Chapter 2

Caught on Fire

Title: Cought in Fire

Author: sambaaal

Length: Chaptered

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Fluff, Supernatural, , Fantasy

Character: Baekhyun, Chanyeol, other EXO members

 

CHAPTER  2

 

“YAH!!!! Kyungsoo!! Don’t touch my eyeliner!”

“What??! I just take a look on it, I won’t use it. Why are you so----“

“I’ve told you. I don’t like anyone touching my precious eyeliner. I don’t like it.”

Chen growled as he couldn’t act as if he didn’t hear two people that were arguing beside him.

“But, you are just too much, Baekkie!”

“You don’t understand me!”

“But… but I’m just------“

“YAH!! CAN’T YOU ALL JUST SHUT YOUR ED UP AND FINISH THESE HORRIBLE ASSIGNMENTS FROM THE LECTURER! SURE YOU ALL REALIZE THAT I’M SO IRITATED BECAUSE OF YOU TWO!! I CAN’T UNDERSTAND HOW TO SOLVE THESE TASKS, MOREOVER, I CAN’T GET ENOUGH CONCENTRATION BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE JUST TOO BUSY WITH THAT YOUR-CALL-AS-PRECIOUS-EYELINER THING THAT I DON’T EVEN REALLY THINK IT IS PRECIOUS BECAUSE THE PRICE IS SO CHEAP THAT I’M SURE I CAN BUY IT. SO, RIGHT NOW, I WANT YOU TWO TO FINISH THESE AND KEEP SILENT AND ACT LIKE A GOOD BOY, GOT IT????!!”

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo gulped. Their eyes were wider and their body was shaking. Slowly and carefully, they nodded to Chen and pretended to be focus on their assignment on the table. Chen took a deep sigh and continued on finishing his assignments. Yes, they were in Kyungsoo’s room, doing assignments together given by their lecturer at college.

It had been one year since Baekhyun graduated from his high school and continued to take his study at university, specifically, Kyunghee University. He was 19 years old now. He never imagined that he would be at the same college with Chen. He also never imagined that they could get along together as friends since when they were in high school, their relationship wasn’t really good because Chen was always bullying his bestfriend, Chanyeol.

And, by the way, it had been also three years since Chanyeol left him and Baekhyun never expected that he would be very strong until now because actually, he couldn’t be able to forget about their friendship. He couldn’t forget about Chanyeol’s smile and deep voice. He couldn’t, until now.

But, Baekhyun thought that he was very lucky that he had a lot of friends. Kyungsoo was someone whom he met when he had just attended the college. He also became friends with Kai and Sehun though they were not always together since those two took a different major with him.

And now, he, Kyungsoo and Chen had become very close because they were at the same major.

 

After they had finished the assignments, Baekhyun decided to leave the room and come home since it also had been late night.

“Need someone to drive you home?” Asked Kyungsoo

Baekhyun smiled, “No, thanks. I’ve already been a man now.”

Chen laughed, “But, your face is just too cute to be an adult, you know…”

They ended their conversation by laughing. Baekhyun had already left Kyungsoo’s house when Chen was also asking permission to come home. Though, their houses weren’t really far each other, Baekhyun’s house was located in a district where people should pass the narrow path first. Furthermore, there were not really enough outdoor lighting lamps in the path so it was quiet dark to take a walk there.

“Such a creepy night…” Baekhyun mumbled as he walked faster and tried not to think anything that might make him feel worried.

Shivered by the cold wind, Baekhyun suddenly felt something that made him stop walking. There was something not really far from him. He felt its presence. He heard steps from someone who followed him behind his steps.

Then, he, trying to be a gentleman, turned behind and observed what might appear behind him. But, he found nothing. He was alone.

“No, there must be someone here.” Said Baekhyun confidently

“Yes, you’re right.”

WHOAAAH!!!! Baekhyun gasped then accidentally fell down to the ground as he was shocked by someone who suddenly spoke near his ears.

He, feeling pain on his s because of the hard ground, had his eyes popped open when he saw a man, not really old actually, even looked cute in an attractive way, though, having no really tall body, standing in front of him. The man wore a black robe he wasn’t sure it was a modern one some actors wanted to wear. But, he was good looking with his blonde hair and somehow, Baekhyun thought that the man was kind of an ullzang trapped in an old fashioned style.

