Chapter 6

Caught on Fire

Title: Caught on Fire

Author: sambaaal

Length: Chaptered

Genre: Romance, Fluff, Supernatural, , Fantasy

Character: Baekhyun, Chanyeol, other EXO members

 

CHAPTER 6

 

 

“Kris, we decided not to bring Baekhyun instead.” Suho said, standing in the front of a tall man who stood up, facing a window. That tall man smirked though he did not look at Suho. His eyes were pointing to a landscape he could observe through the window, seeing a view of their world, the world people thought it never existed, where it was no sun shining, and only a moon controlled the days, but his ears directly listened to what Suho was talking.

They were at a dark large room having some black and white abstract paintings hung on the wall. It was almost nothing existing there, but just those paintings, a big chair and table. And the taller guy loved it. He loved to stay at a quiet room or it could also be considered as creepy room having a grey colored floor, big window without curtains so he could easily enjoy the outside scenery when he got bored, filled by humid temperature dominating it.

After having an exciting fight, based on his opinion, Suho had already been back to his own world, with Tao, Xiumin, and sadly, Chanyeol. He hurriedly met Kris on that room while Xiumin and Tao were keeping Chanyeol at another room. Like always, Suho greeted Kris with his best angelic smile, though Kris had always known that the shorter’s smile was just a fake smile waiting for blood and fights.

 

“Baekhyun was being so annoying, so I take his friend named Chanyeol to this place. You know him, don’t you? He is the one having a power of flame. Fire. That can be easily defeated by me.” Suho continued, giving his grin to Kris.

And kris smirked, this time, he turned his body to face Suho, who was still standing not really far behind him. His sharp eyes made him look kinda scary, especially his voice, sounded like a wolf haunting for a prey.

“I hope I can steal his power.” Suho added, “Fire and Water sound very cool.”

“Such a genius.” Kris commented, making the other raised his eyebrows, “You are genius, Suho.”

“Huh?” Suho gave him a questioned expression, “For what I’ve said to you then?”

“No. it’s for bringing him to this place.” Kris smiled to him, almost grinning, “I’ve just found something that is more important than thinking about how we can steal Baekhyun’s power and make him die.”

 

Suho frowned, being curious. He walked closer to Kris and talked to him in a lower tone, “What is it?”

 

Kris gave him an evil smile, “It’s about Chanyeol and his power.” He answered, “A power of flame gives more advantages to us. It is more attractive than the power owned by Baekhyun.”

“Are you kidding me?” Suho said, “But, I thought that a power of light was the only power that could… you know… destroy us.” Suho added his last words with a slight awkward tone. It was a taboo for those who lived under Kris’ rules to say such crucial opinion, or… actually such fact. Even Kris who had a role as a leader giving all commands there never tried to mention it. He never wanted to feel like a looser who had a weak side and could be defeated by something or someone. He thought that his world was the highest above anything and he himself was the highest above anyone living in all places.

 

He never wanted to be defeated. He always wanted to be a winner. He wanted immortality. He would do anything to defeat all things that could break him. Anything.

 

“But the fact is,” Kris said, glancing Suho by his fierce eyes, “The power of flame is the strongest.”

Suho had his eyes widened, “What?”

“I should immediately take that power and,” Kris continued without hesitancy, “Make the owner die quickly.”

 

**

 

 

Chanyeol opened his eyes slowly. Trying hard to be focus on what he could see by his eyes and feeling his head being very heavy and dizzy, he realized that he was lying on a bed, a single bed that was actually a bit dirty covering by dust, in a room without having a window. It was only some candles lighting there and luckily the light was enough for him to notice that there was also a table beside the bed being used as a place where many kinds of bottles, bowls, plates, and spoon were lying at, making the taller guy have no idea what kind of room it was.

“I thought you won’t wake up.”

 

Chanyeol was shocked. He gasped by a sudden voice he heard. There was actually not only him who was at the room. When he turned to notice, he could see a man sitting at a chair at the corner side. The blonde man wore a maroon colored robe covering his body and black shoes. Chanyeol looked at him in wider eyes. That man had dimples when he turned to smile slightly. Chanyeol could also realize that he was tall when he decided to stand up and walk closer to the bed, sitting there, looking curiously at Chanyeol.

 

“I thought you were dying.” He said again, making Chanyeol raised the bows.

Chanyeol tried to move his body, but suddenly he felt a pain on his left arm. It hurt so much making him almost whimper.

“I see…” The guy said, had his eyes widen for seeing Chanyeol feeling pain on his expression, “Don’t force to move. You may feel more pain. Let me see it.” He continued and began to move his hand closer to Chanyeol’s arm.

