Pieces of Memories

Not A Cinderella - Ambiguous Love

 

Chapter 7
 
Writer's POV
 
"DIME angels?" Seo Hyun suggested, "How does it sound?"
 
Shin Hye just stood up before anyone could respond.
 
"It's settled then, " said Shin Hye, "It's DIME angels."
 
"Hey, wait... Why are you decid..." You Kyoung was about to protest, but Shin Hye prevented her.
 
"If it's done, should you guys get out now?" Shin Hye said.
 
"Unnie, wait... What about the instruments?" Seo Hyun asked.
 
"Lee Seo Hyun, you're the pianist. I can play guitar. I guess Yong Hwa can play guitar too." Said Shin Hye.
 
"And I shall be the drummer!" Said You Kyoung enthusiastically.
 
"It's settled now. Go away." Shin Hye said firmly. When Seo Hyun and You Kyoung were out of the room, Yong Hwa whispered, "Uhmm... I heard you can compose songs?"
 
Shin Hye glared at him and Yong Hwa shrank in that instant.
 
"You're not telling me to compose the songs for the album, right?" She asked, bullying him mentally.
 
"Uhm, no... Of course not... I can compose songs, too. I guess I'll be the one composing, then..." He said.
 
Yong Hwa's POV 
 
Her glare is just so frightening... How could she ever glare to me like that? Is she even human? I can't believe the innocent angel, Lee Seo Hyun could actually be the sister of that dark angel, Lee... No, Park Shin Hye.
 
Shin Hye's POV
 
I lied in my bed, closing my eyes. I intended to sleep, but... I couldn't.
 
I got up and took out a black note. It was a note filled with my self-composed songs. Well... Should I... Should I help him to compose songs? I like doing it, anyway. It won't be that big of burden.
 
Without realizing, I found myself a pencil and started composing with my guitar. 
 
Seo Hyun's POV
 
I was coming into unnie's room with my music book. But then I heard guitar sound inside. I smiled a bit. I know it must be unnie, composing songs for our album.
 
"Unnie!" I called as I knocked.
 
"What?" She answered as she opened the door. I came into her room as soon as she opened it.
 
"Yah! I didn't tell you that you could come in!" She shouted. But I didn't care and read her notebook. 
 
It was amazing. Every single of the pages there were filled with melody. Unnie's really great... Isn't she?
 
"Yah!" She screamed.
 
"Unnie... I think... Uhm, I wanna recommend a song..." I said slowly, "It's a Taiwanese song though. I want to cover the song, if you allow me to..."
 
Unexpectedly, unnie's expression turned a little calm, not fierce anymore. She didn't throw me that death-glare she always does to me. And that made me feel secure now.
 
"What song?" She asked.
 
"It's Ai Mei, meaning Ambiguous Love." I replied, "It's originally sang by Rainie Yang, a Taiwanese singer, unnie."
 
She didn't even respond me, but she just replied with "Oh"
 
"Unnie, so... Can I?" I asked, to confirm her real answer. It took a little bit long for her to answer my question.
 
"Practice the song on your piano, and show it to me by tomorrow. If it's good, then it's in." She replied.
 
"Seriously, unnie?!" I asked, not believing in what I heard. Then she nodded, and I hugged her hand to express my gratitude.
 
"Thank you, unnie!" I shouted happily.
 
I then looked at the notes and found the song she's currently working on.
 
"Unnie, what's the title of this one?" I asked.
 
"What? I haven't decided it yet..."
 
Eonjebuteo yeosseulkka nae mame jakku deureowa
Dugun dugun tteolryeowa jageun neoui misokkajido
Oraen sigan dongan na gidaryeoun unmyeong gateun sarang
Geugeon neoyeosseo, nan alsu isseo
Oh~ nae sarang geudaeran geol
 
Geudaeneun nae mame on jongil noganaerin somsatang gata
Geudaeneun nae mame nunbusige dagaon mujigae gata
Naegeman deulrige dalkomhan mogsoriro yaegihaejulhae
Cheoeumbuteo geudae maeum do everyday loving me
saranghae just be my love
 
[Lyrics: The Day We Fall In Love - Park Shin Hye]
 
[Translation: 
Since when is it, You come into my heartMy heart keep thumping even for your little smileFor along time, I’ve been waiting for this fate like loveIt’s you, I know it.Oh~ That my love is you
You’re like a cotton candy that melting all day in my heartYou’re like rainbow that coming dazzlingly into my heartWill you whispered me with your sweet voiceThat from the beginning your heart everyday loving me tooI love you just be my love.]
[Src: http://aikawaringo.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/the-day-we-fall-in-love-park-shin-hye-lyrics-romanization-english-translation/ ]
 
 
"Whoa... Unnie, this song seems great..." I praised, "So, are you going to sing this for our album?"
 
"What? Why are you asking me so much? Yah! Get out now!" She said while pushing me out of the room.
 
I smiled, even though at the end, unnie still pushed me away. But I'm happy she treated me better earlier... Just how she used to, in our childhood... Yeah... I missed her. I missed my Shin Hye unnie. My one and only unnie...
 
Flashback
 
Seo Hyun's POV
 
"Hyun ah! Hyun! Hyun! Hyun!" Kyuhyun shouted as chasing me to the corner. He was so mean to me... God, why did he chase me? In this world, why does it have to be me?
 
"Hyun ah! The cockroach missed you so much! Don't you want to se it?" He said.
 
"Kyuhyun oppa!! Don't do that! Please don't!!" I shouted as if begging for life to him.
 
When the cockroach was just a little bit away from me, I could hear unnie's voice, "Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! Get lost right now!"
 
"unnie..." I whispered in fear.
 
Kyuhyun threw the cockroach away and faced my unnie. My hero unnie.
 
Unnie was just a year older than me. But since she entered the school late, so we're in the same grade. Though we were only a year apart, but our personality differs too much. I was known to be a little princess when my unnie was like a knight who would always be there to protect me. So did Min Hyuk. He was our companion, but me and unnie always treat him like a friend, good and dear friend.
 
I adore Shin Hye unnie. She's my unnie but how could I was nowhere close to her? She excels in everything. She even does judo. Isn't she amazing? But I... I didn't even dare to touch cockroach...
 
"Yah! Shin Hye! What's up with that bossy tone? It sounds as if you're her bodyguard." Kyuhyun oppa said.
 
Kyuhyun oppa was the only child of Cho company, our family's business partner. Kyuhyun was around the same age as unnie, though.
 
"Don't mind it! It's none of your business, anyway." replied unnie.
 
"Yah! Lee Shin Hye! Don't act cocky! You're just a woman! A powerless woman! You'll regret it if you go against me!" He said.
 
"We'll see who will regret."
 
Then the two started fighting. No matter how I tried to stop them, how I shouted at them to stop, but they didn't hear me. They kept fighting until... Kyuhyun oppa passed out.
 
Kyuhyun oppa was bleeding, his forehead; his lips. But unnie did, too. She was bleeding like crazy. 
 
"Unnie!" I screamed, "Unnie, are you alright? Unnie! It hurts, doesn't it?"
 

 
"Yah! Lee Shin Hye! Who said that you could beat up Cho Kyuhyun?!" Appa said. I was hiding behind the door with eomma, overhearing dad scolding unnie. Unnie just stood still, saying nothing.
 
"I think he was overboard... That's all." Unnie replied.
 
Why? Why is unnie not telling the truth? Why did unnie not tell appa that Kyuhyun oppa pranked me? Maybe that way, appa won't scold her too much.
 
"Shin Hye yah! Do you even know what you were doing? You beat up Cho company's only heir! And you know what? His dad canceled their project with our company! Do you even know how much harm you made?!" Appa shouted.
 
"But appa... I didn't do anything wrong..."
 
"You beat him up and you still persist that you're not wrong?! Lee Shin Hye!"
 
"Appa! Why won't you believe me?! After all, after all... I'm a child whom you raised! After all... You're not my biological father, but at least you know how you raised me and what kind of person I was!" Unnie replied, defending herself. Her tears started to flow. And that made me cried too. Unnie's suffering something which was not even her fault. How could appa do that?
 
"I see now you dare to scream on your father's face, huh, Lee Shin Hye!" 
 
I saw appa taking off his belt and started coming to unnie. Unnie's eyes were filled with fear. Her tears stopped flowing. No words coming from her. It was as if she was silenced. I know I would never forget that kind of expression. That unforgettable expression on my unnie's face.
 
Eomma and I stood still, watching appa beat up unnie. I know I was wrong. Unnie beat up Kyuhyun oppa for me; for my safety. But now, I did nothing to prevent those harms.
 
But ever since childhood, no one dared to console the angry appa... Not even once...
 
I caused unnie those scars... I'm sorry, unnie...
 
End of Flashback