the fool. [part II]

WANTED: a Y fool for thirty days.

 

wed, 31th march — 10:47 am

//

No bloody way.

After I set the phone down, I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. I already found the perfect fool, but Hikari had to choose someone else?!
She's unique, from what I heard. Clumsy, not pretty, has random outbursts. That girl was the one Hikari really wanted, (as she is less gorgeous, and not pretty at all, apparently.)

But, I wanted the other one more! Did she even go to the auditions today?

Ugh.

Whatever.
She missed her shot.

_____ was the new fool's name. Though, for some reason, the name sounded familiar. I thought back and forth until I remembered Ji Yong telling me something about his other best friend called _____.

Hmm... maybe it's the same person.

I reached for the phone again and dialled Ji Yong's number. 
After a couple of rings, he finally picked up his phone. 'Hello?'
“Ji, I told you to look for the girl.”
'Well, how was I suppose to know who she was? You didn't even tell me her name or appearance!''

Oh...

Argh! I give up.

“Mm. Whatever. It doesn't matter any more.”

I heard a girl talking in the background.

“Where are you?”
'Dunkin' Donuts'
'I wanted the one with chocolate sprinkles!'
chirped in a woman's voice.
'Tough, I got it first!' Ji Yong responded to the feminine voice.
'Ji Yong!'

I blinked a few times. “Who are you with?”
'A friend.' He simply replied. 'Oh yeah, did I tell you she's your new 'girlfriend'?' He ended his sentence with a chuckle.
“Where are you now?” I was curious who this new 'girlfriend' of mine is.

Hmm. Maybe it is Ji Yong's _____.

'I told you, I'm in Dunkin' Donuts'
“Be more specific, man. There at least four 'Dunkin' Donuts' around town.”
'Yeah, yeah. It's the one next to the florists and across 'Baskin Robbins','

I stood up from my desk and grabbed my keys and jacket. “OK, I'll see you there.”
'Wait, why are you—' I cut him off by ending the call.

I walked out of the office and headed to the car park.

Why was I in a rush you may ask?
Not because I desperately want to see who this girl is—no, scrap that—I DO want to see her, but that wasn't the point. 
I had a meeting in exactly twenty-six minutes.

I jumped in the car and started the engine, before speeding up to the donut shop.

After five minutes, I parked in front of the shop and found Ji Yong sitting inside, facing the window, and a girl across him.

I walked inside the shop, inhaling the sweet smell of freshly made donuts whilst I approached Ji Yong's table. “Kwon Ji Yong!” I called out, attracting the man's attention.
Ji Yong glanced at me with a blank expression for a split second then grinned and waved. “Yo,” He stood up and walked over to him, giving me a 'manly' hug. “Why are you here again?”
“Am I not allowed to go inside a place where they sell donuts?” I responded sarcastically.
“I thought that girlfriend of yours forbid you to?” Ji Yong chuckled and then looked at the girl on the table, who didn't seem to notice me.

How could she not? Who wouldn't notice a strikingly good looking man such as myself?

Hang on just one second. Those thick-rimmed glasses look very familiar.

“Oh yeah! This is her, _____!”
The said girl looked up to Ji Yong with a shy smile. She didn't look at me one bit. She smiled and waved, whilst avoiding my eyes.

Then it hit me.
Hit me hard like a bus would've.

“It's YOU!!” I pointed at her and she looked at me with a bashful look.
“Umm... Hey...” She spoke up quietly.

So, my ideal fool from the café... was her?

Oh, small world.

“I... I haven't got the money for the laundry fee yet, so...” She looked away once she finished he sentence.

“You're her?!” I questioned.
“She's her?!” Ji Yong asked me with confused eyes. “The girl you wanted me to look for?!”
“I'm her?!” The girl responded with the same confused look. “The girl you were expecting. Oh, this day just gets better and better.” She continued with a hint of sarcasm.

"..."

"..."

It was quiet for a second.


“So, that means...” She stared at me with wide eyes. “You're...”
“Choi Seung Hyun. The coward and stupid one. Yeah, that's me.” I replied directly with a smirk.
Ji Yong glanced at both of us. “'The 'coward and stupid' one?' Am I missing something here?”


“Well, '_____'... You better pack your things tonight, because we're going to be staying at the Choi Manor.”
“When?” She quietly asked, her face flushed.
“Tomorrow.”
“And where is that?” She replied before taking a bite of her donut.
“Incheon.”

...

...


“...Seriously?!” She coughed, choking on the donut.
“Why, is there a problem?”
“Umm...no.”
“You sure?”
“Yes...” 
“Hey,” Ji Yong began looking at the woman. “Doesn't your parents live in Incheon too?”