Chanyeol just kept silent. He was actually confused. He did not even know who this guy was and not understand what he was going to do to him. The man did not seem like a devil. But he could not make an exact conclusion while suddenly remembering the last incident he had before he was finally at this room.

 

Having a fight with Xiumin, Tao, and Suho, ended up as a looser.

LOSER.

Suddenly he also remembered someone that was really important for him. Baekhyun.

 

“I need to go!” Chanyeol said, trying to stand up, but quickly that man pushed him back to lean at bed.

“No… you can’t.” He said, “You can’t go anywhere. There are many devils out of the room. You may be bitten.”

Chanyeol frowned. He tried to get up again, but the guy kept blocking and forcing him to stay in bed.

“I said you can’t go anywhere.” He repeated, “Now, please move your arm and feel it. Does it still hurt?”

“But I need-----“

“I said move your arm!”

And this time, Chanyeol gave up though actually he felt so worried about Baekhyun. It was so confusing, but he began to move his arm. Then, he widened his eyes.

It no longer felt hurt anymore. He could easily move his left arm and he was sure that the dimpled guy on maroon colored robe did a magic to him.

That guy smiled recognizing the meaning of Chanyeol’s expression, “It’s because the power of healing owned by me.” He said proudly

“You… you also have a power???” Chanyeol questioned, “You can heal people?”

“Of course. My name is Lay. I’m a wolf.”

 

But Chanyeol’s curious expression turned to be an irritated one while hearing the word ‘wolf’. This guy must be Suho’s friend. He must be at a place where some wolves like Suho lived.

 

“I should leave this place no matter what.” Chanyeol said.

Though, the guy named Lay had just told that there were many wolves that would kill him outside this room, he did not even give a damn. It was such a waste if he just stayed here and did nothing. At least, he should try.

“Such a fool.” Lay blurted out, “I’ve said to you before-----“

“I don’t care.” Chanyeol interrupted, “Now, let me go.”

Lay took a deep sigh, “It is better if you wait here. If you go, you’ll die. But, if you wait here a bit longer, your stupid friends may come to save you.”

 

Chanyeol gritted his teeth, almost moving his hand and releasing a fire to the guy who was now standing in front of him, but he remembered that Lay was the one who healed his pain. This guy looked like a good guy, though he was also annoying and unpredictable. But he could not do such thing. No, he should not do that thing.

 

“Why did you heal me? You are Suho’s friend, rite?” Chanyeol finally asked him, “Tell me what actually you and your friend have planned and why you all want to steal some powers owned by human?”

“How rude.” Lay responded, “You should at least saying ‘thanks’ to me, not asking such complicated questions.”

But Chanyeol kept waiting for Lay to answer. He glanced at that guy, hoping that Lay would answer everything clearly.

“Well,” Lay continued, “It is actually not my plan. And it is not my style to be a criminal by stealing human’s power and make them die.”

Chanyeol made a confusing expression, but he kept listening.

“You know what, our world has been very boring recently and it needs a new leader to rule everything. And luckily, we have Kris.” Lay said, “Oh, I forgot. You must not know about Kris. He is our leader now. And he’s the one who plans everything. He’s who gives us command to steal human’s power.”

“For what? What advantages will he get from it?”

“For being the strongest creature, of course.”

 

By hearing that answer, Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. How could such an evil creature who had such plan just because he wanted to be the strongest exist? He killed people. Well, maybe he had not killed anyone, but he had made some people be in danger. Especially for Baekhyun, he never wanted Baekhyun to feel such pain. He never wanted Baekhyun to die by Kris’ hand. He would never let it happen.

 

“If it’s not your style to be a criminal, why are you still staying beside Kris? On which side you are now?”

Lay paused for a while, then he smirked slightly to Chanyeol and broke the silence, “Because I don’t want to end up like Luhan and Kyungsoo, I’ll stay beside Kris.”

Chanyeol widened his eyes by hearing that, and Lay continued,

“They are such a betrayer and become one of Kris’ biggest enemies. Having nowhere to go home.” He said and took a step to leave, but suddenly Chanyeol snorted,

“Loser.”

However, it seemed not to bother Lay so much. He just turned to look at Chanyeol, smiled, and said,

“Oh, and you have to be ready. Kris may come here soon or later.”

Then he walked to the door, opened it slowly, leaving Chanyeol, locked at the room,

ALONE.

 

**

 

 

Chanyeol.. where are you?

Chanyeol!!

Chanyeol, why is so dark here?? Chanyeol…

Chanyeol… CHANYEOL!!!!!!!

 

Baekhyun opened his eyes suddenly, feeling a slight jolt waking up him. He painted so hard and realized that right now he was lying on the bed.

 

“Baek-Baekhyun!” Kyungsoo called him excitingly, quickly grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and smiled to him widely.

Baekhyun blinked his eyes, trying to collect his focus. His head pained so much like he had just slept for a long time. His body also felt weak, quite difficult to get up. He could see Luhan coming closer to him and helped him to get up, sitting on the bed and leaning his back to the headboard.

 

There were also Kai, Chen and Sehun with him in the room, Chanyeol’s room.

 

Baekhyun widened his eyes, then grabbed Luhan’s arm quickly, “Chanyeol!! Chanyeol is in danger. He is-----“

“Yes, we know.” Luhan hurriedly responded him, trying to make Baekhyun be calm though Luhan gave him a sad smile, “You should take a rest----“

“NO!! I cannot just stay here! We should save him! Please Luhan.. please…”

“I understand, Baekhyun. I do understand what you feel right now, but please… You should at first take a rest. We should also make a right plan to save him. I’ll make some plans with Kyungsoo. I promise.”

Baekhyun gulped, almost cried. He closed his eyes slowly, tried to take a deep breath to calming himself. But he could not so. He just really worried with Chanyeol.

 

Kyungsoo walked closer to him, making Baekhyun give his attention to his used-to-be bestfriend. He offered him a glass of water as he smiled to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun made a sad expression, actually, a regretful expression. He remembered how he blamed Kyungsoo and Luhan because of these horrible things back then. He remembered that he was very angry with Kyungsoo and shouted to him. He felt so sorry.

“Here.” Said Kyungsoo as he kept smiling to Baekhyun.

Then, Baekhyun drank it slowly, “I’m sorry.” He mumbled to Kyungsoo, showing his deep regretful expression on his face.

Kindly, Kyungsoo shook his head slowly, still giving him a calm smile, “It’s not your fault.” He said, making Baekhyun feel even more regretful for his unnecessary anger to such kind of best friend he had in his life.

“So, what’s your plan now?” Chen asked, breaking the silence of the room.

Luhan paused for a while, then continued to talk, “Plans. We not only need a plan, but plans. There are some dangerous creatures in that world. No. it is not some. But all of the creatures are dangerous.”

 

Kai, Sehun, and Chen gulped.

 

“First, our priority is Chanyeol. Second, we should at least now the list of the creatures that are considered as the most dangerous ones.” Luhan said

“There are Suho, Tao, Xiumin, Lay and Kris.” Kyungsoo said, “Kris is the one who controls everything. He’s the leader. Lay isn’t really dangerous, but he has a power of healing. He has been working for Kris for so long.”

“And Tao, a crazy guy who can stop the time. Right?” Kai said, and Kyungsoo nodded at him.

“Xiumin and Suho aren’t easy to handle. Their powers are too strong. They can defeat fire for instant.”

Baekhyun bit his lips, remembering the scene when Chanyeol was there, being weak.

“Kyungsoo and I will go there to save Chanyeol. While I am looking for him, Kyungsoo will be the-----“

“Wait.” Baekhyun quickly interrupted, “You and Kyungsoo? Only you and kyungsoo? You kidding me?”

“Yes, Baekhyun. That place is too dangerous for you.” Kyungsoo said, trying to convince him, but Baekhyun shook his head, disagreeing with the plan,

“I may be not useful at all because I cannot use my power. But I cannot just stay here as a coward and do nothing. I’ll go with you no matter what. I must save him.” Baekhyun said in a firm tone, making Kyungsoo and Luhan looked each other in confusion.

“Me too.” Suddenly Kai had his voice come out from his mouth, making Luhan and Kyungsoo feel more confused. His sudden voice also made Baekhyun widen his eyes.

“If Kai is going, I am going.” Sehun said

“SO AM I!!” Chen got all attention, “I’ll beat that guy named Tao!”

“Seriously, we are not going to play a game, dudes.” Luhan said, giving them a stern look.

“Yes, we know! But we cannot just let our best friend fight alone.” Kai said, having a quick glance to Baekhyun and winked, making Baekhyun had a slight smile.

“You sure you wanna let yourself be in danger?” asked Kyungsoo

“Of course not.” Sehun said, “But we are not a coward. Let’s arrange our plan now!”

 

And by saying those words, they began to be focus on arranging their plan. Baekhyun had a smile on his lips, knowing that their friends were staying beside him. Having good friends was making him, at least, be able to breathe easier, though, he knew clearly that ways he would choose were getting dangerous from now on.

 

But their friends were right. He could not just stay here like a coward. He was useless. He realized it. But he would try anything to save Chanyeol. Saving his best friend.

 

to be continued....

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay, sorry it took so long for updating this fic. actually, i have a feeling that this chapter is failed and i think i did not write it properly 3

but yeaaaah... i hope you'll still like it

thank you for reading <3

@sambaaal