Page 1 — Newborn.

Once Upon A Change

 

May, 2nd 1995 (17 years ago)

 

“Happy Birthday Peach!!”

 

I whip my head towards the loud voice that seeped into my annoyance.

 

Ugh, Mrs. Qiao.

 

I flinched against the touch as the lady next door squeezed the air out of me.

 

“O-o-okay….M-Mi-Missus…” I breathed out.

 

“Oh! Sorry! You’re just toooooooo adore-able! You’re like a cub! I can’t help it!” She squealed as she pinches my heavy cheeks.

 

Xie xie Mrs. Qiao~” I beamed, flailing my arms into her, hoping for myself being lifted. Which she did in return.

 

“Now now, the party is over. Let’s get you ready to the bed, shall we?” I hummed in agreement as I let her shove a pacifier into my mouth, my locks ever so sweetly. We walk straight into my cradle. Mrs. Qiao tucked me inside having me lay on my stomach as I reach for my plushy - a red fuzzy dragon. I smiled when I felt her lips pressed against my temple.

 

“Goodnight baby, have a nice warrior dream.” She sung as I saw her retreating to flick the lights off. I waved my tiny palms goodbye to her, and my pacifier to sleep.

 

×××××

 

Crash.

 

I was awoken by the sound of a glass shattering against a surface.

 

Pulling my face into a frown, I clutched my plushy; Kevin- as I groggily sat up to rub my eyes. I pull my plastic wrench-yes, I’m the Chinese version of Rugrats’ Captain, Tommy- under my pillow, turning the end of it on my cradle’s hook until a ‘click’ was heard.

 

I giggled as I hop my self down, walking towards the door, jumping up to pull on the doorknob. Curious, I walk straight to the living room, narrowing my eyes to adjust myself in a bright light. “Mommy… is th—“

 

My sentence was cut off as I felt my socks getting soaked by a sticky liquid. Looking down between my legs I see a thick pool of….strange dark brown liquid? I frown, but then shrugging the matter off despite my confusion. I was about to call out for anyone again as a limp, pale arm was seen by the other end of the couch. Running into it, I felt a huge, furry arm snaking its way on my petite body.

 

I let out a loud whimper as a humongous jaw of a dog was seen upon me. It was terribly scary; I had to cry my heart out.

 

“Dammit Chanyeol! Keep it do—put him down!!! “  a gasp was heard from a man’s lips, I couldn’t see who he was because this thing is so huge I can’t look anywhere. The thing above me growled lowly, in maybe panic as I felt his arms tightening around my back that I literally can feel his claw piercing into my shoulder blade.

 

“You scared him, you monster!” Yelled the previous voice, which I claim as my savior now; yanked me softly away into his embrace. I automatically snuggled into his strange embrace since I don’t know who else I could lean on to. He softly my head, trying to soothe my terrified self until he felt something thick running out from my body.

 

“WHY DID YOU INJURE A ING HUMAN CHANYEOL?” his booming voice startled me, I cried even louder as another man comes to my vision. He growled-the same growl I heard from that hideous dog before- but he’s a human as far as I can see. “You have to change him into one of us now, quick!”

 

I was held  by my savior, he gently slips me off from my onesie, shoving my body into the face of the other man who I assume named Chanyeol. “Bu-but Baekhyunnie….”

 

“Now.” my savior-Baekhyunnie said intensely. The other Chanyeol guy already took me in his arms, and somehow I found it quite strange to see his face was actually looking very loving towards me.

 

“I’m sorry little baby, I did not mean to put your life in our circles of war.” He said. I was almost calmed down when I felt a wet muscle gliding its way on my left shoulder blade.

 

Then a burning pain slowly shot towards me.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: How have you like the story so far, drag-nics? *wiggles eyebrows* I hope this chapter is not very awkward......... Subscriptions, comments, opinions, or even views, are very much appreciated xie-xie ni ^^. Sorry for the long wait...More surprises to go!