You Probably Forgot Me (Henry's POV)

Trapped With the Memories of You

I ran out of the dorm with only one thing on my mind. Kelsey. I had to see her again. I had to tell her I was sorry. I hurriedly stepped out of the dorm building only to be faced with the busy Seoul street. Asking my manager to take me to the SM building would take too long. I looked around me. The SM building was at least a few miles away. I decided the only thing I would be able to do was run.

Down the main street and through alley ways as shortcuts I ran as quickly as my legs would take me. I countless streets and had to stop many times to ensure that I was in fact going in the right direction. Every time I would stop I would hear crazy fan girls screaming my name and that only made me run faster. Twenty minutes later I could see the entertainment building up ahead. I walked in through the automatic doors and greeted everyone I saw only half-heartedly. I jumped onto the elevator and pressed the button for the top floor of the building. I ran over the ideas of what I could tell my CEO, how would I get him to let me go see Kelsey? The elevator dinged and I stepped out. It never ceased to amaze me that the CEO decided to use the entire top floor of the building as his office.

I went up to the reception desk where a woman with dark-brown hair and a large amount of plastic surgery was seated. “Good Afternoon, Mrs. Jung. Is the CEO in right now?”

She smiled warmly up at me before answering. “Yes, actually he is. This would seem to be the first time all year that he isn’t busy actually.” She let out a little chuckle. “By the way Henry, I saw the new music video, very good job done. If you want you can just go through those doors and see him, but remember to knock first.” I bowed and thanked her. I made my way around her desk to the pair of large glass doors that astounded me when I first was accepted as an SM trainee. I knocked and a black haired man with tired bags under his eyes looked up from his paper work and waved for me to come in.

“Ah hello, Henry! Very good job done on the music video for Breakdown. It really quite did amaze me how you could compose a song as good as that so quickly in your training. The girl who left you must regret it now.” He let out a hearty laugh. His laugh always did bother me as it seemed he would mock others, but this time I was too preoccupied to notice. “What can I do for you today, Henry?”

I let out a deep breath, “Well sir, with your permission I would like to go back to America, only for a week, if anything a couple days. I have to go see that girl I wrote the song about. Sir, I made a really big mistake and I need to get her back.”

Without missing a beat he said, “Absolutely under no circumstances what so ever are you going back to the states.”

“But sir,” I was practically begging, “Please just think about it. I really need to see her.”

“No, Henry I just can’t do that for you.”

“May I know why not?” I was starting to get angry again, usually I would dismiss whatever the company disagreed with knowing that mainly, if it didn’t make them money, they wouldn’t do it.

“You have to do the promotions for Breakdown. This is Super Junior M’s biggest year; you can’t just skip out because you want to see a girl. Did you even think about your group members? Did you even consider your fans? Did you think about how they would feel if you just suddenly left and abandoned them for a girl? Your anti-fans would have a field day with this.” I stopped short of what I was about to say. Actually, I hadn’t considered any of those things. The only thing on my mind, just like always, was Kelsey. I couldn’t just leave her, but I couldn’t leave my group or my fans either. They were like my second family. “Oh and one other thing if I may add it,” he said, “Do you even think she feels the same way? I doubt she would still like you. It has been nine months after all. You came from a small town, Henry. A town where no one even knew what Kpop was. I don’t think she could have heard any news about you. If she did still feel anything for you Henry, I doubt it’s anything along the lines of love.” I hadn’t considered that either. What if she did forget about me? What if she took her own advice and went back to how things were before she met me. What if she had someone new? What if…

I nodded at him. “You’re right, sir. I’m sorry I wasted your time with this.”

“Nonsense, Henry,” he laughed again, “You’re a young boy. Of course you would miss her, but it’s best if you moved on now too Henry. If you gave your fans the same amount of love you gave her, maybe you would lose your title as the ‘Ice Prince.’” I nodded at him.

“Yes sir, I will work my hardest. Again, I apologize for bothering you, have a goodnight.” I bowed to him and left his office. On my way out I also said goodbye to Mrs. Jung. I pressed the elevator button and waited for it to open. When it finally did I stepped inside and pressed the button for the ground floor. When the door closed, I made my way to the back of the elevator and lead my head back, shutting my eyes. ‘I’m so stupid,’ I thought to myself. ‘Of course she wouldn’t feel the same way. Of course she would have forgotten about me. I was just another boy to her, that’s all I ever would be. Just a silly boy that came into her life, and told her he liked her. She could do better than me… she probably was.’ The elevator dinged again pulling me out of my thoughts. The door opened and I removed the sulky expression from my face.

As I walked through the main floor of the building, I bowed to everyone. I went through the automatic doors once again, and was faced with the same busy Seoul streets. However, this time when I looked around me, the streets seemed dull. They were loud with bustling activity, and happy faces greeting each other, but to me they somehow seemed lifeless. ‘Is this how all depressed, broken-hearted people see the world?’ I thought to myself once again. I started making the long walk back to the dorm.

While I was walking I was completely out of it, I bumped into people, and apologized, but it was like I wasn’t even in my own body. It was like I was a bystander watching from the sidelines. I was so caught up in my feeling of dread, I was so absorbed with the thoughts of Kelsey, the memories, the looks I would always secretly give her. Everything we had done before I stupidly confessed to her. I was so distracted by everything, that I didn’t hear the people screaming at me to watch out, I didn’t hear them warning me to stop walking. I just kept walking, not paying attention to where I was going. The last thing I remember was a bright light blinding me, and a loud car horn.

**************

First of all, I'm sorry about the short chapter TT________TT This is probably the shortest chapter i've written for my story yet, and i promise you the next one will definitely be longer :)

Anyway, can you say.... Cliffhanger? Henry... are you okay?? :( 

Did you guys like this chapter? Tell me in the comments, I love reading them ^__^ You guys seem to like Henry and Kelsey more than I like them :P 

Next chapter will be longer :D Please comment \(^O^)/ ♥