“W-who are you?” asked Baekhyun with his shaking voice

That man offered his hand since he wanted Baekhyun to stand up. Baekhyun reached it and tried not to seem ridiculous and acted like a gentle one.

Now, they stood up and faced each other.

“We need to talk, Baekhyun.” The man said making Baekhyun raised the eyebrows, confused.

“You know my name?”

That man nodded, “And my name is Luhan.” He said, “Let’s go home and----“

“Let’s what? Yes, I wanna go home, but you suddenly appear making me confused and----“

“Afraid, I know.”

“What???” Said Baekhyun, suddenly rubbed his neck, feeling annoyed, “I am not afraid.. I’m just..”

“Afraid and shocked, I know.”

“What the… you can read my mind or something?????” Baekhyun felt anger since the man cut his words

“Like I said to you before, let’s go home. I’ll explain you everything.” Luhan said, his face was so serious making Baekhyun somewhat confused and irritated.

“But.. but who are you? Didn’t you think that my mom and dad will complain because I bring someone I don’t even know, and that someone is a flowery boy and-----“

“And they may think we are a gay couple. That’s nice.”

“WHAT THE !!!” Baekhyun threw his hand in the air with frustration and anger. That man had been pissing him off. He touched his head in annoyance and scratched his hair.

“I can read your mind.”

“WHAT???” Baekhyun widened his eyes as he stared at the man in front of him, “You what???”

“I can read your mind.” Luhan repeated.

Baekhyun took a deep sigh, very deep as he could feel that he was very tired of having the conversation. But, then, he walked closer to Luhan making his face very close in inch, “Then, read my mind… now!”

Luhan took a breath then began to explain, “You are shocked that you suddenly meet me in this place. You think that I’m like an ullzang in a style of an old man. You think I’m actually cute and attractive. But, you don’t like me. You don’t know me but you are confused why I know your name.”

Baekhyun was startled, and Luhan continued to speak, “You have just left from Kyungsoo’s home. You are happy to have many friends like Chen and Kyungsoo, but deep inside your heart, you feel lonely. You miss someone far from here.”

He’s crazy… thought Baekhyun in his mind.

“No, I’m not crazy.” Luhan said

Baekhyun dropped his jaw, dumbfounded.

“Let’s go home. I’ll tell you everything.”

 

***

 

Mom and Dad are going to Hongkong for two months. Take care. We’ll give you some money so you can survive.

With love,

Your mom.

 

“Damn crazy!”

Baekhyun eyes were wider as he read a letter on the table. He and Luhan had arrived at Baekhyun’s house. They found no one, luckily, Baekhyun brought the key so they could enter the house.

“It’s a good news.” Said Luhan. He sat at the couch while Baekhyun still stood up stupidly having no idea why his parents left him with all of a sudden.

Baekhyun gritted his teeth, “You’ve planned this, right?”

Luhan raised his eyebrows, “What do you mean?”

Being annoyed, Baekhyun sat on the couch in front of Luhan, “You’ve planned that my parents will leave this house tonight and you can enter my house freely, sit on the couch freely, and eat my cookies freely, haven’t you?” He said while Luhan began to eat the cookies on the table.

“Don’t be so serious, babe. I’m not God. I can’t plan anything as I want. It happens naturally.”

“Oh my… you are so annoying.” Baekhyun gave up and leaned his back to the couch. He was trying to understand what happened to him now. But, his mind was in mess that he couldn’t get enough concentration to think clearly.

Luhan stopped eating and faced Baekhyun seriously, “I am sorry for making you confused and annoyed.”

Baekhyun tried to relax, “It happened naturally. You are annoying in a natural way. I know.” He scoffed.

“I’m serious. Listen to me.” Luhan said making Baekhyun got up, sitting straightly and facing Luhan.

“I come from the world you don’t even know it exists.”

“Yes, because you are weird. You come from a different world.” Baekhyun still scoffed.

“I can read your mind because… I am not a human.”

Baekhyun popped his eyes, but he laughed bitterly, “And then.. you will say.. you are a vampire like Edward Cullen in twilight who can read Bella’s mind, won’t you?”

