Blinding Passion

Courting My Daughter's Mom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 7. Blinding Passion

 

“Miss, can you please check it again?”

“Ms. Hwang, I’ve already checked it a few times. The room that’s reserved under your name is the Executive Suite with one king bedroom. We never received any changes in the request.”

“What do you mean you did not?!”

 

The receptionist flinched a little because of Tiffany’s loud voice.

 

It is already Monday and Taeyeon and Tiffany are already in Jeju Island for the conference later in the afternoon. When they reached the island, they were fetched by the hotel’s car service and they both went straight to the hotel’s front desk to check-in. However, they were both surprised that the company, or Nicole to be exact, only reserved one suite for both of them.

 

Since Tiffany was supposed to go with Nicole, she had asked her to book just one suite for them but when Hyoyeon decided to have Taeyeon to go with her instead, she specifically asked Nicole to change their reservation.

 

“Okay. Fine. Can you book me another room then?” Tiffany tried to be calm but her sharp voice tells both the receptionist and Taeyeon that she’s on the verge of going mad.

“I... I’m sorry, Ms. Hwang b-but… the hotel is fully booked…” the receptionist trailed off when Tiffany glared at her.

 

Understanding the situation and feeling sorry for the receptionist, Taeyeon apologetically smiled at the poor receptionist and tried to coax Tiffany.

 

“Errr… Tiffany, I think it’s okay. There’s really no choice for us since the hotels are all fully booked ‘cos it’s peak season too. You can have the bedroom and I’ll just sleep in the living room.” He innocently smiled at her.

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow at him before turning her back at the receptionist and tried to call Nicole again. After a few more tries, Nicole finally answered the phone and although Taeyeon couldn’t see Nicole, he knew that the girl pulled the phone away from her ear since Tiffany just yelled at her as soon as the line got connected.

 

“JUNG NICOLE!!! What the hell is this?! Didn’t I tell you to change the reservation?!”

“Hello to you too, Tiff. It’s nice to know that you safely arrived in Jeju. Yes, you did ask me to change it but the hotel is already fully booked when I called in to change it. And, I also tried to make a reservation to the other hotels but since it’s peak season and also because of the event, all hotels are full… unless you’d be fine with a backpacker’s inn which I’m sure you won’t. Besides, it’s not like you’re sharing the suite with a stranger.”

“But you kno--- hello? Nic? Nicole! Ugh!“

 

Tiffany stared at her phone in disbelief as Nicole just hanged up on her. She closed her eyes for a few moments, massaging her temples while muttering incoherent words as she’s totally pissed off.

 

The fact that she’s in Jeju with Taeyeon for two days is making her anxious and uncomfortable because of the hug that they had last Saturday night which left a big effect on her. It reminds her of how much she loved him and as much as she wanted to dismiss the thought and feeling, she can’t lie to herself – she still loves him.

 

And being with him in the island that she and Taeyeon have both good and bad memories with, she’s not sure if she can keep her emotions in check – especially if she’s sharing a suite with him.

 

“If it’s really uncomfortable for you, I can just look for maybe a guest house or an inn near here.” said Taeyeon. Though he knows that it will be a hassle for him, he doesn’t want to make Tiffany uncomfortable but he hoped that she will give in and just let him stay and share the suite with her.

 

After a few moments of silence, Tiffany sighed and finally looked at him. She stared at him, contemplating if she’ll let him stay with her or not.

 

“Come on. Let me you to your room.” He warmly smiled at her before gesturing the bellboy that he can now lead them towards the suite.

 

They both trailed behind the bellboy silently. Taeyeon was busy with his phone, checking for any available guest house or small hotels while Tiffany is considering the idea of just sharing the suite with him as she knows it will be a trouble for him if he’s going to stay in a guest house. However, her subconscious mind is trailing back to their break-up and it’s making her frustrated.

 

“Thank you.” said Taeyeon to the bellboy.

 

The bellboy politely smiled and bowed before leaving them in the suite located in the executive floor of the hotel.

 

Taeyeon looked around and nodded in satisfaction at the large, sophisticated suite. It has a scenic ocean view from the furnished terrace and the room gives off a cozy atmosphere.

 

“You can stay here.” Tiffany suddenly said, startling him.

“R-really?” he turned around to face her as he blinked at her, trying to stiffle his dorky smile.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes at him as she just exactly knows that he’s happy sharing the suite with her. Taking her luggage to the bedroom, she opened the door and stopped as she turned her head to Taeyeon – who’s cutely smiling at her.

 

“You’ll sleep there… on the couch.”

 

 

“I’m surprised Lauren didn’t throw tantrums when you left her.” said Taeyeon.

 

They’ve already settled their luggages and they’re in the living room, sitting next to each other while preparing for the conference they’ll attend to in a few hours. Since he already read the documents and other files about the conference beforehand, he felt bored and decided to just open up a topic for them to talk about aside from work.

 

Remembering the peaceful parting of Tiffany and Lauren earlier, he was amused and curious at the same time since he was used to his nephew throwing tantrums when Hyoyeon or Dongwook would leave their son for days.

 

“She understands that I’m going away for work but she knows that I’m coming back.”

“She doesn’t cry?”

“Sometimes. She says she’ll miss me and would ask me not to go but she’s just expressing her feelings. She’d be fine after that. Besides, she knows that when I’m away, it means that she’ll have fun dates with her uncles and aunts.”

 

Tiffany calmly answered without looking at him and her answer made Taeyeon smile as he really admires her as a mom.

