Let It Be (Part 1)

Courting My Daughter's Mom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9. Let It Be

 

Flashback

 

“You look beautiful, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon lovingly smiled at her as he held her hand. His gaze is full of love and it makes the girl in front of him wonder how this simple gesture of him can make her feel like she’s the most beautiful and happiest girl in the world.

 

She smiled shyly at him and swiftly interlaced her fingers with his.

 

In two weeks time, she’ll no longer be a single person. She will be a married woman. She will be committing herself to Taeyeon – the person whom she thinks she can’t live without – for as long as she can, albeit her heart wants it to be rather forever.

 

“Are you still going to be like this to me even if we’re alreay married?” she softly asked.

 

A soft, warm smile formed on Taeyeon’s lips as he watched her, looking adorably cute in front of him while waiting for his answer.

 

“I actually want to be someone more…”

 

End of Flashback

 

“Ah… this is so good!”

 

Taeyeon snapped back to his senses and blinked as he found the girl across her smiling widely while devouring her favorite Japanese food – grilled eel.

 

They are at the Japanese restaurant that Tiffany frequents to, usually with Lauren, Sunny, and Jessica. They had waited in line to have a taste of the restaurant’s famous eel grilled over oak charcoal, and Taeyeon finds her adorable while strictly following the four steps to eating her favorite dish.

 

He watched her eat and smiled when she cutely asked why he’s not eating.

 

“Eat, Taeyeon-ah.”

 

He stared at her. He opens his mouth to say something but closes it again, not exactly sure what he’s going to say after hearing her say his name with affection – with a soft smile gracing her lips.

 

“I... Uhm... I... okay.” he stuttered.  He cursed under his breath for being suddenly nervous, earning soft giggles from Tiffany who then breaks into a fit of laughter that warms his heart.

 

“What’s funny?” he asks, tilting his head on the side while arching a brow at her, with a playful yet cute smile drawn on his face.

 

Tiffany sighed contently. She sipped her drink and composed herself. She stared back at him and briefly wondered how she can be comfortable – and feel loved, even – with him, after all those years.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter