Epilogue

Age Matters Not [SPIN OFF: 4ever and always side story]

-5 years later

Janice is twenty-one years old, while Kris is twenty-eight.

 

 

 

Janice was late. 

She tore through the crowd, pushing past random people on the street as she felt her body collide with random strangers, inwardly apologizing thoroughly in her head while she wove her way through the mob. Her feet were throbbing from too much running -especially in those killer high heels- her head spinning from the lack of sleep yesterday night- she couldn't sleep, too excited at the prospect of meeting that one important person that meant the world to her- and most of all, her heart was running a mile a minute, each familiar thump against her chest reminding her that she had to hurry, as she was on a race against time. 

She was one of the most punctual persons that lived, never missing any meeting nor coming late just because of sheer lazyness that had taken over her, but the fact that the excitement boiling inside her was on the brink of overflowing, wasn't helping things at all. On the contrary, she decided that it was the only factor slowing her down. 

Finally, she spotted the familiar café in which her sweetheart was surely already waiting impatiently, very far from the central town, in a remote place near the woods. She could imagine hi now, hands crossed over his chest with his shades on, like a runaway model that had walked out of a celebrity magazine. He was one to draw attention to himself whether he liked it or not, and it was a trait that Janice had come to hate. Possessive was never in her vocabulary, but it did in times when women would swoon at her boyfriend's charms and looks. It was just natural for him to be  so charismatic, and for that, she loathed him. 

Welcoming bells tinkled to announce her arrival as she barged through the door of the shop, slightly out of breath. Her gaze scanned the room, and her shoulders were about to sag defeatedly when a familiar figure caught her eye. 

Too familiar. 

With a cry, she dashed past all the tables and flung herself at him, not caring whether the table could topple over under her weight. They both fell over, crashing to the ground with him squished under her full body mass. 

She lifted her eyes to his face and smiled guiltily "Oops, i'm sorry" she said meekly as a greeting, slowly getting up and dusting off invisible dirt from her skirt. He watched her with a half-amused smirk, getting up as well and taking back his seat. "I should definitely be absent more often. See how well you treat me when you miss me" 

His smirk deepened when he got the response he was expecting; she flushed, coughing softly and playing with the scarf around her neck "I didn't say anything". He hadn't changed throughout his six months absence, sporting his usual dishevelled blonde hair with glasses and a black mask to cover his face. Even if EXO's popularity had decreased somewhat due to SM's new boygroups, fans were still after them, and Kris had to be cautious. 

 

"I missed you" He murmured, the tip of his ears glowing a soft shade of pink when her head snapped back to look at him, awestruck at the sound of his voice. The deep, soft alto tone that could comfort her, was back again. Her favourite melody, was here to make her feel loved. 

It took a moment for his words to sink in "W-what?" She spluttered. 

"You heard what i said" Swiftly moving his hand across the table, he overlapped his fingers with hers, still amazed at how well they fit together, filling each corners like two lost pieces that had found the missing one. "It's been so long but, you haven't changed one bit" 

"What did you expect? Me to get fat?" She asked, sarcasm dripping from her voice. 

He chuckled "yeah, so that no men would look at you, and you'd be mine" 

She blushed, but quickly covered it back with her same old pokerface "Possessive" 

"I'm not possessive, it's what every boyfriend does" He protested for good measure. 

She rolled her eyes "Possessive Jerk" 

"But you love that jerk" his eyes were shining. 

"oh please, don't flatter yourself" 

He suddenly tugged on her hand and leaned in so that their noses were merely apart "I don't need to" He pecked her softly on the nose. She cringed "Yah! Don't start kissing me randomly like that!" 

As a response, he only chuckled and ruffled her hair, unaffected by her behaviour "You know you like it" 

 

--------------

 

 

Spending the day together with Kris brought back so many memories to Janice's mind. Those romantic, love-filled memories that she hoped would never vanish away. Walking back down the road to her house, she tilted her head to watch in amazement, how the world turned to black, stars filling the vast space with their light. They shined brilliantly in the distance, and Janice thought that somehow, they ressembled hers and Kris's love. Even though they wer very far away from each other, they still shined, passionately burning their light. 

She felt someone's eyes upon her, and turning, she almost shrieked at the close proximity of Kris's face. An automatic blush made its way towards her face, coating her cheeks with a tinging pink light. 
"W-what are you staring at?" 

"At you" He bluntly replied. She wanted to facepalm herself for the embarassing situation, and cleared . 

Chuckling at her cute reaction, his hand reached out to entwine his fingers with hers, a smile grazing his lips as he tugged her to him, so that she fell against his chest. She blinked up at him in bewilderment, and he quickly pulled her up for a chaste kiss on the lips. She blinked rapidly, her heart nervously beating inside her chest. 
"What was that for?!" She protested, trying to pull away. 

He held her in place and retireved something from his pocket. Quickly slipping it around her finger, he let her go when she felt the slightly cold touch of metal hitting her skin. Gasping, she held her finger to her face, surprise and shock written over her features.

It was a ring.

Her eyes flew up to Kris, wide with bafflement. Could it be what she thought it was? Could her wish be finally coming true? The small stone glinted in the soft light emitted from the lampost, fitting her perfectly like it had been made for her. 

"W-what?" She stuttered, tumbling over her words like she had just come out of a confusing carousel. 

