Tiffany’s Daughter

Courting My Daughter's Mom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 3. Tiffany’s Daughter

 

Taeyeon drove Tiffany to her home and he was surprised that they’re just living in the same neighborhood. Since Director Kim found out about Tiffany’s pregnancy, she insisted to buy a house for her as it would be safer for her than to live in the penthouse. She was there all along for Tiffany as it is the least she could do since Taeyeon has no idea at all about her pregnancy and Tiffany also didn’t want to inform him about it. She’s been living with her while in the country and it was only when her husband suffered from when she went back to New York. Besides, she doesn’t want another loss in her family like what happened to Hyoyeon’s supposed first child.

 

“Suz, I’m already here at home. She’s not here. Did you find her yet?”

“Not yet, unnie. I’m on my way back to the kindergarten.”

“Okay, I’m gonna search for her too. Call me if you find her.”

 

Tiffany ended the call and went downstairs after searching the whole house for her daughter at the thought that Lauren probably went straight home. She was about to go out to start searching but she was stopped by Taeyeon who’s waiting at the porch and whom she thought is already gone after dropping her home.

 

“Why are you still here?” she asked, pulling her hand from his grasp.

 

Taeyeon sighed as he’s starting to get frustrated with how cold Tiffany is treating him.

 

“What does she look like?”

“Just go back to work or go home. You have no business here, Mr. Kim.”

 

Tiffany was about to walk away but Taeyeon stopped her again as he grabbed her shoulders and stood in front of her.

 

“Look, I just want to help you. I know you hate me and you’re just talking to me because you have to… but can you just let me help you find your daughter? Just think of it as part of my job…” Taeyeon softly said the last sentence and Tiffany’s eyes soften as she saw a glimpse of pain in his eyes.

 

Not wanting the feeling of being drawn into Taeyeon’s eyes, she looked away and closed her eyes for a moment as she thought whether she’d allow him to help and eventually see Lauren or not. She let out a deep sigh and barely nodded her head as she accepted his help since finding her daughter is more important than anything else at the moment.

 

Shoving his hands off from her shoulders, she unlocked her phone and went through the galleries as she looked for Lauren’s photos. Since her phone is practically filled with her daughter’s pictures, it didn’t take her long to find one and showed it to him.

 

“Her name is Lauren. She’s three and according to my cousin, she just ran away from her while on their way back here from her kindergarten.” She nervously watched Taeyeon’s reaction as the guy furrowed his brows as he took a closer look on Lauren’s photo.

 

“She’s your daughter?” Taeyeon asked with a glimpse of surprise mingled with admiration and disbelief in his voice, causing Tiffany to roll her eyes at him.

 

‘Yes. She’s MY daughter.’

 

“Give me your phone. Call me right away if you find her.” she stretched her hand with her palm open as Taeyeon immediately gave her his phone.

 

Tiffany’s heart skipped a beat after pressing the home button of his phone while Taeyeon couldn’t hide his sly smile when he noticed her surprised expression that was immediately replaced by a cold one. Though he’s already using a different phone, all the contents from his old phone were transferred to the new one and that includes his wallpaper – Tiffany’s photo.

 

“I think I know where she is.” he voiced out as soon as Tiffany handed his phone back as she found out that he still has her number saved.

 

Tiffany looked up to him with a frown on her face, surprised and confused but Taeyeon just smiled at her before grabbing her hand as he lead her back to his car.

 

“Where are we going? And how do you know where my daughter could be?” she suspiciously eyed him, ignoring the fact that he’s holding her hand and she’s letting him drag her inside his car.

 

Taeyeon just grinned at her before closing the door of the passenger seat once she’s properly seated. She immediately buckled her seatbelt on as she doesn’t want Taeyeon to do it again for her and glared at him as soon as he enterred and sit on the driver’s seat.

 

 

 

“I’m seriously going to kill you if she’s not here.” Tiffany threatened him as she was completely annoyed when Taeyeon insisted that they’d find her daughter in the park just near her kindergarten after arguing about splitting up to search for Lauren.

 

“And if she’s here? Do I get a reward or something?” Taeyeon dorkily grinned as he blocked her way.