“No, I’m not a vampire.” He answered

“Then, what? An alien from the film MIB?”

“I’m a wolf.”

OH. MY. GOD. “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?”

“No. I can prove it.”

“THEN PROVE IT!!”

Baekhyun stared at Luhan while that stranger got up from the sofa and stood up in front of Baekhyun. But, realizing that there wasn’t enough space for him to do his action, he walked to the larger space and put off his black robe somewhere.

“I hope you have no heart attack.” Said Luhan

Baekhyun was still waiting, feeling confused rather afraid from what would happen next. Then, slowly, without being noisy, there was suddenly coming a bright light from Luhan’s body. Feeling irritated by it, Baekhyun covered his eyes with his hands. The light he remembered had the color of dark blue.

“Now, look at me.” Luhan asked

Being not sure for what he would see when he uncovered his eyes, Baekhyun gulped. But, he was trying to be brave instead. He would blame Luhan if he had a sudden heart attack. However, it was impossible that Luhan might turn to be a wolf. It was impossible.

 

He wasn’t a wolf, sure, he wasn’t. If he was a wolf, then…

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes, still believing that Luhan wasn’t..

 

“A WOLF??????!!!!” Baekhyun was startled. He grabbed the sofa and gripped it by his arms. He couldn’t stop staring while he felt the heartbeat beating so fast. No, actually, he felt that his heartbeat would pop out and he would die.

“Calm down. I won’t hurt you.”

Baekhyun eyes widened, “OH MY YOU CAN SPEAK???!!”

“A wolf who can speaks. Cool, isn’t it?”

Then, for a minute later, the light was coming out again from Luhan’s body. Frankly, a wolf’s body. And this time, Baekhyun realized that the heartbeat was beating more slowly because Luhan, or the wolf, turned to be the Luhan who had a human body and appearance.

“Calm down.” Luhan said, put his robe on, and then sat at the couch again.

Baekhyun tried to control his breath. He inhaled the air and exhaled it slowly, grabbing a bottle of water and gulped it.

“So.. are you Jacob?” asked Baekhyun, trying to act as if nothing happened and all of these were just jokes.

“No, I’m Luhan.”

Baekhyun sighed deeply. Really.. really.. deep that made him feel tired and couldn’t stand it anymore.

“I know.” Baekhyun responded, “But…” He sighed again.

Just read my mind now… I feel difficulties to speak. He continued to speak in his mind.

Luhan looked at him, understood. Then, he began to talk again, explaining many things that he believed those would make Baekhyun more confused and frustrated than before.

“I come here because I have many things to do.” Luhan said, “I’m here because I know you are actually in danger.”

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, “I’m in danger? But why?”

“There is something out there targeting you. They want your power.”

“My power? But… I’m a human. I am not like you.”

“Yes, you are. But you are destined to have a power, a power of light.”

Baekhyun bit his lips, then continued to talk even though he was so confused, “Why me?”

“Because you are a human having a power.”

Baekhyun rubbed his neck, awkwardly, “Then, what happen if my power is taken by that.. something?”

“You die.”

Baekhyun gulped, unconsciously, the sweat flew through his face.

Luhan continued to explain, “That something is actually a wolf like me. But he has different power. He plans to catch some people in this earth who have a power so he can own immortality. And now, luckily, I meet you.”

“But I don’t think that I have such power that you said it is.. the power of light?”

“At first, the power won’t come out, it keeps staying in you until you really need it and you are able to use it.”

Once again, Baekhyun took a bottle of water and gulped it.

Luhan said, “And now, my friend and I need your help to find some people who have power too, those people are near but I’m not sure who they are.”

“Your friend????” Baekhyun spouted the water from his mouth, “So, there is a creature like you who exist out there????”

“Yes, and he is going to stay with us.”

“OH MY GOD. Just give me a HEART ATTACK now! I don’t think I can play this game.”

“No, it’s not a game, babe.” Said Luhan, “It’s a war.”

 

 

To be continued…….

 

Hello~~ I've posted the second chapter >.<

I'm so happy there're some readers who read my fic

please give some comments and critics because they're really important to encourage me continue to write~

oh then.. we can get along each other on twitter @sambaaal

follow me, ne~~ THANK YOU~

AH SARANGHAEYO~~