Chapter 5

Caught on Fire

Title:  Caught in Fire

Author: sambaaal

Length: Chaptered

Genre: Romance, Fluff, Supernatural, , Fantasy

Character: Baekhyun, Chanyeol, other EXO members

 

 

CHAPTER 5

 

 

Baekhyun could not stop thinking about Suho who came to visit him yesterday. Luhan, who had been coming to Chanyeol’s apartment, also realized that Baekhyun was acting weirdly. That cute guy did not even want to talk to Luhan or Chanyeol. Moreover, something which made Luhan worried about him so much was because he could no longer read Baekhyun’s mind.

 

Luhan was thinking there might be something wrong happened when he was not staying beside Baekhyun. He could not even understand and figure out what Baekhyun was thinking right now. He could not use his ability again towards Baekhyun. So, he just kept waiting. Waiting for Baekhyun to start the conversation and explained what actually happened to him. And also waiting for Kyungsoo, Chen, Kai and Sehun who had disappeared since yesterday without any news at all.

 

Baekhyun was standing in front of the window and staring at beautiful scenery out there. Actually, it was beautiful and somehow scary at the same time because there was snowfall could not stop dropping from the sky since yesterday. The weather was also getting colder and colder. Luckily, Chanyeol was very kind to give an outfit that made him feel warmer.

 

He kept staring at the scenery out there until the bathroom door creaked open by someone at the room, making Baekhyun’s sight turned to figure someone who had been out from taking a bath.

 

And unexpectedly, Baekhyun gasped and had his eyes widened.

 

Chanyeol. Was. There. Having. Just. Been. Out. From. The. Bathroom. Wearing. Only. A. Towel. Covering. His. Half. Lower. Body.

 

NICE.

 

Baekhyun gulped. Not understanding why his heart was beating more rapidly.

Realizing Baekhyun’s presence, Chanyeol looked at him then smiled slightly to the boy stiffening in front of him. And knowing that it would be an awkward moment, Baekhyun quickly made an excuse and walked faster leaving the room with his face looking down in blushing until he heard Luhan suddenly shouted from the living room.

“KYUNGSOO!!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol heard that voice. Luhan’s voice that made both of them feel worried. Baekhyun took steps faster to meet Luhan at living room, followed by Chanyeol who quicken himself to fully dress up.

Did he just mention Kyungsoo? Luhan mentioning his friend’s name? How did he know about Kyungsoo? Baekhyun frowned in confusion. And all his questions were answered when he finally reached the living room. Seeing his friends standing there. Seeing Luhan, Kyungsoo, Chen, Kai, and Sehun there.

“Wh-what are you doing here???” Baekhyun asked, almost screaming.

But they did not reply him. It seemed that Kyungsoo, Kai, Chen, and Sehun had just had a long vacation because they looked so tired and messy.

“You okay? Where have you all been?” Asked Luhan, hurriedly walked closer towards Kyungsoo, making Baekhyun more confused and narrow his eyes.

“We’re okay. Don’t worry.” Answered Kyungsoo.

“What? We’re not okay, I swear. We are not!” Chen barked out, trying to control his breath while Kai and Sehun also did the same.

“You know what, Kai was teleporting us to Hawaii!!! Can you imagine that? Nice s and everywhere, but what did I get in the end? Back to Korea and get a chance to meet that crazy guy named Tao again??? I’m so freaking crazy that------“

“Please! Please be quiet! Please….” Luhan interrupted, “The most important thing is you are all okay right now. I really worry about you, seriously.”

But Baekhyun slowly walked closer to them with his questioned expressions, “What did you say? Kai teleported you to Hawaii?” His eyes narrowed, making the situation in that room become more intense. Chanyeol, who had just joined with them, fully dressed, kept his eyes on Baekhyun who seemed so confused and a bit angry.

“Explain to me what in the ing hell is happening right now.” Baekhyun said in a bitter voice, he turned to face Luhan and Kyungsoo who were right now feeling really sorry, “You two have known each other. How???”

“I am sorry, Baekhyun. I’ve made you so confused.” Luhan said

But Baekhyun still stood there, eyeing them with his sharp eyes, “Kyungsoo, explain to me! Now!”

Chanyeol slowly approached Baekhyun and touched his shoulder, but it seemed Baekhyun was ignoring him and he could not stop glaring at Kyungsoo.

 

Kai, Chen and Sehun kept their mouth close. They did not actually know how to do right now. They were all feeling a little scared of Baekhyun. Even though, Kyungsoo had explained to them about everything when they made their teleportation to Hawaii, about wolves, Luhan, the different world where Kyungsoo and Luhan came from, and powers owned by those wolves and some human, including Kai and them, they could rather understand how Baekhyun felt right now. He must be very confused and frustrated.

 

Kyungsoo took a deep breath before started to talk, “I’m… I come from the world where no humans exist there.” He said, “I’m a wolf and have a power too like Luhan.”

It was silent for a while, then Kyungsoo continued, “Your friends here…” He pointed to Kai, Chen, and Sehun, “Have a power too… though they’re a human. Like you and Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun widened his eyes and gulped. Never figuring out the fact Kyungsoo had just told to him. Everything seemed not normal. Seemed complicated and unbelievable.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you at the first time. I’m sorry.”

“Can you two stop this horrible thing?” Asked Baekhyun bitterly, “I’m sure it is because of you and Luhan who suddenly appeared here and make everything become so confusing and terrifying, rite??? It is all because of you two, right???!!”

Kyungsoo widened his big eyes and so did Luhan.

“I’m so done with these! I don’t want my friends to be in danger like me. Just stop these things!!”

 

They were all silent.

 

“You know what, these facts really ruin my life. When I met Kyungsoo, I thought that he really wanted to be my friend, but in fact, he’s there because he knows that I have a power…. You made friends with me because you know I have a power, rite??? Right, Kyungsoo???!!”

“Wh-what???” Kyungsoo was shocked by Baekhyun’s words, “I am not----“

“And Luhan…” Baekhyun cut the words, giving his death glare to Luhan, “You think I’m happy that you are here? Hahahaha, hell no! I’m not happy at all! I’m so annoyed. You are a creepy guy who can read my mind! I HATE YOU!!!”

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol snapped him softly, reaching his hands, “Baekhyun, please stop----“

 

“DON’T TOUCH ME!!”

 

/SLAPPED/

Baekhyun widened his eyes in shock. Chanyeol stiffened, looking at Baekhyun and realizing what he had just done right then. He slapped Baekhyun’s cheek, by his hand.

Luhan, Kyungsoo and the other were also surprised by Chanyeol’s action. And Baekhyun could feel the pain on his cheek. His eyes were also tearing up.

“You… slapped me?” Baekhyun whispered, almost whining.

Chanyeol looked shock, of course. He realized that what he did was wrong, very wrong. His mouth falling open, but he couldn’t say any word. He quickly grabbed Baekhyun’s hand, but the shorter suddenly walked away, taking a step to leave him. Baekhyun ran to the door and slammed it shut, leaving them.

“Baekhyun!” Luhan called him, but it was useless. Baekhyun had already left the room. And they could see that Chanyeol also ran to catch him quickly, leaving the room.

 

 

***

 

“Baekhyun! Please! I’m sorry! Please wait!” Chanyeol ran closer to him as he followed every step Baekhyun took while leaving the building. And his steps finally brought them to the nearer place, or it could be called as park, which there were not so many people standing and looking them.

 

“Baekhyun, wait!” He grabbed Baekhyun’s shoulder, finally.

Baekhyun stopped running. He could feel the cold and hot weather at the same time. It was cold outside since there was still snowfall covering the place. And he could still feel Chanyeol’s hand on his cheek. Really painful.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean it. I am really sorry.” Chanyeol was facing Baekhyun and trying to control his breath. But Baekhyun did not look at him. His face was looking down. Softly, Chanyeol grabbed his chin and gazed him straightly to his eyes, seeing that the shorter was crying. Baekhyun’s eyes were tearing up.

Chanyeol felt it pained his heart so much. He quickly pulled Baekhyun closer by his arms. He hugged him tightly and whispered to him, “I am sorry, Baekhyun… I….”

“I am tired….” Baekhyun whimpered in his chest, “I cannot handle anything in front of me now, please….”

Chanyeol Baekhyun’s hair softly, still hugging him, “I’m here… You’ll be alright..” He whispered with his deep voice.

“But you hate me… you… you slapped-----“

“No! I don’t hate you… I never hate you and I will never hate you.”

They stayed quiet for a few minutes and Chanyeol still hugged him tightly. It was very cold there and the snow falling from the sky could not stop dropping to their hair and clothes.

But what Baekhyun felt right now turned to be different. It was very warm to lean his body closer to Chanyeol’s. He did not want to stop this. He wanted to be like this forever. Feeling calm and safe. Forgetting his life and just staying beside Chanyeol. Being with Chanyeol forever.

“I love you.”

 

What?

Baekhyun gasped. He could feel that his heartbeat was beating rapidly and his face was blushing and hot. What.did.Chanyeol.just.say.to.him?

“I have been loving you since the first time we met.”

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol face and slowly pulled his hug away. He stared at him in disbelief, but the taller gave his gentle smile yet very serious.

Then Chanyeol leaned closer to Baekhyun and… he kissed Baekhyun’s forehead.

Baekhyun took a deep breath. Very deep. He had never imagined that this would happen right now. All he could feel that there was a butterfly in his stomach. He could also feel that this was like something he had waited for so long. He felt that this was something he had been waiting from Chanyeol.

Yes… He loved him too. Baekhyun loved Chanyeol too.

Chanyeol still stood in front of Baekhyun. His expression turned to be more serious now. Then he said, “I… I burned my father.”

“Wh-what?” Baekhyun stared at him, had his eyes widened.

“I moved to London because my parents had already found my power.” Chanyeol continued, but his eyes were not pointing at Baekhyun’s. He just stood there, looking at the ground.

“Remember when suddenly my father called me at that night, when we were studying math together in my room?”

Baekhyun nodded at him, but he was sure Chanyeol did not realize it because that taller boy kept looking away from Baekhyun’s eyes.

“I was arguing with my father. I could not control my power and I burned him. I released a burst of fire from my hands to him…. And my mom saw it.”

Baekhyun was standing there in shock. His mouth fell open but he had no words to say.

“My parents and I decided to move away from Korea. They thought that I was being not normal because I have such power. My father took his recovery in London while I continued to study in high school there.”

Chanyeol sighed deeply, and now his eyes were looking at Baekhyun, seriously, “Then, I met Luhan.”

Baekhyun also looked at him, speechless, just waiting for him to continue his explanation.

“Luhan came to London and explained everything to me.” Chanyeol said, “At first, I was like you. I was so frustrated. I wanted to just die. I wanted to burn myself. But, luckily, Luhan kept staying beside me. He made me feel strong and accept the fact that I am different. And he made me realize that I have a different responsibility than other humans. He helped me to control my power and until now he still does it. Even he saves me. He always does. He cares.”

Baekhyun bit his lower lips. He somehow felt regretful and guilty to Luhan and Kyungsoo. He should never be angry with them. He did wrong.

“Luhan is always worrying about you.” Chanyeol said, “It’s not his fault that he can read your mind. It’s because he is your guardian. He is there to protect you. He feels worried when he cannot read your mind because he thinks that you are not okay.”

“He can’t read my mind?” Baekhyun finally spoke. His eyes’ narrowed.

“Yes. He told me yesterday… and this morning. He can no longer read your mind.” Chanyeol replied, “Is there something happening to you?”

But Baekhyun just stared at Chanyeol in disbelief. He remembered about Suho who came to visit him yesterday. He also remembered about something that Suho told to him.

 

“Don’t you feel tired of someone who can read your mind freely?” Suho asked, “Don’t you need a lil privacy in your life?”

 

Baekhyun never thought that it could work.

 

“He can read your mind because you let him to do it.” Suho said giving his best smile, “You can always refuse him whenever you don’t want your mind to be read.”

 

Yes, it worked.

“There… there was someone visiting me yesterday.” Baekhyun said, making Chanyeol frowned, “His name is Suho. He said he wants to visit me again.”

“Suho?”

Suddenly, the weather was getting really cold this time. The snowfall dropped very fast to the ground. It was also wind suddenly rushing their body making them shiver from the cold. Baekhyun and Chanyeol furrowed their eyebrows. Chanyeol hurriedly took a step to protect the fragile guy beside him and looked around in his sharp eyes. There was something coming closer to them. No. it was not something, but things.

Baekhyun tried to look at surroundings though there was also fog covering their sight. Suddenly, they could see some persons from a distance. Their presence was getting closer. And finally, they stopped walking in front of them. Standing firmly and smiling.

“Nice to meet you, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun widened his eyes. It was Suho standing in front of him. Not really close, but he could feel Suho’s eyes never leaving his movement. He could also see Xiumin standing beside Suho and a guy with creepy panda eyes who also stood there like a bodyguard. And wait, he brought a sword on his hand.

“Who are you?” Chanyeol snarled, looking straightly at Suho

Suho smiled, like always, the angelic smile Baekhyun had seen last time.

“Aaaah~ you must be Chanyeol.” Said Suho, “Chanyeol… a handsome guy having a power of flame.”

But Chanyeol stood there, he gestured Baekhyun to hide behind him, never stop protecting.

“Let me introduce myself and my friends.” Suho continued, “I’m Suho. This is Xiumin…. And this is Tao.” He pointed to the guy bringing a sword.

Yes, Tao. Sehun had once mentioned that name when arriving at Chanyeol’s apartment.

“What do you want?”

“What do we want?” Suho asked, responding Chanyeol’s question, “We want to meet Baekhyun. Right, Baekhyun?” He turned to look at the guy behind Chanyeol

But Baekhyun kept quiet. He just stood there glancing Suho.

“We want your answer, Baekhyun.” Suho continued. Chanyeol eyes widened, he seemed confused and curious.

