Choosing Love Interests

Advice for Apply Fics

I think everyone has been expecting (or at least waiting) for this part. Choosing the love interests of your upcoming girl group.

 

Now, like I mentioned before, you have your biases and bias group, right? But there is that group that you would love no matter what. Whether they sprout crazy hairstyles, do sickening hairstyles, or go on hiatus for a year and two months, you would still love them. Here is my first advice in picking a love interest for your group.

 

First, think if you truly love your group enough to pair them with dozens of fictional characters.

 

One of the reasons why apply fics don’t finish is because the author is either crazy jealous of fiction girls that she doesn’t want to continue the story or she has lost love to the group she solely devoted herself to. So authors, I advise you to think long and hard first if you truly love the group.

 

Think of every aspect in the possibility of using your favorite group. Would you be jealous? Would you lose interest to your bias group? Always think about different perspectives, because it will always help you in the long run. Once you’re sure that you can write about your bias groups with fictional girls, here’s my second advice.

 

Try making sure your favorite group is in the same company as your upcoming girl group.

 

Have you noticed, most of the authors that allow the applicants to choose their bias even if it’s from another company, most of them have a hard time writing the chapters. It’s hard to make and put believable scenes in the story, and at the same time make chemistry between the girls and their love interest. It’s honestly hard to keep track of their love stories if they choose love interests from different companies.

 

Take for example you’re going to debut a girl group under SM Entertainment. Why not use EXO, SHINee, or Super Junior as your love interests? It’s easier, and there are more believable scenes I know you can come up with if they’re in the same company.

 

More chemistry can develop between your girl group and your chosen love interests.

 

That’s pretty much it. Remember, I suggest you guys to use the boy group/girl group in the same company as your upcoming group.

 

A quote for today:

 

“There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.” – Paulo Coelho, The Fifth Mountain