" I've Missed You.."

Age Matters Not [SPIN OFF: 4ever and always side story]

 

 

~C h a p t e r  1~

 

 

Kris stared at the big, white-washed –more of a kind of grey now- building, his breath coming at short intervals. There he was, as Ah Ra had requested, back into his hometown, Canada. His clenched fists did nothing to hide the tension that was building inside him. The aura, the feel, the atmosphere of the school brought back memories to him which he had completely lost track of during his idol years.

After EXO’s debut had begun, he had had no time to visit his hometown, the place where his dreams had turned into reality. True, his real hometown was in China, back to where his mother was, but before visiting her, he had a duty to accomplish, and feelings to get clear off with someone in particular; Janice Feng Shi.

 

The schoolyard was the same as ever; some patches of grass showing where the land had cracked, a nature’s doing for sure. The trees where he usually had lunch were still there, if not bigger. Taking a deep breath to fill his lungs with the Vancouver air that lingered in the atmosphere, he took a step, then another, and another. The classes were all the same, with the exception of a few re-painted walls and chairs. *wow, their chairs actually have wheels now * he thought, his lips curving up into a smile as he passed by. The hall echoed with his footsteps, until he arrived to his destination; The gymnasium.

 

Nostalgia flooded through his veins while his gaze kept fixing the door. The victories his team had accomplished, the intense training that strayed until dark, the usual bickering and gossiping that captured the main interest of the basketball players while taking their baths.

*Damn, I’m turning all mushy * he grimaced at the thought. THE Kris never showed his mushy side; Never. His job was to act cool and suave around the fans out there, not to act all cutesy pie and joyfully jumping about like a stray rabbit, that was Xiumin’s and Luhan’s job, he chuckled softly to himself.

 

“Excuse me”

 

He turned, and his eyes widened in recognition. The person standing before him also looked taken aback as his elder face filled with surprise “ Kris?! What a surprise!”

 

Kris slightly smiled and nodded his head in acknowledgement “ Hey coach Smith, what’s up?”

“my my, as tall as ever” Coach Smith clapped the boy on the shoulder, his face breaking into a smile. “It’s been so long since I’ve seen you”

 

Kris – even though wanted to keep cool and aloof about meeting the one he was most affectionate to after his mom- couldn’t help but grin bashfully, happiness filling his heart. “Yeah, I’ve been busy. It’s good to be back”

 

“I was scared that you would forget me” Coach Smith chuckled and threw an arm around Kris’s broad shoulder “ Damn, I’ve missed you and your long legs”

 

Kris laughed “I’ve missed your motherly nagging too, coach”

 

“Hey! Is that a way to talk to his elders?!” The coach stuck out his tongue like a small kid. “ Heard you made it big out there in Korea, how about you show me a few of those cool moves?”

 

Kris put a hand to his lips, smirking maliciously “ that’s a secret for me to keep”

“You’re no fun!” Coach Smith complained. “are you here to see your juniors?” he lay a hand on the door handle.

Kris nodded “ They’ve grown so much, I’m sure”

 

The coach chuckled and opened the double doors, giving Kris a wonderful view of all the basketball players training for practice. On one side, the team of boys who were playing for the championship of this year were busy having some intense training session. Kris goggled at how fluid and smooth their moves were. On the other side was the particular class that Coach Smith was supposed to be teaching right now, and Kris wondered briefly what the hell was Coach Smith doing, not attending his classes.

 

At the sight of the tall, blonde and good-looking man standing leisurely by the sidelines, everyone slowly stopped and gawped at him. The boys’ mouth hanging with admiration at how cool-looking and handsome Kris looked, and the girls eyes widening at the super hot-looking model that was standing right in front of them.

 

“Hey “ an average blonde haired, blue eyed California girl eyed Kris from head to toe and said ‘ Isn’t that…?”

 

“I know him from somewhere “ One of the other girls whispered. Kris blinked. *uh oh, not good *He had a plan to step back and just run for it when someone else gasped loudly, making everyone’s head turn in the direction of it’s owner.

 

As Kris’s gaze landed on that particular person, he took a sharp intake of breath. She had been standing on the bleachers, reading a book while watching the others play, and had now dropped it at her feet, hanging open like a goldfish. Her eyes were as wide as saucers, and if it hadn’t been for the long-lost and surprised expression on her face, Kris would have made a run for it. *But that face * he stared some more, frowning. He knew her, and gasped as well when recognition took over his heart.

 

“Jan?” He murmured.

He uttered his whisper, and didn’t actually expect her to hear. But she jolted at the sound of her name being called out.

With wide eyes, she said “ Kris”

 

“Fellas! This, as you can see, was my star basketball player!” Coach Smith brought him back to his senses as he tore his gaze away from the girl, bowing politely to the championship members when inwardly, he wanted to turn back and stare at her again like he had been a minute ago.  

“hey guys, I’m Kris Wu”

 

The members eyed him, curiousness and suspicion bathing in their eyes. “You’re the star basketball player?” One of them asked, his voice cold and a little hostile, in Kris’s opinion.

*he acts like he’s talking to his dog * Kris thought, frowning. “Yeah “ he shoved his hands into his pockets “ I was the captain of the team”

“You don’t look it “ another pointed out, although he shouldn’t have been talking in the first place since he was as small as a midget. Coach Smith furrowed his eyebrows “ Hey, what are those manners? I expect you to act right towards your seniors, Martin “

 

“S’alright coach “ Kris diverted his attention the the class Coach Smith was occupied with, and bowed slightly and nodding “ hello “

 

“Bingo! That’s EXO’s Kris! “ One of the girls clicked her fingers together; a petite brunette with clear grey eyes.

 

“I knew it! Kris Oppaaaaa~!” At once, a horde of girls were placed in front of the said idol as he took a step back, baffled and half-amused. Coach Smith came to his rescue and pushed the girls back. “ I never said to show too much attention too “

 

“sorry Coach Smith” They chorused, still eyeing the tall handsome stranger.

 

‘right, get back to shooting those basketballs, shoo!” He clapped his hands as the students dispersed, still giving him looks now and then. Kris sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose; at least they weren’t as crazy as the sasaeng fans. For once, he admired them for giving him his personal space. * Those sasaeng fans were crazy, trying to touch me everywhere * he shuddered involuntarily.

 

His eyes flew back to the girl his gaze had been fixed upon, and found her staring right back at him with an incredulous look on her face. *Damn, she changed *

 

He walked towards her, his strides getting all the more nervous as his back started to sweat with nervousness and tension. He had never expected to meet her like this, not here, not now. Actually, he was planning to surprise her all along. *heh, such a fail *.

She stood up again, her face tilted up to him as he stopped in front of her, his tall frame towering over her like some kind of massive tower building.

He smiled “ Hey Jan, long time no see”

 

She could only gape. “ ‘long time no see?’ “ she quoted “ is that what you say to someone you’ve just seen after 4 freaking years?” she whispered, trying to hold in the emotions that were threatening to burst out of her body. She struggled with herself, clamping her lips together in agitation.

 

She blinked rapidly so that as not to let the tears fall, tears of joy “ You idiot!” She punched him slightly “ I missed you! ‘ then, surprising Kris with her bold action, she threw herself at him and hugged him tight, her face buried in his chest as she sniffled, hiding her now tear-stained face.

He was shocked, but a small, smooth grin took place shortly after as he put his arms around her, rocking her back and forth. “wow, I never knew you liked skinship that much Jan. Last time I heard, you were all grumpy and cold”

She pulled away instantly but Kris would not let that happen. Instead, he pulled her back into his embrace, chuckling ever so slightly at her annoyed expression.

“ How’s my ‘piggy?” He quoted, a nickname that had stuck for years during their friendship because of the amount of food Janice could eat.

She pulled back, grimacing ‘ very funny,  you Ben Ben ‘ she chuckled slightly  “Or should I say, Mr. Dragon?’ again, she quoted another name that Kris’s fans had given him after his debut.

She hated to admit it, but she actually knew all his songs by heart, and if one would scroll over her iPod, the most played songs would have been his.

 

Kris could merely roll his eyes. Dragon he could accept, but what the hell? Was she calling him a Dumb Dumb? He narrowed his eyed piercingly “ Oi, you looking for a fight?”

“Bring it on, Big Bird “ she shot back, laughing at his incredulous expression.

 

“so have you been stalking me? It’s the only reason I can muster about how you know all my nicknames” Kris surrendered, showing out his big hands to her and cocking an eyebrow; something he was very good at whereas Janice was struggling with it. Not that she didn’t have beautiful eyebrows but let’s say she was just unskilled in that department.

 

Flustered and caught red-handed, she looked away and murmured something incoherent.

“What was that?” Kris cupped his ear, leaning in slightly.

“ I said that my friends are big fans of yours ‘ she repeated, her expression grumpy and unsociable.

*still the same old grumpy grandma I know * He grinned. “good to see you haven’t changed” He reached out for a high-five, but she blankly looked at him and ignored his hand.

“You idiot, leaving me like a loner raising my hand like that” Kris lowered his hand and scratched his neck instead, cheeks flaming as she laughed. “Your face BenBen, Puahaha!”

He sent her a scowl “ shut up”

But on the inside, he was grinning and running around wildly, a permanent smile etched on his face * It’s so good to see you again, Jan*

 

 

-----------

 

i'm sorry once again for all teh typo errors >.>But gah, i don't have time to read through them T.T so sorry~ 

Anyway, here's the first chappie! Please let me know what you think of the story! *Bows sincerely * And i'm really sorry if my writing isn't to the standard :( Somehow, i've lost the touch but gah, i'm in the middle of exams u.u 

Subscribe and Comment ! <3