Trying To Forget (Henry's POV)

Trapped With the Memories of You

Silence, and then I felt it. A body was laying over me. I could hear the screams around me, but my body was numb, it refused to move or even react. I saw the worried faces of people looking down at me, I saw the neon signs of the store my body was blocking. I continued to stare back up without any sign of emotion on my face, and then I started feeling the pain. I let out a groan as I felt the sharp stinging in the back of my head. I sat up slowly and cautiously and looked around me. I saw worried faces, angry expressions, and when I looked down to the right I saw the stiff body of my group mate Kyuhyun lying next to me. The pain vanished when I saw his bloody face.

“Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun! Hyung!! Answer me! Hyung! Answer me please.” I shook his body trying to make him move, trying to make him wake up. He was blurry as my tears ran helplessly down my face. “Hyung, please answer me….” Everyone around held the same grim expression. I was so scared, so scared and angered that I had hurt someone I cared about just because I couldn’t get over a girl. Just because I was so caught up in myself and my hopeless teenage emotions. I continued to shake him until I heard an extremely faint whisper.

“Henry…” I froze. “Henry… Are you okay?” I let out a deep anguished sigh.

“Yes. I’m fine! I’m perfectly fine, but that doesn’t matter!! Are you okay?” He was still lying on the ground and blood still slowly flowed from the side of his face. He groaned and clutched his side as he sat up slowly.

“I’m fine. Why didn’t you stop walking? Didn’t you see the truck coming?”

I sighed and put my head in my hands, “I wasn’t really paying attention. I was thinking about something,”

“Kelsey?” He asked. I nodded my head and I heard him let out a sigh. He slowly stood up and I had to grab his arm to keep him from falling over.

“You shouldn’t have pulled me away…” I said quietly. He looked into my eyes with a painful look in his,

“Don’t be stupid, Henry.” He paused and looked around, “Come on let’s get out of here and back to the dorm before reporters come.

“But you can barely walk.” I told him, the concern was clear on my voice.

“We’ll take a taxi.” By now the crowd had dispersed and there were only a few people still stealing glances at us. I saw an oncoming taxi and I raised my hand signaling it to stop. I opened the door and let Kyuhyun slide in before me. He told the driver where to go and we sat silently the whole ride. Every time I looked at him I saw him clutching his side in pain. Guilt and anger overwhelmed me. Why, why was I like this? Why was I still holding on to these emotions that hurt not only me, but everyone around me? Why couldn’t I forget her? She couldn’t possibly still care for me so why am I still hanging on to the memories of her? I had to do something, anything to forget her. But what?

“Henry, come on open the door. We’re here.” Kyuhyun’s voice interrupted my thoughts and I nodded at him. I helped him get out and I quickly led him into the dorm. We took the elevator after discovering that he couldn’t climb the stairs.

I opened the door and we stepped in. All the members were now in the dorm and their heads turned to face us as we entered. As soon as their eyes laid on Kyuhyun they widened and they all ran to him, pushing me out of the way. Seeing them crowd around him increased my guilt.

Donghae turned to me, the worry in his eyes making him look ten years older, “What happened?” He asked me.

“Nothing.” Kyuhyun said quickly. He looked at me and shook his head, but I had to tell them the truth.

“It was my fault.” I said. They all stopped and turned to me looking confused.

“What happened?” Siwon asked.

“I… I was on my way back from the SM building and I wasn’t paying attention. I didn’t look when I was about to cross the street and I didn’t see… I didn’t notice the truck coming. I just, I just heard the horn and then I saw the lights and I closed my eyes. I didn’t know what happened when I opened my eyes, and I looked around… then I just saw Kyuhyun there lying on the floor next to me.” Saying that they looked pissed would be the biggest understatement of the century, Kyuhyun just stood there staring at the ground. The left side of his face was still covered in blood.

“WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU SO DISTRACTED BY THAT YOU RISKED NOT ONLY YOUR LIFE, BUT KYUHYUN’S ASWELL?” Eunhyuk screamed. He had never yelled at me before.

“I was just… thinking about something.” All their eyes darkened simultaneously and I knew I was in big trouble.

Eunhyuk shook his head and looked down to the ground before glaring back up at me. “Why can’t you just get that out if your head?” My head that was pointed in the direction of the floor snapped up, and from the way Eunhyuk staggered back I could tell my glare was murderous.

“Don’t. You. Dare. EVER. Call her a .” He nodded quickly at me and just like that I had completely ruined any chance of believing I could forget her. I practically just murdered my group mate because he insulted her.

Siwon let out a long breath. The tension in the air was suffocating. “Okay guys everyone just calm down. Henry go to your room and calm down, we’ll figure it out here. Donghae call the manager and have him come down here.”

“Kyuhyun, I’m so sorry.” I said again. I felt like no amount of apologizes would ever make up for this. He saved my life and caused himself to be in agonizing pain. Even now he was still holding his side and he looked paler than usual. He looked up at me and smiled despite everything that just happened. 

“It’s okay. I’m just glad that you’re okay.” Siwon pulled him away and made him lay on the couch. I looked around but I felt that my presence wasn’t needed… or wanted. I turned and walked down the hallway and into my cramped room.

When I reached the room I opened the door and closed it slowly behind me. I flopped down like a lifeless doll on my bed and couldn’t help but be dragged back into my angry and guilty thoughts. ‘Why was I so caught up in this? She was just a girl. No, that’s not true. I knew something was different about her from the first moment I spoke to her. So what? It’s not like she was back home still thinking about me. It’s not like she missed me every day like I missed her. I knew for sure that I wasn’t just some insignificant thing to her, but it wasn’t possible that she would still love me back even a little.’ My heart hurt when I thought those things. ‘The more I try to get over her, the more I’ll just keep thinking about her. I really couldn’t stop my heart from feeling this way about her, but I had almost gotten someone I really cared about seriously hurt because of these stupid feelings.’ I let out an anguished sigh, ‘The only thing I can do now is hope that time would let me get over her. Maybe I’ll even find a girl that can help me forget. Worst case scenario is I’ll end up marrying someone who I don’t truly love. What kind of ed up life is this? Why did I even have to meet her?’  

I opened my eyes and looked around the room. It was empty and I was the only one in there. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the time. It was 8:17pm and I had fallen asleep for about two hours. Worried about Kyuhyun I got up and was about to leave my room when I heard voices from the hallway. They sounded like Eunhyuk and Donghae.

“Can you believe this?” The voice that sounded like Eunhyuk asked.

“It was just an accident.” Donghae’s voice answered.

“He could have watched where he was going, Kyuhyun’s in the hospital and the press is all over this. I have no idea how we’re going to get out of this one.” Eunhyuk voice retorted.

“Don’t be so mean to him, he looked like he was going through enough guilt. You yelling at him isn’t going to fix any of this. Yes, it is his fault, and yes he should have watched where he was going, but he’s probably going through enough guilt.”

“Bull! He just went to his room and fell asleep! I don’t understand how he could sleep through this.”

“He’s just a kid, Eunhyuk!”

“He’s clearly old enough to understand what he did wrong. This isn’t some little incident Donghae! Kyuhyun could be seriously hurt!”

“You think I don’t know that?! Just calm down, alright? Everyone is pissed at him, and he could use some understanding. He didn’t want this to happen! Stop being such a jerk and try to see this from his point of view.”

Their footsteps moved down the hallway and farther away from my door. I reflexively let out the breath I had been holding in and lowered myself to the floor. “How can this be happening?” I asked quietly to the empty room. ‘They all hate me,’ I thought to myself. I needed to stop this. I needed to forget about her. I needed to learn how to control my emotions, and more importantly, I needed to try not to get any of my group members killed.

***************

Congratulations!!! I give you all the permission to kill me. It's been more than a week since my last update and I really am so sorry! :( 

I hope you guys liked this chapter because I have some news..... Unfortunately, This story is coming to an end soon :'( Next chapter will NOT be the last chapter, but the ending is coming soon.

Did you guys like this chapter? Did you hate it (/_\)? Are you pissed off at Henry like all the other members? Are you... pissed of at me?  Tell me in the comments