 

‘I seriously want to kill you now, Kim Taeyeon! Aaargh!’

 

Tiffany glared at him and walked past him but Taeyeon grabbed her hand yet again as he dragged her towards the other side of the park where he first met Lauren. He has a dorky smile plastered on his face as he firmly but gently held Tiffany’s hand.

 

‘I miss holding your hand like this, princess.’

 

On the other hand, Tiffany is trying to pull her hand from his grasp but Taeyeon wouldn’t let her as he even pulled her closer to him.

 

“Yah! Let go of my hand!” Tiffany tugged his hand but Taeyeon just glanced at her and smiled.

“I want you to cook lunch for me after, okay?” he dorkily grinned as they stopped walking. He pointed to the little girl sitting on the bench near an ice cream stand, not too far from them, and released Tiffany’s hand.

 

Tiffany blinked as she saw her daughter and in no time, she ran towards her and sat beside her daughter as she hugged her tightly.

 

“Baby, don’t run away from your Aunty Suzy like that again, okay? Mommy was very worried for you. Don’t ever do that again, Lauren-ah.” she let her tears fall as she continued hugging her daughter.

“I just want to see Daddy…” Lauren pouts, causing Tiffany to pull away from her and look at her in surprise and confusion.

 

Tiffany wiped her own tears and pulled her in her arms again as the little girl continued pouting with her head hang low while playing with her fingers. She couldn’t understand why her daughter is acting like that and she’s very curious about the guy whom she’s calling daddy as it seems like he had a huge effect on her daughter. She opened to say something but Taeyeon suddenly appeared and crouched down in front of Lauren with a huge smile on his face.

 

“Strawberry ice cream for my little princess!~~” He grinned as he showed her the ice cream on his hand, causing Lauren to lift her head up and pull away from her mom upon hearing his voice while Tiffany furrows her brows at Taeyeon.

 

‘Little princess?’

 

“Daddy!!!~~~” Lauren happily exclaimed and threw herself in Taeyeon’s arms.

“Oww~~ careful, little princess. Did you miss Daddy?” Taeyeon immediately caught her as the little girl just carelessly jumped off the bench and hugged him.

 

Tiffany stared at the two in disbelief. She was greatly surprised, shocked, and bewildered at what’s happening in front of her eyes. She watched how her daughter’s expression brightens up upon seeing Taeyeon, how she threw herself towards him, and how she called her Daddy.

 

‘D-daddy?...’

 

Everything seems to stop and she felt light-headed with the scene in front of her. Lauren, her daughter, is smiling brightly while clinging onto Taeyeon and her ex-fiance just has the same bright smile while looking at Lauren with warm eyes. It was like a normal and happy scene between a father and daughter and the mother should be glad about it but Tiffany just couldn’t grasp how the two knew each other and she was completely bemused as she stared at Lauren and Taeyeon.

 

“Lauren-ah, why did you run away from Aunty Suzy?” Taeyeon softly asked as he sat the little girl back on the bench next to her mom.

“Because… I… I want to see Daddy… I miss Daddy~~” Lauren cutely smiled at him as she accepted the ice cream from Taeyeon.

“You want to see me?” he tilted his head on the side as he crouched down again in front of her, receiving a nod from her before taking a spoonful of ice cream into .

 

Taeyeon warmly smiled as he felt strangely happy that the little girl that he just met yesterday which happens to be his ex-fiancee’s daughter, misses him and wants to see him but above all, his heart felt warm everytime the little girl would call her Daddy.

 

“I miss you too… but little princess, don’t do it again, okay? You made your Aunty, especially your Mommy worried and sad, you should say sorry to her.” Taeyeon cooed as he grabbed the ice cream from her hands and instructed her to apologize to Tiffany.

 

“I’m sorry, mommy~ Lauren won’t do it again… promise~~” she sweetly said as she kissed her mom on the cheek before hugging her.

 

Still dazed, Tiffany could just smile at her daughter and hug her back before kissing the top of her head while avoiding eye contact with Taeyeon who couldn’t help but to warmly smile at them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter