Chapter 3

Caught on Fire

Title: Cought in Fire

Author: sambaaal

Length: Chaptered

Genre: Romance, Fluff, Supernatural, , fantasy

Character: Baekhyun, Chanyeol, other EXO members

 

 

CHAPTER 3

 

 

“Oh.. my.. God! Is that..? You see him? Remember?” said Sehun in a cafeteria when he saw a tall boy wearing hat and black jacket like a bad boy walking not really far from him. That boy was asking for a drink to the canteen desk when Sehun and Kai were sitting in a bench.

“Damn! Is he Chanyeol?! Am I wrong????” Kai tried to notice the one whom made them actually confused and surprised now and rubbed his eyes to clear his sight, “Oh gosh. He looks very…..”

“We must call Baekhyun. Right now.” Sehun said, and hurriedly, took his cell phone out from his pocket and dialed his friend’s number.

 

***

 

Please…. help me…. Baekhyun, help me!!!

Chanyeol? Is that you? What happen to you?

I need you.. I need you, Baekhyun… please….

Chanyeol!! Wait.. where are you going, Chanyeol? Chanyeol!!! I’m here! CHANYEOL!! CHANYEOL!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

 

KRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!

“Whoaaaah!” Baekhyun woke up in a mess. He found he was lying on bed, sweating, and feeling tired. He got up and leaned on the headboard of the bed, trying to control his breath and remembering the dream he had just had when he was sleeping. A weird dream.

 

KRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!

 

He was startled again, “Oh ! Who the hell is calling me rite nao?!” He picked up the phone lying on the desk beside his bed.

“YAH! WHAT DO YOU WANT???!!” Baekhyun answered the call angrily like he never wanted anyone to disturb his morning.

“Yo.. yo… why are you so angry? Don’t you know what time it is? You won’t come to campus?”

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow then turned to look at the watch, “OH MY!!! IT’S 11 A.M ????!!!”

“Don’t yell at the phone, you silly!”

Baekhyun bit his lips, not realizing that he was overslept and being late to come to campus. He took a breath deeply to be calm, “Sorry, Sehun… I think I had a horrible experience last night and I’m so tired…”

He said and somehow Luhan’s face came across his mind. He looked at his room searching for Luhan’s presence as that wolf hadn’t left his house since last night.

 

Where’s him… He turned left and, “WHOAAAA!!!”

 

He.found.Luhan.sleeping beside him. AT.HIS.ROOM.AT.HIS.BED.

 

“Yaah! Are you okay, Baekhyun? What happen?” Sehun asked worriedly as he heard Baekhyun shouted through his phone.

Baekhyun cleared his throat, “Ehem.. nope. There’s just a… cockroach.” He lied.

Sehun sounded a bit annoyed, “You seem very tired. Just back to sleep, Baekkie. You sound need it.”

“No.. No…” Baekhyun answered, feeling disgusted by the presence beside him who slept innocently as if nothing happen. The wolf Luhan who was so annoying, how dare you’re sleeping in my bed!!!

“You call me because you have something to tell, rite? What is it?” Baekhyun rubbed his eyes and tried to collect his energy to wake up.

It was silent for a while, then Sehun began to speak again, “It’s about… Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun widened his eyes.

“I know you’ll be shocked, but.. Kai and I saw him this morning.”

“You two… saw Chanyeol?” Baekhyun gulped and felt that his heartbeat was beating faster.

“Yes, in a café.” Said Sehun

Baekhyun’s body was shaking.

“In a café at our campus.”

“What?????!!!”

 

**

 

 

Baekhyun took a bath quickly. He changed his clothes, ate his sandwich and…..

“Where are you going?” Luhan stood up in front of Baekhyun.

“Campus. I have something to do.” He tried to walk to the door without looking at Luhan, but the wolf kept blocking his way as if he did not want Baekhyun to leave him.

“Hey, I need to go right now.” Finally Baekhyun stared at him. He just could not understand why this guy did not stop being so annoying any time. He needed to go now. He wanted to prove something.

“I know.” Luhan suddenly said.

Oh, I forget that he can read my mind. Baekhyun thought.

“I’ll go with you.”

“Mwo??? But I’m going to go to campus, you can’t-----“

“I have been one of the students at your campus.” Luhan said, making Baekhyun dropped his jaw, “We’re now in the same major, and in the same class.”

“YOU KIDDING ME???”

Luhan grinned, though he was kinda cute, it was seriously making Baekhyun wanted to commit right now.

 

***

 

“Where’s him?” Asked Baekhyun when he had arrived at campus.

There were Kai and Sehun at a basketball hall. Actually, Sehun asked Baek to meet him at that place since they thought that they needed a place where there were not so many people passed through. That old hall was a suitable place.

“We’re not really sure. He left suddenly when we wanted to meet him. But we get some information about him.” Said Kai looking at Baekhyun, then he and Sehun turned to look at Luhan who was standing beside Baekkie.

Feeling an awkward situation between them, Baekhyun hurriedly introduced Luhan to his friends, “This is Luhan. He’s in the same class and major with me.”

Kai nodded, while Sehun seemed… not be able to look away from Luhan. Baekhyun raised his eyebrow noticing his friend’s attitude.

“Annyeong! My name is Luhan. I live with Baekhyun.” *flowery smile*

“You live with Baekhyun?” Asked Sehun wondering

Oh my… “No! no! no! We’re… we are siblings, rite Luhan?” He immediately nudged that wolf. And Luhan nodded hurriedly.

“Okay, back to the topic!” Kai commented, began to be focus again on their topic while Sehun still paid more attention to Luhan’s presence.

“Some girls said he came from London. He takes the same major with me, but in a different class. His full name is Park Chanyeol who was born in Seoul.” Kai said, “Knowing about these has made us sure that he’s Chanyeol whom we met at high school.”

Baekhyun was taking a shaky breath, having no idea how to reply.

“But, he looks very different now, Baekhyun, rite Sehun?” Kai and Baekhyun turned to look at Sehun. On the other hand, Sehun seemed busy with Luhan. They had a chit-chat. A friendly chit-chat that surely had been successful to make Kai and Baekhyun raised their brow. Moreover, Sehun and Luhan had already exchanged their phone number.

Taking a deep sigh, Kai continued to explain, “You just need to meet him, Baekhyun. It has been many years since you two have not been talking each other. He has changed, seriously.”

Baekhyun bit his lips. He, actually, was confused to hear the news. He was happy, he admitted it. But, he was just…

“I feel that I’m not ready to meet him.” Baekhyun replied.

“Why? It’s your chance! I know you’ve waited this for so long. You can build a friendship again with him.”

“But, it’s different now, Kai.” Said Baekhyun, “I’m just…  just give me time to think about it.”

Baekhyun looked down, helpless. Kai felt a bit pity on him. He knew that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were best friends in high school. On that time, Baekhyun always protected that tall guy whenever Kai, Sehun or Chen bullied him. Baekhyun could be also called as Chanyeol’s babysitter since he was always beside him wherever Chanyeol went to any place. But, this time, all of it was an actual different thing.

Kai immediately rubbed Baekhyun’s shoulder to show his sympathy and tried to make him feel easy meanwhile Luhan and Sehun seemed really get along each other, not even care about the existence of Baekhyun and Kai.

 

***

 

 

“I’m happy to meet Sehun, you know.. He’s very friendly and I don’t know.. It’s just like we are destined to meet each other.” Luhan said cheerfully when he and Baekhyun walked in a dark path to go home.

But Baekkie kept silent. He seemed complicated since he heard that Chanyeol was back to Korea and he was studying in the same university with Baek.

Luhan looked at him, and because he could read Baekhyun’s mind, he easily understood about his friend’s feeling right now. He didn’t deny that he felt exciting because he met someone whose name’s Sehun. But, he couldn’t just keep silent like nothing bothering Baekhyun.

“I think you should meet and talk to him.” Luhan said, touching Baekhyun’s shoulder. They stopped walking and then Baekhyun looked at Luhan with his puppy eyes.

“I’m so confused.” Baekhyun whined.

“I know.” Said Luhan trying to make Baekhyun feel strong. But, suddenly, that wolf’s eyes were set in a kind of careful way that made Baekhyun feel a bit scary.

Luhan grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and stepped back. He stood up in front of Baekhyun as if he wanted to protect Baek from something dangerous.

“What.... what happen?” Baekhyun stuttered

“There’s something coming closer to us. The aura makes me feel like being frozen. It’s like an ice cube.”

Baek raised the eyebrow. But suddenly, Luhan dragged me to run as if they were avoiding something.

“Hey, what happen????” Baekhyun was worried but Luhan kept dragging him to run as fast as they could.

Suddenly, Baekhyun felt that there was something behind him that made him shiver from cold. It was very cold and unexpectedly, when Baek tried to take a look on what existed behind them, it was someone he did not even know that could make everything freeze in kind of ice and….

