Stubborn and Cold

Courting My Daughter's Mom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 2. Stubborn and Cold

 

For the very first time in four years, Tiffany and Taeyeon’s hearts both thump faster as both were drawn onto each other’s eyes. Their breathing became irregular as Taeyeon leaned closer to her.

 

Tiffany wanted to look away and shove his hand that’s gently cupping her chin. However, Taeyeon’s longing eyes and intense gaze paralized her entire being as her inner self just wanted to embrace and kiss him.

 

On the other hand, Taeyeon seems to lose his self as his longing for the girl that he genuinely loves is staring back at him with the same gaze. His eyes traveled down Tiffany’s gorgeous, plump lips and leaned even closer to kiss her. However, Tiffany snapped back to her senses and gently pushed him on his chest, surprising him as he backed away by reflex.

 

“This way… Mr. Kim.” Tiffany softly said after being taken aback by his reaction.

 

Taeyeon blinked a few times as he looked away. He silently calmed himself down and mentally cursed himself for reacting like that towards Tiffany. Though he flirts around with girls for the past few years, he never let any girls touch him and he’s very cautious when some random girl will just try and have their hands on his body. It was something that he naturally acquired after that night four years ago.

 

“Mr. Kim.”

 

Tiffany snapped him back to his senses and he was sure that he saw a worried expression on her face before she had her cold expression back on. Taeyeon dorkily smiled at her and as expected, he was ignored by the girl who just turned her back and headed out of the conference room.

 

 

 

“I’m sure CEO Choi already informed you about the company. This whole building is where the post-production, distribution, and marketing departments are located. The other building across this which can be directly accessed through the skybridge is where the other studios, administrative departments, and CeCi magazine are located.”

 

Tiffany kept a straight face on as they walked around the building, heading towards her favorite part of the building – the video editing suite.

 

“This is the video editing suite. This is part of the post-production department where we edit videos, adding visual special effects, stuff like that.”

 

Though Taeyeon didn’t understand a thing because he’s too busy staring at Tiffany as he was amused with the girl’s passionate explanation of almost everything about the company, he nods his head like he understood each and every word that’s coming out of the Managing Director’s mouth.

 

“And I’m pretty aware that you’re not paying attention to what I’m saying, Mr. Kim.” Tiffany crossed her arms across her chest, cocking an eyebrow at the guy who never took his eyes off from her which is a bit strange as he used to always look and easily gets distracted by pretty and attractive girls for the past years.

 

“I am completely paying attention to you, Ms. Hwang.” He dorkily grinned, causing the girl to scoff at his playful remark.

 

The two continued to wander around the building and they were both warmly welcomed by the employees. Like usual, Taeyeon can make the girls to silently squeal and blush upon seeing him but Tiffany also had the same effect on male employees. However, though they didn’t know it yet, the two are completely lost in their own little world as they ignore the other’s admiration and just continued with their stuff.

 

“Ms. Hwang…”

“What?”

“Can I say something?”

“Go ahead.”

 

Taeyeon stopped walking as he swiftly stood in front of her, causing Tiffany to almost bump against him. Tiffany glared at him but her face flushed in an instant with what Taeyeon told her.

 

“You look beautiful and lovely as always, Fany-ah.”

 

Taeyeon sweetly smiled and he quickly turned around as he continued walking across the skybridge towards the other building. He sighed in relief and chuckled at himself as he put his hands inside the pockets of his dark grey linen trousers.

 

“You shouldn’t say such words to your boss, Mr. Kim.” Tiffany spoke as she walked next to Taeyeon with yet again cold expression on her face. Though she was taken aback and her heart frantically leaps with the compliment from Taeyeon, she couldn’t let her guard down as she doesn’t want to be enthralled by him all over again.

 

“That was a sincere compliment from your subordinate, Ms. Hwang.”

 

‘I don’t need your compliment, Kim Taeyeon.’

 

 

“Taeng!!!”

“Nicole!~~~”

 

Taeyeon and Nicole hugged each other like long lost friends, ignoring the deathly glares Tiffany is giving to Nicole. The two hugged for a few moments and Taeyeon didn’t forget to kiss her on the cheek before they broke the hug, causing Tiffany to unconsciously scowl at their interaction.

 

Nicole snickered as she saw how Tiffany frowned and decided to tease the girl more as she clung onto Taeyeon’s arm.

 

“Don’t you have any work to do, Nic?” Tiffany muttered under her breath as she couldn’t help but to feel annoyed with how close the two are.

“Oh, there’s nothing much to do for today.” Nicole shrugged, smirking at her obviously jealous friend and boss.

“Is that so? Then could you show Mr. Kim around since you two are close, right? I have to prepare for my meeting later.” Tiffany tried her best not to sound annoyed but Nicole just knew her very well.

 

With a simple ‘okay’ from Nicole, Tiffany made her way to her office located in the same floor with the office of CeCi magazine. Though Tiffany holds a high position in the company, she chose to have her office near CeCi as she’s still the Creative Director of the said magazine.

 

“Seems like you’ll have a hard time in getting your princess back.” Nicole chuckled as they started walking around the office.

 

Like Tiffany, Nicole also got promoted as she’s now the Senior Art Director and also Tiffany’s assistant. She is also now engaged with Seohyun’s cousin, Jinwoon. Though she loathed Taeyeon at first because of what happened between him and Tiffany, she’s still friends with him and still hopes that the two will be back together especially now that they have a daughter.

 

“Oh, you know I have my own ways of getting a girl’s heart.” Taeyeon proudly smirked only to be elbowed by Nicole.

 

“Well, we’re talking about Tiffany Hwang here who lost her faith in love four years ago because of some stupid dork who broke her heart few days before their wedding.” She retorted and immediately shut as Taeyeon’s eyes flickered with pain.

 

There was a brief silence between the two as they stopped in their tracks.

 

“Wish me luck then. I’ll make sure she’ll have her faith back in love.” Taeyeon dorkily grinned before walking again, causing Nicole to smile at him as she really hoped he’ll succeed in opening the girl’s heart that a lot of guys had attempted to, only to fail as Tiffany has no interest in falling inlove again – at all.

 

 

 

Tiffany was busy preparing for a meeting with an entertainment agency regarding a documentary that they’re planning to produce. However, her mind seemed to be occupied by something or rather by someone else as she couldn’t concentrate on checking the proposal.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter