the so-called ‘cliché fantasies’

WANTED: a Y fool for thirty days.

mon, 29th march — 7:59 am

//

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Bee— 
—BAM!

Eugh.
The provoking beeping sound coming from that stupid alarm clock disrupted my peaceful slumber. 
“Dammit...” I groaned and idly sat up, rubbing my weary eyes.

I could just tell that today's gonna be another annoying, tiring, stupid day...
...like always.

In the next minute, I'm gonna have to force myself to get up...
...have a shower—a cold and quick one... because I forgot to pay the water bills... AGAIN...
...get dressed... and put on my oversized thick-rimmed 'nerdy' glasses...
...and then have a crappy breakfast—is an out-dated carton of milk and a two-day old bread even considered as a normal breakfast meal?...
...and go meet up with my best friend since the third grade, Kwon Ji Yong.

Oh, wait. There's a hell lot more.

And get a phone call from my parents, and tell me how extremely apologetic they are that I couldn't finish art school like I always hoped for since I was a little girl... because, well, they couldn’t afford it...
...then waste a good hour of my hell of a morning, scrambling through Sunday newspapers and flyers, hoping to find a job that actually pays good money…
…but fail.
Epically.

And all I could probably ever think of is other ways to make money so I can at least survive for another month or two...

Yup, this is my normal typical day-to-day life.
Sweet, huh?—sarcasm, sarcasm.

//

“Ji Yong!” I whined in frustration. “What am I going to do?!”
I looked down at the stupid white papers with random printed numbers and groaned. The dark-haired guy who was sat across me from the kitchen table could only give me an apologetic look. He gave out a small shrug then a reassuring smile. “I'm telling you this one more time. I'll pay the bi—”
Before he could finish his sentence, I cut him off. “No, no, no! Don't even bother! I won't let you do that again!” I responded. “I could barely pay you back the last time!”
As much as I desperately needed it, I had to decline Ji Yong's offer. Heck, I couldn't take advantage of him! That would just be selfish of me.
Besides, there was no way in the world I would be able to pay him back anyway. It took me a good three-month salary to pay him the last one.
“Hmm...” He lifted his hand on to his chin. “I suppose you could move in with me, if you want.” 
“I really don't want to intrude your privacy, Ji Yong.” I sighed. “Besides, your apartment is only big enough for one person. And it only has one bedroom, so...”
“Or,” His face brightened slightly. “We can move somewhere else! You know I'm only living here for you.” Ji Yong smiled warmly at me after finishing his words, though I could only return another sigh.
“That's the thing though, I never asked you to live here with me. You were better off without the 'geeky girl in glasses' around. And you make me feel extremely guilty because you have to put up with all of my troubles when you could've been out there in the high-society world, enjoying your free-college life and fortune.” I said, sounding as guilty as ever.

The only response I recieved from Ji Yong was a chuckle.

“Don't feel bad! I actually love being here!” He beamed. “But we definitely have to find a bigger apartment. With two bedrooms, of course.”

“I can’t do that to you. I can’t keep on relying to you. I need to be able to rely on myself.” I mumbled with my head tilted downwards. “But do you know what would happen to me now if I hadn’t met you back then?” I asked him earnestly. 

I looked back up to him with a small smile. “I’d probably be dead by now.”

Ji Yong shook his head back in laughter. “You know I’m always gonna be here for you! You lived a quarter of your life without me and I’m sure you can live the rest with me not being around, but to your disappointment, won’t be anytime soon because I’ll stick with you no matter what!”

All I could do was smile. During these times, I thanked God for blessing me to have such a good friend like Kwon Ji Yong. He was like a brother I never had but always wanted. And I loved him to bits.
Really.

//

Let me introduce myself…
Hi, I’m ____…
…your typical un-fabulous, clumsy slash dorky, four-eyed, low class girl.
…and I am an undergraduate at Seoul Institute of the Arts. Well, former anyways. I know, upsetting… I never got to finish my degree because… well … I couldn’t afford it.

OK, maybe not so typical…

I live right next to my best and, probably, only guy friend, Kwon Ji Yong in a cheap apartment house located on the lower part of Seoul...and when I say ‘lower’, I mean ‘low-class’.

Kwon Ji Yong's parents are millionaires—all high-class and fancy, but he walked out on them and decided to live as a ‘low class’ person such as myself...
Only I know his past...because, well, he trusts me.
But that’s not what we’re talking about at the moment.

Still unemployed and probably stay like that for another few years... I had a job a couple of months ago that paid pretty good money, but after the 'accident', the manager thought it was best to let me go.
Sometimes, I dream about those cliché fantasies. You know, the stories about the nerdy girl that ‘accidentally’ bumps into an attractive, rich guy then he torments her for some unknown reason, but then realizes he loves her and live happily ever after.

Those kind of fantasies.

But I doubt it will happen to me. Not in a million years it won’t.

Hi, I'm _____, and welcome to super-fantastic irrevocably awesome and bloody amazing my world.

Insert sarcasm here.