 

“WHO THE HELL HE IS?????!!!!!!! WHY DOES HE WANT TO CATCH US???!!” Baekhyun shouted as he was shocked when seeing that guy made everything become cold around them and he almost made Baekhyun’s leg turn to be frozen creepy legs!

“He’s Xiumin, one of the wolves wanting your power.” Luhan said in hurry.

“Oh my God!!!”

 

They kept running, but suddenly Xiumin was running faster than them. He jumped and unfortunately, stood up blocking their way, was ready for showing his evil action, making Baek and Luhan stopped instantly, was ready for showing his evil action.

“You two can’t avoid me.” Said Xiumin smiling creepily.

Luhan looked at him, always ready to move in a careful way. Baekhyun stared at him, feeling afraid and messy. He knew that Luhan always tried to keep him safe no matter what, but he could also realize that right now, right in this place, he was actually in danger.

“You can’t take his power.” Said Luhan pointed to Baek, “He hasn’t had it yet.”

Xiumin smirked, “Who said I wanna take his power, I’ll kidnap him first and wait till his power comes out.”

“Kidnapping me????” Baekhyun groaned in frustration.

Suddenly, without being conscious, Xiumin pointed his right hand to Luhan and Baekhyun and began to use his power. Everything around them was frozen and both of them tried to avoid it, but it did not work. Their legs had been attacked by the ice. They couldn’t escape.

Baekhyun was startled and his body turned to be weaker. As he could see, Xiumin was staring at him with his devil’s eyes. He also pointed his hands straightly to Baekhyun and…

 

BURRRRRRSSSSTTTTTTTTTT~~~

 

Baekhyun and Luhan felt warm. And suddenly, they could realize that the ice freezing their legs slowly melted into water.

Both of them looked at surroundings, there was someone who came closer to him and…

 

RELEASED A BURST OF FIRE FROM HIS HANDS!!!!!!!!!!

 

Baekhyun eyes widened.

Xiumin was surprised and so was Luhan.

Hurriedly, Baekhyun looked at that someone, paid attention and noticed him, and suddenly, there was like a bone on his throat making him gasped,

“CHANYEOL????”

He saw Chanyeol was coming to him. That someone who released the flame from his hands was Chanyeol. He was wearing a black coat. His black short hair was kinda making him look even more handsome than the last time Baekhyun met him. But, but…

HOW CAN HE HAVE SUCH POWER???!! HOW CAN HE RELEASE THE FLAME FROM… HIS HANDS!!!!?

 

Luhan who also witnessed that incident was thinking very hard and decided to take a decision.

“Well, well, another party pooper.” Xiumin scoffed as he didn’t stop looking at Chanyeol.

But Chanyeol was standing very firmly. Baekhyun could see that he was not afraid at all of the presence of Xiumin. He was very…. Cool.

“Take Baekhyun away from this place, Chanyeol.” Luhan said asking Chanyeol straighly

“What???” Baekhyun shouted, suddenly felt a thousand more confused then before. Luhan knew Chanyeol???? How????!!!

“You want me to-----“ But before Baekhyun continued his complain, Chanyeol grabbed his hand immediately as if he never broke Luhan’s command.

“RUN! NOW!!” Luhan ordered.

 

As fast as they could run, Baekhyun could felt that Chanyeol was grabbing his hand tightly like he tried not to release it. Though he was still shocked and confused why Chanyeol could have a power of releasing fire from his hands, he felt warm when that tall guy took his hand. It might because the effect of the flame he had.

 

But, when he took a look on Luhan behind him, that wolf was alone there, facing and fighting with Xiumin. He wanted to help him, but he couldn’t! He couldn’t even help himself. He was too helpless. Then, Chanyeol came. It made him so confused.

 

And now, that tall guy ran with him, avoiding that someone who had a power of frost, everything around him which was actually very crazy. All things around Baekhyun were very crazy. Moreover, Baekhyun had no idea where they would stop running avoiding Xiumin because Chanyeol kept dragging him away from Luhan, in a gentle and cool way.

 

 

To be continued……

 

 

HELLO!!!

SORRY FOR THE BAD GRAMMAR I MADE

I AT ENGLISH, BUT THANK YOU FOR YOU HAVING READ THIS FIC..

I'LL UPDATE SOON, OK~

and by the way, I also at making title... just ignore the title coz I do not understand why I chose such title lol

actually, at first, I hadn't planned to make this story be a fantasy/supernatural one, but it was just flowing into my mind... about their power... wolf... and.... whatever...

Their charm just drives me crazy >.<

and... errrrr.... I'M A CHANBAEK/BAEKYEOL shipper.

AH SARANGHAEYO~