his nerve.  He is planning to go to the kitchen to scold Niel but got startled when he heard a loud thud.

________________________________________________________

Holding a dozen of oranges and an umbrella, Changjo didn’t expect himself going to a supermarket to pay for things that isn’t his. The line to the cashier is long and he’s blaming inside his mind the owner of that commercial building for lacking sufficient numbers of place to pay. He observed the place; he’s the only guy in that line, majority are housewives and grandmothers.

It took him 15 minutes until he was able to go outside that place. Taking a peek inside the bag which has the things he bought, he took the umbrella out. He stared at it and wondered why he chose that color. YELLOW. Optimism, cheerfulness, enthusiasm, and fun, Changjo thought that those traits suit the future owner of it.

Walking to a corridor Changjo already memorized, he sighed. Remembering the scene that made him so guilty saddened him. He’s blaming himself why he didn’t let Niel explain. He ignored the signs of Niel being weak. He knew it too late, Niel was already lying on the ground; unconscious and burning with fever. He let Niel suffer and to think that he’s also the reason why the older guy is sick because he got soaked in the rain from waiting for him.

He carefully twist the knob so he won’t wake up Niel but a familiar voice got him froze and refrained himself from stepping inside the room.

“Why are you still eating that? I told you it tastes bad!” Someone scold Niel.

“Hyung, I know Changjo made this porridge for me” Niel insisted, still enjoying the bowl of porridge and not minding the fact Ljoe had said. The guy with a blonde hair got annoyed so he stole the bowl from Niel’s lap and went straight to the sink.

“I will cook a mushroom soup for you. I know it’s your favorite and it will help you recover faster” Ljoe came back and sat beside Niel.

“I don’t want to be a bother to you hyung and please don’t skip your classes” Niel pouts which earned a pat on the back from Ljoe.

“Relax. It’s still lunch break and I promise that I will attend all my classes” Ljoe smiled at him.

Slowly, Changjo closed the door without making any noise. He leaned on the wall and closed his eyes, got confused on what he is feeling. He pressed a hand to his chest, can’t understand why he is feeling so broken and sad. Without being aware about his surrounding, the door opened revealing the person who visited Niel- Ljoe.

Ljoe looked at him from head to toe but what attracted him the most was the paper bag that Changjo is holding. The older guy smirked then glared at him afterwards which Changjo understood as a warning.

“Don’t ever cook when you at it” Ljoe whispered but enough for Changjo to hear.

***********************TBC***********************

XD sorry for that update~

I’m really excited for Monday asdfhfjkjklfkljhklfdjjkhGHGHJASGSA.K!!!!!!!!

Have you seen the teaser for NO JOKE????????

It was intense! And I really like the part where Changjo and Ljoe are about to fight for Niel *coughs* *coughs* *delusional shipper coughs*

Well, I hope you will like this and please comment TT_TT

Your lovely comments keep me on going so please don’t be a silent reader :D