Chapter 1

Caught on Fire

Title: Cought in Fire

Author: sambaaal

Length: Chaptered

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Fluff, Supernatural

Rating: PG

 

Never had I seen such a coward trapped in the handsome face and tall body of man like I was experiencing right now. Yes, he was. A loser I met when I moved to Seoul and became a new student in XOXO Senior High School, a handsome 16 years old boy having a tall and athletic body, a boy named Park Chanyeol who had been my best friend now, my best friend who always smiled cutely though when he’s speaking, his voice sounded like a deep sigh whispering into my ears.

 

-CHAPTER 1-

 

“OH! GOSH! YOU FIGHT AGAIN?!!” Chanyeol’s mom shouted in front of us when we had just arrived at Chanyeol’s house. Actually, when I’d just arrived taking him home.

His mom looked very angry, but worried too. I didn’t catch her exact expressions because it happened a lot when Chanyeol had just got bullied and injured by their friends, and I ended up by helping him, taking him home and making some reasons to explain to his mom, fake reasons, frankly.

“Baekhyun, thanks for always helping him, stop him when he’s fighting with their friends. I dunno if you aren’t there to.. arrghh.. I’m just feeling dizzy rite nao. Just have your own dinner, okay~ I’ve prepared it at the kitchen.”

After saying those sentences, the mom walked away and disappeared to her room. Chanyeol and I just stood up in front of the door. When I looked at him, Channie pouted and said,

“Why are you always lying to my mother? Why didn’t you just tell the truth that I was getting bullied and blah..blah.. blah..?”

I just grinned, “It just sounds cool.”

Yes, I always said that Chanyeol had a fight with their friends when his mom looked angry because of witnessing the injuries on Chanyeol’s face. I had no exact reasons why I liked doing it, but it was just I did not want his mom to know that her son was actually a loser. Sorry, but that was the truth. In my entire life, since I’d met that handsome boy with deep and y voice, I felt like being destined as his guardian angel. I even felt that I was more boyish than him with my black short hair and thin body, though I am not really tall and named with a lovely cute one, Byun Baekhyun.

I liked his mom, by the way. It was not because she had an extremely handsome boy, but she was just very friendly when she knew that I made friends with her son. Chanyeol was actually an introvert person and I knew that he had no many friends with him at school. He was also kind of a flowery boy that’s may be one of some reasons he always got bullied by their friends, who were actually very annoying and a coward too.

However, things did not really go fluently in life. Though I was very close with his mom, I didn’t feel any relation with his dad. Well, I would say that his father was very cold. He barely spoke to me, even he looked like careless with my existence. I didn’t know. May be because when we met each other, he had just arrived from his work since he’s a businessman and been too tired of working all day long. I just got a lil information about him from Chanyeol that he’s the type of father always busy with his jobs and often went abroad for finishing his business.

“Chanyeol, yah! I beg you, please.. I swear I’ll be kinder to you if you want to teach me about this assignment. I at math, you know it, don’t you?”

We’re at Chanyeol’s room having a lot course’s assignments to do. I swore that actually I was tired to ask him to do this thing. But, he’s the only one of my friends who was clever and hell yeaaaaah.. having a high intelligent. I admitted it.

“If you stop telling fake answers to my mother, I’ll help ya., got it?”

“Oh god! I do it because I want you to look cool and, you know, masculine.”

“But, I’m not. You know it.”

We somehow kept silent for a while. Yes, I knew it. But, I just wanted you to realize that I was trying to encourage you to act more mature and bravely like a real man. You were no longer a kid. As you knew that I always admired you as a person who’s very handsome and y as my best friend. But, it was just..

“I just want you to… you know…” It was always like this. I was always too afraid to tell the truth about what were actually staying on my mind. It felt so hard for me to do it. I just didn’t understand.

Chanyeol took a deep sigh, “I know, you may be tired of me, rite?”

“What??” I widened my eyes

“It is because of me that you often come late to your house and help me instead. Stop some guys who are bullying me. I know you’ve been too tired of such situation.”

Wh-what… I was not… WTH with such kind of statement… I was not… I was not tired at all!!!!!

Then, Chanyeol’s eyes were directing to mine. Our eyes met each other right now and I could recognize that he looked rather sad and hopeless.

“But, I hope you still want to be my friend… because.. I need you.”

I blinked my eyes many times. Having no idea, I was trying to say something, but nothing escaped from my mouth. It felt difficult to speak. Moreover, I did not also have something to say. I was confused with no reasons.

“I…”

Knock! Knock!

The door was knocked by someone making me and Chanyeol startled. It was Chanyeol’s father. He acted coldly like always. I just stayed there for a while when Chanyeol was asked to follow him walk out of the room. Then, because he didn’t come back for hours, I decided to go home without seeing him first.

Well, his father looked very serious as if there was actually a very important thing to discuss.

 

**

 

Class was started earlier than usual. This time, I felt that the situation was worse than before. First, it was math class. Second, there was no Chanyeol at class. WHERE THE WAS HE?????!!!!!

“Damn! Does he forget that the class is started at 8 pm??” I whispered to myself as I was trying to understand how to finish many questions on my math book. I turned left, where it should be Chanyeol sitting there, but the tall man had not come yet.

“Yo! Silly, where’s your baby? You don’t bring him today?” Kai, sitting behind, mocked me with his usual stupid sentence.

“Our babysitter is lonely today~~” Sehun, who sat beside Kai, did not want to miss the moment bullying me by his words.

“Just shut up!!” I shouted yet tried to not so loud since the teacher was in front of the class. I could not get enough concentration this time. It was not about the problem I faced from math questions. I was always confused to solve those answers. But, it was because that tall boy who did not appear since this morning, since I arrived at school and entered class.

The number you are calling is busy… please try again------

“!” I was trying to call him several times after the class ended, but the result was zero. I got nothing, but desperation. Where was he actually? If he wanted to skip the class this day, why he didn’t tell me at all? But, he’s not the type of person who liked skipping class. He’s diligent. But.. BUT WHERE WAS HE??!!! IN FACT, HE WAS NOT COMING TO CLASS. HE WAS NOT COMING TO SCHOOL.

“God, where’s he?” I almost cried as I kept searching him at every corner of the school. I was also trying to be calm and act quietly. But I couldn’t!!

I kept running and observing the entire school. Suddenly, I met Chen who looked busy with his basketball at hall, someone who always bullied Chanyeol and was very annoying.

“YAH!! CHEN!!!” I shouted and did not care at all though many students turned to have an eye on us.

Chen stopped from his activity and raised his eyebrows as I walked closer to him.

“Where’s Chanyeol????”

“What?”

“He isn’t coming to school today. You are kidnapping him, rite??? DON’T LIE TO ME!!!”

Chen raised the elder, “What do you mean???? I have no business with him!! Don’t be ridiculous!”

“But, you are the one who always bullies him, ppabo!!”

“WHAT???”

“You are kidnapping him, rite? Just tell me where is he!!!! TELL ME WHERE’S CHAN----“

“YAH!!! YAH!!! SHUT UP!!! YOU SILLY!!!”

He yelled at me making most students there look at us consciously. I was rather shocked, though. But, I was trying to keep calm too. Well, I couldn’t.

“Are you trying to make me angry, ha?” Chen said more slowly, but he was still annoyed, “Why don’t you just call him?”

I gulped, “I have. But his number isn’t active.”

Chen growled, “Then, call his lovely mom!! May be she’s bringing him back to kindergarten.”

I bit my lips, confused. Then, being messy, I dialed the number of his mom on my phone. As I waited for her to pick the phone, I could see that Chen also seemed confused and frustrated while most students were still looking at us.

Hallo.”

My heartbeat was beating faster as I spoke hurriedly, “Mrs. Park, this is me, Baekhyun. I am.. I… Where’s Chanyeol? He isn’t attending the class today, is he sick? What happen to him, I am-----“

Baekhyun.” Her soft voice cut my sentence, “I have something to tell you, right now.”

I waited her to continue her words while Chen was still standing in front of me. He looked rather curious as he couldn’t stop staring.

Chanyeol.. he’s at the airport now, he’s going to move to London.”

What????!!! It felt like a jolt attacking my heart as it couldn’t stop beating faster, “What.. what do you mean, Mrs. Park? I don’t….”

Listen to me…” Once again, her soft voice cut my words, “Chanyeol, his father and I are going to London and he will continue his study there. I’m sorry, darling.. I’m sorry that..

“But.. but why???!! Why it is all of a sudden that he doesn’t inform me first. Why, Mrs. Park?? WHY????” I said bitterly while my voice was shaking. I couldn’t think clearly. It was just so painful inside my heart. I couldn’t understand. All I felt were just anger, sadness, disappointment and.. my tears that were ready to flow through eyes.

“He just.. he doesn’t want you to feel sad and..”

-PIIIIIIP-------------

I needed no any reason this time as unconsciously, I released my handphone from my grip and it fell down to the ground, making the call automatically ended up.

I felt weak and it was like I was not strong enough to stand up. When I was kneeling and not able to look up to everyone and Chen, who was still there, standing awkwardly having no idea what to do, I could feel that my head was burning, even my eyes felt very heavy to hold my tears.

But, I do.. I do feel sad right now, Chanyeol.. I feel so sad and disappointed…

Suddenly, Chen was coming closer to me and picked my cellphone. He might know that the situation was getting worse. He my shoulder quickly as if he wanted me to be calm. But, it was just too late that I couldn’t lie to myself. I felt being betrayed.

 

Park Chanyeol, a coward trapped in man’s body, had disappeared since that time. I couldn’t even hear his deep voice when he left his hometown, and perhaps, leaving our friendship. I couldn’t even see his face directly and say goodbye to him. I’d never imagined that our relationship would end like this. Or may be, this was just a beginning, a beginning started too fast that I had no idea where it would arrived.

 

To be continued…

 

 

WAWAWAAAAA~

Finally, I've posted the first chapter!

hope you like it~

forgive me if I made a lot of grammatical mistakes in writing fanfic

Actually, I'm not really good in English XD

wait for the next chapter, okay *wink*

comments are love :*

you can also give some critics/comments/or anything that can encourage me to continue to write

THANKYAAAAAAAAAAAH~

AH SARANGHAEYO~