the perfect plan.

WANTED: a Y fool for thirty days.

mon, 29th march — 8:00 am

//

“Ah...” 
I woke up with strained muscles. What do you expect after 'playing' so hard last night. 
Hmm... speaking of last night... I turned my head around to face the smooth white and of my girlfriend, who occupied the other side of my bed
I smirked from the thought of the events that occurred last night in my mind.
Damn... what a rough, but fun night.

I sat up and stretched my arms out, then gave out a small morning yawn. As much as I didn't want to, I had to get up for work.

Soon, I was going to get out of bed...
...take a nice hot bath in my pool-sized hot tub. A nice and slow one... because the hot tub was freaking relaxing…
…get dressed into one of my imported thousand-dollar designer suits...
…and then have a nice fancy breakfast, well cooked and prepared by my personal chefs and maids—who, I must say, gets too overpaid. 
...And get a phone call from my sweet and loving mother about business plans, then scold me about clubbing to much and that I should take care of myself more...
…then go to work.

But it wasn’t the sort of ‘work’ any young adult my age would have...
Not some pizza guy, not some financial worker— you know, the common jobs in today's society.

I'm what you call the 'big boss'.
And damn, I'm only twenty-two.

//

I was hovering over every inch of her. My mouth moved hungrily over hers as she clung onto me tightly, arching her back into my warm body. She moaned rather... ily, causing me to fall rock hard against her body.
“Shirt off – now.” I managed to breath out from their steamy make-out session. My hands made its way to her creamy white thighs and—

—Ring! Ring!

“DAMMIT!”
I cursed out loud.

Ring! Ring!

Damn was I so pissed. I hesitantly got off the lady and threw her an apologetic look before I picked up the annoying ringing phone.

“WHAT!” I roared on the phone, clearly showing how pissed off I was.
“CHOI SEUNG HYUN!” A familiar female voice screeched out loudly from the other line, with almost the same pissed off tone as mine.

I cringed.
Ah, CRAP.

Talk about bad timing... I done it this time.

“IS THAT THE WAY TO GREET YOUR OWN MOTHER!? THE ONE WHO SOLELY GIVE BIRTH TO YOU!?”

Seriously, she didn’t have to shout.
Even my girlfriend could hear her obnoxious ranting.

“Mother,” I sighed. “Calm down.”
“How can I calm down if my only son BLATANTLY IGNORED his mother for almost six months!?”

I did not ignore her... I was just... busy...
Yes, busy.
With Hikari.

“Whom I haven’t seen in the longest time!? You could be dead for all I know! And don’t you DARE give me that scowl of yours! Hye Yoon lives in another country, and she calls me once every week! But you.. YOU’RE HERE, IN KOREA! And you STILL wouldn't call me, let alone even visit me!”

I flinched uncomfortably. 
It felt like I was a ten year-old, getting shouted at by his 'mommy' for breaking something precious like a... a vase!

But hell, it was downright creepy!

“Mother, I’ve been busy... You know... work stuff...” I lied.
“DON’T LIE TO ME CHOI SEUNG HYUN!”

I kicked myself in the mentally. Why did I even bother trying? I knew I wasn’t going to get away from it.
“Mother–” I began my reasoning, but mother beat me to it, once again.
“Hye Yoon WILL be at the Choi Manor next week with her fiancé along with other family members.” She informed me. “And you WILL be there! Understood?” She told me firmly.

“But mother–” I began to protest.

I couldn’t possibly go! Because if I went, I would have to take Hikari, and if, not only my parents, but my older sister and other family relatives meet Hikari… They would immediately disapprove her.

Hikari was definitely NOT what the elders thinks of as a ‘potential wife’. She was a Japanese model who likes to flaunt her body around and maybe some of her hobbies are... dancing... with poles, and... pose for photo shoots—she's hot. Why else would I date her?
She was definitely gorgeous and y, heck, she’s even ‘page three’ girl, and I loved her either way. But I knew my 'traditional' parents would never approve such woman. She was the reason why I was trying to avoid my family in the first place.

“You will be here next month. If not, I will DISOWN you. You know what that means Seung Hyun? That means I will not treat you like MY SON. No mansion. No cars. No CREDIT CARDS!”

“Oh—oh—okay…” I stuttered—something I have done nine years—only because the tone of his mother’s voice sounded pretty frightening.

“That’s my boy!” she chirped, the tone of her voice changing. “Be sure to bring your girlfriend too! I cannot wait to meet her.”
“W–what!?”
“Excuse me?”
“I– I mean… She can’t come…” My voice lowered down.
“Why not?” My mother’s voice sounded more stern than ever.
“She… uh–”
“Bring her with you, OR ELSE!!”

After those two words, she hung up…
And I was definitely not in the mood for ‘fun-hour’ any more.

I sighed and rubbed my temples. I looked at my girlfriend, who gave me a confused look in return.
“What did she want?” The brown-haired beauty asked.
“For me to go home for a month.” I said directly.
Her eyes widened. “And you said no, right?”
In response, I sighed. “I can’t get out of this one this time.”
“Well, I’m not going...”
“You have to... Mother demands for you to go, or else...”
“But, I don’t want to meet them!” She sulked, running to my arms.
“I know babe,” I muttered, giving her a peck on the cheek. “But we have no choice.”
“But... They won’t let us see each other ever again after...” She cried on my chest, clutching onto my shoulders.

Snap!

Then... something snapped inside my head like a twig... Something burst out of that inhumanly developed brain of mine.

What if…
What if I hire a ‘pretend girlfriend’ for a month and pay her to act SO BAD and like a fool—like the BIGGEST fool in Earth so it would convince my parents that ANY WOMAN in this world would be better than her... even Hikari.

That way, Hikari might have a chance… It might just work.
I just had to get a proud and gullible woman to agree with me.
But a y one.

Oh yes, definitely a y one.

//

Let me introduce myself…
I’m Choi Seung Hyun…
...your not-so-typical rich, high class ladies man.
…and a graduate in one of Seoul’s prestigious universities Seoul National University—plus a year-long course in the University of Oxford, England.
I was born as a multi-millionaire, and will keep it like that until the day I die...
...and my family pretty much owns more than a quarter of South Korea.
...I live in an expensive penthouse, which is located in the higher part of Seoul… and when I say ‘higher’ I mean ‘higher-class’…
…I am what you call the ‘big boss’, at a tender age of twenty-one, I managed to hold Choi Enterprises in my hands...
I am also what you call a ‘-god’...
...and that is definitely NOT self-proclaimed.

//

*
*
*

WANTED: Any female between the ages of nineteen (19) and twenty-six (26).

JOB DESCRIPTION: Pretend to be Choi Seung Hyun’s girlfriend for thirty (30) days.

JOB REQUIREMENTS: Extremely believable acting skills, enough to fool incredibly smart people. Willing to do what is asked of you, and that will be told on the interview day. And gutsy enough to act like a complete fool in front of many people.
EXTRAS: Be Y!

PAY: 250,000 WON PER HOUR – Will increase!

If interested, please call the number at the bottom of the ad or show up at the address at the stated time so you can try out/audition for the job.

 

 

 

*A note from Hikari Inoue (Choi Seung Hyun's REAL girlfriend): You’re only Seung Hyun’s PRETEND GIRLFRIEND, so don’t get any funny, stupid ideas.

 

WE ARE STILL TOGETHER!

*
*
*