Chapter 4

Caught on Fire

Title: Cought in Fire

Author: sambaaal

Length: Chaptered

Genre: Romance, Fluff, Supernatural, , Fantasy

Character: Baekhyun, Chanyeol, other EXO members

 

 

 

CHAPTER 4

 

 

Baekhyun could feel his legs almost broken, but luckily, Chanyeol and he stopped running. However, they still tried to walk faster and rushed to an apartment that Bakhyun had never visited before. It was a luxurious apartment he was sure not all people could stay there. Feeling confused and not knowing what to do, he just followed the tall boy entering a room. In his mind, Baekhyun thought that it might be Chanyeol’s apartment.

“I’m living here now.” Finally Chanyeol spoke. He gestured Baek to follow him to his bedroom. His deep voice was still the same. He was Chanyeol he had known since he was in high school. His best friend.

Baekhyun took a sigh then sat in the couch, still feeling confused and messy. He wanted to speak, but he had no idea. Everything in front of him now seemed really complicated. He wasn’t even sure that these were real. He couldn’t believe that he had just avoided a man having a scary power… with Chanyeol, his friend he had never met since three years ago. He couldn’t also accept the fact that Chanyeol had a power too. A power of flame that he thought it was also freaking scary.

 

HE COULD RELEASE A BURST OF FLAME FROM HIS HANDS AND HIS BODY.

WHO THE HELL WHO THOUGHT THAT IT WASN’T FRIGHTENING? OF COURSE, IT WAS VERY FRIGHTENING TO DEATH. YES. DEATH.

 

“Can you explain everything to me?” Baekhyun finally asked with his shaky voice.

Chanyeol, who just brought out a pajama from his wardrobe, turned to look at Baekhyun. He stood for a while until he walked closer and kneeled in front of the smaller boy, still bringing the pajama.

He sighed, “Change your clothes.” He said making Baekhyun raised a brow, “Your clothes’ wet. You can use this paja----“

“Just explain to me.” Baekhyun cut the words. His voice almost cracked.

But Chanyeol just gazed at him softly. He moved his body closer to Baekhyun and faced him. Their face was now very close that Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol’s breath.

“You can use this pajama, please---“

“I said explain to me about everything!” Again, Baekhyun cut his words, “Explain to me why this can happen.. why.. why did you leave me??”

Chanyeol widened his eyes, looking at Baekhyun and could see that the boy in front of him seemed almost cried.

“Why did you leave me and appear in front of me like nothing happen?” Baekhyun’s voice was shaking. He couldn’t hide his sadness now. His eyes had already been tearing, “WHY DID YOU LEFT ME AND RIGHT NOW YOU SAVE ME?????!! WHY???!!”

Chanyeol felt a jolt attacking his heart while hearing the boy shouted. Baekhyun was crying now. In front of him. And… because of him.

No, don’t cry, please… don’t cry…

“WHY DID YOU JUST LEAVE ME AGAIN??? WHY DID YOU SAVE ME?? WHY DID--------“

But Chanyeol hurriedly grabbed Baekhyun’s body closer to him. He pulled the smaller boy’s body, holding him tightly as if he never wanted to release him. He hugged Baekhyun with his arms as if he never wanted to leave him. No, he never wanted to leave him actually. He did not want to make Baekhyun cry because of him. No.

 

“Why Chanyeol.. why… why are you doing this to me… why…..” Baekhyun sobbed, but he talked with a lower voice now. His tears did not stop wetting Chanyeol’s shoulder and his heart couldn’t also stop beating faster. Very fast.

“Change your clothes.. please…. Baekhyun… please…” Chanyeol begged. Please… I don’t want to hear you crying. I don’t want to leave you.. It’s just.. It’s just you do not know the reasons…

Chanyeol kept holding Baekhyun with his arms carefully as if he never wanted to hurt Baek’s body. He kept begging him to change his clothes, “I don’t want you to be sick, your clothes----“

“But, I’ve been sick. I’m sick of all these things. I want to live normally. I want to be normal. I am abnormal, Chanyeol. Yes!! I’m not normal!! I have a power that I don’t even know what it is. Everything in front of me is not normal. I want my life back, chanyeol. I want to live normal, having many friends. Have you as my best friend like we did in the past. Please…. Chanyeol…”

 

Chanyeol released his grip and faced Baekhyun, looking at him softly. He did not know that Baekhyun was feeling that complicated because of these. He did not know.