“Will you take my invitation to come to my world… or not?”

“What??” Chanyeol was surprised, then he looked at Baekhyun, giving a questioning expression to the guy behind him.

Baekhyun bit his lips, confused. It was his fault not telling anyone about Suho who had ever visited him and talked about his invitation last time. If only he told everyone….

“I said, will you take my invitation or not?” Suho repeated, waiting for Baekhyun to speak up.

And finally, with his serious tone, Baekhyun answered the question, “No!”

Xiumin and Tao widened their eyes, and they looked creepier than Baekhyun had ever imagined before. Suho also looked a bit surprise, but then he chuckled bitterly,

“Wrong answer!” he said

Suddenly, Tao and Xiumin took a fast move. Chanyeol was realizing this and hurriedly he shouted to Baekhyun,

“Run away from this place!”

“No! I won’t leave you!” Baekhyun replied, making Chanyeol accept it hard. He quickly grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and ran away to avoid them. In fact, they were too fast that Chanyeol could not do anything else, but had to fight against them directly.

“Stay behind me!” Chanyeol said and,

 

BURSTTTTTTTTT~~~ He released a burst of fire again from his hands, ignoring the frost of ice released by Xiumin.

 

Baekhyun who just did nothing there could feel that the atmosphere was getting messy. He wanted to help Chanyeol, but he was helpless. He was being useless again. USELESS.

 

Chanyeol released fire again, pointing to Xiumin, making the frozen ice made by him melt. Realizing his friend was getting tired, Tao took a step and made a weird movement by his hands. And suddenly, Baekhyun and Chanyeol could feel an unusual situation happen around them. The snowfall suddenly stopped dropping. No, it did not mean that it stopped dropping from the sky, but it stopped falling. The snowfall stopped in the air and wafted!

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol noticed their surrounding and realized that some people from the distance also stopped walking and stayed at their position, stiffening. When Baekhyun quickly checked his watch on his hand, he gasped. His watch stopped working. The time stopped.

 

EVERYTHING AROUND THEM STOPPED MOVING. ONLY HE AND THE RESTS THERE WHO WERE STILL NORMALLY MOVING.

 

Claps! Claps! Claps!

Suho clapped his hands while walking closer to his friends, Xiumin and Tao.

“Time control. The power owned by Tao. Cool, isn’t it?” Suho said giving an evil smirk to Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

And suddenly, he moved his left hand pointing to Chanyeol. Thinking that it might be dangerous, Chanyeol quickened his hand’s movement and released fire again, but this time it was useless because

 

SUHO WAS RELEASING WATER FROM HIS HANDS.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened. He kept following Chanyeol who never stopped protecting him from them. But he realized, Chanyeol looked so tired right now. He almost defeated by… No.. He could not be defeated by anyone even Suho who had a power of water.

But fire could be easily defeated by water.. NO! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Chanyeol was releasing his grip and Baekhyun realized that that tall guy fell to the ground.

Baekhyun grabbed him quickly, “Chanyeol!!!” He screamed. Chanyeol was narrowing his eyes now. He felt very weak. He was wet. And so was Baekhyun.

Suho was seriously attacking them by the water coming from his hands. He did it on purpose.

“Baekhyun… run….” Chanyeol ordered him, but Baekhyun could almost not hear it because the volume was the lowest he ever heard from Chanyeol’s deep voice.

“Run.. now…”

“No! I am-----“

But before Baekhyun could finish his words, suddenly Tao grabbed his sweater and pulled him back, making Baekhyun gasp painfully, falling to the ground.

Baekhyun stared at Tao while Chanyeol was lying there. Chanyeol seemed to have no energy and very weak. Tao smirked to him, followed by Xiumin and Suho who walked closer to Chanyeol.

“This is for your punishment. We’ll take Chanyeol away from you.” Suho said

“WHAT???” Baekhyun could feel his throat getting dried. And before he could reach Chanyeol, Tao quickly grabbed Chanyeol’s body and took him away from Baekhyun.

“NO!! WAIT!!” Baekhyun stood up, “NO!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!”

 

But he finally stiffened. Xiumin suddenly released his frozen ice to Baekhyun, making his body frozen and trapped in ice cube. Baekhyun shivered from the coldest atmosphere he had never felt before. He was not able to move. He was helpless and got chilled while Suho, Xiumin, and Tao smirked to him with fully satisfied, and left by taking Chanyeol away… from him.

 

 

 

To be continued…..

 

okay, well, how was it?

sorry for making all wait for so long :"(

im a bit busy recently~ im also trying to finish another fic that i write

this is it MENTION ME its kinda fanfic lol

pls comment okay ;)

and this' my account on twitter @sambaaal