제 12 장

왜 날 말하지 않았어? (Why Didn't You Tell Me?)

Taeyeon and I decided to wake up earlier than everyone else to get breakfast before the other team. Thankfully, the other team didn't think of this too. She and I had to do a cute dance, so we did a mix-up of I Got a Boy and Loving U. The camera men loved it, so they gave us rice, bottled water, a pot, and three pairs of chopsticks—one for each couple. We passed a river on our way to the campsite, so we went back to go fishing for anything we thought we might be able to eat. We came back with four crabs. They were small, but it would last us until lunch or dinner. Taeyeon went to boil the crab while I took the bottled water to cook the rice. There was no soy sauce, but at least we have food, right? I sighed happily as we finished preparing the food. Moments later, our team stirred and came over to eat. All of the couples fed each other, of course to recieve more points and money. 

 

Since Taeyeon and I prepared breakfast for everyone, the camera crew suggested that they carry us for a while so we could rest a bit. They both agreed and piggy backed us for quite some time. We were past the half way point when I was beginning to fall asleep on Jinyoung's back. It was comfortable being with him. Though, one of the crew got Jinyoung's attention and called us over. 

"Jinyoung-ssi, your manager said you'll have to leave the show early.."

"What? Are you serious? But doesn't that mean..?" Jinyoung trailed off.

"Hyorin-ssi will have to leave as well." 

Jinyoung looked over to me in guilt. 

"It's okay.. I-" I tried to reassure him, but was cut off. He firmly placed his hands on my shoulders and pressed his lips against mine. I was startled, but I enjoyed it considering it would be our first and last. We turned back around and our team was waiting for us.. They knew something was wrong. I felt terrible letting them down like this. They let us continue this episode before Jinyoung had to leave, so we cherrished every moment of it. It turns out that Jinyoung and another one of our team members have been casted in a drama and need to begin filming soon, so they'll need time to prepare. They said the would announce who it was after this episode, and this would be the concluding episode. It made everyone upset, but Jinyoung stepped up. "Yah. Why are we moping? Huh? Let's end this with no regrets. Alright?!" We all smiled and did military poses. "NEEEEEEEE!"

 

We finally made it to the final checkpoint. "여러분! Welcome to Gyeongju!" We all grinned and cheered as we made it before lunch time. We heard whispers from the crew that the other team hasn't even woken up until now which made me chuckle a bit. "Does this mean we won?" Sunggyu asked the crew. "Uh.. No. Not yet. You still have one more challenge." What? ANOTHER? I clicked my tongue. I knew what kind of challenge this was. "더해봐!" I mimicked Goo Hyesun in the drama Boys Over Flowers. Everyone seemed amused with my gag. 

 

They led us to a building. It looked like we were on vacation in Jeju. We all walked into the dinning area where our last challenge was held. I knew it. I always wanted to do this kind of thing. "Today, as your final challenge, you will each have to take an apple and pass it to each of your members until you reach the finish. Try to get as many apples as you can within two minutes. However, you must use your mouth."