Chapter 11

Sharing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 11

 

 

 

“Your mother is going to kill me.”

 

“Chaerin already invited everyone so make sure you’ll be there for the surprise party for Bom, okay?” Seunghyun and I are in our lighthouse, yes, I christened it as ours. “Oh, I need to remind Chae to not forget to order some corn muffins, corn cupcakes, corn … hmmm… do you think that Bom can eat whole foods now?”

 

Seunghyun was staring at me incredulously. “Didn’t you hear what I said?” he asked, his forehead creased with worry. “I said your mother is going to kill me.”

 

I rolled my eyes at him. “I heard you. You’ve probably been repeating those words for the hundredth time.” I sighed. “You’re being overly dramatic.”

 

His left eye flinched.

 

Okay, I’m being harsh. I smiled at him. “Don’t worry,” I assured him, putting my right hand on top of his. “I won’t let her kill you.” I wiggled my eyebrows at him teasingly.

 

“Gee, thanks for the overwhelming concern.”

 

“You’re cute when you’re being sarcastic,” I observed. “and when you’re nervous like this.”

 

“You’re mother is going to kill me.”

 

“No, she won’t. If she’s going to kill somebody, it’s going to be me.”

 

 

 

**********************************

 

 

 

My earlier bravado left me seeing my mother waiting for us. She stepped off from the swing and welcomed me and Seunghyun. She looked at her wristwatch and then turned to us. “It’s almost midnight” her tone a little disapproving. “Did you kids behave?” was her loaded question.

 

“Mom” I whined, widening my eyes at her.

 

“I’m sorry Mrs. Park.” Seunghyun said with a bow.

 

Mom chose to ignore me. “Is there something you should be sorry for?”

 

“Nothing!” I abruptly answered.

 

“It was my entire fault” Seunghyun said at the same time.

 

I stared at him and elbowed his ribs. “Yah,” I whispered. “What are you doing?”

 

Mom crossed her arms in front of her. Not a good sign. “It’s late and I am not good at guessing games so can somebody tell me what it is that you are sorry about.”

 

“It’s not Seunghyun’s fault.”

 

“No, it’s mine. I shouldn’t have taken her to that place. If I didn’t, none of this would have happened.” He said apologetically.

 

“Why are you blaming yourself? It’s not like you forced me … I wanted to do it … “

 

“But still, it was my idea to go there. I should’ve been more responsible and because of it you’ve lost your precious –“

 

I cut him off. “I’m an adult. I make my own choices. How many times do I have to tell you?” Seunghyun and I are facing each other, Mom forgotten. We are repeating the argument we’ve had at the lighthouse that’s why it took us a long time to get back home.

 

“I’m the one who took you there so I’ll take the responsibility” he repeated his point.

 

“And how many times do I have to tell you that you are –“

 

“Stop! Both of you!” Mother yelled. “I swear if you won’t start talking sense, I’ll make the both of you shark baits.”

 

Seunghyun and I gulped.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter