Follow me.

Second Star to the Right.

~*Chapter Five *~

The next morning, you looked around for Baekhyun everywhere. The skip in your step had evidently returned and you danced around the asylum with excitement in your smile, searching high and low for the magical boy. Your enthusiasm was starting to wear away, however, when you still couldn’t find him after a good hour of searching.

The sun was shining brightly again and with your animated frame of mind, you skipped on over to the bush that you had buried your scissors in and made sure that the earth had not been disturbed. You crouched down to examine it and as you had hoped, it was how you had left it.

You wandered about aimlessly for a while, hoping that you would just bump in to Baekhyun, but you had no such luck.

Where is he? You pouted to yourself and let out a long exhale as you trudged back to the Rec Room . As you walked through the doors, you saw a small crowd of three doctors surrounding someone who was kicking up quite the fuss.

“I told you, no!”

“Baekhyun, please just cooperate with us, I’ll leave it here and I’ll come back and check on you in twenty minutes. I strongly recommend that you take this,” one of the doctors instructed, placing a small white cup down on the table next to Baekhyun. He looked from it to the man in disgust before the trio of doctors filed away.

You watched as he picked up the cup of medicine and scowled at it before pushing it away from himself, going to get up.

“Baekhyun, wait!” you called before he could escape you again. He spun around and locked eyes with you before narrowing them and turning to leave again. He was clearly still annoyed at your lack of trust in him. Wow, this boy can hold a grudge.

“I believe you,” you breathed as you caught up to him.

“Of course you do,” he snapped, turning on his heel once again.

“No,” you protested, your hands balling in to fists. You reached out and grabbed his arm, spinning him back around before he could leave again. “I saw your shadow,” you whispered so only he could hear, “It moved on its own and if that’s not magic, I don’t know what is.”

He looked at you blankly, you could not read his expression at all and you were starting to get frustrated with the lack of feedback.

“Follow me,” you huffed, leading him outside.

“Where are we going?” he asked as you led him through the corridors and outside in to the lovely, warm air.

“Wait,” you nodded. He followed you helplessly like a lost puppy and he stared at your hand that was locked around his wrist, not entirely sure what to do. You walked him to the bush that you buried the scissors in and stopped just before it, letting go of his wrist to crouch down and unearth it. He watched as you dug up the ground and cocked his head in confusion.

“What are you- oh,” his eyes widened as he saw the glint of the blade shine under the glare of the sun. “How did you get those?” he asked.

“I took them from the kitchen” you admitted, shrugging your shoulders like it was no big deal, when in fact, it was a huge deal and you thought about it all the time. You were constantly scared that they were going to notice the absence of the tool and you were going to get caught.

“You really did that?” he asked, reaching out to take them. You handed them to him and he examined them, brushing off the bits of dirt. You nodded in response and he gave you a wide smile which you returned, brushing a stray piece of hair behind your ear.

“So, how is this going to work?” you asked, cocking your head, pointing to the ground that had Baekhyun’s shadow cast upon it. The shadow waved at you and you gasped quietly, still not accustomed to the abnormality of shadows moving on their own. Baekhyun let out a small laugh and this time, he took your wrist, leading you to the tree you had sat under the other day. You both sat down on the other side of the trunk so you couldn’t be seen clearly by anyone around you and Baekhyun handed the scissors back to you.

“What do I do?” you asked, biting your lip.

“Cut it as close to my foot as you can,” he instructed, pointing to where the dark shadow was spreading out from his foot.

“Is it going to hurt you?” you asked, quite concerned.

“Only a little,” he smiled, “I’ve felt worse pain.”

“Ok,” you mumbled uncertainly, getting on your knees clicking the scissors open and shut to shake off the remaining dirt. You gulped as you held the scissors, hovering close to the shadow.

“Don’t be scared,” he reassured you, giving you a happy nod.

Your hands shook a little as you made the first snip. You didn’t expect anything to happen, but your eyes widened in shock as the shadow split like paper as you brought the blades of the scissors down upon it. The shadow began to flail around and you saw Baekhyun scrunch his face up slightly.

“Are you sure you want me to do this?” you asked worriedly, retracting this scissors, pushing your hair out of your face.

“Yes, don’t worry about me.”

You nodded slightly and turned your attention back to the shadow. You continued snipping along the incision you had made in it and you tried to ignore the sharp intakes of breath that Baekhyun was drawing in. You didn’t like seeing him in pain, but you knew he wanted this and you did too. You couldn’t believe that this was actually happening; it was like one of your fairytales actually coming true. Your heart was racing and your breathing was uneven. Once you had made the last snip, the shadow bounced away, dancing around on the green grass beneath you. Baekhyun let out a relieved sigh and wiped away the beads of sweat that had formed under his bangs. He finally gave you a broad smile and then turned his attention to the shadow, bringing his fingers to his lips and letting out an ear piercing whistle.

“Come here,” he beckoned to it. It shook its head and wagged its finger menacingly, continuing to dance about. “Aish…” he sighed, running a hand through his hair, “Why do I have to be so stubborn?”

You chuckled at his comment and he stood up, whistling again. “Come here,” he whined, trying to control his shadow. It eventually sulked over after a good five minutes of Baekhyun whining and whistling to get its attention.

“Listen,” he began, crouching down to the shadow’s level. If anyone else could see this, they would think you were completely insane, but in the moment, it seemed so normal and you watched in awe as the shadow listened tentatively.

“I need you to go to Neverland, get Tinkerbell and bring her back. We’re finally going home,” he smiled to himself and then up to you. You gave him the thumbs up and the shadow nodded before dashing off in to the distance and completely disappearing.

“It should be back in two days,” he stated, standing up, brushing off the dirt from his pants.

“So we’re really going to Neverland?” you asked excitedly, catching his eyes.

“We sure are,” he beamed, “In the mean time, we need to figure out a way to create a distraction so we can leave without anyone noticing straight away.”

You bit your lip as you thought and Baekhyun took your wrist again, back towards the bush where you buried the scissors again – there was no way you were going to sneak them back in to the kitchen. The risk of getting yourself in trouble just before you were about to get to Neverland, the place of your dreams, was too great and you were not going to get yourself chucked in to solitary confinement again. You patted the earth and straightened back up, walking with Baekhyun back to the Rec Room where you began to formulate a plan.

 

________________________________________________________________

A/N : Short chapter, hehe. Thank you for all the support so far on this fic, you guys are amazing. I read every single one of your comments, they are so lovely and sweet, thank you so much♥ 

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes, I wrote this rather quickly because I just wanted to get it down, gomawo♥