money or shame?

WANTED: a Y fool for thirty days.

 

wed, 31th march — 10:59 am
 

//

 

...

 

Out of the many cities in the country, why Incheon?!

You're probably thinking why I'm over-reacting to such small thing. Yes, my parents live there, so what was the problem?

 

Let me make it clear...

Me pretending to be someone's 'girl' for money.

This was pretty much similar to ion—in my parents' point of view anyway. If someone I knew found out about this, we'd all be put to shame, and my parents would probably disown me.

 

I thought back and forth whether I should go with Choi Seung Hyun or not. If I did, I'd have the money I would need to survive, but at the same time putting my whole family to shame. But if I didn't, who knows how Seung Hyun would react, seeing as I was his so-called 'perfect fool'. And besides, I couldn't keep on counting on Ji Yong for everything.

 

Money or Shame?

 

The question floated my mind the whole time we were in the building

 

Doesn't your parents live in Incheon too?” Ji Yong nudged me lightly, dragging me away from my deep thoughts.

 

Um, no!”

 

I wanted to hit myself in the head with brick. I absolutely hated lying to Ji Yong! But, it wasn't as if he never lied to me before, right?

 

They—they moved to... Busan! Yes, Busan!”

 

Close call.

 

Really?” Ji Yong questioned. “I thought they had a business in Incheon—”

They... wanted to live by my grandparents.” I could feel my heart sinking down a little as I looked straight into Ji Yong's eyes. “Since, my grandfather is sick...”

Never had I felt so guilty in my whole life...

Just staring at Ji Yong made me want to cry. Really, I couldn't believe the situation I was in. It was as if it was a life changing decision or something!

 

It's... getting late.” I muttered quietly, putting the half eaten donut on the table. “I better get going. And, you know, sleep.”

It's eleven in the morning...” Seung Hyun muttered, as if I was stupid.

 

I kicked my self mentally.

 

I mean...”

 

Make your decision now! My mind screamed.

 

Um... I...”

 

My brain was about to explode! As if it was having a serious meltdown!

Oh! I can feel butterflies in my stomach! Ah!

 

Um... Is she okay?” I heard Seung Hyun mutter to Ji Yong.

I have no idea...” The other man responded.

 

-

-

-

 

wed, 31th march — 1:34 pm

 

//

 

Ring, ring...

Ring, ring...

Ring, ring...

 

Come on! Pick up!

 

Ring, ring...

Ring, r—

 

'Hello?'

Mom...”

'Ah! _____! How are you my dear?'

Um... Good, I guess.”

''I guess?!' Honey! There's something wrong with out daughter!'

No, mother! I'm perfectly okay.”

'I can tell there's something wrong! Oh, what that boy Kwon boy do to you now?! Did he try touching you?!'

Ji Yong did nothing, I swear! I just wanna say that...”

'Yes?'

This is the last time you'll be hearing from me...”

'…'

 

Well, that was easier than I th

 

'WHAT?! Why?!'

 

I guess not...

 

'Are you going to abandon your like your good-for-nothing brother?!'

Abandon?! WHA? “What did Chul Yong do this time?” I sighed.

'He ran off with that Changsun kid! He's been missing for a few days!'

Oh, I am so going to get him when I visit!”

'You're going to visit?!'

Um... Maybe. Real soon. But, mother, I won't be able to answer any of your call in the next month because... well... I'll be super busy with my new job which pays two hundred and fifty—“

'Two hundred and fifty only?!'

THOUSAND.”

'A month?'

Um... No. An hour.”

'…'

...”

'…'

...Mom...?”

'...WHAT?!'

 

Her extremely and horrifyingly loud screaming almost deafened my right ear.

 

'You're joking me!'

I'm serious, Mom.”

'Oh my goodness! Honey, you can finally go to the art school you've always wanted to go to!'

 

She made me feel so selfish...

 

I know...”

'Work hard, dear. I told you something good is going to happen to you this month!'

But you never said anything...”

'I know! But just pretend I did! Take care, honey! We'll see you soon! And don't follow your that twin brother of yours! Bye, I love you!'

I love you too, Mom. Bye.”

 

Beep.

 

Ji Yong walked into the living room with a glass of water in hand. “Whoa! I could hear your mother's voice from the kitchen!” He began as he sat down next to me on the couch.

I couldn't tell her...” I spoke quietly, looking down to my feet.

Tell her what?” Ji Yong asked before chugging down the water.

My new 'job'.”

Why not?”

Because Chul Yong ran away again...”

The man blinked a couple of times. “What has this got to do with your brother?”

She sounded worried when she was on the phone!” I exclaimed. “You know how my mother's like. She'd forbid me doing this job.”

Ah... So she doesn't know about the job?”

 

Oh, goodness. Ji Yong was actually my head in.

 

That's what I just said! Ugh! You know what, never mind!” I quickly stood up from the couch and walked straight towards my room. “I'm going to pack my stuff.”

Gee, is it that time of the month already?” Ji Yong joked.

 

Ji Yong!!!”