Chapter 12

Sharing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 12

 

 

 

“Surprise!!!”

 

“Omo!” Bom exclaimed and hid her face in her hands for a moment, obviously pleased by our welcome party. She came back from Seoul yesterday with her parents and I and my Mom fetched them from the airport.

 

There were hugs all around and no one commented on the fact that Bom looked so pale and lost a lot of weight. Everyone focused on the obvious that she’s wearing a huge bandanna and she’s rocking the bohemian look with her pretty big eyes.

 

My hair is old news now although it did set a commotion when I reported for school three weeks ago. Almost everyone thought I was crazy to have a bansak hairstyle at first but later on, I started getting compliments that it looked cool and fierce.

 

Bom expectedly was surprised and hugged me tightly when I showed her. I need not explain the reason why I did it. She knew. What are best friends for, right?

 

So here we are at the surprise welcome party that Chaerin, Minzy and I planned. We rented a noraebang and invited our close friends. I got Bom’s parents’ permission to stay out late and let her sleep over at our house. I was actually surprised that they did, thinking that they’ll be extra protective of Bom knowing that the operation didn’t go well but I guess they were serious when they said they were going to pretend that it did and not worry Bom.

 

Mood maker Seungri started off dancing and singing and everyone pretty soon followed the merriment. It was like nothing was wrong at all and we were just high school kids again. I really tried to set my mind with no worries like cancer and brain tumor and dying.

 

Bom was in her element. Singing is her forte. Sickness did not affect her voice and she was singing as beautifully as ever.

 

Seunghyun arrived in the middle of Bom and Taeyang’s Troublemaker duet. He was carrying a bunch of wildflowers and timidly handed them to Bom saying that he was glad that she’s okay now.

 

Bom was flustered and acted coy but definitely happy. “Awww, you didn’t have to,” she said.

 

“I noticed that you liked the flowers the last time so …” Seunghyun trailed, lightly scratching his nape with his right hand.

 

I have to admit. I felt a little bit of jealousy. Seungyun has never given me a single flower. Sure, we went out on a date but it could’ve been nice if he gave me even if it was just a teeny weeny one.

 

Taeyang then invited Seunghyun to sing but he declined saying that he was tone deaf. He gave me a little smile and sat with the guys while us girls stayed at the left side of the room. It became rowdy after a couple of hours. Since we were all juveniles and were not allowed to drink, we all pretended that the different colas and root beers were making us drunk silly. Seungri and Taeyang were pretty hilarious.

 

After their drunken act of singing FUN’s “We Are Young”, we asked Bom to sing one last time before we ended the night. She graciously obliged and asked for everyone’s cooperation. She picked Avril Lavigne’s “Here’s to Never Growing Up”.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXd2WxoOP5g

 

Bom even stood in the middle of the low table as her stage and we all pretended that it was her concert and we were her fans supporting and clapping for her. Seeing her in her element, she has never looked more beautiful. The rest of us sang along with her and even waved our hands in the air. It was a magical but a bittersweet moment.

 

I couldn’t help but think that life is unfair. We are young. Our lives have just begun. We haven’t even started living out our dreams …

 

Bom was singing the lyrics and they were so apt:

 

“Say, oh just say forever, stay

If you stay forever, hey

We can stay forever young…”

 

 

We were all singing at the top of our lungs. I wish we are never growing up.

 

 

 

******************************************

 

 

 

A couple of weeks have passed since the party and everyone at school is now busy with the upcoming Christmas Ball.

 

It’s the grandest event that we celebrate at school and there’s a palpable excitement in the air as boys and girls are all antsy on who’s going with whom and if you’re going to be asked out by someone you like or not.

 

Last year, Bom and I were each other’s dates. We were both heartbroken during that time since both of our crushes who were Seniors were going with their girlfriends.

 

This year, I’ve already been asked out twice but I have declined both of them. One was from a Sophomore whose name was Chanyeol, I think, and another just now, from a Junior whose name was Kris.

 

“That was harsh,” said a voice behind me.

 

“No, I wasn’t” I defended, recognizing who the voice belonged to.

 

“Don’t you have plans on going or you already have a date?”

 

I flushed. My heart has a wish but I don’t know if it will come true.

 

“Actually,” I answered after a while, “I’m hoping that I’ll go if …”

 

“If …?” he prodded.

 

I couldn’t say it due to embarrassment.

 

“You’re waiting for someone.” Joongki stated, as a matter of fact. “Does he know that you’re waiting for him?”

 

I sighed. I shook my head. “I don’t know.”

 

“Well he’s an idiot.”

 

“Hey!”

 

“Well, he is. How can he not ask you out?” Joongki looked affronted on my behalf and I felt his sincerity that I immediately felt like confiding. I haven’t even talked to my girl friends about it and Bom was feeling weak the past couple of days that I think that mentioning the ball will be a bit inconsiderate since she may not be able to attend.

 

“Ugh” I dramatically sighed. “I know right? I mean I even mentioned the ball to him twice dropping hints but he must be the densest guy I’ve ever met, it’s so frustrating!” I ranted.

 

“Said the girl who isn’t dense” Joongki muttered.

 

“Huh?” I asked.

 

 

“No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter