Page 6 — First Dance

Once Upon A Change

Kris walks past the gym where all students of Singer classes were attending their swimming lessons. Perking up his head to the window, he scanned the room for a certain person but then frowned when he couldn’t find them.

 

Just as when Kris had stepped away from the said place, he bumps into another student, who he knew was from the Singer class.

 

“Sorry, is Tao present today?” He said, giving a small smile to the brunette.

 

“That freak , you mean?” The shorter chuckled and letting out a scoff. “The wimp doesn’t swim though.”
 

“Oh…really? Why?” Kris was dumbfounded. But then the other just laughs again, louder this time as he shrugged.

 

“Tell me why should I know the reason why, Krissus.”

 

Kris rolled his eyes. “Whatever Guk.” There’s no point to talk to this kid. He’s naturally rude. And what’s about calling Tao a freak ? As far as Kris knew, the boy is utterly nice. And a little bit….attractive.

 

 

 

 

It was nearly the end of the school when Kris barged in to the abandoned fencing room. Apparently shocking the young Tao as he was drinking from his water bottle.

 

“P-please let me stay!” He exclaimed, half begging, half panting. The younger nodded in confusion and without hesitation Kris sprinting to sit at the wooden floor beside the bench where Tao had currently been sitting on.

 

It took only a few moments after Kris had settled his breathing back. He slightly jumps aside as he felt a cold sensation pressed against his collarbone. “Have this,” Tao’s soft voice came. The one Kris had taken for a liking. The one Kris had been quite fond of. He smiled a bit, reaching the bottle then taking in large gulps.

 

“Huang Zi Tao.” The said boy looks down at the man who just called his full name, pointing to his nametag next to his backpack.

 

“Just figured your real name. I’m Wu Yi Fan.” He smiled, handing Tao his water bottle back. “Thanks.”

 

“Wu Yi Fan.” He repeated.

 

“Hm?”

 

Tao stood up, wanting to return the foil sword back to their shelves. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Why did you stop?”

 

“Huh?” The younger whipped his head back in confusion.

 

“That thing you were doing, was that a sword dance or something?” Tao looked down at the foil at his palm and returning his gaze to the blonde, he nodded. “Well whatever you did, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to interrupt it. Please don’t bother my existence. You may continue your previous actions, Tao.” Kris added with a gentle smile.

 

Tao felt his cheek flushes a bright shade of magenta. He was wondering why was this gorgeous man apologizing for nothing. He’s also wondering why Kris had run his off to this place amongst all places in this school. He wonders if his sweats from the dance stinks and he unconsciously bit his lip, somehow afraid if Kris had smelled him bad. He’s wondering what a lovely smile Kris had. It looks so warm and gentle to him, it feels so secure that he thought he would be safe from the rough world just by looking at the man’s smile. He wonders how long more he had to wait for the swimming lessons to end. There are just so much thoughts running on the back of his mind right now.

 

Kris on the other hand, was stunned by the other younger’s sudden actions. Tao had practically moved to the sword dance. He had many unreadable expressions for every move he made. Sometimes, the adorable Tao – which Kris claimed it to be, showed up with this twinkling eyes and flustered cheeks. Then the fierce Tao came, eyes focusing forward, jaw clenched, it almost looks like he’s in some deep thought. He caught a glimpse of the younger, chewed his own lower lip ever so slowly to have it looks softer and redder by the time it was freed from his teeth. Kris had to mentally yell for himself and hardly pinches his right thigh to fight the urge to slam Tao against this wooden floor sloppily ravishing his mouth here and there.

 

“Wow..”

 

Both of them were cut off by a murmur. Then Kris realized the word was slipped out of his own lips.

 

“What a performance.” He grinned. “Thank you for showing me the dance. It was….gorgeous.” He whispered the last part. And of course, the younger didn’t catch it.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Your dance. It’s beautiful, it calmed my nerves.” Kris chuckled this time.

 

By now it’s clear that Tao is glowing red from the embarrassment of not realizing his former action, Kris’s compliment as well. He tried to hide it by turning around and returning the foil to where it belongs then muttered a soft ‘Thanks’.

 

The raven boy walks to where his previous seat was. “A-as I was saying… W-what is Kris doing here?” Tao frowned, his expression was clueless. Kris had to chuckle to the never-ending adorableness pouring from the fellow latter.

 

“Well I was chased by my fan. Or fans..” he muttered. “We just talked. They were nice at first but then after a while I felt them throwing flirtatious looks and pressing….” Kris shuddered at the thought, causing the younger to let out a hearty laugh.

 

Kris was flabbergasted.

 

Damn, Tao’s laugh was music to his ears. It sounded so light and free, Tao had his eyes forming into a pair of crescents, his cheeks pulled up, a palm was covering his perfect smile and Kris caught a sight of neatly structured teeth inside. Tao’s soft voice isn’t helping the other to not fall for this simple action. The laugh itself turned into a chuckle, then a soft giggle before suddenly faded away.

 

“Wha-wh-what are you looking at?” Tao asked, unconsciously palming his cheeks.

 

Kris hides his flustered cheeks with a silly grin he throws to Tao. “Nothing!” he beamed. “How long have you been here?”

 

Tao looks around, “Perhaps since the lunch break…?”

 

“You didn’t eat?” Tao shook his head slowly.

 

“I brought my bentou.”

 

Kris was about to say more but the rings of the bell had told both of them that the school is already done for today. Tao collected his own stuff while Kris excused himself to grab his bag at his class.

 

Tao huffed his cheeks as he walks downstairs. He had waited for some time after the bell so he wouldn’t bump to the other kids. Although, he still is a bit pissed about another ‘pleasant’ treatment he received once he opened his locker. He received nice notes for some day, but then the day after he got a very nice white box with bow tied neatly. There was a note saying ‘Sincerely made with love :)))))))’ and Tao nearly faints when he saw what’s inside. There lay a dead frog and white mice, headless and rotten already, the boy had assumed they were stolen from the science lab since he thought that no one would probably kill or buy any kind of animal to kill them and serve them for a stupid prank.

 

That would be a waste of cash he thought once, no matter how cheap that creature be. He only wonders what was sent to him today. He inhaled sharply, preparing himself.

 

“UWAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!”

 

---------------------------------------

Author's NoteCliff is hanging.