 

“I am sorry.” Finally, Chanyeol said, “I am so sorry.” He wiped Baekhyun’s tears that couldn’t stop coming from his eyes by his fingers.

Baekhyun also looked at him, still sobbing.

They gazed each other and then Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun’s body closer again and held him tightly, “I will stay beside you. I will protect you. I won’t leave you again. I promise.”

Baekhyun finally stopped crying. He felt the warmth from Chanyeol’s body. May be it was because the power of fire that Chanyeol had. He felt very comfortable that he did not want Chanyeol to release his hug. He felt very safe.

“Now, please change your clothes then take a rest.” Chanyeol whispered softly, “I’ll tell you everything tomorrow. I promise.”

 

 

**

 

 

“Are you injured?” Asked a guy having big eyes and brown hair. His body was not really tall, but he was quite handsome and cool with his cute face.

Luhan shook his head, “No, I’m okay though really tired.” He sat in the chair at the kitchen while waiting the guy preparing a meal. This guy was like an expert while he cooked and Luhan was very happy to have such useful friend whenever he was starving.

The guy smiled. He hurriedly gave Luhan what he had cooked, placed it on dining table and sat beside him, “You don’t want to meet Baekhyun? I am sure he is worrying about you right now. You should also take care of yourself. There must be some Xiumin’s friends out there who want you to die.”

Luhan grinned, taking a piece of food in front of him and eating it, and then started to talk again, “At least, I won the game last night. Pretty cool, isn’t it? And about Baekhyun, I think it will be better if I leave him with Chanyeol today. They need to spend time together and fix their… I don’t know… may be their relationship.”

The guy beside Luhan chuckled, “Relationship? But they are just best friend, aren’t they?”

Luhan smiled, “You don’t know anything about them, Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. Though Baekhyun had ever told him a bit information about Chanyeol and their high school stories, he actually felt rather confused about their exact relationship. He kept thinking that it was just a lovey dovey between best friends. But, somehow, he believed that Luhan was true. He did not know anything about those two people. Moreover, he had just begun his friendship with Baekhyun in college and had never met Chanyeol before. And he was sure that Baekhyun would be also shocked while knowing that Kyungsoo was actually Luhan’s friend. He was also not a human, but a wolf having a power too.

 

 “Why is it so cold suddenly?” Kyungsoo suddenly felt that the weather was changing and he shivered from the cold, very cold that he wanted to take his blanket in his room. He raised his eyebrow, followed by Luhan who also felt the same way. Those two hurriedly turned to the window to look what happened actually out there and they found something that made their eyes popped open.

“S-snowfall??? Is it… is it winter???!!” Asked Kyungsoo with his high tone. He made fast steps to observe the phenomenon behind his window closely. His sight was not lying to him. It was snow drops covering the ground.

“Xiumin. It’s Xiumin who makes this winter.” Luhan stood there, eyes popped out.

“What?? But you said that you’ve defeated him last night!”

“Yes.” Said Luhan, “But he ran away. I bet he’s very angry right now. Very very angry.”

 

Kyungsoo bit his lower lips. Both of them still stiffened there for a while watching the snowfall through the window. They could also hear some neighbors who yelled in hysteric witnessing the winter coming in the not-supposed-to-be-winter season. Whatever the reason was, though Luhan and Kyungsoo knew exactly what happened right now, it must be some news informing about today’s weather on television and newspaper, and they bet that all people in Korea, even around the world, felt terribly surprised about it too.

 

“We should meet Baekhyun and Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo suggested.

“No.” Said Luhan making the younger show his questioned expression, “I’ll go meet them, but you go finding Chen, Sehun, and Kai.”

Kyungsoo looked at Luhan in confusion, “Why?”

“Remember when you said that you felt a weird side from those boys? When you said that they… they are like Baekhyun?”

Kyungsoo widened his eyes, “B-but.. I am not really sure… they have a power…”

“No, from now on, you should make yourself sure that they are the persons we have been searching for a long time.”

Kyungsoo was still standing there, having no words to say, but just opening his mouth, slightly confused.

“When you said that you felt something weird from them, and you said that Kai does not stop thinking that he is a sleepwalker, I began to make an investigation. And the result is… Kai has a power of teleportation.”

“What??”

Luhan kept looking at Kyungsoo straightly in the eyes, trying to make the younger boy trust his words.

“But I have not found Chen and Sehun’s power yet. And it is you who should find them… find their power.”

Kyungsoo gulped. He had never imagined that the world was such narrow that the persons they were looking for were right there, very close with them.

Luhan continued his words, “Go finding them. I bet they may be in danger right now.”

 

 

***

 

 

Baekhyun blinked his eyes when he finally woke up from his sleep. He found himself lying on a king size bed, and realized that he was at Chanyeol’s room, wearing a pajama that the taller boy gave to him last night.

Actually, the pajama was too saggy for him. And Baekhyun was sure that it was Chanyeol’s. But, he couldn’t just refuse the kindness. Moreover, Baekhyun’s clothes was wet last night because of Xiumin.

Yes. Xiumin. A man who had a power of frost.

Even remembering him made Baekhyun’s body suddenly shivered. He couldn’t just forget easily the incident happening last night. Meeting a man with scary power, running away with Chanyeol who, unexpectedly, had a power too, and leaving Luhan fighting with Xiumin.

By the way.... Baekhyun was worrying about Luhan right now. What did happen with him when Baek and Chanyeol left him on that place? Was he okay now? Did he finally defeat that guy? Where was him? Was he staying in a safe place now?

Baekhyun was worrying Luhan so much.

 

“Oh, you woke up.” Suddenly Baekhyun heard someone saying in front of him. He gasped in surprise while he saw someone, that Baekhyun did not really know why his existence appeared suddenly in this room, standing in front of the bed, and staring at Baekhyun straightly in the eyes. That was a guy, not really tall, but had a nice posture. His face was very friendly, but Baekhyun could see a slight creep expression from him through his smile.

“Who are you?” Asked Baekhyun. He tried to observe the room and hoped that Chanyeol was there. But, there were only both of them in the room, making Baekhyun feel a little scared since he did not know who the hell the guy was and why he could enter this apartment.

The guy smiled, stayed still at where he was standing, “Chanyeol isn’t here.” He said making Baekhyun raised the eyebrow. But he kept being calm though he was feeling uncomfortable with the guy’s presence.

“I don’t have a lot of time to stay here.” He said and stepped closer to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun tried to calm himself. He moved backwards just to make a distance with the stranger, but it was useless. He was like being trapped by the guy’s sharp eyes staring him.

“My name is Suho.” The guy continued, “I know you may be confused why I can be here… in your friend’s room.”

Baekhyun still kept silent. He noticed every step the guy named Suho made carefully, not wanting the man to come closer to him though it was a false hope.

“I know you and Luhan are friends.” Suho said, “Everything he said to you is like… a truth that is illogical, rite?”

“Just tell me what you want here!” Baekhyun snarled, managed to say though he was feeling uncertain.

But the guy smiled to him, “I need your help. Come to my world and save my clan.”

“Wh-what?” He stuttered, “Save your…”

“Anything Luhan said to you is a lie.” Said Suho, “The one who needs your help is my clan, my world. We need your power to make the darkness covering my world disappears. We really need you.”

Baekhyun opened his mouth in surprise. He managed to say, “But.. but your friend almost killed me last night! He wanted to kill Luhan too!”

“Yes! But you don’t understand anything! It’s Luhan who wants to kill you.”

“W-what???”

Suho took a sigh, but he gave Baekhyun a stern look, “I’ll tell you everything you want when you come to my world. I give you an invitation right now.”

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asked

“I’ll come to you next time when you have decided. And it’ll be better if your answer is you want to help me and my world.”

Baekhyun gulped. He still stared at the guy who was getting some steps to leave the room, but suddenly, Suho turned back to look at him, directly in the eyes,

“I hope you don’t tell anyone that I come to meet you today.”

Baekhyun furrowed, “Don’t you know that Luhan can read my mind??”

But Suho gave him a slight smile. His angelic face just made Baekhyun more confused whether he was a good man or not. Whether he was telling a lie or not.

“Don’t you feel tired of someone who can read your mind freely?” Suho asked, making Baekhyun’s eyes widen, “Don’t you need a lil privacy in your life?”

 

Wait. What the hell did he mean by those questions? Was he just trying to tease me??

 

“He can read your mind because you let him to do it.” Suho said giving his best smile, “You can always refuse him whenever you don’t want your mind to be read.” He winked making Baekhyun feel more confused in disbelief.

 

And then… he disappeared.

 

He really disappeared in front of Baekhyun leaving the one who sat on the bed shocked. Very shocked that he wanted to just die right now.

Baekhyun hurriedly got up from the bed and ran to look at every corner of the room, hoping that the guy named Suho just hid behind the wardrobe or the couch or something. But he found no one. Right now, right there, there was only him alone left confused and messy.

Then, he walked closer to a window where he could see what happening outside the room was.

And how surprise he was while witnessing a phenomenon, in the morning, on the month where it should be a not-winter season, that showing snowfall covering the surface. A snowfall had just dropped from the sky covering the building and ground and….

“What in the bloody hell is happening right now???” Baekhyun shouted in disbelief, standing in front of the window with eyes popped open and the heartbeat beat faster like having just got double heart attack at the same time.

 

 

 ***

 

Kyungsoo walked as faster as he could when rushed the snowfall that came suddenly in the town. He already dressed properly not wanting to have a cold right now by wearing a thick jacket, boots, and other suits to make him feel warm. He was going to visit Chen’s house. Luckily, those three maniac gamers, Chen, Sehun and Kai, were staying at Chen’s home, playing game all night long till morning when Kyungsoo called Kai back then. All the way to his destination, Kyungsoo could just hope that those three were okay and safe. He did not want to think negatively, but it seemed that his feeling was not able to lie to himself. He was nervous and painting slightly though the temperature was getting cold outside.

 

On the other scene, Kai and the rests were feeling starving and hungry, lying down at the couch placed on the living room. They also did not stop watching some news broadcastings on television informing today’s weather while waiting for Kyungsoo who said that he was going to visit them. After a few minutes of waiting, they heard someone pressing the doorbell, and Chen hurriedly went closer to the door.

“Ah, Kyungsoo.. We are----- Who are you?” Chen was raising his eyebrows after opening the door and saw someone standing behind it. It was a guy. A tall guy wearing a weird outfit and… bringing a… sword??

Chen had his eyes widened, “W-who are you?”

That guy smiled to him, but his smile made Chen somehow gulped. He seemed very haunted and Chen was having a feeling that it might be something wrong with this guy.

 

“I’m Tao. Nice to meet you.” The man answered

 

Chen still stiffened at where he was standing. He heard Kai calling his name from the living room, but he ignored it. He just stared at the creepy guy who also looked at him with his panda eyes. The man had panda eyes which made him look even wilder than an animal.

“I don’t know who you are…” Said Chen, still had a negative feeling for this guy.

Tao smirked, “Such a rude man… I was telling my name and you still don’t know about me? That hurts.” and suddenly the man grabbed his sword making Chen widened his eyes, “I’ll punish you.”

“What????”

The guy named Tao suddenly wagged his sword, making Chen gasped in shock and hurriedly BLAMMMM!!! He closed the door.

“WHAT THE !! WHAT DO YOU WANT???!!!”

STABBED!!! THE SWORD HAD JUST STABBED THE WOODEN DOOR MAKING CHEN JUMPED AND HURRIEDLY RUN AWAY FROM THE DOOR.

“Yah!! Yah!! What happen???” Kai shouted and Sehun also jumped from the couch while seeing Chen who looked like having just seen a ghost at the front door.

“THERE IS A MAN WITH SWORD WHO WANTS TO KILL ME!!!!”

“WHAT????!!!”

Chen grabbed Kai’s and Sehun’s hand and ran away to the kitchen, “We should run away. Run away from him!!” He managed to say while running

“Hey, who is he? Who’s the guy, chen? Why does he------“

“Just run right now!!! I also don’t understand and don’t know who he is!!!” Chen cut Sehun’s words then hurriedly went closer to a door at the kitchen which could bring them to come out from the house.

 

“You cannot run away~” Suddenly they heard the man shouting from the living room.

 

“Oh Gosh! He’s already came in.” Said Kai

Chen, with his shaky breath, tried to open the door in panic. Luckily, the door was finally opened and they rushed through the door and ran away as fast as they could.

 

Kyungsoo, who was on the way to the Chen’s house, suddenly saw those three guys running faster at the street near the house. He walked faster to catch them then yelled,

“YAH!! YOU THREE!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING???”

Chen, Kai, and Sehun stopped and turned to where the voice was coming.

“KYUNGSOO!!!!!” They shouted freakily and ran closer to Kyungsoo making him raise the eyebrow.

“Kyungsoo!! Help us!” Chen said and tried to breathe more slowly

“What.. what happen? Why are you----“

“There is a guy wanting to kill Chen!!” Sehun shouted

“No! No! He wants to kill us!! He has a sword and…. THAT’S HIM!!! OH MY GOD!!”  Chen’s index was pointing at where the guy they were talking about standing. Kyungsoo, who became panic too, turned his sight to look at the guy and how surprise he was when looking at Tao, who was standing at Chen’s back yard.

“OH ! HE IS TAO!!” Kyungsoo said, “We should go now!”

“Who is Tao?” Kai asked while they began to run again avoiding Tao.

But Kyungsoo did not reply Kai’s question. They finally stopped and tried to hide behind a neighbor’s building.

They were all trying to take a deep breath and calming themselves.

“Listen. Listen to me.” Said Kyungsoo, managing to say slower, almost whispering, “Kai, listen to me.”

Kai looked at Kyungsoo, felt a bit confused.

“Remember when you said you’re a sleepwalker? Suddenly you’re at the school hall at midnight though you’re sleeping back then?” Kyungsoo asked, eyeing Kai straightly into the younger’s eyes.

“Oh, please, Kyungsoo. It’s not the right time to talk about memories.” Sehun said

“No. Listen.” Kyungsoo continued, “Kai has a power of teleportation.”

“What??” Chen shouted

“What??” Followed by Sehun and Kai

“I know it sounds ridiculous and complicated, but trust me. It’s the only way we can survive. Kai should teleport us to somewhere. Away from Tao.” Kyungsoo tried to be calm, being serious at the same time, though it was hard for him to make these three idiots believe in what he said, “That guy has a power of time control. He can stop the time whenever he wants. He can also use wushu. See that sword… it’s one of his ability.”

“Listen to me, Kai.” Kyungsoo continued, grabbing Kai’s shoulder, making them stand face to face right now. Chen and Sehun looked dumb, seeing a slight fluffy scene between Kai and Kyungsoo.

“I believe you can do this. You should trust me that I’m telling the truth.” Kyungsoo was being serious, but Kai was feeling a shaky breath ruining him.

“But, how can I do this, Kyungsoo? I don’t------“

“Listen. Listen to me. Okay. Just concentrate now. Try to concentrate.” Kyungsoo said, and he turned to look at Chen and Sehun, “We should hold hand together, make a circle position and try to concentrate.” He continued to talk to Kai, “Just concentrate. I believe you can do this.”

Kai took a deep breath then tried to concentrate, but…. “But I can’t-----“

“You can. Trust me you can.” Kyungsoo cut his words seriously but softly at the same time.

“Ready? I’ll count up to three.” Kyungsoo continued, “One…..”

 

Tao was realizing their existence.

 

“Two….”

 

He was running to their location.

 

“Three!”

 

He was there, right after Kyungsoo, Kai, Chen and Sehun disappeared. They had gone when Tao came to the location they used to hide before. And it meant, Kai was successful to teleport them somewhere. Yes, somewhere.

 

 

 

To be continued……

 

HELLO THERE!!!

sorry for making you wait. I know! I know that this fic is so boring, but yeaaaah I just had this idea on my mind so yeaaaah...

hope you like it.

seriously, just ignore the title if it doesnt match at all with the plot of the story LOL yes it doesnt match at all. I at making title :p~

and euhhmm... I hope we can get along with on twitter

follow me okay @sambaaal  [if you dont mind of course :) ]

once again, THANK YOU for commenting, subscribing, loving, hating, and whatever. thank you so much.

wait for the update!!

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

and im not a good writer. sorry for my bad grammar XD