 

For the past week of being with her and knowing Lauren, his respect for Tiffany just became bigger as he finds her amazing for raising her child really well.

 

Tiffany glanced at him and he smiles warmly at her. She stared blankly at him for a few moments and froze when Taeyeon reached out as he gently tucked some strands of her hair behind her ear.

 

“Do you want me to call for a room service or you want to eat out?” he smiled, reaching for the room service menu on the side table beside the hotel room’s telephone.

 

Tiffany looked away from him as she frowned, not wanting the warm fuzzy feeling she’s having at the moment.

 

“Room service is fine.” She shortly answered as she continued reviewing some files on her laptop.

 

Taeyeon nodded in agreement and attentively noted what Tiffany wants before calling the room service. Since they ordered full course meals, it will take about an hour for their food to arrive – leaving them no choice but to wait and continue preparing for the conference.

 

They both fell in silence as Tiffany was engrossed in going over the presentation while Taeyeon was just silently watching her – admiring the beautiful single mom next to him.

 

A sweet smile was drawn on his face but his eyes convey his longing for her as his mind wandered back to the day where they had a small talk about their supposed wedding.

 

Flashback

 

“Hey~~ why the long face? Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked in a concerned manner as he sat next to Tiffany who’s busy checking the portfolio that Jessica gave her.

 

It was the wedding plan checklist and she couldn’t believe that they’re already down on the two-weeks-before-the-wedding section as all the things from 11-months-before-the-wedding section down to the one-month-before-the-wedding section were already checked and completed – all thanks to her best friend who didn’t break her promise that she’ll be in charge of Tiffany and Taeyeon’s wedding.

 

“You’re not thinking of calling off the wedding, are you?” Taeyeon suspiciously eyed her as he took the portfolio from her and placed it on the coffee table, holding her hand and resting them on his lap.

 

“Of course not. You know it’s my dream to get married… and I am blessed that I’m getting married to you. It’s just that… I don’t know… I’m scared…” Tiffany softly said as she moved closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder, making Taeyeon to automatically wrap an arm around her.

 

“What are you scared of? We’re getting married in two weeks…” he softly said while playing with her hand and softly kissing her hair.

 

“I’m just… afraid… I’m afraid that after the wedding, things will be different. We’ll be starting a new life together…  and it will change everything… it’s gonna be a lifelong relationship between you and me.”

 

Taeyeon nodded in understanding before grabbing her to sit on his lap, letting her to straddle him and wrap her arms loosely around his neck. He warmly smiled as he tucked some stray strands of hair behind her ear before locking his eyes onto hers as they lovingly gazed at each other.

 

“I’ve got one of the most beautiful women in the world and I’m lucky that she chose me to be the one whom she’s gonna share and spend the rest of her life with. I’m really grateful for that, Fany-ah. Thank you for allowing me to be your man, to be in a lifelong relationship with you. You don’t need to be scared, everything will be okay. I love you…”

 

Tiffany lovingly smiled at him as she leaned in and gave him a soft peck on the lips. She never knew she could ever love someone as much as she loves him, and the fact that she’s getting married to the person she loves and who loves her back seems surreal yet gives her great joy.

 

“Promise to stay in love with me for the rest of your life?” she softly asked as she closed her eyes while leaning her forehead against his.

 

“I will… I promise.” answered Taeyeon in a very soft voice but enough for Tiffany to clearly hear it as she sweetly smiled at him whilst her eyes still closed, gently rubbing their noses together before giving him another soft peck on the lips – leaving both of them a fluttering sensation.

 

End of Flashback

 

Taeyeon snapped out from his thoughts upon receiving a flick on his forehead. He blinked twice at Tiffany who’s cocking an eyebrow at him and he sheepishly smiled at her.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes at him before turning her attention back to her laptop, gesturing him to move closer to her so he could see the file properly. It is the list of the names and pictures of important people attending the conference and Taeyeon nodded in understanding as she briefed him about their influence in the entertainment and production industry.

 

“Kim Yoonhee?”

“The firstborn daughter of MBC’s CEO. She grew up and studied abroad, her dad wanted to keep her life private until she’s ready to take over the company.”

“That’s why she doesn’t have any pictures?”

 

Taeyeon asked in disbelief and Tiffany just shrugged her shoulders as she hasn’t met or even saw a photo of the said girl. Everytime an article will come out about the successor of the country’s one of four major national tv and radio networks, there were no pictures of her and the information about her is very limited.

 

“This will be the very first event she’s gonna attend to as the CEO’s daughter.” Tiffany closed the file and put the laptop on the coffee table as she leaned her back comfortably on the couch, placing a cushion on her lap.

“Sort of like her first public appearance?” he tilted his head, watching Tiffany as she closes her eyes to rest a bit while waiting for their room service.

 

Tiffany nodded to answer him, ending their conversation as she felt worn-out and stressed about the conference and having him near her – letting silence to engulf them.

 

After a few moments of just watching Tiffany, Taeyeon took the courage to gently take her hand and started to massage her which he used to do to her whenever Tiffany’s feeling worn out from her work.

 

Tiffany’s eyes fluttered open as she felt the familiar warm hands holding her hand. She tried to pull her hand from him but Taeyeon firmly but gently held her hand as he continued putting pressure on her palm.

 

“Taeyeon, sto---”

“Fany-ah, please. Just let me do this…”

 

Tiffany bit her lower lip as she stared at Taeyeon. Though he’s not looking at her and busy givi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter