Not Normal

Break My Heart (3)

            I was able to convince myself that the weird lusty feeling I developed for Hyun Joong was just that.  Lust.  He was a hot, hot, hot man and that was all.

            But he was also really sweet and a real gentleman.  Damn him.

            The next class, I was feeling tired and kind of cranky.  The very next time I saw him, he brought me a mini carton of orange juice telling me that if I let myself get too tired, I’ll get sick and that I should take care of myself.

            Crap.

            He was always opening doors for me and being nice to me. 

            Damn it.

            So when our professor brought up the subject of a semester long project that we had to choose a partner for – in the first week of school she tells us this, damn lady, cut us some slack – I couldn’t say no when Hyun Joong asked to be my partner.

            A reason to spend time with him outside of class.  Fantastic.

            The class with the project was international marketing.  This project was the team had to create a marketing plan to integrate a company not previously found here into Korea.  This was going to take a lot of work and a lot of time.

            With Hyun Joong.

            Like it wasn’t bad enough that I’d accepted his invitation to hang out outside of class without a reason – which we hadn’t done yet, but now we’d have to see each other!

            We even had to exchange numbers!  And I was day dreaming about him!

            Friday, after I finished my classes, I was walking back to my dorm when my phone rang.  Kyungie Calling…

            “Kyung!  I miss you.  When are you coming over?” I demanded.

            He laughed.  “Don’t hate me,” was his reply.

            Crap!  “What?  No, Kyung.  I’ll come to you then!” I offered frantically.

            “I’m sorry, love.  We’re super busy this weekend.”

            “I’m telling Beki to kick Zico’s ,” I grumbled, flashing my ID to the girl at the front desk of my dorm building.

            “Kyung,” I whined.

            “I’m sorry, really I am.  I want to see you, too,” he said apologetically.

            I sighed loudly into the phone as I unlocked my door.  I nodded at Beki and Jordan who were sitting on the sofa.  Brooding while watching TV.  Looks like they already got the bad news.  I heaved another louder sigh as I dropped my bag on the floor with extra gusto and then dropped myself into the chair in the living room.

            “What will you do tonight then?” he asked.

            “Sit here with the girls and talk about how much we like Big Bang,” I retorted.

            Beki stifled a giggle and Jordan nodded indignantly.

            Kyung chuckled.  “Come on, Maddie.  Don’t be like that.”

            “I’m mad at you.  What’s your mean leader got you guys doing tonight?”

            “We have to meet with our choreographer and then we have a fan meeting.  If it helps any, it’s not our leader doing this.  It’s our manager who approves or adjusts our schedules.”

            “I’m mad at him then.”

            “I love you.”

            “You’re hanging up now, aren’t you?” I stated flatly.

            “We’re heading out now.”

            “Practice hard.  Be nice to your fans,” I replied, defeated.  We said goodbye and I let my phone fall into my lap.  I pouted at my friends.  “Where’s Amelia?”

            Beki motioned toward her bedroom.  “Studying.”

            “Or napping,” Jordan added with a laugh.

            We hung around for a bit before we woke up Amelia so we could all get dinner.  After dinner, we sat around the TV in our pajamas – still miffed at not being able to see our boyfriends but strange overly obsessed fangirls get to see them.  We spent hours watching pointless shows on Tv.

            Sometime near midnight when we were just around ready to go to bed, our phones went off simultaneously.

            Four text messages asking what we were doing.

            Collectively, we decided to reply with some smartass, bitter comment.

            “What the…did you hear that?” I asked, sitting up in my seat.

            “It’s ‘wanna b,’” Amelia laughed as the four of us listened to the muffled music.  “It sounds like it’s coming from out in the hallway.”

            “Ji Ho set ‘wanna b’ as his text message alert,” Jordan mentioned.

            Beki jumped out of her seat like someone burned her.  Racing to the door, the three of us followed close behind.

            Four guys in sweats stood, waiting, outside our door.  Rocking out to the song playing from Ji Ho’s cell phone.

            Seeing Kyung made my heart fly right into my throat.  Completely blocking any and all thoughts of anything else – Hyun Joong – out of my mind.  Which made me realize that it’s been hours since I actually thought of…the other one. 

            Maybe I wasn’t as crazy as I thought.  Or I probably was.  I loved Kyung.  I only thought of Hyun Joong lately because it was new and I was inexperienced with guys and Kyung has been the only guy to ever make me feel different.

            I was going to stick to that reasoning, damn it.

            After we hugged the guys, and Beki socked Yu Kwon in the arm, we asked them what they were doing here.

            “Surprise,” Yu Kwon mumbled rubbing his arm.  “We made up the part about the fan meeting.  It was this morning.  We finished with our choreographer about an hour ago.”

            “We don’t have a schedule until 11 tomorrow,” Ji Ho added, glaring at me.  “Our manager is the one who set the schedule,” he added in a grumble.  I giggled and curled my arms around one of Kyung’s.

            “So we’re here for a sleepover,” Jae Hyo said, looking Amelia up and down stealthily.  I swear, those two could be married for 35 years and she’d still blush when he did things like that.

            “Really?!” I squeaked, looking up at Kyung.

            As if on cue, all four boys pulled toothbrushes out of their sweatpants’ pockets.  We sat around, chit chatting and hanging out, for about an hour.  Jordan began to doze off on Ji Ho’s shoulder.  We all got ready for bed.

            Kyung and I were the last ones to use the bathroom.  He brushed his teeth and then told me he forgot, that he had something for me.  He pulled a rolled up mini poster out of his hoodie pocket.  The toothbrush almost fell out of my mouth.

            It was of Yo Seob.

            “You’re drooling, baby,” Kyung laughed.

            I slurped and choked.  Spitting into the sink, I rinsed out my mouth before grabbing the poster out of his hand.

            “You got me Yo Seob’s autograph,” I said, astonished.  I read what Yo Seob wrote.

            Maddie, you’re my favorite fan because you like me even though your boyfriend is in a different group ^^ Much love, Yang Yo Seob.

            “He is your favorite.  He’s a cool guy.  It’s funny, right?”  I looked up at him.  He was smiling. 

            “You told him you have a girlfriend?” I said more as a question.

            Kyung shrugged again.  “He won’t tell anyone, I’m sure.”

            I suddenly felt all choked up.  “Thank you,” I told him, hugging the poster close to my chest.  He laughed and kissed me on the cheek.

            After I hung up the poster above my bed, next to my Block b collage, I turned out the lights.  Sending the room into complete darkness.  Pitch black.  I literally couldn’t see my hand in front of my face.

            Lying in bed, next to Kyung, I thought of how to bring up things with him.  All thoughts shattered when Jordan let out a loud moan.

            “No freaking way is that going on right now!” I yelled angrily.

            Jordan broke out in a fit of giggles.  “You were right, that was funny!” she cackled, gasping for air as she laughed harder.

            “Not funny,” I grumbled.

            “Dude,” Kyung scolded, but I could hear he wanted to laugh.

            “What?  I’m on the floor.  I don’t know what she’s doing up there,” Ji Ho replied.

            Ok, that was kind of funny, I thought.

            Kyung, on the other hand, found it so funny, in the middle of cracking up, he accidentally banged his arm against the wall my bed was pushed up against.

            There was a knock back through the wall.  Kyung unfolded himself from the fetal position and he stopped whining in pain.

            “What?” he perked up.  “Maddie, who’s on the other side?”

            “What do you say, Jo?  It’s Beki’s bed on this side, right?”

            “I think so,” she replied, her laughter lowering to a giggle.

            Kyung knocked on the wall again.  “Yu Kwon hyung?” he called.

            “Yeah, it’s me!” came the muffled reply.

            Kyung knocked.  Yu Kwon knocked back.  Kyung.  Yu Kwon.  The pattern continued until they began to knock a beat through the wall.

            Kyung, Ji Ho, and the boys in the other room were dying of laughter.

            Suddenly there was some stifled movement from the other side of the wall and then a double knock.

            “Ow, damn it, Jae Hyo!” Beki’s angry voice came through.  That made me laugh a bit harder.  “Get out of my bed!”

            Jordan and Ji Ho erupted in a fit of laughter all over again.

            Beki sighed so dramatically, we could hear her clearly in our room.  “Not you, Yu Kwon,” she grumbled.  “Jae Hyo.  Get out of my bed.”  Pause.  “I don’t care!  You can’t knock on the wall anymore.  Amelia, get him before I hurt him.”  It felt good to laugh so hard with my friends.  “I can hear you guys in there!” Beki shouted.  “It’s not funny!”

            Once all had calmed down, it was only a short amount of time before I could hear Ji Ho snoring lightly.  I to my side, nose to nose with Kyung.

            “Are you awake?” I whispered.  Jordan was a pretty light sleeper.

            He s his arms around my waist, pulling me so close that our legs became entangled and we were chest to chest.  His cheek resting on mine, his lips touching my ear.

            “Yes,” he replied, his voice barely a breath. His fingers ran up and down my spine.

            I touched his face lightly.  “Can we talk?”

            He pressed a feather light kiss to my earlobe before answering, “About what?”