Chapter 11

Wounded Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

New chap! Enjoy~!^^

 

Seungri didn't talk for close to a week after Jiyong ran out on him that day. He didn't make eye contact with anyone, didn't react to people talking to him. He didn't even ask any questions, about his leg, about his family, about Big Bang. He also didn't even respond to touch.

 

They called it a waking coma.

 

He's in there, awake, yet he isn't responding to any external stimulus. His mind had completely shut down. Its like as though he had completely distanced himself from surrounding world.

 

 

Seungri had been asleep when Jiyong finally returned several hours later, freshly stitched and leaning heavily on Youngbae. Seunghyun was sitting nervously at Seungri's bedside, but jumped to his feet when the three entered the room and followed them as they lead the leader back to his bed. He noticed the bloodshot eyes and puffy lids, but said nothing to the boy as he settled himself back against the pillows.

 

"Is he okay?" Jiyong asked, his shaking voice filled with apprehension as he steeled a glance at his sleeping maknae.

 

"As okay as can be expected," Seunghyun replied.

 

He wasn't sure what exactly was going on, but he knew something had gone down between them. Seungri's nurse had given him minimum information when he'd returned just minutes after Jiyong had left. All he knew was that Jiyong had gotten upset and needed some air. The nurse had said it softly, under her breath, as she inserted something into Seungri's IV and patted the boy on the shoulder.

 

Tears had glistened in Seungri's eyes, but he quickly wiped it away as Seunghyun sat down beside him. Sniffling twice, Seungri closed his eyes. Other than turning his face slightly toward Seunghyun direction, as though he needed the presence of someone, Seungri never acknowledged that hyung of his. He had fallen asleep soon afterwards.

 

 

A different nurse entered the room a few minutes after Jiyong was settled into his bed. She offered a handful of pills to the sullen leader. She waited until he'd swallowed them and downed a cup full of water before retreating from the room. And shortly, Jiyong was fast asleep too.

 

Convince that the leader and the maknae would be asleep for a while, Seunghyun pulled his two dongsaeng out with him to the hall and spent a good hour discussing on the two patients. Youngbae and Daesung told the older about their conversation with Jiyong and in return Seunghyun told them about the conversation he had been privy to when Seungri first woke up. They discussed about the accident. On how it was affecting Seungri's life. On how it affect their all life now. But there is nothing either of them wouldn't do for Seungri. The question wasn't 'if' they would get him through this painful time, but 'how'.

 

By the time they had finished, they at least had a plan of action for when Seungri is release from the hospital, but still, had no idea how to put the broken pieces Seungri back together again.

 

 

And from there it only got worse. Seungri hadn't slept well that entire first after waking up. He tossed and turned, mumbling and calling out names and even panting heavily until Jiyong couldn't take it anymore. He climbed into bed with his maknae and hugged him.

 

A comforting hand on Seungri's chest finally had the little one calm enough to get at least an hour or two of good sleep. But when he woken up, Seungri acted as though Jiyong wasn't there with him. As though his touch meant nothing to him and doesn't actually exist.

 

"Seungri ah, I'm sorry..." Jiyong said, trying to get Seungri's attention. But Seungri said nothing. His eyes focused unsteadily on the dresser across the room and he lay still in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter