In Seoul, South Korea

Trapped With the Memories of You

Kelsey’s POV

Please fasten your seatbelts we will be arriving in Seoul, South Korea shortly. The time is now 1:44pm with a temperature of 75̊F. Clear skies ahead. Thank you for flying Delta.” The flight attendant’s voice filled the plane with unusual peppiness. I shook my head to clear my sleepiness. I had not gotten any sleep during this fourteen hour flight from all the intense nerves and butterflies in my stomach. What exactly would I do when I saw Henry? I didn’t even know if I would be allowed into the SM building. So what would I do, wait for him to leave like a creepy stalker? I groaned in my seat realizing that I hadn’t even come up with a plan for what to do. Way to be spontaneous Kelsey. “Okay, okay, don’t panic. First things first, let’s at least get to the SM building.” I told myself quietly.

“The plane is now landing. Please remain seated with your seatbelts fastened until you are told it is okay to release them. We hope you enjoyed your flight, and once again, thank you for flying Delta.” As the plane began landing we went through a little bit of turbulence that had me fearing for my life. I hated flying and if I could have, I would have much rather walked all the way to Korea. Finally after what seemed like a lifetime, the plane landed and I released the breath I was holding. After a while the flight attendant told us it was okay to remove our seatbelts.

I chose to be the last one to get off the plane so I wouldn’t be trampled by the other impatient passengers. When everyone was off I grabbed the small duffle bag I had brought with me since I was only supposed to be in Korea for three days. I brought all my necessities and put them in the bag since it was less hassle than bringing a whole suitcase.

I made my way off the plane and immediately felt like a tourist in the large airport. Having been born and raised in America, with English as my first language, I didn’t know much Korean. I was thankful that the signs had translations written under or I would have had no way of knowing how to leave this place. I walked out of the airport, not as nervous as I thought I would be. The immense blue sky had little clouds and the air smelled surprisingly fresh, the warm air held a little breeze that had a calming effect and all the happy chatter from behind me calmed me. I looked around for a taxi and when I finally found one, I ran to it as quickly as I could.

I looked through the passenger’s side window and saw an old man looking back at me. “Annyeonghaseyo, ajeossi.” I said using what little Korean I knew, “Um, chabalyo, um…” I struggled trying to search my mind for any Korean word that would make sense in this situation.

“I speak English kid.” He said. His voice held no accent and I could tell he was fluent. I looked up at the sky.

“Thank you, God!” I said gratefully. I looked back at the taxi driver. “Is this cab free?”

“Yup, you’re my fist passenger of the day.” I opened the door to the back seat and slid in. The cool seats were a nice change from the cramped airplane seats I had just been stuck in. “So where are you headed?” He asked, looking at me through the rearview mirror. I debated with myself in my head where I should go. I couldn’t exactly just show up at the SM building looking like this. Currently I was in sweatpants and a hoodie. My hair was in a messy bun, and I could already tell I didn’t look good.

“The DongJin Hotel please.” He nodded in reply and soon we were off toward my destination. It would be better if I go and try to see Henry later. After almost two years of not seeing him I didn’t want to look like this the first time he saw me. I should go take a shower and definitely change my outfit.

*************

“Okay, we’re here.” The taxi driver said as we pulled up to a large brick building. It had a large sign in front that said DongJin Hotel. Near the entrance beautiful flowers of different colors were planted and many people were walking in and out of the hotel.

“Thank you,” I told him. I looked at the clock. It was now 2:13Pm. “Is there any way you can pick me up from here at 4:00?”

“Yeah, sure.” I thanked him and got out. I paid him the money he asked for and walked through the doors of the hotel. The large, marble floored lobby was packed with people waiting at the check-in desk. I waited silently in the line waiting to check-in. When it was finally my turn, I handed the lady at the desk a paper that had my information printed on it. “Jeoneun Lee Suhyun imnida.” I told her, using my Korean name. She smiled at me and told me something that I couldn’t understand, then she handed me my room key and the person behind me rudely pushed me out of the way. Not wanting to start trouble I ignored it. I looked around the lobby until I found the elevator; I pressed the up button and got inside when the elevator door opened. I pressed the button for the seventh floor and got on.

When the door dinged once again I got out and looked for my room number, 710. After a few minutes of aimlessly walking around, I finally found it; I opened the door and quickly closed it behind me. I the lights and found my way to the bed. I flopped down on it feeling exhausted. I had barely gotten any sleep at all, but I needed to push through it so that I would be able to see Henry today. I had very little time in Korea and I couldn’t spend it relaxing.

Sitting up I brought my duffle bag to me. I pulled out my toothbrush, toothpaste, and hair brush. I walked into the bathroom and the shower.

*********

After taking my shower and drying my hair I went to my bag to find something to wear. I pulled out a pair of dark skinny jeans and a green t-shirt. After grabbing my black high-tops, I got dressed.

Looking at myself in the mirror, my outfit looked okay. Maybe if I wear a black zip up hoodie over my shirt I’ll look better. My hair unfortunately was not agreeing with me at the moment. Usually it fell in soft waves but now it was a frizzy mess. “Good thing I brought my straightener.”

I plugged it in and moved it through my hair slowly. After about an hour and a lot of hairspray it finally looked good.

I looked at the clock to see that it was 3:45. “I hope the taxi driver is here.” I grabbed my phone making sure it was in my back pocket and walked out of the room, I double checked if I  had my room key with me. I walked over to the elevator and pressed the down button. When the door opened I pressed the button to the ground floor and watched with growing anticipation as the door closed. The door finally opened and I was met with the familiar lobby, but this time it wasn’t as crowded. I made my way to the front door and they automatically opened for me.

I looked around for a while until I heard beeping coming from my right side. The taxi driver was waving at me from the taxi and I hurriedly walked to him, thanking him for picking me up. I slid into the backseat once again and he asked for my destination.

“The SM Entertainment building please.”

“Yes, ma’am.” I sat in silence and tried to find a way to calm down. ‘I can’t believe I’m actually doing this.’ I thought to myself. ‘Am I actually ready for this? Well I have no choice. There’s no turning back now. Hopefully I’m right about him still loving me.’ I groaned in my seat and ignored the confused look of the taxi driver. ‘This is going to be so embarrassing. I’ll probably break down crying when I see him… If I see him.’

*****

I must have fallen asleep because I woke up to the taxi driver poking my knee. “Excuse me miss? We’re here.” I rubbed my eyes and looked out the window to find an amazing looking building looming overhead. I couldn’t tell how many floors there were, but I knew that there were many.

“Thank you.” I said. I handed him money and got out of the car. After he drove off I looked back up at the building. I didn’t miss the line of teenage girls standing outside with posters of various artists in their hands. I didn’t know what to do so I tried to walk past the crowd and into the SM building. Immediately I was bombarded with angry fans yelling at me.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” I said against their screams. I walked away and made my way to the back of the line. As I was passing I noticed one girl was holding a ‘Henry Oppa!’ poster. I was planning on just passing her when she grabbed my arm.

“Do you need to go into the building?” I stared at her in shock, mainly for the fact that she spoke English.

“Yes, I actually have to go see someone!”

“May I ask who?”

“Actually for the guy you’re holding the poster for. I have to speak to Henry.” She let go of my arm and looked around a bit.

“Okay well,” she said after a while, “I know a way into the building from the back, but it’s pretty hard to get in there.”

At this point I would try anything. My time in Korea was very limited. “I’ll try anything.”

“Follow me.” I followed her away from the line of people and we went around the large building. Something inside of me told me this was obviously a bad idea. I mean who follows someone around willingly in a foreign country that they have never met before? But I was desperate.

My phone rang and I pulled it out of my back pocket.

“Hello?” I said into the phone. The girl stopped.

“Hey Kelsey, how’s the whole ‘I’m getting Henry back’ plan going?” Before I had a chance to answer her, the girl in front of me turned around and slapped the phone out of my hand. It landed on the floor and before I could bend down to get it, she grabbed my arm and was pulling me away.

“Hey! What are you doing?! Let go!”

“Shut up!” she screamed. I instantly closed my mouth at her intense look.

“Look,” I tried to persuade her again, “I don’t know what your problem is, but let me go okay.”

“Listen.” She said looking at me in the eyes. “I don’t know who you are, I don’t know what you want, but Henry Lau is mine!” The next thing I knew I was being dragged into an alley close by and she opened an old rusty door. I jerked my arm repeatedly trying to get away from her but her grip only tightened.

“Let go!” I screamed.

She pushed me inside and I stumbled on the cold, concrete floor. When I regained my balance and turned around I saw her swing something. I fell to the ground and an intense pain filled the side of my head. I lied there groaning in pain and the only light which was coming from the open door disappeared as it was closed. I grabbed my head and felt a warm liquid pouring out. It was getting and harder to close my eyes and eventually I was surrounded by a silent darkness.  

******************************

Moral of this story? Don't trust strangers! 

Sorry for not uploading sooner, I wrote this chapter but I didnt like it and so i had to write it again. I hope you like it and sorry if it was boring. 

Please anticipate the next chapter because sadly it will be the last TT_TT This story was my first ever fanfic and it's sad to let it go, but all things must come to an end.

Did you like this chapter? Did you hate it? Tell me in the comments ^O^ ♥