Is that you?

Second Star to the Right.

~*Chapter Two *~

Your plan hadn’t gone nearly as well as you’d hoped. Stuck within the four walls of solitary confinement, you had nothing to do but re-read Baekhyun’s book over and over. Hours had gone by and you were beginning to think that this whole plan was a bad idea. How were you going to get any contact with Baekhyun? You had no idea where in solitary confinement he was located and there was no way you could check either. You drew your knees up to your chest and flicked through the book again, resting your head on the wall next to you.

Your eyes were getting heavy as you read and you would have nodded off to sleep, had it not been for the loud thumps and mumbling from the room next door to you. The walls seemed to be quite thin and you could hear someone having a conversation.

You craned your neck and pressed your ear closer to the wall to hear what was being said.

“…back to Neverland…”

You perked up when you realised that it must be Baekhyun. Who else would talk about Neverland? But who was he talking to? It sounded like he was having a full conversation. Unless he was talking to himself.

You knocked on the wall lightly and called his name.

“Baekhyun? Is that you?”

All of the noise suddenly stopped and you sat there awkwardly, waiting for a reply.

“Who’s that?” he asked after a long silence.

“My name is Semmi. We’ve met once. I have your book.”

He didn’t answer.

“Who were you talking to?” you asked, since there didn’t seem to be anyone else in his room.

“My shadow” he said bluntly.

“Sorry, your what?” you asked, eyes widening in shock. How could he be talking to his shadow? You must have misheard him.

“My shadow.”

“What do you mean, you’re talking to your shadow?  Shadow’s don’t talk” you said, glancing over at your own shadow that was being cast on the opposite wall from the dim light that was flickering above. You stared hard at it, waiting for something spectacular to happen, like for it to come to life on its own or start a conversation. Nothing of the sort happened, however. You waved your hand and your shadow mimicked it, but nothing more.

“That doesn’t matter” he dismissed you. You heard the small creaking of bed springs and assumed that he was now sitting down.  You felt a little annoyed at his answer but you didn’t push him any further on it, just in case you upset him or made him angry.

It went silent for another long while and you picked at your nails, hoping that he would spark up another conversation. When he didn’t you took it upon yourself.

“Can you tell me more about Neverland?”

“Why? You’ll only call me insane like all of the others.” You could hear the spite in his voice and it hurt you a little bit.

“No I won’t” you answered, pursing your lips in to a pout, “It’s OK, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.”

“Do you believe in magic?” he asked after a long pause.

“I like to.” The truth was, your faith in magic had started fading ever since the car crash. You used to swear by magic, you believed in everything from fairies and wizards to dragons and witches. Now, you weren’t so sure. You didn’t know if it was because you were growing up or whether it was because you had lost too much to cling on to a fruitless dream.

“Well Neverland is a place of magic. Some would argue it’s the very heart of magic itself.”

“Really? What’s it like?”

“It’s an island where troubles cease to exist. You never grow up, you forget the past and live in the present.”

“You forget the past?”

He hummed in response and you sat there contemplating the information you had just received. If this was true, was he just saying that there was an opportunity for you to forget everything and be happy again?

“Yep, it’s nothing but happiness in Neverland.”

“Really? Then how are you here?”

“That’s a long story.”

“Well, it’s a good thing we’ll both be in solitary confinement for at least another day then, isn’t it?”

He chuckled and you heard the bed squeak again as he got comfy.

“Long story short, I came to bring someone back from Neverland and I got stuck here. I’ve been here for four years now. They keep moving me to different places and they keep telling me that Neverland doesn’t exist, but I know it does, I lived there. My brothers are there, my home. They’re giving me weird medicine and I keep forgetting things. That’s why I keep that book, so I can remember. Because once you forget, Neverland disappears forever.”

“How do you get back to Neverland?”

“You need magic. Fairy dust to be precise. That’s why I’ve been talking to my shadow. It can travel easily from Neverland to here and I need to send it there to get some fairy dust from Tinkerbell so I can go back. But I need someone to cut my shadow off for me, I can’t do it myself and nobody ever believes me.”

“You need to cut off your shadow?”

“See,” he chuckled, “Even you’re struggling to believe me now.”

“No, I believe you, just…how do you do it?”

“Something sharp and the belief in magic” he said quietly.

“I can help you” you said, staring off into space. You knew this was completely absurd, but you couldn’t help but believe every word he was saying.

“You’re being serious? You’d do that?” He seemed extremely surprised and you could almost feel the excitement in his voice.

“On one condition” you began, nodding to yourself.

“What?”

“Take me with you.”

“You want to come to Neverland? Are you sure?”

“Positive.”

You needed to forget. Staying here and grieving was getting you nowhere but you just couldn’t forget. It this ‘Neverland’ place was going to help you to forget, then that was what you wanted. You loved your family but you couldn’t let them go and this was the only opportunity you were going to have to become normal and happy again.

“Deal.”

“We need to talk face-to-face” you stated, staring at the wall that was separating you both, imagining him behind it.

“Yes, that would definitely help.”

“If we behave, we should get out of here by tomorrow afternoon.”

“Then I shall see you tomorrow afternoon” he said. You somehow knew that he was smiling with his words and you smiled too, lying down.

“Goodnight, Semmi” you heard him say as you closed your eyes.

“Goodnight, Baekhyun” you whispered back. You just hoped that everything he had just told you was completely true and that he wasn’t just some crazy boy with weird dreams. You finally fell asleep, clutching Baekhyun’s book to your chest and for the first time since the crash, you didn’t dream of that fateful day where you lost everything, you dreamt of far off lands and magical adventures, just like you did when you were a child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:

Thank you guys so much! I just reached 150 subscribers and I can't believe it! Kyaa~~ Thank you all for reading my stories, I didn't think anyone would read them at all, I was kind of writing them for myself, but I'm glas that you enjoy them too! Thank you, thank you, thank you, I sarang you all!♥♥♥