Chapter 7

Wounded Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sorry to keep you waiting, for two weeks. *bowed apologetically*

As I promised, Enjoy~ ^^

 

Jiyong couldn't tear his eyes away from the bottom of Seungri's bed. Blankets covered his maknae up to his chest, so there was nothing concrete to see. But he could make out the outline of Seungri's body and he knew immediately that something was wrong. The right leg looked normal. Jiyong could make out the shape entirely, a slight bulge in the knee area and the peak where the foot stuck up from the bed. But the left... as his eyes travelled down, he could see where the knee started. Then, everything just stopped and the blanket smoothed out. There was no sign of a leg below that point. No foot.

 

Tears welled up in Jiyong's eyes as he glared at the nurse, pointing an accusatory finger to her direction.

 

"What the hell happened to his leg?!"

 

Youngbae lowered a shaky hand to Jiyong's shoulder, his realization that his bestfriend needed to be calmed down fighting on his own desire to react the same way as Jiyong was toward the nurse.

 

"Ji..." He warned gently.

 

"It's not her fault..."

 

"Then whose fault is it?!" Jiyong demanded. Tears fall immediately.

 

"Hospital is suppose to help people... You don't just go around cutting people's leg off!"

 

 

The young nurse held her ground, kneeling in front Jiyong and placing a hand on each of Jiyong's knees.

 

"I haven't had a chance to be brief on Lee Seunghyun's case," she said apologetically. "But I can assure you that the doctors already did everything they could to save your friend's leg... They are good. They know what they're doing."

 

"Well they obviously didn't do enough!" Jiyong spat out, refusing to be consoled by a woman who clearly not on his side.

 

"I want to speak with his doctor. Now!"

 

"I'm so sorry. I'll get him for you." she stood immediately, making great efforts not to look shaken and left the room.

 

 

Seunghyun stepped into Jiyong's sight and hovered over the leader, trying to cover up his own fear so he could help Jiyong get through this too.

 

"Jiyong ah, you both were unconscious when we brought the two of you here. He had gone more than 24 hours without proper medications..."

 

"He was fine, hyung!" Jiyong interrupted, not even seeming to care about the tears streaming down his face.

 

"I took care of the injury myself. He was fine." The second time he said it seem to deflate, as though Jiyong was trying to convince only to himself, yet he wasn't doing a very good job at it.

 

The elder shook his head firmly as Youngbae tightened his grip on Jiyong's shoulder.

 

"Think about it, Ji. He wasn't fine, and you know it. Even when you first pulled his leg from that trap, he wasn't fine." Youngbae said, trying to rationalize him.

 

"And you didn't see his leg the way we saw it, hyung. You don't know what it looked like by the time we found you." Daesung said, trembled. He squatted in front of Jiyong and placed a hand on his hyung's knee, giving comfort.

 

 

"No... NO!" Jiyong screamed. He shrugged out of Youngbae's grasp and pushed Daesung away as he turned back to his maknae. He grabbed Seungri's limp hand in his own, babbling.

 

"You have to put it back on," Jiyong insisted. His voice growing louder with every word he said.

 

"Just sew it back on. Tell them, hyung, Bae... Daesung ah..." he plead, looking to every faces in front of him. "You have to reattach his leg. He can't live like this. You know Seungri. He can't be like this. It will kill him!" Jiyong sobbed.

 

"Jiyong ah... Please, you have to calm down," Seunghyun insisted, gently holding Jiyong's shoulder.

 

"They're going to kick us out if you can't get control of yourself." A hint of moisture welled in the elder man's eyes and he blinked hard, trying to gain control of his own emotions. He needs to be strong for them.

 

The fragile leader did calm down, only when he felt that his Seunghyun hyung's warning rang true. Now, Seungri needed them, and he couldn't let his own emotions be the reason why Seungri was left alone.

 

"I just don't understand... how they could do this to him..." Jiyong cried pitifully.

 

"Hyung, our Seungri... he is a fighter," Daesung soothed, once again placing a comforting hand on Jiyong's knee. He was fighting off his own set of unshed tears, not having the same success as Seunghyun and Youngbae. They fell, landing on his cheeks, creating a wet stain.

 

"With your help... our help, he'll going to be just fine, hyung."

 

Jiyong nodded weakly, turning as the sound of the door opening captured his attention.

 

 

Dr. Kim stood nervously just inside the room, arm crossed loosely. He tried to decide whether to be stern to the great G-DRAGON, due to Jiyong's blatant act before, or whether to be sympathetic. Softening at the tormented look in the young man eyes, he decided to try sympathy first. Dr. Kim pulled a chair and placed directly in front of Jiyong, clenching his hands in his lap. He then look into each and every faces in front of him.

 

"I'm sorry that you had to see this before we had a chance to talk," Dr. Kim began, forcing a hint of reprimand from his voice.

 

"I wish I had been able to better prepare you guys for this."

 

This? Is that the only term to put on losing a leg? This?! Excuse me doctor, this is not just some random regular things that happened to you! THIS! This is a life altering event!

 

Jiyong nodded his head, desperately repressing the urge to get up and punch the doctor's face.

 

"He won't survive this..." Jiyong whispered, unable to make eye contact.

 

"How could you do this to him?"

 

Dr. Kim drew himself up and went into doctor mode, stating the technicalities of the injury and also the surgery. The others listened intently. Jiyong drowned him out.

 

"Seungri's leg was gone before he ever made it to the hospital," he announced.

 

"The trap he got caught in did irrepa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter