Page 3 — First Sight

Once Upon A Change

Tao had already found his locker few moments ago, taking his name tag from inside and clipping it on his shirt. He then decided to walk around the school to remember where the classes are located. He was about to walk to his class, before even the school bell rang but then stopped – as he saw someone was too drown in his own thought at the school bench. The person was tall, Tao assumed, analyzing the other’s spine structure from his back side. The stranger himself has golden-soft-looking hair, and fair pale skin. Tao was wondering how the boy’s face looks like.

 

He was about to approach the certain stranger, but then the loud ring of the bell was heard. Before he even knows it, he forgot what his first schedule was; he had to run his back to his locker.

 

That explains why Tao was trying to keep his breath steady in front of a certain door that leads him to his first schedule. He nervously stepped in after he knocks the door.

 

“Good Morning Mr. Watson. I am sorry I was late.” He bowed politely before the teacher smiles to tell him to come in.

 

“Well, ‘Huang Zi Tao’,” the teacher said as he read Tao’s nametag. “You are the exchange student from China, correct?”

 

“I’m afraid I am, Mr. Watson.” Tao stated in his perfect English pronunciation.

 

“Welcome to my class.” Mr. Watson smiled. “I am honored to have you here. If you don’t have any problem with your sight, please kindly have a seat beside Mr. Do in the middle.” He then gestured the young man his seat.

 

“Thank you Mr. Watson. I’m looking forward for your help.” Tao gave the older man a last polite bow before wheeling around his heel towards the seat.

 

Settling himself down, Tao wrinkled his nose as he smelled a faint scent of a wild dog. Raising a brow to his left, he shrugged the thought as he saw a nerd-looking girl was seated on it. But before he could even concentrate with the lecture on the front, the same scent was bugging his thoughts again, not that it smells bad, but it was familiar to him – and finally found the source coming from the boy that was smiling widely for him from his right. The young boy has his round eyes and thick lips with an adorable smile perfectly curved for his round framed face.

 

“Hello Huang Zi Tao, my name is Do Kyung Soo.” He beams in English; throwing an arm in attempt to give a welcoming greet to the younger.

 

“Hi Kyungsoo. I just go by Tao.” He shook the other’s palm. Lips twitching up in attempt to give a side-smile to Soo.

 

“Nice to meet you, Tao. I hope we can be good friend.” Kyungsoo said then after receiving a good nod he turns his attention back to the lecture in the front.

 

×××××

 

Tao didn’t go to the lunchroom after the bell rang. Instead, he walks up to the second floor, where the library was located. He wasn’t the typical of person who could easily socialize in new surroundings, being the orphan that he is, he found out that being alone could make himself relax and focus.

 

Therefore he walks along the shelves, looking through the ‘Fantasy’ sections. Knowing that this typical of books would bring him to the other world, the world that he currently is living on. He knows some of the fantasy that was written by its authors was somehow has proofs of another creatures existence.

 

He chose a particular book, looking around then decides to take the seat on the bench on the left corner of a library to eat his lunch snacks he brought from home without being seen. Apparently, someone already beat him to it. The certain person had his head down on his arms, covered by a thin–wide book that seems to be an atlas. His body was slightly moving, during his breathing.

 

Tao shrugged, taking the seat in front of the sleeping stranger. He decides not to bother this person as the other wasn’t bugging him with his existence either. He plays his music in a low volume, to have him always be aware of his surroundings. Then he rummages through his lunch bag to retrieve his chocolate-almond muffin. Mm, my favorite. his lips, he was about to take a bite before he heard a grumble of an empty stomach coming from the man in front of him. He tried to muffle a giggle by inhaling a deep breath.

 

A moment has passed since Tao was drowned on his book, almost going into the second chapter when he felt someone was eyeing him. He pulled his book down, locking gazes with the man in front of him who had been awake, apparently. Tao was analyzing the boy. The previous boy he had seen earlier this morning in the school bench. He was stunningly good looking, to good to be true.

 

At first Tao thought the man was a fictional character from a certain book despite his golden hair that beautifully shone from the sunlight that was seeping from the library’s window. The other seemed to be older than him, but his face was perfectly shaped. He has a pair of round gorgeous hazel eyes, his jawline was well-defined, a pair of thick-naturally-furrowed eyebrows, a nice structure of nose, a pair of plump lips, and a faint scent of honey was coming from him. Tao was almost drooling from the sight if he hadn’t realized that the other was staring at his neglected half-eaten muffin.

 

As if reading the other’s thought, the younger is pushing his muffin towards the taller’s arm, still locking a gaze to the blonde’s eyes. “Take it.”

 

The other was about to open his mouth when someone calls out his name. “Kris! Come here for a sec.” He whipped his head towards his friend, then turn back to the young boy in front of him, whispering a ‘Thank you for the muffin.’ before sprinting out to his friend.

 

“Wait up Chanyeol!” by the statement, Kris left the library with Tao’s muffin on hand.

 

Tao, on the other side could still hear Kris’s surprisingly deep voice despite the low volume he had on his ears. Unconsciously smiling, he closed his book due the bell before walking to his class with a certain pair of eyes in his thought.

 

......Kris, hm?

 

---------------------------------------

Author's Note: Are you growling tonight fellas? Because I FREAKING AM!!!

Tao as the beginning and Kris crotch grabbing and CHANCHEN close up is UNGGGHHHH.
Wolf: Powerful beast-self molesting. Growl: teenagers+crotch grabbing. EXO NUFF SAID.


Anyway.. I hope you guys enjoy the story so far^^!