제 9 장

왜 날 말하지 않았어? (Why Didn't You Tell Me?)

I had almost completely forgotten about Jinyoung.. I feel really bad now that I think about it. I sighed, "어떡하지?" Sunggyu jogged the rest of the way towards Jinyoung and I with a confused expression. "Hey, man, Jinyoung!" he greeted him amiably, "Did you want to switch partners? I think you and Taeyeon would get along great!" Jinyoung looked to Taeyeon, who was waving at him timidly from across the stage. "Uhm.. I think I'll stick with Hyorin," he spoke as he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close. I cursed silently, looking down so Jinyoung couldn't see my upset expression. Gyu definitely noticed it. He looked at me then back to Jinyoung, "Okay.." he spoke in a soft tone.

 

"T-time's up!" Jaesuk imitated LEDApple. Everyone let out light chuckles. "Has everyone picked their new partners? No? Too bad," he smiled smugly. "We will be giving everyone a challenge for this week." I could hear murmurs from around me. "It's a trust exercise." Everyone on the set let out a long, "Ohhh!" Jaesuk cleared his throat, "Each of you will have a different task to fulfil. If one team screws it up, you all will lose, and we will have to end the program at that episode." People became silent as they didn't want to end this series. Although, I did since all it has caused me is trouble.. I coughed lightly and the girl next to me, who happened to be Park Chorong, patted my back gently. 

 

Jinyoung and I were on the same team as CL and GD, and Chorong and Seungho. Sunggyu and Taeyeon were on the opposite team. I had so much on my mind.. I was preparing for my comeback with my members, and afterwards my solo album. Not to mention, Gyu was also always on my mind. I sighed. "Are you alright?" Jinyoung asked in a concerned tone. I wasn't really paying any attention to anything. I was spaced out and trying to clear out my mind. I shook it off and realised he was talking to me. "Ah.. Yeah. I'll be okay," I said with a fading smile. He frowned as he knew I was upset about something. I looked down at my feet and scowled, kicking the dirt at the ground. "Hey, what did that poor dirt ever do to you?" It was CL. She smiled at me and placed a caring hand on my shoulder. All I could do in return was give a half-hearted smile, "Oh hi." As she stood beside me and spoke, I stood forward, watching the other team. She caught me. "You're not happy with your partner, are you?" I choked on air and pressed a fist against my upper chest. "W-what? It's not like that.. I just have a friend over there.." She obviously knew I wasn't telling the whole truth. By her demeanour, she knew exactly was going on without anyone having to say a word. She just smiled adoringly at me and left with, "I'm always here to help. Whatever you're going through.. You're not the only one." My mouth hung open slightly. Jinyoung came by and lifted my chin to close my mouth. "You'll catch flies," he chuckled. I looked at his smiling face, and I saw innocence. Impulsively, I embraced him. I just wanted to be friends, but that's not possible in this situation. "Oh," he uttered before slowly wrapping his arms around me as if to hug me back. 

 

"I don't know what to do.." I whined as Bora patted my back soothingly. I sighed. "Is there anyway I could maybe drop out of the program? Or.." I thought back to what Jaesuk said.. "Each of you will have a different task to fulfil. If one team screws it up, you all will lose, and we will have to end the program at that episode." I smiled sneerly to myself as I thanked Bora for the comfort. I went to my room and lied down as if I were to sleep. I thought to myself, how would I do this?

 


Ohoho. Evil Hyorin~ XD Let's see how this will turn out. What happens to Jinyoung? Will Hyorin and Gyu get together? Yes? No? Keep reading to find out. e u e