Page 4 — It’s You

Once Upon A Change

This has been a week for Tao in Cheongguk High. He found nothing peculiar up to this day other than his new friend, Kyungsoo, occasionally found being followed-or what Kyungsoo had claimed; his ‘bestfriend’- with a certain Dancer student (Tao and Kyungsoo both attends Singer class) named Kim Jong In, who would prefer to be called by ‘Kai’ than Jongin and has a familiar sweet-wild-dog scent; the same scent that Kyungsoo had as well.

 

Then he also finds an old fencing room; it was abandoned yet still tidy even though dusts were covering every surface. Which Tao happily claim as his new ‘territory’.

 

But the least he couldn’t really get off his mind was Kris.

 

Tao had been very curious about the other.

 

And he barely pays attention towards any special someone.

 

This was what he had been staring to.

 

A piece of paper, a neat ‘Good morning, gorgeous’ was written on it with a smiley face.

 

This caught Tao’s guard off. It was the 3rd note he received from the past time. He doesn’t even remember he got close into anyone other than Kyungsoo. The note itself fell right after Tao opened his locker; wanting to grab the book he had borrowed from the library to actually read it in the cafeteria before. Curious, he glances around the locker hall, trying to find any hint of a secret admirer. Well, that’s weird… everyone is showing no signs of acting ‘natural’. He sheepishly thought. Who coul–

 

His thought was cut off by a harsh push on his head causing his head, having a hard contact with the solid metal in front of him. He winced in pain as he whipped his head to see who the hell was actually childish enough to bully a person on their high school year.

 

“Freak !” the blonde boy was cackling with another two company of his as he throw a middle finger to Tao without even looking back.

 

“Yongguk…” Tao growled under his breath, anger almost rising. But then he felt a warm touch on his left shoulder, calming down a bit as he looks back to the other.

 

“C’mon Tao. Let’s take lunch, shall we?” Kyungsoo grinned wide adorably, (Tao had to restrain himself to squeal at the pure cuteness of this friend of his.) having Jongin trails behind him giving Tao another happy smile. The panda just nod his head, emotionless yet his face showing appreciation towards the older.

 

They immediately take a seat nearby the window. Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow to Tao’s tray in front of him.

 

“An apple and pudding for lunch, Tao?” he asked. The younger only shrug at his question.

 

“I don’t like potatoes, Soo.” Tao answered. Kyungsoo then nod understandingly at him.

 

“So.. Where do you learn Korean, Tao? I see that you’re quite good. Kyungsoo decides to open a topic as he shoves a spoonful of mashed potatoes to his mouth.

 

“I just learned the basics Soo, it’s not too hard for me.”

 

“Oh.. Wow” was the only phrase Kyungsoo could say to the younger’s answer. “You don’t talk much, do you?”

 

“Not really, only with some people close to me.”

 

Kyungsoo glance at the boy for a moment before silence was surrounding them again. Tao look up from his pudding, eyes immediately locked with a certain familiar man. He was sitting with two other boys on the middle seat, laughing heartily as a silly dirty joke was told by his friend. Jongin trailed the taller’s gaze, smirking in realization.

 

“Are you fond of Kris, hyung?” the tan said after clearing his throat. Tao slowly diverts his gaze to the younger.

 

“You know him?”

 

“Mhm.”

 

Tao decides that he could trust the couple in front of him. “Tell me about the guy.”

 

Jongin smirked. “Well, basically, he’s our Student Council Vice President and Basketball Captain. He’s our senior, a year higher than our grade. He’s also a student from Art class. He’s that kind of guy who had a small group of fan girls, but he’s cool.” Tao nodded.

 

“What about the other?”

 

“That guy with the dimple over there, his name’s Zhang Yi Xing. People calls him ‘Lay’ for a reason. He’s supposed to attend to our Singer classes, but it seems like he’s clueless or forgets or even knows his schedules, so he attends Dancer classes from now on.” Kyungsoo continued. “And the other brunette guy is Chan Yeol. He always looks cheerful like that. And he attends the same class as Kris. That’s all I know about it.” Jongin nodded in agreement to his friend’s sentence.

 

“Mmkay.” Tao then stood up clearing his tray. “I’m done. Guess I’ll see ya later.” He waves with his book. The two others smiled and muttered ‘Kay’ and ‘See ya’ simply to him as he leaves.

 

Little did he knows, another pair of warm eyes was watching his back when he walks out the lunchroom.

 

×××××

 

I was on the third floor, checking up our school’s functional room for Student Council meeting until I heard faint screeches of sneakers from the fencing room.

 

“Weird.” I mumbled. It’s already 3 in the afternoon; the school is already over an hour ago. And I thought no more students are actually interested in fencing. Which was the reason why the room is actually abandoned by now.

 

I peeked from the door’s window only to see someone was in the room; raven hair, white sweater and black jeans, holding a foil.

 

It’s him.

 

The boy was moving his body ever so gracefully, swinging his sword to different direction; body’s performing some great moves at different angles, as if he was dancing.

 

I stood there for a few moments, watching him in awe. Perhaps it’s weird for me to say but, whatever he was doing was absolutely outstanding.

 

“Kris, you comin’?” a sudden voice almost startled me; interrupting my thought.

 

“Ah.. Yeah Lay, on the second thought, you may go first. I’ll call you later.” I said, smiling at him once he nodded then waving me goodbye.

 

I’ll just wait for him to be done then.

 

I grinned at my own thought as I walk downstairs to the school field.

 

---------------------------------------

Author's Note: Are my chapters too short for you guys? Should I put it a lot longer or not?

Opinions, s'il-vous-plait ^^

If anyone of you is confused about how my story goes on or....wanting to put correction on my grammars, please leave the comment below :) I would highly appreciate that~

 

Thank you for subscribing and upvoting or even commenting, I love you guys and the silent readers too <3