Kris could only shrug, trying to act nonchalant when inside, fear was gnawing his stomach, sending butterflies roaming around his tummy "I want to make you mine before someone else does and steals you away. I want to finally settle down with you and create many more memories together. So what do you say about it? " he tipped his head, grinning "Wanna get married?" 

She did not utter a single word. Too shocked to speak, she looked at the ring that now held a deep significance. Her body was frozen, not processing the real meaning of his words until several moments later. She wonderef briefly if it was a joke played on her, but Kris didn't strike her as the type to play around with her rollercoaster feelings, especially since this was an important matter at hand. 

Kris watched the girl deep in thought, her eyebrows furrowing without her knowing it. He found the scene amusing; quite entetaining. Her facial expressions could be read by him like an open book, but her face was blank, without a hint of what exactly was going on in her mind. It felt weird for him not to know, and this sudden quenched feeling left him alone and in the dark of what was happening. He wanted, needed to touch her, wanted to feel the heat of her soft skin against his as he would embrace, and most of all, he needed to hear those three letters that would send sparks shooting  across behind his eyelids. 

She finally had the guts to look up at him, her eyes sparkling with...tears? as she suddenly flung herself against his body, bringing him into a bone-crushing hug that seemed to be jsut a mere squeeze for Kris. He looked down at her, shocked to find her sobbing instead of jumping around like the luckiest girl on planet earth, and his wheels started spinning; did he do something wrong? 

"Hey..what's up? Why are you crying?" He gentley prodded her face up to meet his gentle eyes, open and comforting. She gulped. "I-I'm just happy.." She let out a small sob again, turning her head so that he wouldn't get to see the mess she was in. 

"So is that a yes?" He let a grin slide onto his face, breaking the pokerface he had worn on earlier into a magnificent, brilliant smile that could light up a single room. She bit her lip, keeping her gaze on the ground and nodded. 

This time, it was his turn to crush her in his arms, cuddling her close to him like he was about to lose her tomorrow. "Oh gosh, I'm relieved" He whispered, kissing her earlobe softly. 

She blushed a full fire engine red, and was happy that it was dark, since she was so sure that he face gave her away easily "You knew i wouldn't say no anyway" She teased slightly. 

He pressed a kiss to her cheek "We never know with you, Janice Feng" 

If she had been fire engine red before, she was literally burning now, in hopes that the ground would swallow her up from sheer embarassment "That wasn't even a proper confession" She tried changing the topic. 

"Really Jan? " He looked at her with amused eyes "You know damn well i'm not good at that stuff" 

"Yeah i know that" She rolled her eyes "I mean, you didn't even officially ask me out either" 

Kris recalled the time he had decided to seal their two fate and bringing them together, having kissed her instead of asking her out directly. To him, actions spoke louder than words, which was a good motivation for him seeing as he wasn't one to be comfortable with those cheesy lines and concepts. 

"But you hate cheesy pickup lines anyway" he turned her and framed her petite face with his big hands, gazing into her eyes with something she hadn't seen before. True, the look was loving and genuine, but there was always a mixture of something else, something Janice hadn't taken a thought about it until now. 

It was desire. 

And with that, he bent down to kiss her long and hard on her lips, her gasping when he slowly massaged her bottom lip and sending sparks down her spine. 

Slow droplets started falling, the rain applauding their fate with approval. 

 

---------------

 

Listen to: Beautiful In White- Shane Filan (CLICK!)

 

-2 months later, after the wedding- 

 

 

Janice's eyelids fluttered open as they came face to face with the sunlight peeking out from under the curtains. Groaning, she tried getting out of bed to no avail, falling back and hitting someone's chest as she did so. Looking up and gasping, she came face to face with the most beautiful pair of eyes anyone could possess. She did the only rational thing she found useful, she screamed and rolled away, attempting once again to get out of bed. 

Kris laughed and pulled her to him, her back crashing into his chest as he pecked her softly on the lips "Morning beautiful" 

She winced at the nickname "Morning ugly" 

He pouted "That's not a way to treat your husband after all we went through" He wriggled his eyebrows teasingly at her as she blushed. Last night's recollection came flooding back when they had been drunk, only returning from their parent's dinner. They did gruesome things that Janice couldn't even imagine, and finally sealed the bond of becoming real husband and wife. She took a look down at her and yelped when she saw that she was indeed, stark . 

"Yah!" She bashed his face with a pillow and struggled out of his grasp. "Get off!" 

He cuddled her closer, trailing her kisses down her neck "So you did enjoy it, didn't you?" 

"Shut up!" her face flamed "I hate you" 

"yeah right" His hands trailed down her body and she gasped, looking up at him with terrified and shocked eyes "What do you think you're d-doing?!" her voice broke into a squeak at the last part. 

"Ready for round two?" He sniggered, a smirk coating his lips as she pushed him away "No! enough Kris-mmph!" He shut her up with his lips, moving sensually over her as his hands wove around her waist to press her securely against him. As much as she needed a good, hot and relaxing shower, the wonders his lips were doing on hers made her melt into a soft puddle, and she slowly responded to his kiss, hesitantly moving with his. It left him momentarily stunned and he leaned back to gaze at her, softly smiling. 

"Love you" he murmured suddenly, wrapping his arms tightly around her and leaning back agains the headboard, pecking her once more. 

She couldn't help but grin "love you too" she whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------

 

A bonus chappie, well epilogue :P 

Hope you guys liked it, Age Matters Not is now officially over:D see you guys in my other stories! <3

Don't forget to subscribe, comment and upvote :3 !